Life Series Oneshots

By Stars_And_Clouds837

Just a collection of oneshots about the Life Series because I have an overactive brain, Yay! I started this o... More

My King
The Passage Of Time
We're The Bad Boys
Allergies
Sleep For Me
Those Gosh Darn Horns
A Destined Relationship
Be Ready To Decorate (Part One)
Be Ready To Decorate (Part Two)
The Curse
100 views!!!
Us Against The World
My Red Flower
We Hit 200!
The Best Invisible Friend (Phasmophobia)
Reunion (Empires 2)
The Begining Of Spring
Untouchable
What A Dare
THANK YOU FOR 1K!!!
If She Was Free (Poem)
The Unknowing Lover
The Apologies I Wrote To You
Before The War
After Death (Hermitcraft Season 10)
Oh The Memories
They're Little: Children (Part One)
The Plan: Children (Part Two)
They Reverse: Children (Part Three)
Please Read
This Feeling
Winners (Poem)
Just Ren
Love Lasts Forever
I Made A Cake?
Incorect Quotes 1
Will You- (Songfic)
It Would've Happened Anyway
Incorrect Quotes 2
I Can See You (Songfic)
Love Right Before The Zombie Plagueβ„’
Incorect Quotes 3
So What If They're Not Morning People?
Hello There, Please Read!
Q and A!
HELLO THERE! 🌌
I HAVE A NEW BOOK!!!!!
The Ghost Likes You And So Do I (Phasmophobia)
In A Field Of Flowers
If The World Was Ending (Hermitcraft Season 8/9)
Heart For A Heart
Incorect Quotes 4
This One's For Ya'll
One Broken Glass
Are You Really Alone? (Part One)
Are You Really Alone? (Part Two)
Limited Life
Sorry, WHAT? (10k!?)
Once Again I'm Asking

Oh I Hate The Mimic (Phasmophobia)

204 2 2
By Stars_And_Clouds837

GIGS 2.0

Phasmophobia

Please review the photo above to see what map our ghost hunters are playing on.

Need I say any more?

Grian walked into the ‘office’ as they called it and yet again wondered why they were always called up for the night shifts. He knew why. It was because they were the most competent among the whole company, but still, it was scary.

He walked past the reception desk, nodding to the man behind the counter. He nodded back, letting Grian walk through the set of door’s labeled GIGS. Grian pushed the door open and walked in, only to be greeted by screaming of the Skizzle variety.

“Yeah!” The yelling came from up on the second floor where all the games were. “I win, Deppledot!”

“Cheater!” Impulse cried, and Grian sighed, running a hand through his blond hair.

He tugged at the hem of his red sweater, hoping that there weren't that many houses to go over tonight. His dark brown eyes sparked with interest as he walked up the stairs to the game platform.

“Hey boys!” Grian greeted waving, and Skizz and Impulse turned away from their argument for a few seconds to wave back.

Grian sat down on a chair kicking up his feet on  a nearby table. He smiled as Impulse and Skizz bickered, their shout becoming less and less understandable.

“You little cheater!” Impulse yelled as Skizz tried to yell overtop of him.

“I'm not cheating. You didn't make any rules!” Skizz shouted back, waving his hands around wildly.

“You stood up on a chair to make the shot!” Impulse sighed, “That's like a basic ‘don't’ for basketball!”

“Hey, could we maybe not do this today?”

Skizz and Impulse turned to see an angry redhead standing at the top of the stairs. She carried a menacing aura, and a small smile accented her features. Skizz (ever the kiss up) quickly apologised and promised to help her out for the whole night. This was Gem. She crossed her arms and sighed, blowing a few of her flyaways around. She wore a green sweater and black tights. She had  sweet freckles dotting her cheeks and her nose, but her innocent aura wasn't fooling the other members of GIGS.

Skizz grabbed Gem's hand and dragged her down the stairs to the truck, where he showed her their goals for this ghost hunt.

“We've got to use a paraboldictacle for this one.” Gem said, absolutely butchering the pronunciation of the equipment.

“Escape the ghost during a hunt.” Skizz announced, and Impulse grabbed some extra smudge sticks from his stockpile.

