Let's Raise The Male Lead's Y...

By Sweet_Dily

{If you like the Novel 'She Became The Devil's Stepmother Who's About To Be Killed' it's similar with a littl... More

Chapter 1: Transmigrated On My Wedding Day
Chapter 2: Elliot
Chapter 3: Embarrassment For A Bride
Chapter 4: A Sword To The Throat
Chapter 5: Be My Real Wife
Chapter 6: A Gallery With Secrets
Chapter 7: Exessive Donations
Chapter 8: Gypsinses
Chapter 9: A Kitchen Conflict
Chapter 10: No End's Rest
Chapter 11: Angel?
Chapter 12: The Sweetness Of A Loving Husband
Chapter 13: Moros Cure
Chapter 14: A Doctor's Basement
Chapter 15: Enemies With Different Greeds
Chapter 16: An Unexpected Variable
Chapter 17: Infected
Chapter 18: Stuck With The Annoying Ulisses Thanks To The Cult Who Kidnapped Us
Chapter 19: One Must Survive And The Other Will Be Dragged
Chapter 20: It Was Discovered Before You Knew It
Chapter 21: A Close Lie Of Death
Chapter 22: What Is Not Written In A Sinister Book
Chapter 23: The Close Call Of Death For Ulisses
Chapter 24: Stand Up And Not Falter
Chapter 25: The People's Hearts Stand With You
Chapter 26: All Night If I Must, You Will Rest!
Chapter 27: Bless Our Loving Souls
Chapter 28: The Master Of The Underlayer
Chapter 30: Dark Incantation
Chapter 31: The Baby's Pain

Chapter 29: A Rotten Temple Who Backfires On You

350 13 5
By Sweet_Dily

***WARNING: This chapter contains foul language and violence.

***Alright Now Continuation Of Chapter 29...

-A few minutes ago-

"We have remained loyal to the temple and the Duke the least you can do is give us an explanation why we have been detained without an explanation" (Cardinal Valentino, said)

A twenty-year-old knight with black hair and black eyes tried saying it politely but his patience was irritating when speaking to Sir Torro who was the head of the Knights team that were not letting them go.

"If you're going to keep saying that we had something to do with the Duchess and the Duke's aid kidnap without proof then we no longer want to listen to it "(Cardinal Valentino, said)

'Smirk'

Sir Torro's lips raised in amusement.

"If you think we simply came for that reason then I'm afraid you're wrong Cardinal Valentino" (Torro, said)

'Halt'

Cardinal Valention's body halted and the facial expression that he had tried to hold was breaking apart.

His angry face began to show as if he was offended making the Pope step up.

"Sir Torro I understand where the Duke is coming from but isn't it correct to let us know of all the situation? There is no way we are allowed to leave under your supervision" (Pope Frock, said)

A fifty-nine-year-old man spoke with respect.

'Frown'

Sir Torro frowned at his words.

"Everything that you say, it's hard to believe" (Torro, said)

"When I asked to bring in that priest you strictly refused as if you were purposely hiding him" (Torro, said)

"Maybe by now he escaped lying that he's been in the sacred room" (Torro, said)

A room that no one could be allowed to enter.

"We've already explained to you Sir Torro we cannot do anything about it if Archbishop Macall sent him to the sacred room until he's done, we cannot break our god's vows" (Pope Frock, said)

He continued to respond politely without any disrespect.

"..." (Torro, said)

'Close'

He closed his eyes as to think.

'This temple is so rotten, I'd assume that everyone was but the reports of their crimes came and both Pope Frock and Cardinal Valentino had committed no crime' (Torro's inner thoughts)

'Besides, as I hate to admit it both are only the few that had not betrayed still...there something to take out that priest I'm sure of it' (Torro's inner thoughts)

'Open'

'Neigh, Neigh'

Knight Torro was about to open his mouth to say something else however halted at the sound of the carriage sled and the horses coming to a halt.

'Turn'

Sir Torro, Pope Frock, Cardinal Valentino, and some good servers nearby turned to look at the first sled carriage that had arrived.

It was clear whose family it belonged to since it had the Reynolds Duchy family crest however it was a strange carriage.

Compared to the regular wheels it appeared to have a different structure that allowed it to move along with the snow.

They had heard some rumors that the Duchess had personally designed a new way of transportation but was this it?

They had unexpectedly received better crops and supplies for the temple but through a regular carriage so it seemed the new method of transportation that the Duchess had created was only for the Alpaca mountains where snow would be and since the temple was down on the town had not snowed there was no need.

