Her Step Husband

By Namas48

••|3rd in Arranged Series|•• Can be read as a standalone I always found myself getting mesmerized by him. And... More

Author's Note
Foreword
Cast
💙Character Aesthetics💙
Prologue
My lovely readers 🧡
Snippet
|one|
|two|
|three|
|four|
|five|
|six|
|seven|
|eight|
|nine|
|ten|
|eleven|
|twelve|
Author's Note
|thirteen|
|fourteen|
|fifteen|
|sixteen|
|seventeen|
|eighteen|
|nineteen|
|twenty|
|twenty one|
|twenty two|
Author's Note
|twenty three|
Author's Note
|twenty four|
|twenty five|
Eid Gift for Readers
|twenty six|
|twenty seven|
|twenty eight|
|thirty|
|thirty one|
|thirty two|
|thirty three|
|thirty four|
|thirty five|
|thirty six|
|thirty seven|
|thirty eight|
|thirty nine|
|fourty|
|fourty one|
Invitation
|fourty two|
|fourty three|
|fourty four|
|fourty five|
|fourty six|
|fourty seven|
|fourty eight|
|fourty nine|
|fifty|
Important Announcement
|fifty one|
|fifty two|
|fifty three|
|fifty four|
|fifty five|
Aesthetics
|fifty six|
|fifty seven|
|fifty eight|
|fifty nine|
|sixty|
|sixty one|
|sixty two|
|sixty three|
|sixty four|
Author's Note
|sixty five|
|sixty six|
|sixty seven|
|sixty eight|
|sixty nine|
|seventy|
|seventy one|
|seventy two|
|seventy three|
|seventy four|
|seventy five|
|seventy six|
|seventy seven|
|seventy eight|
|seventy nine|

|twenty nine|

492 52 80
By Namas48

That evening, she was watering the plants in their garden by a pipe while occasionally glancing at Jannat who was roaming around playfully in her baby walker. She seemed so delighted whenever she was put to the ground and allowed an opportunity to explore the world by herself. Right now, she was riding her own little vehicle and chirping happily. Unaiza smiled at her as she continued her work too.

She heard from Aqia that Huzaifa agreed to their marriage. This information made her stomach twirl with so many butterflies. Sometimes unspoken prayers got listened to by Allah Almighty as well and that happened in her case.

After a mutual decision by elders, it was decided that their wedding would occur after fifteen days. Tashfeen wasn't in favor of any delay because he indeed had put a stone on his heart by accepting Huzaifa again. But that was for the betterment of Unaiza and his wife. He along with Aqia and Haider didn't want Huzaifa to change his mind. Such a chance would never come back.

But who knew Unaiza was in the same boat as them?

Her little crush was finally coming to reality and apart from the respect of the family, her love itself was one of the reasons as well that why she said yes to Haider for Huzaifa. 

She sensed someone tugging the border of her dupatta and she knew who it must be even without looking away.

"Yes, Jannat?" She asked, gently, turning around and staring at Jannat's curious face.

She had done this countless times before. Going over every corner of the garden and then coming back to Unaiza to check what she was doing. Her main focus of attention was that pipe and water coming out of it in Unaiza's hand.

She jutted out her chubby arms up, wanting to grab the pipe in her hand. Unaiza instead took her small hand and kissed it. "Kids don't touch water, Jannat. You will get sick."

The baby wrinkled her nose and then screeched to start a cry when she didn't get what she wanted.

"Allah, Jannat. Who cries like that?" Unaiza dropped the pipe on the ground and crouched down before her walker. She picked up a toy from the garden table and pushed it in front of Jannat's eyes.

The baby's brown eyes twitched and she stopped crying looking at her favorite red stuffed doll before taking it from Unaiza's hand. She flashed a smile and then the poor doll's right arm was in Jannat's mouth as she started gnawing on it.

