THE DEVIL WORKS HARD (Kookjin)

By Leahs_archive

Seokjin, is the sole heir apparent to the enormous fortunes his late grandparents left behind. But unfortunat... More

Welcome!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42

Chapter 43

967 139 36
By Leahs_archive

"Do you feel any better?" Jungkook asks, a question directed at the sullen looking boy seated besides him on the couch with his legs crossed and his eyes glued to fireplace. He'd been that way since Jimin & Namjoon left the house earlier, only nodding at every question without saying a word.

Jungkook sighs deeply in an attempt to move closer, but he's quickly stopped by a hand firmly pressed against his chest to ward him off "Seokjin can you please say something? I'm trying my best here, why are you avoiding me?" He questions, looking both confused and exasperated.

"I'm—I'm not avoiding you" Seokjin manages to respond, not sparing the man any glance as he did.

"Oh really? You really think you're not avoiding me? You've been this way since earlier, barely saying a word to me and now even telling me off. Are you mad at me or what? Did something else happen in my absence? Can you please just talk__"

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not avoiding you?!" Seokjin says, yelling at the top of his lungs this time. Both of his eyes growing redder by the second.

For a few minutes after the sudden outburst, only the faint crackling made by the burning wood coming from the fireplace could be heard through out the entire mansion, besides the sniffling of the boy who was now crying.

Concerned but still confused, Jungkook did the only thing he thought was best at the moment and that was giving the boy some space, because he clearly looked like he needed it. Hence why he gently stood to his feet and began walking away, but before he could make it to the exit of the living room, he stops and turns around to face Seokjin whose back was turned to him.

"Everything that I've done, I've done for you. I admit to being selfish at the beginning because I only needed this job for the money and also to help savage what was left of my strenuous relationship with my daughter. I had not the slightest intention to come into your world and be so involved in your life to the point of genuinely wanting to help you, neither did I think I'd come to be so attracted to you and even fall for you, because you were such an insufferable and spoil little brat from the onset. Come to think of it, you still very much are but you've just become a lot more tolerable because I like you and I find every single thing you do to be very cute.

I will excuse this weird behavior of yours tonight solely because I'm choosing to understand how you feel even though I absolutely do not. So you take as much time as you need to piece whatever thoughts you've got together and come back to your senses before I make you. For once, I need you to take responsibility for hurting me because I'm human too Seokjin and I have feelings, feelings that you constantly choose to trample on without any remorse" With that, Jungkook turned on his heels and quietly walked away.

Turning on the kitchen faucet, he leaned downward and splashed a generous amount of water on his face, breathing so heavily as he did. As much as he didn't want to scold Seokjin, he just had to do so to make the boy realize a few things, one of those things being his own feelings that are just as valid as Seokjin's and deserved to be acknowledged as well. He went out of his way to protect him, to help him, the least he expected in return was an appreciation not to be pushed away like some unwanted criminal.

Although Jungkook doubted his little method would work, but the deed had already been done. So now all he could do was hope for the best or the worst, but for his own sake he genuinely hoped for the best.

The soft footsteps behind him already caught up to him before he could turn around, so he just gave up and allowed the very familiar pair of slender arms wrap around his waist from behind, making him let out a long sigh of relief.

Seokjin remained in the same position for a long time, his face pressed against the man's muscular back with his arms tightly wrapped around his waist. His breathing was heavy and labored, it was much expected considering how he'd ran around the mansion looking for his caregiver before eventually spotting him at the far end of the kitchen.

"I didn't mean to hurt your feelings" he whispers, his voice bouncing off the man's back but thankfully still making it to his ears.

Clearing his throat, Jungkook says "What was that? Say it a bit louder I could barely hear you" he lied through his teeth.

Smearing the content running down his nose on the man's shirt without a care in the world, Seokjin sniffles yet again before saying "I said I'm sorry, I'm sorry for pushing you away, I didn't mean to"

This time, Jungkook did eventually manage to turn around, careful not to detangle the boys arms from around his waist, before taking a very good look at his face. His puffy eyes and long pout were a clear indicator that he'd been crying himself silly while searching all around for him.

Cupping both of Seokjin's cheeks just so they were almost smudged together, he proceeds to interrogate the boy. "I'm not accepting your apology, atleast not until you tell me the exact reason why you were acting out earlier"

"I did—didn't m—mean to" Seokjin stutters, eyes fixed on the man from behind his long wet lashes.

"Still doesn't answer my question" Jungkook probs even further. "Tell me the exact reason, Seokjin"

"It's bec—because I feel horrible about everything"

With the way his brows contorted together in the middle, you could easily just tell Jungkook was very confused. But he continued his interrogation anyways. "You feel horrible? About what? Minshik is behind bars now, you brought the man who once made your life a living hell to book! Once the authorities follow up on all the leads they've got including the help of your journal, they could help rescue even more harmless children that may still be stuck in that facility for heaven knows how long. Can't you see Seokjin? You're a fucking hero, you're giving those other kids an opportunity to live, you're giving them a chance to life that you never got for yourself. Now tell me why you would feel horrible about any of this?"