Until yesterday that began to snow covering about 5 inches of snow.

So this must be it.

That must mean that the person who would get down from the carriage was no other than the Duke and the Duchess.

However contrary to their expectations, it was neither of them.

'Creak'

'Widen!'

"?!!" (Pope Frock, Cardinal Valentino, and god serving people)

"It's good to see your face again Pope Frock" (Christobal, said)

The one who had gotten off the sled carriage was ex-high priest Christobal shocking them with their presence as maid Leslie followed along greeting them.

"C-Christobal? What are you...doing here?" (Pope Frock, asked)

They were as if they had seen a ghost but Pope Frock immediately regained his focus.

Compared to how tense the atmosphere Pope Frock's demeanor had completely eased.

He seemed on guard before with Sir Torro but it was as if all that conflict he had threw it out the wind.

He sure was confused as to what ex-high priest Christobal was doing here but he sure was glad to see him.

'Nod'

'Smile'

Ex-priest Christobal nodded with a slight smile seeing that his old friend had not changed one bit.

'That name...isn't that the famous name of ex-high priest Christobal? That's him in the flesh!' (Cardinal Valentino's inner thoughts)

Even Cardinal Valention had eased up.

'Glance'

'But that crest...' (Pope Frock's inner thoughts)

"No more that I like to ask, what's your relationship with the Reynolds family?" (Pope Frock, asked)

He had glanced again at the sled carriage as if to make sure he wasn't seeing the crest wrong.

Why did Christobal get down from the Reynolds family sled carriage?

Had Christobal been there ever since he left?

He had not heard from him after he left just as if he had disappeared and now he suddenly showed up what was this?

'Close'

'Smile'

"Well you'll soon find out" (Christobal, said)

He closed his eyes slowly with a warm excited smile immediately hearing the other upcoming horses pulling the second carriage.

'Neigh, Neigh'

'?' (Pope Frock, Cardinal Valentino, and the god servants)

They turned again directing their direction towards them as they spotted Knight Carlo immediately and Ulisses mounting a horse stationing themselves as if they were guarding the second sled carriage-like formation.

This sled carriage.

It was it.

It had to be.

'Creak'

'Step down'

'Extend'

'Look gently'

The sled carriage door opened as a beautiful man wearing a thick fur coat to protect himself from the cold stepped down the carriage as now touched his shoes.

A man whose attention should have been on them first but was simply directed to someone else.

His expression was unreadable to tell if he was angry or happy.

Only the trace in his gentle eyes gave it away.

'The Duke? Who is he looking at like that? No, it couldn't be could it-' (Pope Frock's inner thoughts)

Everyone was more surprised than shocked.

Yes, the rumors had been circulating but who would have thought the Duke had actually fallen head over heels for the Duchess?

But everyone forgot to mention the exact appearance of this woman.

'Extend'

'Place'

'Shine'

'Glow'

'Shalalal'

'Blush!!'

A small gloved hand had reached out to him wearing a thick golden fur woman's fur coat.

This woman was beyond what they described, yes she had the appearance of an Angle but it was too much.

Was that even the right words to describe her?

She had such beautiful features that were enough to take the title of the most beautiful woman even Cardinal Valentino and the servers of good had become enchanted by her and the Reynolds knights were no exception.

But it wasn't just the beauty she possessed but the elegance itself.

'Open'

Her closed eyes opened slowly displaying her blue eyes that reflected confidence and assertiveness.

There was a special glow to her, a warm shin that it was hard to look away.

No...doubt started to hit them at the back of their head perhaps priest Rencornos had hired someone to kidnap her.

If she was this beautiful any man would willingly want to have her so now they had no space to speak.

'Step, Step, Step'

Walking.

'Halt'

Stop walking.

'Bow, Bow'

Immediately they bowed to greet them with utter respect.

"Grand Duke, Grand Duchess it's an honor to greet you in your presence I hope the light will continue to shine upon you" (Pope Frock, said)

He greeted them along with the others who bowed.

"..." (Damien)

Damien did not say a word he only looked at them silently before giving Sir Torro a side glance.

'Nod'

Sir Torro nodded as if he had finished the instruction.

'Open'

"There are things that you'd like to discuss but first I'd like for you to bless my wife"  (Damien, said)

"I take you to understand I won't tolerate if there's a hair that's touched" (Damien, said)

He said with an intimidating warning for those who were thinking of trying something stupid.

'...' (Pope Frock)

"Yes, I shall head Grand Duke" (Pope Frock, said)

He was aware of what that meant.

