Flexible Book Exchange (Open)

By Flexiblebookexchange

Welcome to the Flexible Book Exchange, a club for writers and readers looking to get feedback on their work... More

Welcome
How this works (New members must read)
Sign-up for new members/books
Club rules
Comment Guidelines
FAQ
May Stories 2024
May exchange 2024 (post requests here)
May Sign-Up 2024 (for returning members)
April Stories 2024
April Exchange 2024 (post requests here)
March Stories 2024
March exchange 2024 (post requests here)
February Stories 2024
February Exchange 2024 (request exchanges here)
January Stories 2024
January Exchange 2024 (request exchanges here)
December exchange 2023
November exchange 2023
October Exchange 2023
September Exchange 2023
August exchange 2023
July exchange 2023
June Exchange 2023
May Exchange 2023
April Exchange 2023
March Exchange 2023
February Exchange 2023
January Exchange 2023
December Exchange 2022
November exchange 2022
October Exchange 2022
September Exchange 2022
August exchange 2022
July exchange 2022
February Stories 2022
January Stories 2022
January Exchange 2022
December Stories 2021
December exchange 2021
November Stories 2021
November Exchange 2021
October Stories 2021
October Exchange 2021
September Stories 2021
September Exchange 2021
August Stories 2021
August Exchange 2021
July Stories 2021
July exchange 2021
June Stories 2021
June exchange 2021
May Stories 2021
May Exchange 2021
April Stories 2021
April Exchange 2021
March Stories 2021
March Exchange 2021
February Stories 2021
February Exchange 2021
January Exchange 2021
December Exchange 2020
November exchange 2020
October exchange 2020
September exchange 2020
August exchange 2020
July exchange 2020
June exchange 2020
May exchange 2020
April Exchange 2020
November Exchange
October exchange 2019

April Sign-up 2024 (for retuning members)

238 7 95
By Flexiblebookexchange

Please note this chapter is for current or past participants. If you are new to the club, please use the 'Sign-up for new members/books' chapter :)

Welcome back, everyone!

An enormous thank you again to Bigfivedonaldduckfan and MarCafeWrites who have been working very hard to verify your comments this year. It's very much appreciated!

***

Notifications on Wattpad have not been working well this month. Many people are not getting notified of tags in the books, so if you plan to participate, please check your section of the FBE exchange at least once a week for new requests if you can. If you're sending a request, continue to tag the other person as you normally do, make sure you post inline in the person's INBOX section so they can easily find it, and I'll do my best to retag anyone who hasn't responded within a few days.

What I've found helps is logging out and then back in on mobile and then many of my missing notifications appear. Hopefully this glitch doesn't last to long.

If you have some time, pop over to the 'Read These Gems' book to share some love with the wonderful featured authors there for the 'Winter Gems Reading Fest'. Sadly we only have two people showing those stories some love, and one of them is me so it'd be great to see more support for them. There are prizes too (reads and story shout-outs) :) 

***

Housekeeping notes (same as last month):

Please make sure to log your exchanges after you accept them or they are accepted with the number of chapters and book titles. If you include the chapter numbers (ex: completed 3 chapters (15-17) of Book by Author) in your finished comment it saves us from having to jump around multiple chapters and search for the comments. We rely on your comments in the FBE books to find what you've read.

All Light and Fun exchanges require a minimum of 5 comments and 30+ words per chapter :)

Extensions will be a maximum of 14 days past the deadline. After that point, you'll receive a warning. You can still complete your exchange after 14 days and rejoin the club when there is space. If your exchanges go past the 14-day extension period for a second month then you will no longer be able to participate in the club.

Please note there may be case-by-case exceptions to the 14-day rule. Medical, family, and mental health emergencies will not be subject to the 14-day rule.

