Just Pretend

By AliDarling_

Margo Brown, twenty five year old writer is desperate to pave her own path and to get out of her small town i... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - No Funny Business
Chapter 2 - Scooby Doo, Pancakes & Arcades
Chapter 3 - Noah?
Chapter 4 - Ambitious
Chapter 5 - The Show Must Go On
Chapter 6 - I'm Yours
Chapter 7 - We Happened
Chapter 8 - I Could Stay Like This Forever
Chapter 9 - No PDA In The Pool
Chapter 10 - That Boys In Fucking Love
Chapter 11 - More Than Like
Chapter 12 - Like Jellytots
Chapter 13 - I Love You
Chapter 14 - Beer Pong, Vampires & Tour Guides
Chapter 15 - Lets See Infinity Together
Chapter 16 - Living With Boys
Chapter 17 - Please Trust Me
Chapter 18 - S'mores, Big Tesco's & Canoodling
Chapter 19 - Churros & Ferris Wheels
Chapter 20 - Valentines Day
Chapter 21 - So Mar, Will You Move In With Me?
Chapter 22 - I Can't Lose Her
Chapter 23 - Welcome To The Boys Club
Chapter 24 - Starfish, Frozen Yogurt & Sadie
Chapter 25 - I Spy
Chapter 26 - Mario Kart, Fishing & Noahs Hoodie
Chapter 27 - Place Your Bets
Chapter 28 - "She's Smart As Hell Too, Which Is Fucking Hot"
Chapter 29 - Girls Are Fucking Weird
Chapter 30 - But You're My Favourite Mar
Chapter 31 - Please Don't Join Us
Chapter 32 - Forever, Truths & To Us
Chapter 33 - Vegas Baby!
Chapter 34 - Perfect. Always Perfect
Chapter 35 - We Brought Snacks
Chapter 36 - Five Tickets For A Funeral
Chapter 37 - American Boys
Chapter 39 - Don't Scare The Fairies Away Noah
Chapter 40 - It's You
Chapter 41 - Always Entwined
Chapter 42 - Everything's Black
Chapter 43 - Y'all Gotta Chill
Chapter 44 - Just Us
Chapter 45 - Wheres Nick?
Chapter 46 - She's Gone
Chapter 47 - Mrs Noah Sebastian
Chapter 48 - We're Growing Up
Chapter 49 - Found Our Home

Chapter 38 - You Guys Should Be In A Band

148 6 2
By AliDarling_

"Your house is lovely, thanks for letting us all crash here." Folio smiles at my grandma as we all sit around the kitchen table waiting on dinner.

"Thank you, that's very kind of you to say. If you boys keep those kids entertained as well as you have done today you are welcome to stay here as many times as you want." My grandma says placing a bowl of mash potato in the centre of the table. I have to give it to her, she's great at keeping up appearances but I can tell that mums death is hurting her. "Come on, help yourselves." My grandma instructs as she heads back into the kitchen.

"Can you help Isla and Rose. I'll be a minute." I whisper into Noah's ear and excuse myself from the table following my grandma to the kitchen. I find her leaning against the wooden kitchen counter, my grandad next to her arm around her shoulders. "Go sit down, I'll finish everything in here. If it's too much we can go stay in town." I tell them trying to be helpful.

"Och, don't be silly love. I'm glad you're here, I'm glad you're all here it gives me a distraction." She chuckles as I grab a bowl that's full of mixed vegetables. "Plus it is quite nice to see you. Go sit down, get your dinner. It's almost done." She instructs.

"Okay, well if it's too much let me know." I say turning and taking the veg into the dining room.

"Everything okay?" Noah asks as I sit back down next to him and Isla.

"I guess..." I reply spooning some veg onto Isla's plate.

"I don't like sweetcorn." Isla tells me with her sassy attitude to which I roll my eyes.

"Pick it out then." I bluntly reply getting a huff from Isla.

"Granny's being weird. Why? Is that why you're here? Is Granny sick?" Isla asks. Kids are always so intuitive I sometimes forget how aware of their surroundings they are.

"No Isla Granny isn't sick." I reply avoiding her other questions.

"How come you came back so soon then? It's not even summer holidays yet." Isla asks completely oblivious to the reality of the situation.

"I just missed you that much." I poke my tongue out at her as my grandparents come into the dining room with the rest of dinner placing it down on the table. I help myself and finally the guys follow suit adding things to their own plates.

"Noah you can't feed Freddie." Isla scolds Noah as he feeds the dog the smallest amount of pulled pork.

"Sorry..." He mumbles, his cheeks reddening.

"Just don't do it again." Isla continues to tell him off making me laugh.

"Yes boss." He jokes.

"Never thought I'd see the day Noah would get told off by a five year old." Folio laughs digging into his dinner.

"Me either." Nick laughs.

"I'm watching you boys aswell." Isla stares the boys down from the opposite side of the table.

"Okay lil lady." Folio replies making Isla giggle.

"Silly American boys."

                                                *

"This is when I wish they had decorated after I moved out." I laugh awkwardly as I open my old bedroom door letting Noah inside.

"Woah... tumblr definitely inspired you." He laughs wheeling our case inside the room.

"Yeah definitely." I follow him closing the door behind us.

"Margo that's so cute." He points at the Oli Sykes poster on the wall.

"Please stop. It's mortifying." I reply as Noah takes in the rest of the wall. More posters are scattered on the same one wall, a collage of pictures, tickets, photos and paintings.

"Did you paint these?" He asks looking closer.

"Mhmm... let's go back down stairs." I try to distract him. Noah turns around to where I'm standing, looking past me.

