One Night Changed Everything...

Bởi NeenaDiHope

A Wangxian Modern AU 🔞 In the virtual realms of online creativity, Wuxi (Wei Wuxian) thrives as a recently s... Xem Thêm

Author's Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
Author's Update
45
46
47
48
Author's Update

31

242 38 14
Bởi NeenaDiHope

The doctor walks into the room a bit later and bows "I apologize for my staff's lack of professionalism, please accept my apology. I will gladly make a statement on behalf of the family and see if we can't get these people cleared out of the hospital. We have had celebrity patients before so we have some prewritten statements that our legal team has approved, I will bring them to you and let you pick the one you feel best fits your family. In the meantime, I do have a few updates I would like to share with you."

Wuxi takes Wangji's hand and holds it tight, he nods "We understand and accept your apology, I hope the staff member was reprimanded properly. Please give us the results doctor."

He nods "They have been fired so this won't happen again, they violated the patient's right to privacy and that is not accepted at this hospital. As for Wei Mei Xiu her white blood count is still high so I want to put her on another round of antibiotics to help her body fight the infection. Her blood work shows higher than normal levels of CEA and CA nineteen-nine. This indicates that she most likely has a diseased gallbladder. I want to do an ultrasound of the area just to make sure but at this point, it is just for verification."

Wangji asks "So what needs to be done for her if her gallbladder is diseased?"

"We will have to go in and remove it surgically, this is a minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery. Basically, we will make several small incisions to remove it using a camera to guide us. However, it is still surgery so there are still some risks involved. Before we do the procedure, I will have the surgeon come in and talk with you about those risks and what will happen during surgery. We need to get her infection under control before we can go in and remove the gallbladder so she will need to stay at least another four or five days if not longer but I would plan on at least four at the minimum." He looks at Wuxi and then Wangji.

Wuxi nods and Wangji clears his throat "Do you have a date in mind for the surgery doctor, so that we can make arrangements."

He nods "Mn, if her white cell count can be brought under control in the next forty-eight to seventy-two hours, we will schedule her surgery within the next three to four days. If it takes us longer to get the infection controlled, it will push the date for the surgery out by a day or two at the most." He folds his hands in front of him and waits to see if they have any other questions.

Wuxi smiles "Thank you, doctor, we will make arrangements and if could bring those statements to us so that we can get that done as quickly as possible, as you can see my other children are here as well and I would like for them to be able to go home, I would feel safer with them there."

The doctor nods "I will be back within ten minutes with them."

Wuxi nods "Thank you, I will call a press conference so that the information will be given out wide enough to keep their fans from swarming the hospital. I am sorry for all of the hassle the hospital has had to deal with because of this."

He shakes his head "It's not a problem, next time if there is one just let us know that we have little celebrities so we can make the necessary adjustments."

Wuxi smiles embarrassed but agrees "We will hopefully not have to be back but if we are we will give ample warning."

The doctor leaves the room and a tear slips down Wuxi's cheek, he looks at his daughter and strokes her hair, Wangji wipes his tear away and strokes his back "She will be alright, once the surgery is over she will be a happy healthy little girl again. We will be there to take care of her, I am here now and I'm not going anywhere so you can lean on me if you need to."

Wuxi looks over at him, his eyes red and burning with unshed tears "I'm glad you are here, thank you for staying with me during all of this."

Wangji kisses the side of his head "It's my pleasure, now why don't you sit down and eat something, they will give AMei an I.V. but you need to eat. Come on, Li Qin brought some breakfast for everyone."

They walk over to the window sill and he takes a few fruit buns and tries to eat them, his stomach knotting as he does. Wangji pours him a juice "Here at least try to drink this, you need to keep up your strength to be here for our daughter Wuxi, come one take a few sips."

He does and it helps and allows him to eat the two buns and some fruit, afterward he sits down with his sons to play with them for a bit while the nurse hangs more I.V. bags on the I.V. pole "We are giving her intravenous nutrition for now along with her antibiotics since she will have surgery in the next few days, the doctor doesn't want her to have solid food so that her gallbladder can drain and make it easier to be removed."

They thank the nurse before she leaves the room and the doctor comes back in with about six statements. They pick the best one and the conference is held in the lobby of the hospital, the doctor gives vague information and asks that everyone please respect the family in their difficult time right now, keep the child in their hearts and minds and give her well wishes for a speedy recovery. They asked that the hospital be kept clear so that both the patients and their families staying in the hospital are not disturbed or hindered and that the Wei family appreciates everyone's concern and love shown for them at this time.

Mianmian kept monitoring their socials after the announcement and it was very well received, everyone flooded their social media to wish the little girl a speedy recovery and to show their love for the babies.

By early afternoon Li Qin was able to leave with the boys surrounded by a tight security detail and Yanli and Jiang Fengmian showed up at the hospital. They were introduced to Wangji and he was introduced to them as the babies father. They all spoke for a while and feeling confident that he had enough support around him Wangji left the hospital to meet his mother to go see his grandfather.

Wangji meets up with Carmen and they talk strategies in the car on the way to his grandfather's house. They come up with a game plan and both feel more confident as they pull into the drive. They get out and are greeted by the butler who shows them to the living room where the older man is sitting.

