Silent Love

By starkxpalmer

Moving to California is something Sophia really didn't want to do, but when she meets the son of the man he... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Feedback
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Feedback
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43

Part 19

72 11 3
By starkxpalmer

When I come back downstairs a little later, Robert is stood at the kitchen counter talking with my mom.. about what.. I have no idea, and I'm not really sure I want to know, especially if she's giving him a good lecture over me.. over us.. so I continue through to where my dad is sat on the couch.. and I join him.. slouching down beside him..

"Hey sweetheart.." he greets.. "You alright?"

"Mmm.. just a bit tired from the sun, a beach day really tires you out.."

"Well you'll need an early night tonight ready to start work tomorrow.. are you excited?"

"A little, I'm not as nervous because.. one..you're the boss.. and two.. I know someone there.. so.."

"True.. you get any problems, you come to me.. alright?"

"I will.. but I can look after myself.."

"I know, doesn't stop me worrying about you though.. does it.."

"No I guess not..why is Robert still here?" I ask, remembering that he's been here for a few hours.. since I returned from the beach.

"Is he not allowed?" He laughs, and I close my eyes in frustration.

"He's just here a lot.. that's all..wouldn't you agree?"

"Do you want me to stop inviting him for dinner?" He asks, and I'm quick to shake my head.. "He is here for work, he only comes to see me at my home office when we need to discuss the business out of hours.. it happens when we're in business together.."

"I know but it's like alllllll the time.." I groan.. just as my mom and Robert come through the doorway.. Robert has that stupid, beautiful smile across his face.. "What you smirking at?"

"Sophia! Don't be so rude to our guest.." my dad shouts at me..

"Sorry.." I smirk, moving away so my mom can sit next to my dad.. I take the chair opposite them, and Robert takes the chair next to me..

"This is nice isn't it.. the four of us together.." my mom smiles as me, and then over to Robert.. I know what she's trying to do, but it isn't going to work.. yet.

"I guess.." I shrug, pulling out my phone to ignore their conversation.. rude maybe, but I'm not in the mood for talking.. I can feel Robert's eyes on me, every few moments when my mom and dad look away.. I can tell he's wanting to say something.. but ignore it.. it's hard.. but I do manage to keep my focus on my group chat with my friends..

"Who's got you all smiley?" I hear Robert ask, and as I glance up there's only the two of us left in the room.. "Is it him?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You..on your phone.. ignoring everything we've just said..don't you think that's just rude?!"

"Was it interesting?" I simply ask, not really caring that he thinks it's rude.

"What?"

"Whatever it was you were talking about.. was it interesting?"

"Well.." he tries, but I know that he's trying to think of something to say, he doesn't actually mean it.

"Exactly.." I sigh.. "So if it's any of your business, which I don't think it is.. I'd much rather be having a nice chat with my friends from home..
that I miss very much.."

"Okay.." he holds his hands up.. "Calm down princess.." he smirks.. and that just makes me even more annoyed. He's not winning me over talking like this.

"You wish.." I scoff, before standing up.. "Isn't it time you went to your own home?!"

"Um.." he looks up at me as I make my way to the door.. clearly at a loss as to why I'm leaving him on his own.. "Where you going?"

"You question my every move at the moment don't you?"

"I just thought..we could enjoy some time on our own.."

"Well you thought wrong.." I sigh.. "You know I wish things were different between us.. I really do but I can't get the thought of you two in that hotel room.. when I was on my own.. if you had any idea.."

"But I do.." he cuts me off, as he rushes over to me.. pulling me back into the room, his hands tightly holding mine.. "I do know how much it hurt you, I just need you to forgive me.."

"How can I when you haven't even told me why you done it?!"

"I didn't know you cared for me that way!!" His voice raising a little.. "I thought it was just sex.. I didn't know you would want me to.."

"Oh wow.. I mean.. you booked us the same hotel room, you made me your assistant so we could be together away from my parents, and you thought it was just sex?! Really?!"

"You have no idea how much I regret it.. if I could turn back time.. if I could go back to the moment you left the party.. I'd have came chasing after you.. I really would.."

"How do I know that? How do I know that the next time you see her, at the next conference meeting you won't take her back to the hotel room and bang the shit out of her?!"

"Because I love you!!" He shouts in frustration.. catching me a little off guard.. "I love you! And I just realised it a little late is all.. I'm sorry, so sorry for the way I treated you.. and I want to make it right.. tell me how I can make it right..please?"

"Robert.. that still doesn't fill me with confidence that you wouldn't just fuck someone else as soon as they look at you or someone you know already.. just because you've fucked them before.."

"I promise to you.. on my heart that I won't ever do that to you again.."

"Mmm.. I wish I could believe you.. I really do.."

"I miss you so much.. I miss the way you feel, I miss the way you used to kiss me, if I have to go and shout my love for you from the rooftops.. I will.."

"Don't be so silly.. you can't.." I laugh shaking my head but he just lifts his hand to my face to hold it  steady, his eyes scanning my face.. "Don't.."

"I love you.." he softly strokes my cheek with his thumb before he is connecting our lips for a quick kiss.. "So.. so much.." 

"I can't.." I try but he kisses me again, pushing me back towards the wall.. "Robert.. please.." I whisper against his mouth his hands fall down to my waist, holding me in position..

"I don't need you.." he admits, and I glance at him with a frown.. how can he say that!? But he's soon explaining a little further.. "I want you, I want you to be mine..I want us to be together.. I want you more than anything.."

"Really?"

"Yes! All I need.. is you to forgive me for being such an asshole and only thinking of myself.. I promise to you that I will never hurt you again.."

