His challenge #3

By dark_light233

Lexi is broken. And what does that mean? It means that she needs someone to heal her heart. Put the pieces ba... More

Before we start...
Aesthetics
Chapter 1: Stranger in Portland
Chapter 2: Cookies
Chapter 3: Joey's Bistro
Chapter 4: Hockey
Chapter 5: Lunch
Chapter 6: Bus stop
Chapter 7: Bruises
Chapter 8: Bar
Chapter 9: Another day
Chapter 10: Advice
Chapter 11: (Un)locked door
Chapter 12: Questions
Chapter 13: Dangerous night
Chapter 14: A house but not a home
Chapter 15: Smile
Chapter 16: Hospital
Chapter 17: Gifts
Chapter 18: A glass
Chapter 19: A crossed line
Chapter 20: Protection
Chapter 21: Finn and mafia
Chapter 22: Examination
Chapter 23: Ointment
Chapter 24: Brother
Chapter 25: Past
Chapter 26: Busy morning
Chapter 27: Night
Chapter 28: Arguments
Chapter 29: Money
Chapter 30: Pancakes
Chapter 31: Feelings
Chapter 32: Tent
Chapter 33: Lake
Chapter 34: Breakfast
Author's note
Chapter 35: Us
Chapter 36: Relationships
Chapter 37: Truth or dare
Chapter 38: "We're celebrating!"
Chapter 39: Parents
Chapter 40: Date
Chapter 41: "Argument"
Chapter 42: Dinner
Chapter 43: Friends
Chapter 44: MoodπŸ”₯
Chapter 45: Late night visit
Chapter 46: Funeral
Chapter 47: Decisions
Chapter 48: Love hurts
Chapter 49: Angel?
Chapter 50: Talks
Chapter 51: Fight
Chapter 52: Water
Chapter 53: Love
Chapter 54: Not okay but getting there
Chapter 55: Cookie girl
Chapter 56: Weirdo
Chapter 58: Happiness

Chapter 57: Family

266 16 10
By dark_light233

"If you need anything or if you don't feel fine, you'll call me, okay?" Lexi said as she hugged her mother again.

"Yes, yes." She laughed and pulled away from her daughter. "But don't you dare think about me all the time. You're going to New York, honey, enjoy yourself there." She cupped her face in her hands. "Send me lots of pictures." She kissed her cheek.

"Of course, mom." Lexi smiled.

After almost no persuasion, Lexi and I decided to go to New York to visit my siblings. At first, she was excited, but as the day of our departure approached, Lexi became more nervous. She's afraid something will happen while she's not here. However, I promised her that if anything happened, we would be on the first plane back.

"I'm hoping you will take care of my daughter, Finn."

"Yes, Madam." I smiled at her.

"Repeat after me. A-D-E-L-A-I-D-E." With each letter, she came closer to me. When she was standing next to me, she grabbed my hand. "Come back to me both safe and sound, okay?"

"Of course." I nodded.

"Come on then. What are you waiting for? Shoo, shoo." With the movements of her hands, she chased us out of the hospital room.

"If anything..." Lexi began again, but Adelaide cut her off.

"Go, baby. And send lots of pictures!"

We walked out of the hospital laughing and stopped by my car.

"Everything will be okay." I tried to calm Lexi down. "It's only for a few days."

"I know." She exhaled and looked at the hospital behind us.

"What are you thinking about, sunshine?" I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer, her back bumping into my chest.

"I'm scared."

"Of what?" I frowned.

"Everything is going well. Mom is doing better, father is still attending meetings, and the two of us are fine. I'm just waiting for everything to go wrong."

"Hey, hey, hey." I turned her in my arms so she was looking at me. "Why would such a thing happen?"

"Because that's my life. Whenever everything is great and I'm happy, something..."

"Not this time." I jumped into her speech. "And even if something happens, we'll get through it together, okay?" I cupped her face in my hands. "I'm going to need an answer, sunshine."

"Okay." She said quietly.

"Come on, let's go get your stuff." I kissed the tip of her nose and opened the car door for her.

A few minutes later we parked in front of her house.

"I'm going to change and go to the bathroom real quick. Do you want to wait inside?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Of course, who else would take your bags?" I got out of the car with a grin, and as I stood in front of the hood, her door began to open. "Lexi." I said warningly and she closed back the door.