'Turn'

'Bow'

"It's a pleasure to finally greet the Duchess, I welcome you to this humble temple however the entrance requires a blessing to enter to the blessing room with your permission may I bless you?" (Pope Frock, asked)

Pope Frock approached her carefully and respectfully bowed again asking her for her blessing.

'This is Pope Frock...his demeanor says it all' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

"It is an honor to meet you, Pope Frock" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

"I would appreciate to have your blessing" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

She said calmly and politnes dumbstucking Pope Frock.

"Ah, yes Duchess then hold still for a moment please" (Pope Frock, said)

'Shine'

"~~ ~~~ ~~~" (Pope Frock, said)

'Widen'

"?!!" (Pope Frock)

'Halt'

'Intense stare'

Pope Frock recited an accient divine protection spell as his hands glowed golden landing on Han Jea/Nania's forehead and giving her the blessing however the instant he touched her he quickly felt it.

It was hard to hide his surprised confused expression but as he felt Damien's gaze he avoided it without trying to show his surprise.

'Sweat'

'Drop down'

"It's all done Duchess" (Pope Frock, said)

He said as he dropped down his hands with a sweat drop from his cheek.

"Now your entrance to the temple would be permitted till the blessing room" (Pope Frock, said)

He signaled to her and to them to enter the temple with them.

'Turn'

'Step, Step, Step'

He turned first as if to guide them but also to hide his expression.

'Was the Duke asking me to bless her when she was already-'(Pope Frock's inner thoughts)

"Ah, Duke Reynolds we've been waiting for your arrival" (Archbishop Macall, said)

But was soon interrupted by the group of traitors waiting inside the temple's main entrance with a welcoming two faces.

Unfortunately, Pope Frock and Cardinal Valentino could not seem to tell through their lying faces.

'Frown'

Damien frowned coldly at Arbicshop Macall.

He was the most rotten of them all.

'Glance'

'So it seems he returned in his own two feet...' (Arbicshop Macall's inner thoughts)

He glanced at Christobal with hostile eyes as he tried hard not to clench his jaw.

'Notice'

But there was a certain stare he had noticed.

Actually from the very start, he had noticed her.

How could such beauty go unnoticed but his anger for Christobal had his undivided attention.

Christobal wouldn't have come for no reason.

Where the hell was he all those years and why had he just shown up with them was he here to steal his palace?

He didn't like any of it at all.

"Duke, Duchess this here is Archbishop Macall and Bishop Greyson" (Pope Frock, said)

He introduced them face-to-face to the other respectable servers of gods since they had not had face-to-face with the Duke and the Duchess.

But before he could continue to introduce the others Damien's mouth had already opened.

"Have you forgotten" (Damien, said)

'Cold'

"My wife's permanent blessing is no matter to await" (Damien, said)

He stared coldly at Archbishop Macall to words that were directed to Pope Frock to step in.

Damien looked quite irritated.

Getting the clue Pope Frock stepped in.

"Ladies please help the Duchess get ready for the blessing room and direct her for the ceremony" (Pope Frock, said)

"Yes Pope Frock" (Lady god servants)

Two kady god servants stepped out with their white uniform dress and bowed at the command.

Everything naturally played out as Leslie went along with Carlo, Sir Hector, and Sir Jhones who would be guarding her protection.

'It's clear that the Duke has fallen for that illegitimate woman...that might pose a threat if that bastard Rencornos doesn't-' (Archbishop Macall's inner thoughts)

"Where is that priest?" (Damien, asked)

As soon as he waited for Han Jea/Nania to be out in the distance Damien wasted no time getting right to business as his whole demeanor got even worse just as if he was just containing himself in front of Han Jea/Nania till out of her sight.

He did not beat around the bush.

"If you are referring to priest Rencornos he is in the sacred room I'm not sure if you're aware because that seems to be the case after we told your knights a repeated of times but he may not come out unless he's done" (Archbishop Macall, said)

He quickly responded as Damien's golden angry eyes had returned to him.

He had replied with a tone of arrogance.

And Bishop Greyson only supported him.

"Duke, you're not suggesting to bring priest Rencornos are you? You're not going against the god's secluded blessing are you because even our Pope Frock wouldn't just stand by it not counting your disrespectful behavior of confining us without a proper restraining order?" (Bishop Greyson, asked)

"For a Duke that's supposed to be taking care of our people you're crossing the line and taking advantage of our sincerity what would the people say about your actions?" (High Priest Moro, asked)

'Even if he tried to say that Rencornos had done it he doesn't have any proof the only thing he's causing is for his reputation to decrease and Bishop Greyson with these fools are only adding to it. He'll look bad in everyone's eyes' (Archbishop Macall's inner thoughts)

He had only said some words to give the others the chance to begin inflicting and humiliating Damien.