“Capture a photo of a ghost.” Gem called, and Grian walked over.

“They don't want much, do they?” Grian asked sarcastically as he lay his head on Gem's shoulder and looked over the to-do list.

“Nope.” She sighed, “How many houses do we have to do tonight, Impy?”

“Only one.” He said, looking over to the board. “Number 6 Tanglewood Drive.”

“Alrighty!” Grian cried, dragging Gem over to the van. “Let's do this! Fire up the engine, Skizzle!”

Skizz obliged, running over to the driver's seat of the truck. Impulse followed, leaving Gem and Grian with a bucket of extra stuff to hang up on the walls. As the truck started, Gem pulled out a few smudges from the bin and sighed in disappointment.

“Impy's gonna try to loop the ghost, isn't he.” She walked into the truck and started on her work.

She hung up the two new smudges up with the others, making sure not to knock anything on the floor. Grian was putting new batteries in the EMF reader from where he sat on the floor and gave it a few experimental clicks to see if it was working. Gem filled up the sanity pill shelf and started connecting all of the sound sensors to the sound board. Gem smiled and sat down with her back to the wall as she worked. She fiddled with the wires inside, and Grian walked over to see what she was doing. He lay his head on her shoulder and sighed dramatically, blowing the strands of hair that weren't in her braid all over the place. Gem giggled and shoved Grian's face away, and he dramatically fell on the floor.

“Owww!” He yelled, and she immediately responded by smacking him in the back.

“Shut up.” She smiled, standing up.

Gem and Grian then went over to the computer and booted it up. Grian then turned on each of the cameras to make sure that they all connected to the computer well.

Suddenly, the back of the van opened, and Impulse and Skizz walked in. Impulse grabbed a flashlight (which he would no doubt leave lying on the floor later) a thermometer and an EMF reader. Grian also took a flashlight, a crucifix, and a spirit box. Gem grabbed an EMF reader, a flashlight, and a parabolic microphone. Skizz grabbed a thermometer, a flashlight, and was about to grab a spirit box when Impulse stopped him.

“Your camera man today!” Impulse laughed and forced the camera into Skizz's hands.

“Why?” Skizz asked, picking up the camera and turning it on.

“I screwed up the perfect investigation last time.” Impulse said as he walked out of the truck.

“Okay fine.” Skizz sighed, grabbing Gem's hand and pulling her towards the house.

“Oh Skizz!” She sighed as Grian chased after them. “Can't I just stay inside the van?”

“You do one brave and scary thing, then you can go back into the van.” Grian promised flicking on his flashlight as he neared the door.

Gem and Skizz followed suit, and the combined light from their flashlights illuminated the whole front hallway and into the living room.

Breaker's on.” Impulse called over the radio.

Grian flicked on a lamp as he and Grm moved into the living room, carefully measuring their steps, like they were hunting their prey. Gem held the flashlight out in front of her like a shield as Grian looked for tarot cards.

“EMF!” Gem cried, and the device lit up orange. “Level four!”

“AHHHHHHHHH!” Gem cried, walking quickly out the front door. She was coming from the kitchen, so Grian went over there to check for the ghost. “I just heard it on the parableocatdal.”

Kitchen ghost!” Impulse announced over the radio. “Grian come in and try spirit box!

Grian walked into the kitchen and felt a familiar chill slide down his spine as he walked into the ghost room. He pulled out his spirit box and turned it on. He was greeted by the static of the technology, and he started pacing the room as Impulse set up a camera.

“Where are you? Are you near? Are you French? Are you friendly? Are you near? WHERE ARE YOOOUU!? And I'm so sorry!” He shivered, and he thought he could feel the ghost walk by. “Magic box is nothing.” He dropped the spirit box on the floor.

Skizz came in and placed some salt on the floor and checked the thermometer.

I'm in the van, and we haven't got any ghost orbs.” Gem announced as Skizz took photos of the salt that had been walked through.

Gem you get back in here.” Skizz warned, “And bring a crucifix while you’re at it.

Wait, never mind!”She cried, startling Grian. “We’ve got ghost orbs!

“Oh cool.” Impulse sighed from over by the door of the master bedroom. “Fingies. It could be the Mimic. Awesome.”

