Stolen Tears

By thesacredstories

The story of 4 lives intertwined with one another, each striving to find peace. Dive in their story to see th... More

Copyright
Dedication✨
Characters' Aesthetics✨
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter 3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31

Chapter-19

2.4K 191 25
By thesacredstories

Helllloww sweethearts💗
Here's the update for you all✨
Pleaseeee vote and comment kar dena nahi toh😤💕
Chalo fir bhi happy reading 💌

....................

Vihaan's pov :

Life gets messed up when your body is tired enough to just pass out anywhere but your brain refuses to stop thinking. I know I didn't ask her questions about those scars but did I really want to let it go? No.

I wanna know everything, every fraction of her life. Her likes-dislikes, her glories and even her failures. Everything. I had my eyes on her since that one video call in boarding school. One look at her and I knew she was it for me.

It wasn't love at first sight, I had a crush on her but hearing about her from Ronak everytime we talked and shared some things about our childhood made me fall more and more for her. Ronak said she was an extroverted and 'see good in all' type of kid who grew up to be the completely opposite of what she was before.

That's what I want to know, how that sunshine turned into the moonlight. I love her regardless but I need to know because I wanna love her through it all.

Those scars. My heart broke at the sight of them. The thought of her putting herself through such cruelty makes me lose my mind. So I do it again. I get up to go to her room again.

Opening the door to her room, I see her going to her balcony. She turns to look at me and I see her. Bare of any masks she puts on to conceal herself from the world. Watery eyes, tied up hair and runny nose. She immediately looks away not sparing me another glance.

Reaching her in three long strides, I hug her from behind and she gives in after some failed attempts at protests.

"Did you cut?" I ask in a low voice to which, she shakes her head in a no.
I have never felt so thankful to God about hearing a 'no' from someone in my life.

"I am fine vihaan, you can go and sleep" she says tapping my arms that are crossed around her torso.
"Just let me be here lunette" I tell her and she pulls away from the hug and sits on the floor. I settle beside her and pull her closer to me.

"Please tell me about it aakriti" I beg interlacing my hand with hers.

"It feels like I am seeking attention when I talk about it" she says turning her face away from me.
"I love giving you my attention. Don't you like my attention?" I say guiding her face towards me, making her look into my eyes.

"I do" she affirms.

"Then take it all if that's what it takes for you to tell me about it" I say gently tugging a strand of her hair behind her ear that keeps bothering her.

"I am just not strong enough to make my mind shut up so I divert it's focus to the physical pain" she says tearing her eyes off of me.

"Your eyes are giving you away love" I know she isn't telling me the complete truth. What she's saying is true but it's not the truth .

"Then maybe it's a story for another time V" she says to me with a small smile.

With that she gets up from the floor and makes her way to the casio beside her bed. My eyes stay locked at her and move with her smallest moves.

She gently tinkles the ivories creating a soft melody and sings.

Aa chal ke tujhe, mai leke chalu
Ik aise gagan ke talle
Jaha gham bhi na ho, aansu bhi na ho
Bas pyaar hi pyaar pale

Sighing as she fails to sing more than these 4 lines, she looks at me making me raise my eyebrows in question.

"I know a place, let's sneak out" she suggests and I agree in hopes to talk to her and maybe then she'll tell me.

Grabbing her bike keys from the nightstand, we get out of her room and close the door. We ensure that we don't make even the slightest sound while walking down the stairs.

She carefully opens the main gate and I get out first. She comes out right after and we close the gate as slowly and carefully we could so that nobody wakes up.

Heading towards the garage, she punches her card and it opens. She grabs two helmets and hands them over to me.

"I'll drag it to a little distance from the house so that nobody hears the noise when I bring the engine to life" she whispers to me and I nod.

She drags it to a significant distance where nobody at home could hear the noise. She motions for me to hop on. Putting on my helmet, I settle behind her and she brings the engine to life.

We surely do have some guts to sneak out at 3:30 in the morning at the day of her brother's wedding but it's worth it. There's no chaos, the roads are empty, it's dark and most importantly her and I are together.

"Why are we heading to the railway station?" I ask her on seeing the familiar roads.
"To run away" she replies, increasing the speed.
"WHAT" I blurt out, not being able to hold back making her laugh at me.
"Patience vihaan patience" she says.

Patience? We snuck out and she's speeding. It's 3:30 in the morning and I don't know where we are going. How am I supposed to be patient with this again!?!?

"Here we are, get off" she says bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah railway station. Never saw it before lunette" I retort in sarcasm.

Grabbing my chin, she guides my focus to a small shop nearby. An ice cream and softie shop.

"It's almost 4 in the morning, how is this shop open?" I ask because who the hell would wake to open a softie shop and 4 in the morning.

"That's the thing, they open the softie shop at 4 am. Now shall we?" She says tapping my right shoulder.

Aakriti's pov :

Talking to vihaan is easy, you can possibly blurt anything and everything going on in your head. But that's the thing, everything.