"Because you're injured!" Seokjin wails, slapping Jungkook's palms off his face. "Look at this, this, and even this" he continued, pointing at all of the wounds scattered over the man's face and some part of his neck. "It's all because of me, you're in so much pain because of me aren't you? What do I say happened to you when Dali asks? I should never have allowed you get into a fight, it's all my fault!"

To say Jungkook was surprised would be a literal understatement, he was stunned! way too stunned to speak. Hence why he left his mouth hanging open for what seemed like forever.

"Wait, let me get this straight, you're like this because I got injured? Like that's the problem?"

Frowning as if mad at his caregiver for making light of the serious situation, Seokjin nodded.

"You are joking" Jungkook says, giggling in between as if he couldn't believe his eyes & ears.

"I'm not, this is nothing to laugh about, I'm being serious here" Seokjin argued, demanding to be taken a tad bit seriously because the matter was not one to laugh about

"I'm sorry_" Jungkook apologizes before bursting into yet another series of broken laughter.

Angrily stepping away from the man, Seokjin glared at him, already feeling so agitated. "Can you stop laughing? What even is so funny?"

"You are honestly so cute, I mean it!"

"What does me being cute have to with any of this?" Seokjin demanded, stomping his feet against the ground in the process

"Because you are" Jungkook teases even more, now closing the gap between their bodies.

"Ugh! But I'm being serious here Jungkook, I do nothing but cry about every unfortunate situation in my life while you constantly go out of your way time after time to help me. The least I could do is try protecting you from getting hurt, but yet I still can't do something as simple as that. Do you know how horrible it makes me feel? It makes me feel so useless seeing you in pain caused solely because of me__"

"Hey, hey," Jungkook interrupts almost immediately, pulling Seokjin into one of those hugs that feel so genuine and reassuring, gently stroking the back of his head to induce calm in the boy.

Eventually pulling away after a few minutes, he cups the boys face yet again, intending to maintain eye contact with him. "Now you listen to me, first of all, you're not useless okay? You've never been and you will never be, so don't you ever say such a thing again understood?"

Not a single sound made it out of Seokjin's mouth, but he found himself nodding frivolously like an obedient kid.

"Then as for me, I'm fine, I promise you I've never been better. These wounds mean nothing as long as we were able to make that monster pay for all of his crimes, my only regret though is not having punched him a whole lot more before the authorities got involved. That's it, that's my only regret. I don't mind doing anything for you Seokjin, you've been through so much and I only want you to become happy with life and everything around you including me"

For the millionth time as expected, Seokjin burst out crying, murmuring different words inbetween his sobs. Although Jungkook could barely make out most of the words, but he was able to make out a few "thank yous" & "what would I do without yous"

"Does it hurt?" He question inbetween his tears, reaching out to cup his care givers face this time were he then proceeded to run his crocked fingers over each wound as gently as he could.

With a smile that stretched out far towards his tired eyes, Jungkook shook his head "not anymore, I feel so much better now with you closer to me"

"Come with me" Seokjin says abruptly, grabbing hold of Jungkook's wrist and marching them out of the kitchen.

"To where?" Jungkook questions, perplexed.

"To get the first aid kit, we should apply ointment to some areas at least"

"I should probably take a shower first Seokjin, it's been a very long day and I'm too tired to sit through any wound dressing right now" Jungkook suggested, politely denying his boss's offer to help.

Abruptly halting his steps in place, Seokjin turned around and glared at the stubborn man in anger. "Are you saying no to me?"

With both of his hands instantly thrown up in the air as a sign of defeat, Jungkook manages to say "I could never! I'm just saying I should probably take a bath first. I mean look at me Seokjin, I'm filthy"

Eyeing the man from the crown of his head to the soles of his feet and right back up, Seokjin is instantly engraved in guilt at how exhausted and unkept he  actually looked. The sight made him feel so horrible all over again.

"Alright then, c'mon"

"Did you hear me? I said I needed to take a ba__"

"Bath? Yes I heard you clearly, and I said c'mon" Seokjin refuted with a deep frown. 

Craning his neck to the side, Jungkook looks at the stairs in front of  him to Seokjin's face and right back up the stairs. "Then why are we headed upstairs to your bedroom? My bedroom is right there" he says pointing to the far left of them

"That's because you're taking a bath in my bathroom tonight, and not only that, you're gonna start sleeping in my bed with me too! And that's final! If you so happen to have a problem with it, then consider yourself fired with immediate effect"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 123 1
Jimin finds 15 year old, prepubescent, awkward, aspiring photographer Jungkook's overwhelming photo collection of him. Their sweet relationship disin...
513K 33K 50
He was broken. With no plans of falling in love ever again, fate has other plans for him Journey is a JinKook/KookJin Fanfic #1 -JINKOOK (031120) #1...
19.4K 774 6
Nepenthe; something that can make you forget grief or suffering. Jungkook and Taehyung; both the sons of biggest CEO'S of Seoul. Taehyung's family wa...
834K 50.9K 64
Jungkook is working in a Real Estate company. Working hard to be on top and prove his worth. Until he met Seokjin in a very awkward situation. Turned...