“Oh no.” Grian buried his face in his hands as Impulse told the rest of the team the bad news.

The Mimic was the worst ghost ever. Whenever it hunted, it would always pretend to be a different ghost. First, you would think it was a Revenant because it was so slow, then a Poltergeist, then a freaking Deogen. Grian shuddered and decided that he should rule out spirit box to see if it was a  Mimic or not.

He began to pace the room, and he pulled out the spirit box as he readied himself for the ghost to talk back.

“Are you here? Are you near? Are you close? Would you like to come to the movies with me?” As Grian spoke, he walked all through the room, and eventually, he picked up a thermometer.

Guys, I think it’s moved.” Grian announced over the radio as Skizz walked by holding the monkey paw. “Not a Goryo.

“I wish to see Impulse walk into the room!” Skizz cried, almost giving Grian a heart attack.

“You don’t get to do that!” Grian yelled, clutching at his chest.

Skizz laughed loudly, and Grian sighed. “Gem, get in here.

“Coming!” She called, and Skizz passed the monkey paw to Impulse.

“Oh no, I do not like what’s happening here.” Grian commented as Impulse fidgeted with the monkey paw, camera in his other hand.

“AHHH!” Skizz cried as the ghost raced out of the kitchen. It started chasing him, and only him.

“Hunt!” Impulse yelled, smudging the ghost as it was about to wrap its fingers around Skizz's throat.

The ghost froze, and Grian sprang into action, grabbing Skizz’s hand and dragging him down the hall. Grian yanked open the door of the nearest cupboard and jumped in, dragging Skizz in after him. Skizz was gasping for air, looking shocked that he had gotten so close to being cursed. Grian was surprisingly calm until the ghost started moving again.

The ghost's footsteps thumped through the house, and Grian tried to tap his hand to the rhythm of the steps. But it stopped hunting before he could get a  good feel for the steps.

“Hunts over!” Gem called, and Grian and Skizz waited with bated breath to hear if Impulse was okay.

I'm sober!” He called over the radio, and he ripped Grian and Skizz's closet open.

“Banshee?” Impulse asked, as Skizz practically sprinted out the front door.

“It walked right past me and went straight for Skizz.” Grian noted as he hurried after the person in question.

The two of them arrived in the van to see a relieved Gem running up and throwing her arms around Skizz.

“Oof!” He grunted as she hit him.

“Don't do that to me!” She cried, grabbing Grian's arm and pulling him into the hug.

“What did we do?” Grian gasped as she squeezed him tighter.

“When a hunt is over, you announce if you're not cursed!” She pulled back and glared at him.

“Sorry.” Skizz apologized, patting her on the shoulder.

“Alright back in, we go.” Impulse sighed, grabbing a smudge stick. “At least we've completed two of our daily tasks?”

Grian sighed and face palmed, while Gem just grabbed a crucifix. Skizz led the charge, grabbing Gem's hand and pulling her towards the house.

“Here we go again.” Grian ran after Gem and Skizz,  hopelessly hoping that they would all survive whatever Impulse would put them through next.

“Okay!” Impulse cried as they all walked into the house. “Gem, crucifix me.”

Gem threw the crucifix at Impulse, and he flinched as he fumbled the catch. He gave her (in a much nicer fashion) the parabolic microphone, and she immediately ran into the garage and shut herself in the locker. Impulse, Grian, and Skizz walked into the ghost room, and Impulse pulled out his camera.

“No we just need to wait for an event.” Impulse gulped and shuffled around.

“Sooo. . .” Grian sighed, leaning against the wall. “Anyone seen any good movies lately? TV shows? No?”

Skizz laughed and clapped Grian on the back, pulling him into a side hug. Grian smiled softly and poked his finger  into Skizz's side. Skizz ruffled his hair and pulled out the monkey paw. Grian's eyes lit up with mischief, and he bounced up and down like a little girl. An evil grin spread on his face as Skizz handed Grian the cursed object. Grian clutched at it like it was a rare treasure and leaned closer to Skizz.

The monkey paw's fingers crackled ominously, and Grian drew a breath and readied himself to speak. Impulse turned around, and a look of horror spread across his face.