I opened them for her with a smile.

"I really don't understand why you insist on this." She shook her head and got out of the car.

"It's a nice gesture." I grabbed her hand and intertwined my fingers with her. "And I feel useful."

She rolled her eyes but had a smile on her face. "Fine, you can still open the door for me."

"Perfect." I opened the door to her house and stood by the stairs.

"It'll be just a second." She stood on her tiptoes and gave me a quick kiss on the lips.

"You have time, no need to rush." I let go of her hand and watched her walk away from me up the stairs.

"Are you leaving already?" I heard that annoying voice that belonged to her father who had just walked into the living room from the kitchen.

All happiness and joy flew straight out the window.

"Yes." I said harshly.

I spent more time in this house in the last month than in my apartment. Whenever Lexi and I ate in the kitchen or came downstairs, he was there trying to talk to us.

Lexi, a wonderful woman with a heart of gold, is slowly forgiving him.

But I'm not Lexi.

I hate him. I will never forgive him for what he did to the woman I love. When me and Lexi get married, there is no way I'm letting him walk down the aisle with her. No, she'll go with either her mother or one of the guys. Or alone, but she won't go with him.

It takes everything in me not to punch him every time I see his hideous face.

There is nothing he can do to change my mind about him. He can go to meetings for alcoholics, get a job, cook and clean. He could have laid the moon and the whole sky at Lexi's feet and I would never forget what he did. Just because it's in the past doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Are you sure it's not just because you didn't have a chance to treat your own father like that? Show him every day how you hate him for everything he's done to you. You and your siblings?

Shut up.

"And the cat?" He spoke again.

"He's staying with my neighbor." With Zack, who by the way no longer has blue hair, but faint pink. I won't lie, it suits him. I told him that out loud once and he won't let me forget it.

"Oh good." He nodded. After a moment of silence, which I didn't mind at all, he let out a heavy breath and I knew he was going to say something again. Why doesn't he just stay quiet? "Look. I understand you don't like me, but..."

"There is no but." I turned to him. "I don't like you and I never will. Just deal with it and save us both some time."

"You won't even do it for Lexi?"

I already hit him in my head. How dare he use her against me?

"She would like to see that we get along, don't you get it? It would make her happy. Don't want her to be..."

"Watch your tongue, old man," I said between my teeth. "The only reason you're not in the hospital with broken bones is because I don't want to upset Lexi. Try to use her happiness against me one more time and..."

"I'm trying to fix everything, why can't you see?" He started to look cranky. "I'm trying to change."

"If you weren't an asshole, you wouldn't have to fix anything." I took a step towards him, suddenly standing face to face. "I don't know where this sudden attempt to change came from, but I don't believe a word that comes out of your mouth. Just so you know, that will never change. You should be thankful that Lexi is staying here. But hurt her one more time..."

"I wouldn't do that." He jumped into my speech.

"Hurt her one more time," I went on, my jaw and fists clenched, "and you'll never see her again. One tear, one bad thought about you, and I'll take her to the other side of the world. And that's not a threat, but a promise. It would be good for you to remember that."

He stood there stunned, and for a moment I thought he had swallowed his own tongue.

Hearing Lexi, I took a step back putting on a smile. "Ready?" I walked over to her while she was coming down the stairs with one black travel bag which I immediately took from her.

It's been getting warmer the last few days, so I wasn't surprised to see her in a dress. She looked like an angel in a white short dress with long loose sleeves. The complete opposite of my black pants and black short-sleeved t-shirt.

"I think I have everything. Hi." She smiled at her father.

"Then we can go." I nodded. "After you." I pointed to the door.

"I'll see you in a few days, Dad." She said and to my surprise gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Take care." He almost whispered.

I followed Lexi to the car, opened the door for her, before tossing her bag next to mine in the trunk. I got into my car and headed to the nearest airport.

"Is something bothering you?" I asked after a moment of silent travel.

"I'm suddenly starting to realize I'm going to meet your family. In New York." She bit her lip. "I'm just a little nervous."

"They will love you." I put my hand on her exposed thigh trying to calm her down.

"Isn't that your job?" She laughed.

"You're right." I lowered my head with a laugh. "Seriously, sunshine. You have nothing to fear. You've even met Kai."