"No, he just doesn't have respect-" (Priest Ynork, said)

"Enough, you must be respectful in the temple. We have not heard the Duke's words remember your places" (Pope Frock, said)

The issue was that Pope Frock was not corrupt and he was not going to let their attitude slide there was no more he could say if he was urging them and suppressing them.

'Turn'

'How can they offend the Duke in front of his face, they weren't like this before...apology is not enough to offend the protector of our lands I hope he can overlook it and give us a good explanation why he's restricted our exit other than remind in the temple' (Pope Frock's inner thoughts)

He tried to cover for their behavior so they wouldn't look bad but truly he also wanted to know the reason why they were searched and restrain them.

'Smile'

Damine's lips raised into a smile however his golden eyes were extremely ticked off to the point that they could turn into daggers.

He had no intention either hiding his hate and hostility.

He didn't even care if he disrespected the temple.

After all, they were more rotten than the actions he was about to commit.

'Swish'

'Point'

'Widen'

"Duke what are you-" (Cardinal Valentino, yelled)

In an instant, every single Reynolds Knight pointed their sword at specific temple servants who were hearing the conversation and at the ones that were in the group that were directly involved with Archbishop Macall and Bishop Greyson.

Cardinal Valentino yelled alert at Damine's disrespectful actions.

It was forbidden to point or pull out your swords inside the temple grounds unless you were to be blessed by the Knights oath so this was already a serious offense and violation of the temple but Damien shut him up with his cold glare and his words.

You see Damien was pointing directly at Archbishop Macall.

"Mind your business unless you want your neck to fly, I didn't come to waste my time I came to clean this rotten temple clean so drag that dam priest here if that's what you have to do" (Damien, said)

'Pale'

Dameins words and aura were no joke not even Cardinal Valentino who was trying to revoke him.

He felt as if he could not move it was as if he was being suffocated.

"...." (Pope Frock)

He was too going to speak up but the Duke wouldn't personally come here especially if he didn't want to associate himself with the temple the only reason he did it was for his people so if he came here looking like this it was a serious matter.

It involved Rencornos and the whole temple if he was calling it rottine.

He couldn't stand up and defend them if they had done something to anger him from behind.

It was best to clear the misunderstanding if there was one.

'Open'

"Cardinal Valentino, bring in priest Rencornos" (Pope Frock, said)

"?!" (Archbishop Macall, Bishop Greyson, and the good servers)

What the hell was this really about wasn't it just because Rencornos had kidnapped the Duchess and his aide? Just because of that where are they being pointed at?

Wasn't that too much?

Why did it feel ominous?

The problem was if Rencornos was faster doing what was told by their master or if they could play it off.

'I've overstepped...was the Duke known like that? Whatever Priest Renconros has done he's going to have to solve it before anything gets worse' (Cardinal Valention's inner thoughts)

It appeared that Rencornos had not told them about the Moros situation and they had not heard any rumors since Damien had made sure to seal it so the temple would not know.

"I will do so" (Cardinal Valentino, said)

He followed the command without complaint as he turned to go and fetch priest Rencornos followed right behind with some Reynolds knights to make sure he wouldn't try anything funny.

'Turn'

Damien turned his face to look at Archbishop Macall and the rest.

"You must enjoy yourself plunging all my wealth for your own satisfaction while infusing others for your own benefit, you claim to be followers of the gods, the only place you'll be going to is hell" (Damien, said)

"My hands are irking to slice all of your throats but for the respect of those who had stayed loyal to their faith and their people shall not witness such disgrace with a bloodied stained temple"(Damien, said)

'Pull down'

Damien pulled down his sword however his knights still were pointing at them and cornering them.

There was no room for them to escape.

Their faces became distorted, confused, and pale not comprehending what had happened only a few were starting to realize what he meant while Pope Frock stared in confusion but Ulisses who had come in later behind carried a large stack of papers in his hand approaching him and handing Pope Frock the papers so he could read while Damien continued on.

But even angrier than ever.

All those lives lost weren't going to return just for shouting but he couldn't help himself from shouting.