“Grian, don't.” Impulse held his hand out in a calming fashion. “I want the picture, but I don't want to be cursed.”

“I wish-” Grian started, but Impulse threw his hands over Grian's mouth, and Skizz snickered, and he raced into the garage.

Gemstone help!” Skizz cried over the radio as he climbed into the locker beside hers.

What happened?” She sighed like a tired mom. “What did Grian do?

He's got a monkey paw.” Skizz laughed as Gem sighed.

And who gave it to him?” Gem prompted as she held out the parabolic microphone in front of her. “AAAHHHHHH!

“What happened!” Grian asked as Gem raced out of the garage and into the kitchen.

“Gem!” Impulse yelled, grabbing her as she raced into him. “Are you okay?”

Skizz walked out, saw Gem in Impulse’s arms, and smiled. Gem giggled softly and Impulse rubbed soothing circles on her back as she hugged him closer. Grian laughed and tucked the monkey paw away.

“Are you alright, Gem?” Grian asked as she took a step back from Impulse.

“Yeah.” She smiled and laughed. “I just heard the ghost on the parlobatocadal.”

“Good!” Grian clapped her on the back and ruffled her hair. “You'd better hide in the cupboard, Impulse is trying to get a ghost photo.”

Gem took the hint and grabbed Skizz’s hand, dragging him down the hall. Grian pulled out the monkey paw once he heard the closet latch click and looked at Impulse with a small smile. Impulse sighed and waved his hand as if to say, ‘well get on with it’. Grian smiled and took a deep breath.

“Get that camera ready.” Grain grinned, “I wish to see the ghost.”

The lights began to flicker, and Grian got a glimpse of the ghost for a second before he turned and ran. He heard the tell tale click of Impulse taking a photo, and then the ghost groaned loudly as Impulse ran into the garage. Grian knew that Impulse had smudged, as the smell of sage, rosemary, and thyme wafted down the hall and towards him.

Grian knew that he had a few seconds to get out of the ghost's line of sight, so he took off down the hall towards the safety of a closet. He could suddenly hear footsteps slowly marching rhythmically into the garage, and Grian's heart rate spiked to an all-time high. His chest was heaving as he desperately tried to keep his breathing regular, and his eyes began to blur.

Don't pass out. Grian urged himself, knowing what would happen if he did. Make it a closet. Then you can pass out.

Grain looked around and realised that he had made it to the hallway outside the baby room. He knew there was a closet in a few steps. He looked up and saw it, and the cupboard was beautiful. All of a sudden, the door opened, and an arm reached out, grabbing Grian's shirt and pulling him in.

Grian was gasping for breath, and he felt warm arms circling around him, holding him to their owners chest. Grian sighed as Gem rubbed soothing circles on his back, and he hugged his rescuer closer. Suddenly, Grian registered the slow thumping of the ghost's footsteps, and he whimpered quietly, wondering if Impulse was still alive.

“I’m coming.” The ghost growled as it passed their door. “Where are you hiding?”

Grian tensed up, and he hated whenever the ghost started to speak. Gem also let out a small gasp when the ghost opened their door a crack. Grian thought they were all dead until a third pair of hands grabbed onto the door handle and pulled it close. In the brief light, Grian looked over and saw Skizz with a determined look on his face as he pulled the door shut again.

The ghost stormed past again, and Skizz laid his hand on Grian's back and whispered into his ear;

“Do you still have the monkey paw?”

Grain slowly nodded, and Skizz held out his hand. Grian carefully passed the cursed object over, and Skizz held it gently in his hands. Skizz ruffled Grian's hair and took a deep breath before speaking.

“I wish the hunt was over.” Skizz whispered quickly, and the ghost heard his voice and absolutely raced in his direction. Grian braced himself for the worst, but the second finger of the monkey paw crackled and lowered ominously. Suddenly, the hunt stopped, and Skizz sighed in relief.

“Never again.” Grian gasped as he opened up the door.

The three of them spilled out, and Gem wobbled and almost fell over. Skizz reacted quickly and pulled her close to him before she could hit the ground. Gem stood up and dragged Grian over to the door. She looked back expectantly for Skizz, but he shook his head.

