One Night Changed Everything...

By NeenaDiHope

A Wangxian Modern AU πŸ”ž In the virtual realms of online creativity, Wuxi (Wei Wuxian) thrives as a recently s... More

Author's Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
43
44
Author's Update
45
46
47
48
Author's Update

42

199 27 18
By NeenaDiHope

Friends and family come to see AMei, they all bring her gifts, and coo at her when she is awake letting her know that she is loved. A little after noon they have food brought in they all eat and talk about different topics until Wangji's phone rings, he excuses himself and steps out of the room.

"Hello?"

"Sir all of their stories check out, the only one with a CCTV feed close to their home was the single woman. The camera shows a dark figure around three a.m. breaking into her car. They look to be professional since they didn't trigger her alarm for more than a few seconds before it shuts off. It wouldn't have sounded long enough to alert anyone of the break-in. They were in and out of the car in less than two minutes then left on foot, we tried to follow through other CCTV feeds but from one feed to the next they disappeared about two blocks from her home." His man explains.

Wangji stands there for a moment "Notify them that they can keep the money but if they are contacted again for any reason I want to be informed immediately. The first two were just desperate to take care of their families and I can't punish the last one without punishing them all. Take care of the hospital bill for the child so that she is unburdened by it and can give her son a better life. Do we know where the father of the child is?"

"She is a widow, he died three years ago in a car accident and left nothing for his family. The child was two when the husband died and they have no other family, sir." His man says.

Wangji thinks for a minute "Get the card number and triple the amount she was given."

"Yes sir, anything else?" the disembodied voice asks.

"No that will be all, thank you." He hangs up and walks back into the room with his family and smiles at his daughter who holds her hands out for him.

Not wanting to cause her pain he walks over and lays down with her "Hello my little princess, want to lay down with Daddy?"

She nods "Lay with Daddy."

He gently moves her over a little and cuddles her, she pats him as if soothing him which makes him smile. "Daddy AMei want tuzi."

Wuxi smiling having watched them grabs the stuffed rabbit at the foot of the bed and hands it to Wangji. "Here, this is one of her favorite stuffed animals."

Wangji takes it from him with a soft smile and turns to their daughter "Here you go sweet baby."

She smiles and grabs the rabbit and hugs it then cuddles closer to Wangji who strokes her hair and pets on her. She is still somewhat lethargic from the medication and the surgery, she has been sleeping on and off all day and when she whimpers in pain they give her a small dose of pain medication. Soon everyone has left and it is just Wangji, Wuxi and AMei in the room, both of the men are lying on either side of their daughter watching her sleep.

Wangji looks at Wuxi and whispers "I need to go home soon so I can be there for our sons. I will be back early in the morning with a change of clothes for you and your toiletries so that you can get ready for the presser."

Wuxi nods "Thank you for just jumping right in and taking the lead for our little family. It makes me question how I ever did this without you. You have been such a huge help in dealing with these crazy issues while I have been able to concentrate on our baby's health."

Wangji leans over and kisses his forehead "It's my pleasure, I am ecstatic that all of you have so readily accepted me as part of this family and let me be a part of your lives."

He gets out of bed and walks around so that he is on the side where Wuxi is lying, he leans down and kisses his lips softly a few times before standing up and running the back of his fingers down his cheek causing Wuxi to close his eyes savoring the feel of Wangji's touch.

"Get some sleep baobei and I will see you in the morning." He gazes lovingly at his fiancé.

Wuxi hums "Mn" and watches Wangji walk out the door, he cuddles their daughter and whispers "How did we get so lucky baby? That man is pulling hard at my heartstrings and wrapping them around his fingers and I'm not even mad about it, I'm quite happy actually. I believe we will be a happy family just the five of us and maybe one day six or seven, who knows?" he smiles gently thinking about giving his children another sibling then relaxes as he cuddles his baby closer to him and sleeps deeply.

The hospital director has arranged for the press conference to be held outside near one of the gardens. There is a podium with a microphone for them to speak to the media. They walk out the side door of the garden Wuxi is carrying ATian, Wangji is carrying AYuan and they are holding hands as they walk to the podium. They agreed to let Wuxi speak first and Wangji would step in if there were questions he needed to answer.