"Your undeserving to die here it's not where you belong your crimes of embezzlement, rape, kidnapping, gambling, killing, and conspiring alongside the dark mages are treason not even the emperor himself would vouch for you!" (Damien, yelled)

"Did you ever think how your own people would be affected by conspiring with not only the dark mages but Doctor Nevardo in covering for the creation of the Moros disease?!" (Damien, yelled)

"!!!" (Archbishop Macall, Bishop Greyson, and severs of god)

They had been wondering why Damien was making such a big deal, well they came to find out that he knew it all.

Quickly a rush of various emotions ran through their faces just like of people who had been caught.

"How can you call yourself the severs of good if you hurt your own people?! Did you think it was going to continue to go unnoticed?! Do you know how many lives you put at stake?!" (Damien, yelled)

'!!!!' (Pope Frock)

Pope Frock was hearing Damien's furious yells aligning with what was on the documented paperwork.

It was horrific and disgusting that this was happening under his hand without noticing.

Everything in his stomach boiled and mixed as if he wanted to throw up in disgust.

Not so good for a server of good to use violence but at this moment he felt the urge to do it but he held in all his anger as his hands shook holding the documents and clenched his jaw.

He could feel it that the Duke no longer wanted to deal with such beings like that either.

'Dam it! Dam it! How the hell did they get this dam information?! There's no way! This is the end! That useless priest!!' (Archbishop Macall's inner thoughts)

'Who the hell?! Someone betrayed us! Is this the end?! No this can't be!!' (Bishop Greyson's inner thoughts)

The rest were terrified and pale they were aware that they wouldn't live to another end while the Archbishop and Bishop were raging inside but knew if they took a step forward or tried to rebel the Duke would no longer care if he beheads them here in the temple.

If they managed to buy some time during the imprisonment or the trial before execution then Priest Rencornos would be smart enough to escape and inform the master.

As they hated to admit it they would have to count on Priest Rencorno's help, it was he who had gotten them into that situation or rather dug them further.

They had gotten themselves involved so at fault it wasn't completely all his fault but to feel at peace they like to think that way.

If they could get anything out of it the method that Rencornos would use if lucky the Duke who seemed to love the Duchess would come to regret it for the rest of his life letting her step into their trap.

"I don't want to further discuss with your disgusting repugnant faces, you shall be judged and executed according to your crimes!" (Damien, yelled)

"Arrest them and take them away" (Damien, said)

He was done with them he wanted them out of his sight so he ordered their removal.

Without hesitance, his knights began to drag them out of their groups and cuff their hands just like prisoners leaving only a few Reynolds knights and some servers of goods.

The only one missing was Archbishop Macall who ex-high priest Christobal had approached to have a word with.

"In the end, I got the justice, I kept the promise I made to you" (Chirstobal, said)

"Your absence has disgraced this temple for too long, but from now on I'll make sure your vacant position will be rightfully earned" (Christobal, said)

'Clench'

Archbishop Macall clenched his jaw in anger getting ready to say something however there was a loud familiar yell.

It was Cardinal Valentino who had dashed with a panicked expression followed along with the alert Reynolds knights.

'DASH!'

"POPE PRIEST RENCORNOS IS NOT THERE HE MUST HAVE-" (Cardinal Valentino, yelled)

"HAHAHA, OH IT'S BEGUN NOW IT WILL BE A LITTLE FAIR IF YOUR DUCHESS HAS TOO SUFFER TOO!" (Archbishop Macall, yelled)

Archbishop Macall burst manically into a nonstop laugh yelling like a crazy person now looking at Damien whose face distorted.

It was too late to realize that he shouldn't have left her alone without giving her more guard or that he should have gone himself.

"GREEKKKK!" (Insects, screeching)

"GREEEKKK!" (Insects, screeching)

"AAHHHHHH!" (Han Jea/Nania yelling horrifically)

Because the horrific shrieking sounds and her painful yells were enough to drive the last sanity he was holding onto.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 8.2K 84
I go by Artemis Blythe. I'm an ex-soldier turned murderer. I was charged with thirty murders and was subsequently sentenced to death. Preceding my e...
27.3K 637 52
The Celestial Kingdom has four powerful duchy families and one royal family. The royal fire family. The four duchy families are the Earth, Air, Metal...
3.9K 147 16
**WARNING** ~contains explicit content that may not be acceptable to all viewers. discretion advised~ "No no no no..." My words trailed "NO!!" I scre...
170K 5.2K 41
"If I'm going to die anyway, there's no point in trying to live." A typical reincarnated into a villainess story, except the protagonist isn't your t...