Unaiza shook her head at this adorable sight. The kids were so much blessed. They didn't have to worry about anything. They got happy with even smaller things.

Jannat soon became lost in her play and doll and again moved her walker in the other direction. Unaiza again held the pipe in her hand and started watering the plants.

She was busy in her work when she heard the sound of the engine of a car. Realizing who it was, her heart thumped heavily against her chest. She closed the tap and folded the pipe at the corner before looking at the garage where Haider's car came to a halt.

Moments later, Huzaifa came out of the passenger's seat followed by Haider from the driving seat. His gaze roamed around before settling on her. Their eyes met and Unaiza felt like her heart forgot how to beat. How many days had passed since she hadn't seen him in person? He seemed quite different than what he was a year ago. Perhaps he had gotten more manly and stunning.

She hoped that her cheeks would not have gotten the blush or else she would be doomed in front of Huzaifa. Ever since she heard that she was going to be his wife, her reactions became raw and transparent.

Huzaifa kept on looking at her with that unreadable expression which made her more shy and she lowered her gaze to the green grass. She always masked her feelings for him but now as their status changed, she didn't know how to hide her craziness for him and the signs of his effect on her.

"Pa...pa...Papa..Pa."

She came out of her thoughts when she heard Jannat cheering with happiness as soon as she caught the sight of her father. Haider ordered the guard to take out Huzaifa's suitcase from the car before he reached over to his daughter who was looking for any way to come out of this walker and jump into her father's arms.

After Aqia talked to him about the proposal, he decided to come back to the house. He didn't expect that his return would happen in such circumstances where he needed to see Unaiza from another lens. She always remained very insignificant to him. He mostly used her to have his tasks done. In childhood, it included playing around.

Sometimes he thought of her as a tongueless pet. She listened to whatever he said and didn't oppose him. She considered his word as a final verdict. But of course, she was a family member and he considered her one. His mother had asked him to take care of Unaiza when she started living with them because they were of the same age group hence he stood up for her in her difficult times as well.

But now as he knew she was his possible wife, he didn't know what to do and how to react. The girl he never gave any second thought about, was becoming a part of his life. Irony was at its peak.

He again regarded her.

She hadn't changed much since he last saw her. The big glasses were making half of her face hidden by it. Her hair was delicately tied in a simple braid, her skin tone was more towards wheatish and a bit rough because she never got an urge to care about it. And then wearing those loose and clothes bigger than her size did the rest of the work.

He never found her this ordinary as of now. The Glasses would he Huzaifa Tashfeen Malik's wife?

Oh God, where did you trap me? He called his mother in his heart as he groaned inwardly.

Haider kissed Jannat's cheek before giving her to Huzaifa. "Go, meet Chachu."

Huzaifa grinned at Jannat before lifting her in his arms. It was fun with Nisha's kids but the peace he got with Jannat was beyond any words. Perhaps the attraction of blood played a role here as she was his brother's daughter.

"Hi Paradise, I can't believe that you have gotten so big. You were just this small when I left," he murmured, attaching his index finger and thumb to convey his words.

Jannat first stared at him with big doe eyes before her face twitched and she started crying.

Huzaifa sighed. "Maybe you forgot me, Paradise. I am your Chachu."

Haider took Jannat back from him. "She will get better over time...Go to your room and get freshened up. And yes, Dad will be inside. So act nicely. Don't create any mess. I am at least in no way in the mood of hearing any debate now."

Huzaifa chuckled. "Can I say something to Mr. Tashfeen? Besides, I came back just for my mother and you all. Other random people don't carry any importance for me."

Unaiza swallowed thickly at this. Why did it seem like he meant her by these random people?

Haider glared at him. "Huzaifa, for heaven's sake. Behave yourself."

"You and Mom just keep on giving me lectures. Mr. Tashfeen just gives orders and he got them abided by everyone," Huzaifa asserted, rolling his eyes.

Haider scowled at him. "Huzaifa!"