Wuxi steps up to the microphone "Thank you all for coming, I would first like to address the babies' social media accounts. They have not, nor have they ever been hacked, all of the information we share on there is approved by me personally. I would like to clarify that the man next to me is Lan Wangji my fiancé and the biological father of our children. All other claims are false, furthermore, I have not been in any type of romantic relationship since before I found out I was pregnant with the triplets and it is only just recently that I was reunited with Mr. Lan and agreed to marry him and raise our children together."

"Mr. Lan aren't you the second heir to the Lan fortune?" a reporter asks.

He nods "I am and our children are my heirs, we will be adding them to the family registry in the next day or so, we want our daughter to be at home and out of the hospital before we add them."

From the back of the crowd a hand shoots up with papers in hand "Wei Wuxian why are you lying, I have the proof right here from this very hospital dated a little more than a year ago that I am the biological father of the triplets." Bai Zhi says as he walks slowly through the crowd of reporters. He stops in front of the podium.

"I know you are mad at me but this is not the way to handle it, we can work this out. You don't have to do this just to get back at me, I know I was wrong."

The reports clamor "Mr. Qin, Mr. Qin what did you do to cause this rift between the two of you?"

He looks sad and says "I have been having an affair with his twin sister for several years and he just recently found out about it."

Wuxi's face shows full-on surprise at what Bai Zhi just said he looks at Wangji and shakes his head "It's not true, I haven't been with him since the night of the party I swear."

Wangji wraps his arm around him and hugs him close "I know, don't worry baobei we will get to the bottom of this."

Another reporter looks at the couple at the podium "Mr. Wei is this true, is this just about Mr. Qin's infidelity that is causing all of this?"

Wuxi shakes his head "I can assure you I have no idea what he is talking about. I have not been together with Mr. Qin since February twenty-third nearly four years ago."

He holds up the paternity test done recently "This is a paternity test ordered by me the day my daughter was admitted into the hospital, the staff took samples from both my daughter and Mr. Lan in front of me and my security detail witnessed the testing being done to its compilation until the results were handed to Mr. Lan. This and one other are the only authorized paternity tests that have been done on my children, the Lan family did the other for their family records. I do not know where Mr. Qin got this false paperwork but I did not authorize it nor has he had access to my children to gain samples for testing."

Bai Zhi looks imploringly at Wuxi "Please don't do this to our family Wuxi, we can work this out. I know I made a huge mistake but please don't give our family to someone else simply because you are mad at me. Don't take our babies away from me, I swear I will make it up to you, you have my word. I will never see your sister again, I have already broken it off with her."

He cries and drops to his knees "Please don't take my children away from me, I can't live without them, I need them and they need me."

From the back of the crowd, an elderly voice snaps "What a load of poppycock!"

The head of the Lan family walks briskly with his cane to the front of the group of reporters with another man trailing behind him. He looks with disdain at Bai Zhi "Get up and stop making a fool of yourself!"

He walks up to the podium "Wangji step aside for a moment boy I have something to say." He winks at Wuxi and Wangji guides him a few steps away from the podium.

"I am Lan Ching Yao, head of the Lan family and with me today is Dr. Sang Ri, I'm sure you all know who he is." He pauses.

One of the reporters calls out "Isn't he the country's leading expert on DNA and genome sequencing and mapping?"

The elder Lan nods "That is correct, I had him do the paternity test personally for our family records. Dr. Sang Ri if you please." He motions for the Dr. to take the podium.

Dr. Sang Ri steps to the microphone "I have taken the samples from Mr. Lan Wangji as well as Wei Yuan Bo and Wei Tian Li and I personally did the mapping for the gene sequencing myself to verify paternity, Mr. Lan Wangji is absolutely the father of the two boys, so it is with confidence that I can say he is the biological father for all three Wei children. I don't know where this man got his papers from but I can emphatically say that they are fake."

Bai Zhi's face pales as the doctor speaks and begins to make his way away from the media. He almost makes it out of the area but they all turn to him when Dr. Sang Ri points to him and they notice he is trying to get away. Some of them pursue him as he runs away from the media chasing after him asking questions in rapid fire.

The elder Lan takes the podium again "This charlatan is trying to disparage the good name of the Lan family and my future grandson-in-law. He is clearly trying to gain something from our family, but he will not succeed."