If you have anything to add or would like something removed from the list, just let me know :)

Congratulations to those who advanced to round 2 with their novellas in the Open Novella Contest: Bigfivedonaldduckfan (Baguette Rhymes with Dead), Hrb264 (Something Missing), JDCarvell (A Ghost Story and A Spirit's Touch), KalliopeAdair (To Melt a Frozen Heart), MarCafeWrite (Miss Otis Regrets), MiniMoxx (Midnight and Royally Second), Tatebooks16 (Love is Revenge), Tonyatwraxall (The Monster Inside Me), UC-Creates (Son of Hades) , Voyageavecmoi (Forget It). Wishing you all the best in round 2! 

Congratulations to Bigfivedonaldduckfan for being selected as a round 1 winner for the ONC with 'Baguette Rhymes with Dead'.

Congratulations to MiniMoxx (with 'Midnight') and Voyageavecmoi (with 'Forget It') for being Ambassador's picks for round 1 of the ONC. 

Congratulations to Aniviawrites for 2k+ reads on 'Against All Odds'

Congratulations to CynthiaDagnal-Myron for reaching 53k reads with "My Seoul Man".

Congratulations to High_Priestess_Elena for reaching 100 followers and 1k+ reads with 'Crimson'.

Congratulations to OhhMira for 38K views on 'Bishop'.

Congratulations to Tatebooks16  for 100 reads on 'Greedy' and ranking #1 in Romantasy with 'Roses are Red'.

Congratulations to Tonyatwraxall for 3k reads on 'Forestvale Manor'. 

Congratulations to JDCarvell for winning Fireflies bookclub short story competition 2024 with 'A Man Named Merlai'.

Congratulations to MiniMoxx for hitting 17.3k views on 'Royally Bumped',  57k on 'My Blossoming Redemption and 55k on 'Confession at the Altar'.

Congratulations to UC-Creates who won 1st place in the Sci-fi category of this year's Datura Awards with 'Super Blogger'.

Please respond by Saturday March 30th. On March 31st, new members from the waitlist will be added and I cannot guarantee there will be spots left. You can still respond after March 30th and if there are still spots I'll add you in :)

If you would like to return for April please let me know in the inline comments if:

a) You have no changes (I'll keep your form as it is) and keep your book in the same section (Light and Fun, Moderate or both)

b) You have a small change to your form (ex: update the number of chapters, feedback preference, change the section your book is listed in. Just let me know the change(s) inline, no need for a new form.).

c) You want to switch the book you have listed (please also fill out a new form in the application section or this chapter. No need to complete the quiz, just write returning member)

d) No/Not this month

To add a second book to the club, please fill out a new form in the new member/book chapter and indicate '2nd story' so I know not to remove your other listed book. Anyone who has completed a month with FBE is eligible to feature 2 books :)

If you're not participating next month, thanks for joining us. We wish you all the best and hope to see you in the future.

Thanks, everyone!

1. SnowWhite249172

2. 3mberRose

3. Dear_Sonatine *

4. 7_Blue_Roses

5. _reichii

6. High_Priestess_Elena

7. Bigfivedonaldduckfan

8. MiniMoxx

9. 0o0sbookshop

10. Aniviawrites

11. Augtwy 

12. Voyageavecmoi

13. MarCafeWrites

14. hrb264

15. CynthiaDagnal-Myron

16. OhhMira

17. Tonyatwraxall 

18. Adexpergo

19. Moonwriting1987

20. Kikipee

21. Rose_Nightshade

22. Carpathia

23. violetsadowski

24. rebecca_batteur

25. KalliopeAdair

26. Amoreodiamanti

27. LadyMaryAverman

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 329 23
[Judging ✅] [ Participant and Judge Forms ❌] I started this award to discover the hidden gems of Wattpad. If you want to get discovered by me then t...
1.6M 28.5K 200
My quotable quotes are quotable! So I`ll put notable notes with my quotable quotes to make my notes quotable! A book of inspirational quotes!
557K 30.1K 61
Revenge of the Sluts is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon purchas...
6.5K 182 19
[AU based on Season 17] Andrew tries to figure out his feelings after Meredith died. How is he supposed to grieve and how can he maybe move on at som...