"AssalamoAlaikum Haider Bhai," Unaiza greeted him by coming forward. "Hi, Huzaifa."

Haider smiled. "Walaikum Assalam, Gurya. Can you take Jannat inside? It's getting cold here."

"Hello Glasses. Oh..we both are sailing in the same boat because of your Tashfeen Papa. Right?" He laughed slightly earning a hard look by Haider.

Unaiza's cheeks reddened before she walked near to Haider. "Of course, Haider Bhai." she took Jannat from him and strolled inside.

She knew Haider would be giving Huzaifa another lecture before finally bringing him inside.

               ____________________

Maybe Huzaifa had listened to Haider for the time being and didn't do anything questionable when he first saw his father sitting in the lounge with his mother. Tashfeen shot him a stern look but both were ignoring each other.

"Huzaifa..." Aqia's eyes brimmed with tears at his sight. She kissed his forehead and took her time absorbing the happy news that her son was back by hugging him. "I am so glad to see you back."

"That makes the two of us Mom. After all, my only reason to come here is you," he reasoned while relishing how Tashfeen stifled a frustrating exhale.

"I know, meri jaan. You have saved your mother from dying by respecting my wish," she told him, still cupping his face between her palms.

"Don't say such things, Mom. How many times did I tell you? I can sacrifice my life for you. Bearing to come back to this house after everything is nothing," he asserted, getting hurt by her words.

Tashfeen scoffed and stood up from the sofa. "Aqia, when this drama ends, ask someone to send the tea to my room."

He left for his room after that. Huzaifa pecked Aqia's head as he saw his father going.

"Mr. Tashfeen hasn't changed a bit," he commented, amusedly.

Aqia hit his taut and muscular chest. "Don't, Huzaifa."

"Go and rest a bit. I have got prepared the meal of your liking. We will have the dinner together," Aqia persuaded him.

He nodded and left for upstairs where his room was located.

He didn't know that his game would be such fun to play in the future.

                 ____________________

The next day, Unaiza was made to sit in Mayun. In a simple yellow long shirt and trousers with a yellow-brown dupatta over her head, she was looking way more unattractive to herself. She never liked yellow on herself because it made her already wheatish skin tone more dull. She never got this feeling when she was engaged to Sarim. He wasn't also that handsome maybe that's why. They suited each other as far as looks were concerned so she didn't feel dejected by her looks that much. But now as her groom was this drop-dead gorgeous with a sturdy body and height of six feet and two inches, she felt totally unmatched and ordinary in front of him.

She looked at herself in the mirror. With those big glasses on her eyes and no makeup, she knew her luck had been very favorable for her.

That was the night time and she was supposed to remain in the same attire till her wedding day. Many things were towering in her mind. What if Huzaifa would say no time? What would she do then? She came out of her thoughts when her door slightly knocked before the knob twisted and someone pushed the door ahead.

Unaiza's jaw dropped finding Huzaifa there. His gaze scanned her briefly before he shut the door behind him

What was he doing here?

               ___________________

AssalamoAlaikum/ Hi everyone!

Here's a new chapter.

How is it?

Why do you think Huzaifa came to Unaiza's room?

Will their marriage occur?

What do you think will happen next?

Feedback?

Plz vote and comment ❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

750K 42.9K 34
❝ She has always dreamed of having that perfect 'home' but then found 'him' instead ❞ A home is something that she has always dreamt of, where she'd...
254K 11.7K 58
Monsters don't hide under the bed anymore....atleast her's didn't. He sleeps with her, beside her, in her bed. They do not have horns and fangs anymo...
399K 27K 53
"Say it." He whispered, stepping closer to me. "I love you too." I finally admitted, my cheeks flushing dark in embarrassment. I couldn't believe I j...
750K 8K 11
"From today I own you completely" She looked at him in confusion. His eyes were looking so intense. "From today I'm caging you completely in my life...