The elder Lan steps away from the podium and motions for Wangji and Wuxi to step back to the microphone "As you can see everything I have said here today is the absolute truth, I ask that all of you please think about the harm you can cause before you speak of topics and issues without proper information or proof. My social media manager is Luo Mianmian, I will make sure that she goes live on our babies' social platforms so that you can all see who she is. Suppose there are issues in the future and I nor my husband are available, in that case, she will go live to verify and correct any misleading or erroneous information that is being given on our behalf."

Reporters start shouting questions about their personal life and why they haven't been together from the start. Wangji walks up to the microphone "We will not be giving detailed information about our personal lives at this time however I will say that it was a series of unfortunate events that led to my and my husband's separation for so long. Luckily fate was on our side and we are now together and will be announcing our wedding date soon."

"Mr. Wei did you baby trap Mr. Lan for his wealth and position?" a reporter asks.

Wuxi smiles "First of all that was incredibly rude to ask, I have been taking care of our babies alone on my inheritance from my parents and my income as an artist since before they were born. I reluctantly agreed to allow our children to become brand ambassadors when they were younger because I thought it was something I could do for their future. Our children have always been my first priority and that will never change, I have done everything to ensure that our children will have a bright and secure future. I did not account for any sort of financial help from their father during this time."

Wangji pats his back "When Wuxi and I marry he will have full access to all of my trust and inheritance not that he needs it."

Another reporter asks "What do you mean not that he needs it?"

Wuxi grins "I have my own wealth and do not need my husband's wealth to sustain me or my lifestyle. He will gain all of my wealth just as I will gain all of his when we wed. This is how a real true marriage works, we are one therefore all that we have is ours together."

One reporter scoffs "Surly your meagre wealth cannot compare with the Lan fortune."

He is about to answer when another voice comes from the side of the crowd "Actually his fortune far outpaces the Lan's fortune."

A distinguished gentleman walks forward and bows to Wangji and Wuxi "Hello AXian, I wanted to be here when AMei got out of the hospital so that I could visit with all of you, I was planning on surprising you, I however was not expecting all of this."

Wuxi chuckles "Ha me either but here we are, Lao Ye."

A reporter asks "Who are you?"

"My name is Huan Su, I am Wei Wuxian's grandfather and husband to Baoshan Sanren his maternal grandmother." Every reporter in the crowd starts talking at once. The shock can be felt throughout the entire body of media.

"You're saying that Mr. Wei is the heir to the Sanren fortune?" a reporter spouts sarcastically.

He nods smiling "Yes that is exactly what I am saying." Another ripple of awe runs through the people standing here.

"Mr. Su, where has Mrs. Sanren been all this time? No one has seen her in person for a long time." Another shout.

"My wife has been very busy running a multinational corporation, she has entrusted me to handle all of the public appearances, she will come back to the public eye when she feels she has her corporation at the level she has envisioned, until then she will continue to concentrate on growing the corporations and Wei Wuxian, his sister Jia Li and his children's inheritance." He says with the finesse of a PR expert.

"Now if you will excuse us our family would really like to spend time together and take AMei home in peace once she has been discharged. Please direct any other questions to the experts that have been put in place to field your inquiries. Thank you all so much for coming today and we look forward to posting photos and videos of the children again once AMei is healthy." He says definitively ending the presser.

They all walk back into the hospital and Wuxi turns to his grandfather "Wow that was smooth, I don't even think they realized you just ended it without actually answering their question or giving them room to ask any others." He grins at him.

Huan Su smirks "This is what I do, I deal with these types of things all the time. Come on I want to be properly introduced to everyone."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 11K 39
[Completed] After being separated by morals, by death, and at last by duties, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji find themselves with an empty space in their...
68.3K 3.2K 36
How much of the past are you willing to change? A mishap during a night hunt sends Wei Wuxian, Lan Wangji, Jiang Cheng, Lan Xichen, Nie Huaisung, and...
23.7K 1.9K 21
Xiao Zhan is a pediatrician but also a dream healer, He inherited his gift from his mother before she was killed by an obsessed admirer, Zhan's fathe...
278K 13.4K 24
This is the first sequel to Arranged Marriage - WangXian!! The summary of this story is WangXian who experienced the future vs Wen Sect. Enjoy :D Com...