"Oh, because our first meeting was amazing, wasn't it?" She snorted and was looking somewhere at the city outside the window.

"Sunshine." I squeezed her thigh, drawing her attention to me. "They will love you." I repeated. "Just be yourself." I smiled.

"All right." She exhaled heavily and placed her hand on mine. "I can handle it." She said more for herself than for me. "Easy peasy."

With a smile on my lips, I lifted her hand to my mouth and kissed it. She looks adorable when she's nervous.

*****

Lexi is terrified.

After almost six hours, we reached New York and we are currently standing in front of Killian's house, or better said villa.

"It's a bit extravagant for my taste." I laughed and walked over to her with both bags in one hand. "But it's nice to have so much space."

"You could fit my house in one of the garages."

"Possibly." I laughed again. "I know what will help you get rid of that nervousness." I put two fingers to my mouth and whistled loudly.

Not long after, I heard distant barking. After a few seconds, Odin emerged from behind the villa and ran straight towards us.

"Come here, buddy." I fell to the ground and was almost thrown off when he lunged at me. "I missed you too."

He couldn't even stand me in the five years we had him, but he's become a sweetheart ever since he met Lyssa and Lucy.

"He won't bite you." I looked up at Lexi who was holding on to every piece of self-control she had. It was obvious she wanted to pet him. "Be a good boy." I scratched him behind ears.

Lexi bent to the ground but did not extend her hand to him. Odin shifted his attention from me to her and cocked his head to the side as he studied her. He took a few steps towards her and sniffed her.

"Hi." She smiled.

Odin stuck out his tongue and nudged her hand with his snout as a sign for her to pet him.

"See? You've already charmed one member of my family." I straightened up.

"He's beautiful." She patted his head and scratched him behind his ears, which he liked. "Maybe we should have brought Sunny."

"He would eat him alive."

"Oh stop it." She waved her hand at me. "He wouldn't hurt a fly, would you, Odin?"

"I meant Sunny." I said with a serious expression.

"Finn." She stood up and hit my shoulder with her palm. "That wasn't nice." She frowned.

"At least you're not nervous anymore. Let's go before that changes." I grabbed her hand and started pulling her in, Odin at our heels.

The two guys at the door nodded at us before they opened the door for us and we walked in. If I thought she was looking at the villa from the outside in amazement, there are no words to describe how she is looking at the inside.

"You don't even look at me like that," I complained.

"Wow." She said almost out of breath.

"I did not know that angels began to walk the earth." I heard a very familiar voice and found one of my brothers standing a few feet away.

"Nice to see you too Sebastian." I shook my head.

Lexi turned sharply to the door that led to the living room. Sebastian was leaning against the wall, arms crossed over his chest and I'm not going to lie, I kind of wanted to punch him because of the way he was looking at Lexi.

"So, angel, you must be Lexi." He pushed himself away from the wall and walked towards us. "Sebastian Acker." He reached for her hand, which I was holding, and kissed it.

Lexi looked at me confused as if she didn't know what to do. Maybe I should have warned her about Sebastian.

"Um, Lexi. Nice to...meet you." She pulled her hand out of his.

"If you wanted to make her feel uncomfortable, job well done." I put my hand on her back.

"Come on brother, I'm just here having a conversation with a gorgeous..."

"Sebastian," I said in a warning tone. Lexi was gorgeous, I won't deny that, but Sebastian was openly trying to flirt with her. It's in his nature and he's my brother, that's the only reason I'm letting him get away with it this time.

"Okay, okay." He raised his hands in the air. "Seriously brother, you found yourself a nice woman."

"You need someone to humble you." I'm not sure Lexi meant to say it out loud, but it happened.

"Ouch." Sebastian clutched his chest drastically, but he had a smile on his face. "Such a sharp tongue for such a pretty face."

"You have every right to hit him. Anytime you feel like it." Another voice spoke and Kai appeared in front of us. "Hi, Lexi."

"Kai." She smiled at him and shook hands with him. "Nice to see you again."

"But I'm serious, you want to hit him, suit yourself, he deserves it."

"Hey!" Sebastian punched him in the shoulder.

"Don't be a baby." Kai rolled his eyes and walked over to hug me. "Good to see you."

"You too." I hugged him back. "Theo and Luna?"