"I don't know if I can.."

"Just tell me what to do.. please.."

"You're sexy when you beg.. you know that?" I joke.. but he's not playing along.. he lets go of my waist and takes a step back.. running a hand through his hair, before rubbing his jaw.. "What's wrong?"

"You.." he sighs.. "You fucking drive me crazy.."

"Is that a good thing?" I tease.. pushing myself off the wall, taking a step closer to him.. my fingers playing with the buttons on his shirt, trying to get them loose to show a little bit of chest.. "I thought you liked crazy?"

"I do.. and it is a good thing.. but not when I'm trying to win you back.."

"I guess I just don't like giving in too easy.. but if you keep saying the right things then..who knows.." I wink at him before leaving a soft kiss to his neck.. "You know where to find me when you're finished down here.." I smirk as I leave him alone with his thoughts.. I quickly make my way up to my bedroom.. and I sit on my balcony with my phone.. I watch as Robert joins my parents outside in the yard beside the pool.. I can see even from this distance he's all hot and bothered as he's rolled up his sleeves and opened the top three buttons to his shirt.. getting him all worked up is one of my favourite things to do.. knowing I have this effect on him.. knowing he can't really do anything about it until I say so..

He looks up my way just the once and I can't resist smiling down at him, I know he's wanting to join me so much.. but he can't with my parents being here.. especially as my mom already knows too much.. if he randomly came up here, she wouldn't be impressed.

As it starts getting late, I decide to call it a night, I give one last look down to the three of them but they don't look back, so I go back into my bedroom and close my balcony door.. I fully expect Robert to come up to my room before I fall asleep, but he doesn't.. although his text the following morning proves he was too late again for any fun we could have been having..

you must have fallen asleep before I got the chance to say goodnight.. I came up to your room but you were out like a light..

Ps you're cute when you're asleep.. :-) 

I groan to myself when I realise he came to my bedroom when I'd fallen asleep, and he saw me like this.. in my pjs.. just the look I really wanted him to see..

I don't have too much time to think about it as my dad is calling me up to get ready to head into the office for my first day. To my surprise, he's even made me breakfast, which he never ever offers to do.. it's normally my mom..

"You ready to go?!"

"Yep!" I say.. "Does this look ok?!" I ask my mom about my outfit and she gives her full approval.. "It's not too.. dressy?"

"You look fine sweetheart, now go and enjoy your first day!" She gives me a big hug, and a kiss to my cheek.. "You'll do great.."

"Thanks mom.. I love you!"

"I love you too baby! Have fun!" I gave her a little wave as my dad and I leave her at home. We make our way into the office, and I'm greeted by a few new faces.. and then the familiar ones.. Mason in particular..he can't resist coming over to my desk once I've got settled in..

"Hello stranger!" He greets, resting his ass against my desk to my side.. "How you feeling?"

"Not bad.. I think I'll be alright here.."

"Yeah! That's good, my office is just over there.." he nods towards the little office next to the canteen.. "If you ever need my help.. you know.. my door is always open.."

"You have your own office? I thought you had a desk out here.. with me.."

"No.. IT manager.. I need my own office.."

"Oh.." I'm a little surprised..I could have sworn he said I'd have a desk next to him.. but I could be wrong..  "That's great, at least you have your own space if you need it.."

"Exactly.." he leans down a little to whisper in my ear.. "And it has windows you can't see through.. and a door that locks.." he winks at me when I glance up at him..

"Oh really? Would that be after our second date or.."

"Are you asking me if we're having a second date?!" He acts surprised with a smirk to his face..

"Maybe.. I could think about it.."

"I know.. we can go and see that new movie that's just came out at the cinema! I haven't been to the cinema for a while.."

"A cinema date? What are we.. 13?" I joke.. "Yeah, I'd love that Mason.. how about Friday night?"

"Sounds perfect to me.." he smiles, before we're being interrupted.. that same, familiar, sexy jealous voice alerting us that we've been chatting for far too long.. I glance up to see Robert standing with his hands shoved in his pockets c and unamused look across his face..

"Don't you have work to do Mason?! He asks with a sharp tone.. "Why are you pestering our new girl?!"

"Sorry Mr Downey.." Mason quickly apologies before looking back at me.. "I have to go and help the receptionist with her laptop.. I'll see you around.."

"Uh.. yeah.. sure.. and Mason.."

"Yeah?" He quickly turns back to me before leaving

"It's a date.." I say, making sure Downey can hear.. "Friday.." I nod towards him and he offers a smile back..

"Sure is.." Mason smiles, before Downey's clearing his throat, and he walks over to me, leaning down to whisper low so the other officer staff can't hear..

"I think you better come into my office.. Sophia..now.." he suggests, gesturing that I make my way down the hallway.. "After you.."

"No problem at all.. boss.. I mean.. Mr Downey, lead the way sir.." I say with a smirk, noticing the way his jaw tightens again..

oh how I do love this jealous side of him. It's going to be so much fun working with him in this way..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2M 91.4K 45
When Madison Banks moves to California with her dad after her parents divorce, she's ready for the sun, the waves, and the beach Hotties. Little did...
10.8K 568 21
A woman named Reagan, just moved to L.A. for a job offer. One day she is walking her dog in her neighborhood and her dog suddenly leads her to the ma...
14.7K 567 23
Desean Jackson FanFic. Kayla was the perfect example of what every parent wanted their daughter to be , she made straight A's in school , head cheerl...
70.5K 2.8K 30
in which, he tells her about his love life only for her to fall hopelessly in love with someone she can't have ©️kennedy 2019