I don't want him to fall for me out of pity and sympathy. Those feelings can turn into real feelings but you never know the difference between them. You can't sense if someone fell for you out of pity, reason being that you would be undeniably close and emotionally dependent on each other in both real and sympathetic feelings. So being in a vulnerable state of my while someone falls only for your vulnerable self will leave you with nothing in the end.

"Uncle do softie, ek strawberry aur ek chocolate" his voice brings me out of my thoughts.

Getting our softies, we walk around on the quiet roads.

"How did you know about this place? Even ronak hasn't told me anything about this" he asks.

"Mom and dad often liked walking around the city and come here. So when I was born, they used to bring me here and then I started coming here often when I didn't feel like staying home." I manage to tell him, barely managing to hold back a sob.

"I declare this as our place now, somebody has to carry the legacy right?" He says smiling ear to ear.

"Yep, now come on eat the rest on the ride home." I tell him, throwing the tissue in the dustbin.

We settle on my bike and leave for home.

"I'll speed a bit okay? We need to reach home before anyone wakes up" I tell him while he just hums in response.

"You did great" he says out of nowhere.
"I did great at what?" I question still trying to comprehend what he meant by that.

"You did great at changing the topic smoothly and trying to make me forget what I came to talk to you about. You might be twice as smart as me in academics aakriti but you can't always make the topic slide. It's okay, I'll give you the time you want but I am definitely not leaving you alone until then." He says making me question if I really wanted to make the topic slide or have I been doing it since forever?

He gently clings onto me, not dropping his whole weight on me but just a small hug from behind. We stay like that for the rest of the ride not uttering a single word. Not because we couldn't but because we didn't need to.

Now I know what he meant by "I'll give you the time you want but I am definitely not leaving you alone until then." He is silently there but the silence is loud enough for me to hear. To know that he might be silent but he isn't mute. To know that he's here, to know that he might not say a word but his actions would do more than the needful.

A man who acts and still stays silent when that's what the situation requires.

I think I am falling for this man.

Reaching home, I park my bike in the garage and we both head inside with utmost care and sneakiness making sure that nobody's awake.

We see that nobody's awake yet and let out a sigh of relief. That's when tuffy comes running towards me and I immediately bring my finger to my lips gesturing for him to not make a sound to which he obeys. I pet him while vihaan stands there looking at tuffy as if he's planning on how to kidnap him.

"This is where we part ways" I whisper to him.
"Try to catch some sleep lunette" he whispers back and we part ways to go to our respective rooms.

I open the door to my room and find nikhil sitting there. Guess the night isn't over just yet.

"You are back" he says, gesturing for me to sit beside him.
"Have this" He hands me a plate full of fruits.

"Aren't you going to ask where I was?" I question.
"The softie shop aakriti. You might be wondering how I know. Remember when I decided to change my section in 7th grade even before you told me what was going on, I saw you so many times at that softie shop trying so hard to not cry." He says. Wow so two people know about my hideaway place now.

"I don't feel like eating right now" I say, giving him the plate of fruits back.

"That's some A grade bullshit. It's the wedding day today and everyone's going to be super busy to even notice if you ate something or not, great plan riti. Too bad it won't work on me." He says and force feeds me some apple.

"I want to eat the orange at last" I say earning a glare from him.
"You think I am dumb?" He glares at me.

"What will make you leave?" I say in annoyance.

"Finish this and I shall leave" he says imitating a genie's actions making me scoff at his antics.

"It's about to be 5 in the morning in 10-15 minutes, we can work out together" he says. Didn't he just say that he will leave after I finish this.

Lawda sala.

"You said you'll leave after I finish this" I whine.
"Too bad riti, I am a clingy little nuisance in your life" he laughs, ruffling my hair.

This guy, my best friend. Nik and I have been friends since childhood and I am glad we are still friends. I don't know how I would have survived without this dipshit. Galeech hai par loyal dost toh hai ye kutta.

I must have saved a ton of people in my last life to have these people in my life but I am so thankful I have them in my life. I might not be that good at expressing but I cherish them more than anyone in this world.

......................

Kaisa laga chapter? Jaldi se comment karke bta do🗣️

Also if there are any grammatical errors, kindly ignore as English isn't our first language.

Please don't forget to vote and comment💝🤧

Love y'all,
Tulip🌷

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 7.5K 19
At first we were inseparable. Then we became distant. And now we're just memories. Based on the movie Love & Basketball (DONT STEAL MY WORK)
12.1K 735 10
Some get love... Some won't... Sometimes love heals... Sometimes love breaks... Some love stories have a happy ending... Some won't... Some love stor...
161K 2.3K 16
"Are you alright?" "I'm fine." "You don't look fine." "Then stop looking." Her best friends older brother helps her when she deals with a heartbrea...
52K 4.4K 34
She's the sunshine to his dark He's the calm to her storm He was the therepy that healed her wounded heart She was the last piece that completed t...