"Out, but they should be back soon."

"And Killian? Is he home?"

"In the study." We pulled away. "Working."

"I'll just peek there. Make sure he doesn't do anything while I'm gone." I pointed at Sebastian. "I'll be right back." I kissed Lexi on the cheek and walked over to Killian's office.

I must have gotten out of the habit, because I didn't knock, I just peeked inside. I heard a woman's voice, but it didn't sound like she was in the room, but...on the phone?

"Promise me you won't push everyone away after I'm gone. Because I know I would. Killian, you're my home..."

"Killian?" I walked into the room and found him behind the table with a phone in his hand. He quickly turned it off when he heard me and put it in a drawer.

"Finn." He smiled. "You're finally here." He stood up from the table and walked over to me, hugging me.

I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable, so I didn't ask him about the phone or about his red eyes.

"We missed you little brother." He held me tight.

"Missed you too." I buried my head in his neck. "Where's Lucy?"

"In her room, she's having a tea party with Mattias."

"Mattias?" I laughed and we pulled away. "Bodyguard Mattias?"

"Yes." He laughed.

"Please tell me he has a crown or something."

"Most likely." He shook his head amused. "So where's your..." He didn't finish the sentence because he probably didn't know how to finish it.

"In the hallway with Odin, Kai and Sebastian."

"Poor woman."

"Exactly. Come on, I'll introduce you." We left his office and immediately heard voices.

When we spotted them all, Kai and Sebastian were obviously arguing about something and Lexi looked like she was holding back a laugh.

"Killian will decide." Sebastian said when he noticed us first. "Who would be a better boyfriend, me or Kai?"

"Finn." Killian answered without hesitation, and that caught me by surprise.

"Screw you, Killian." Sebastian showed him his middle finger.

"Bring someone home, that you've been with for more than a week and then I'll reconsider."

"Why not me? What did I do wrong?" Kai asked.

"You're not much better than him."

"Ouch. I take that personally."

While they were arguing, I walked over to Lexi. "Are you having fun?"

"They're like puppies." She whispered. "They bark at each other, but it doesn't do anything."

"You'll get used to it." I placed my hand on her lower back. "Killian." I drew everyone's attention to me. "This is Lexi. Lexi, Killian." Lexi's shoulders stiffened.

Killian took a few steps towards us and put out his hand. "Nice to meet you."

Lexi's gaze drifted to his belt where a gun was now visible. Everyone in the room noticed and for a second Killian looked scared. He looked up at me as if I should tell him what to do now.

I laughed. "Lexi, now is not the time to be thinking about your books, you are scaring my brother."

"Oh, shoot, sorry." She shook her head. "Nice to meet you." With a smile, she offered her hand to Killian, who immediately relaxed.

"Dad! Mattias broke my chair!" I looked past Killian and my eyes fell on Lucy running towards us with Mattias behind her with a guilty look.

And oh my god, he has a crown on his head.

"It's okay." Killian laughed and picked her up off the ground as she was by his side. "We'll buy a new one." He kissed her cheek. "Look who's home."

"Uncle Finn!" She screamed and stretched out her arms to me. Killian immediately handed her to me and I hugged her tightly.

"Hello, princess." I laughed. "Did you miss me?"

"Yes!"

"I brought someone with me, I'd love for you to meet her." I pulled away from her but still held her in my arms. "This is Lexi." I pointed at her.

"Hi." Lexi smiled at her but I could tell she was nervous. But she relaxed as soon as Lucy spoke.

"Will you play princesses with me?"

Yep, Lexi will fit in here without a problem.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.8K 3K 27
❝MY SILENCE IS MY EXPRESSION OF PAIN❞ Ryder Baizen, is your typical 'bad-boy'. The platinum blonde has every girl falling to his feet, while every bo...
225K 7.4K 25
A fire that needs it's fuel, a bull that doesn't chase after red, the devil that lost its touch. April Catch lost the only thing that kept her alive...
14.7K 266 21
COMPLETE! give it a try! 🌸Ava is sunshine girl. On the first day of school she gets paired up in the wrong room filled with hockey boys. She meets h...
18K 430 17
Maya has had a rough past. From her parents dying, to being abused by her step dad, to jumping from foster home to foster home can be a lot for a tee...