He looks at Mother and Son and snorts "Hm, you both finally decided to show back up after the show you put on yesterday." He looks away from them doing a very good old man pout in annoyance.

Carmen sits down and puts her crutches beside her "As you can see Ba I am on crutches, you didn't even ask how I am, if I am in pain, you are so mean."

He whips his head back at her and lowers his eyebrows frowning "You did it on purpose daughter don't lie to me, you don't want Wangji marrying that girl so you came up with this scheme to get him out of it and don't try to lie to me and say you didn't because I know you all too well."

She sighs in exasperation "Ba why would I intentionally hurt myself enough to need to stay off of my foot for a week just to get him out of an engagement? That is ridiculous, my heel slipped on the marble floor and I twisted my ankle bad enough to need crutches, I'm lucky I didn't break it."

He raises an eyebrow and glances at her bare toes and wrapped foot and ankle. "Fine but we will hold the engagement next week and be done with it."

Carmen smiles at her father "Ba before you solidify those plans we need to talk to you about something important. We have.."

He interrupts her striking his cane on the ground between his feet "There will be no more delays, it is past time he gets settled, it will happen next week."

Carmen looks at him and then sighs sadly "If you feel it is best to leave your great-grandchildren fatherless then I guess so be it, you are after all the head of our family. I just hate to see those babies go any longer without their baba." She says looking down at her hands demurely placed in her lap.

He sits up straighter "What? What babies? What are you talking about daughter? Speak clearly!" he taps his cane again.

She turns to Wangji and nods, he stands up and hands the paternity test to his grandfather. "Yiyi I found out yesterday that I have triplets, this is the paternity test proving they are mine. I won't give you the details about their conception but let's just say that both the mother and I were drugged and he got pregnant. They are twenty months old and they are beautiful Yiyi."

He takes the paperwork from him and looks at it a slight scowl on his face "How do I know that this is real? You could have faked it to get out of the engagement."

Wangji smirks at his grandfather "I don't want out of the engagement grandfather I just want to change my fiancé from Jin Su to the mother of my children."

He scowls more "What do we even know about this boy? What family does he come from? He is probably falsifying all of this to get at the Lan fortune, no I won't agree."

Carmen huffs "Goodness you are so stubborn Ba, we haven't even had a chance to answer your questions before you say no. He is the heir to the Wei fortune, he is part owner of J.W. Corporation, here is what he will be bringing to the marriage and our family if they are allowed to wed."

She hands Wei Wuxian's financials to her father, he looks over the portfolio of assets still frowning but no longer scowling. "Who are his parents, what is his family, what is his lineage?"

Carmen smirks "His parents are Wei Changze and Cangse Sanren, he takes the last name of his father but his family is Sanren and as for his lineage, he is the grandson of Baoshan Sanren."

Grandfather Lan's eyes widen "He is the grandson of Baoshan? The Baoshan?"

Carmen smiles in satisfaction "Yes, he is the grandson of the largest female-owned corporation in Asia. He is not only the heir to the Wei fortune but also the Sanren fortune which far exceeds what is in that portfolio."

Grandfather Lan's jaw drops before he looks back down at the paperwork in his hands and then back up at his daughter "This boy, tell me what kind of person he is? With this amount of wealth, I want to know what kind of person he is. I will not have a spoiled scheming child enter our family, even with his wealth and the children."

Carmen nods to Wangji "Here Yiyi see for yourself, here are some recent videos of him and our children."

He shows the older man a few videos, while Carmen shows him pictures of the house he lives in and some candid photos of him with and without the babies that she has taken over the years.

She looks at her father "Ba, he is a sweet and loving man, he is protective of those he loves and he loves with his whole heart. He is kind and generous without ever asking for anything in return. He was not treated well by the family that took them in after his parents died and the only reason why I have not retaliated against them is because it would do harm to Wuxi and his inheritance, but that Madam Yu will still feel my wrath at some point I can promise you that." A fierce look shone in her eyes.

Grandfather Lan watches the videos, sees the pictures and smiles "Wangji if they are truly yours, you have beautiful children, bring them to me so I can meet them."

Wangji nods "I will Yiyi but my daughter is in the hospital right now, that's actually how all of this came to light because I took Mother to the hospital for her ankle. Mother has actually known Wuxi and has been friends with him since the day he found out he was pregnant, the whole thing is surreal and very serendipitous in nature. She was even in the delivery room when my children were born if you can believe it."

The elder Lan looks at his daughter "Tell me"

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1.2K 82 1
Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji did find their 'happily ever after'. But who could have thought the 'ever after' bit was a lie? Big time? Some large-scal...
211K 13.9K 57
Lan Wangji is a famous bad boy; an engineering student with a love for racing and bikes. He's a charismatic, rich and cocky alpha male who makes head...
248K 14.6K 24
[YiZhan fanfiction | COMPLETED] With his good looking face, you surely will turn your head just to follow him. A King in his own castle, slaying you...
47.7K 3.6K 12
A short story! "WEI YING!!!" I shouted the moment he shrugged my hand off. I tried! I tried my best to grab him! I would never let him go! But in the...