"No fucking way." He laughs, I scrunch my eyebrows confused at his reaction. "You still have your kit?" He points to the drum set up behind me.

"Oh yeah..." Noah smirks at my reply.

"Play something." He tells me and I immediately shake my head. "Please." He presses and I sigh begrudgingly sitting on the stool.

"Okay, ugh fuck. I haven't played these for years." I huff as I press the peddle for the kick drum.

"Wait. Two minutes." Noah stops me as I grab my sticks.

"Why?"

"I need Folio to see this." He quickly says and darts out the room clearly going next door to grab Folio.

"Fucksake." I sigh and start to play "Basket Case" by Green Day anyway.

It comes back to me like it's second nature. I find myself getting lost in the rhythm, fully immersed in my own world.

"Dudeeee! Margo you're fucking good." Folio bounces as I set down my sticks. I smile awkwardly not really knowing at what point he had come into the room. Nick and Jolly also seem to have joined us becoming part of my audience.

"Thanks. You're unreal though, seriously Folio you have some fucking talent." I praise him and he seems to go all shy.

"Cheers Margo, that means a lot." He smiles and Noah looks on proudly.

"Do another." Jolly demands just as Isla comes running into the room.

"You're playing your drums!" She claps seating herself on the bed.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready for bed?" I ask Isla who aggressively shakes her head.

"Nope, Granny said I can stay up another fifteen minutes." She sassily tells me.

"Girl you don't know what fifteen minutes is. You bet she'll be in here soon to tell you your fifteen minutes is up." I give her attitude back.

"Nu uh. Play another song." She demands and I shake my head. "Please." She pleads.

"Please Mar, just one more." Noah winks adding fuel to the fire sitting down on the bed next to Isla.

"Ay, yeah you play another one and then play one." Folio says and I genuinely think he's trying to be helpful.

"Yeah, I'll go and then you can show Isla how to actually play drums." I laugh and start to play them anyway opting for "Diamonds Aren't Forever" by Bring Me The Horizon.

"I wanna go!" Isla squeals once I finish.

"Come here." I reply and she slides off the bed in exchange for my lap. "Here." I place the sticks in her hands and she starts to bash on the drums with the sticks. Total chaos unfolds and she obviously starts obsessing over the cymbals. I look up to Noah's low chuckle and that's when I realise he's been filming us causing havoc. I stick my middle finger up for his video and Isla does the same. "Don't tell Granny you did that." I say quietly making everyone laugh.

"Move over girls, my go." Folio declares obviously itching to play. Isla slides off my knee heading straight back to the bed, where the boys have now claimed as their own. I plop myself down on the bed next to Noah who pulls me into him.

"Can I play with your hair?" I hear Isla ask Jolly who chuckles at her request. "Please?" She continues and he shrugs awkwardly.

"Sure?..." He hesitates and Isla starts to grab strands of his hair attempting to make a braid. I roll my eyes at Noah and Folio starts to play totally showing me up.

"Woah you're well good!" Isla excitedly tells Folio as he finishes.

"Thanks, I think that's the best compliment I've ever had." Folio replies as Nick clocks the other instruments in the opposite corner of the room.

"Dude!" She's got a guitar and a bass!" Nick is off the bed before I can stop him. "She's tuned..." he smirks at Noah after picking the strings.

The boys all start to play together which sounds weird with an acoustic but they seem to somehow make it work, going for a half acoustic half not acoustic version of "Limits". Isla is completely mesmerised as Noah sings along casually.

"You guys should be in a band!" She proclaims as the song finishes causing all of us to laugh. "What?! You are kinda awesome!" She continues innocently just as my grandma pops her head through the door.

"Miss Isla Grace Brown, did I not tell you it was bedtime almost half an hour ago now?" My grandma tuts at the wee chancer that my sister is. "Come on now, bed. Say good night."

"Night everyone." Isla mumbles as she hugs us all one by one dragging her feet as she leaves the room, my grandma shakes her head as she closes the door behind them.

"You know guys, she might be onto something. Maybe we could start a band." Jolly laughs sitting back on the bed and Noah finds the remote for my T.V turning it on and opening Netflix.

"Yeah the kid might just be onto something." Nick laughs as Noah settles on Zombieland.

"Looks like we're having a movie night. Good choice Noah." Jolly says with a smile as the movie starts up.

"How are you feeling about tomorrow?" Noah whispers to me as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"I don't really know. I just want it to be over." I sigh focussing on the movie and Noah begins to play with my hair. "I don't want him to be there." I mumble.

"Maybe he won't show." Noah replies. I know the guys are listening and probably trying to piece together the situation. As far as I'm aware Noah has never told them my family situation and I haven't either but I guess by now they've put the pieces together themselves or will have by tomorrow.

"Let's hope Noah. Let's fucking hope."

————————————————————————————

Hey guys! I hope you've all had a lovely weekend!

Lemme know how we're enjoying the story so far!

Love yall!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 197 21
Sequel to Careful What You Wish For... Noah and Vivian have made it this far, but what does life hold for them? Will it contain more chaos, or will...
4.1K 54 42
BOOK TWO After a heartbreaking breakup, Noah Sebastian finds the strength to move on and do what he does best with his band, which is touring the wo...
763 54 18
Sadie King is so determined that she's burnt herself out. Everything in her world just seems grey. Working full time in London, but desperate to keep...
31.5K 797 33
[[BOOK 1]] Veronica was never dealt the perfect hand in life, and she did a good job at complicating it further. When she finally decides to leave h...