“I'm going to go and get impulse.” Skizz decided. “Don't wait for me.”

Gem nodded, and Skizz walked down the hall and into the kitchen. He looked around and saw Impulse standing in the corner with his arms wrapped around his chest.

“Deppledot!” Skizz cried, racing around the counter to reach his friend.

Skizz grabbed onto Impulse's shoulders and pulled him into a tight hug. It took Impulse a few seconds to respond, but he soon pulled Skizz closer, and he sighed happily.

“I'm glad you're okay, Impy.” Skizz smiled and patted Impule's back. “Let's go and talk with the others.”

Skizz realised Impulse but grabbed onto his hand and pulled him towards the hall.

“Hang on.” Impulse said, grabbing the thermometer. “Freezing temperatures. And just let me put a crucifix down. Turn on that light, will you?”

“Sure.” Skizz said, walking over as Impulse worked out the best spot to put the crucifix.

Skizz flicked on the light switch, and less than a second after the lights went dark, the ghost had turned it off.

“Mare?” Impulse commented from the floor.

“That's impossible.” Skizz said, flicking through his notebook. “So far it's acted like a Mare, a Banshee and a Revenant.”

“Mimic.” Impulse said standing up. “I've bought us a bit of time, but if it starts mimicking a Demon, it'll go through the crucifix quickly.”

“We need to try spirit box to tell if it's the Mimic or not.” Skizz said, closing his book and tucking it away in his pocket.

Grian, get in here!” Impulse called over the radio.

No.” Grian laughed back. “I don't wanna.

Too bad.” Impulse replied, and Skizz laughed softly. “Time to channel your inner Blink 182.

Fiiineee.” Grian sighed, and Skizz could hear his footsteps as he walked in. “I'm bringing the other crucifix in, though.

Suddenly, as if on cue, the crucifix in the kitchen lit up, and Skizz jumped up in surprise.

“Oooh he's angy!” Grian smiled as he walked in, Gem in tow.

“Yep.” Skizz sighed. “Right, you  talk to the ghost, and we’ll sit in the laundry room and listen.”

“Guys!” Grian called as Gem saluted him running into the garage.

“Turn on the radio.” Skizz winked as he followed Impulse into the laundry room. “We want to be a part of this journey with you.”

Okay fine." He sighed, turning on the spirit box. “Where areee yoooou? And I'm so sooorryyy!

“Nice!” Impulse chuckled from the laundry room, and Skizz smacked him in the head.

Are you near? Are you close? Are you friendly? Et tu la? Are you right behind me breathing down the back of my neck?

Skizz let out a small laugh and he could hear Gem's giggles floating in from the garage.

Where areeee yoooou?” Grian paused for dramatic effect and then screamed. “AHHHHHH!

“Woo!” Impulse cried bursting out of the laundry room with Skizz and Gem in tow.

“We can leave!” Gem cheered racing out of the house.

“Thank God.” Impulse sighed, rubbing his forehead. “I am so surprised none of us died.”

“Me too.” Skizz laughed as the three of them exited the house.

They walked into the van to see an impatient Gem tapping her foot by the door. Impulse and Grian jumped into the front of the truck and started the engine. Gem closed the door of the back of the van and turned with a smile on her face to look over at Skizz.

“We did it.” She laughed and he ruffled her hair with a smile.

Don't forget to click Mimic.” Impulse reminded everyone over the radio.

Don't worry.” Grian sighed, “I haven't forgotten.

As the truck drove away, the members of GIGS knew that they could chalk this ghost hunt up as a success. Because everyone was alive, and they were all still friends.

Woo! I love GIGS Phasmophobia! Thanks for reading!

Star

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 4.7K 27
cover art by @karumkin on insta (CHECK THEM OUT DUDE V COOL) sbi one shots! (tommy, techno, wilbur, philza + tubbo) this is like a mc au where they...
676K 41.4K 105
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
Washingdad Oneshots By error

Historical Fiction

8.1K 172 17
ACTIVELY WRITING! STAY TUNED BUDDY!<33 tws angst swearing sh
254K 6.2K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ΰͺœβ€βž΄ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 π‹πˆπŠπ„ .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...