Her Step Husband

By Namas48

••|3rd in Arranged Series|•• Can be read as a standalone I always found myself getting mesmerized by him. And... More

Author's Note
Foreword
Cast
💙Character Aesthetics💙
Prologue
My lovely readers 🧡
Snippet
|one|
|two|
|three|
|four|
|five|
|six|
|seven|
|nine|
|ten|
|eleven|
|twelve|
Author's Note
|thirteen|
|fourteen|
|fifteen|
|sixteen|
|seventeen|
|eighteen|
|nineteen|
|twenty|
|twenty one|
|twenty two|
Author's Note
|twenty three|
Author's Note
|twenty four|
|twenty five|
Eid Gift for Readers
|twenty six|
|twenty seven|
|twenty eight|
|twenty nine|
|thirty|
|thirty one|
|thirty two|
|thirty three|
|thirty four|
|thirty five|
|thirty six|
|thirty seven|
|thirty eight|
|thirty nine|
|fourty|
|fourty one|
Invitation
|fourty two|
|fourty three|
|fourty four|
|fourty five|
|fourty six|
|fourty seven|
|fourty eight|
|fourty nine|
|fifty|
Important Announcement
|fifty one|
|fifty two|
|fifty three|
|fifty four|
|fifty five|
Aesthetics
|fifty six|
|fifty seven|
|fifty eight|
|fifty nine|
|sixty|
|sixty one|
|sixty two|
|sixty three|
|sixty four|
Author's Note
|sixty five|
|sixty six|
|sixty seven|
|sixty eight|
|sixty nine|
|seventy|
|seventy one|
|seventy two|
|seventy three|
|seventy four|
|seventy five|
|seventy six|
|seventy seven|
|seventy eight|

|eight|

471 45 81
By Namas48

"Why aren't you taking the call?" Huzaifa asked her when she didn't do that and kept on staring at the phone blankly.

She almost flinched at his words. At this moment, she didn't know whether to take Sarim's call and actually tell him that she couldn't talk to him or decline it, making him more angry.

"Who is it?" He again urged her.

Unaiza licked her lips. "It's...its Sarim."

"You should attend it quickly then. Why are you making him wait? Or is it because of me?" He smirked. "Don't worry, I won't listen to you."

Her cheeks again heatened. "It's not like this."

To show Huzaifa, she took his call and as expected was welcomed by a furious Sarim.

"Where were you? I had been calling you for so long "

"I am not at home, Sarim."

"Why? Then where are you?"

"I had to do something important so that's why I came to market."

"Who is with you?"

She turned to look at Huzaifa who was just focused on the road. She couldn't make out whether he was listening to her or not.

"It's Huzaifa."

"Why are you with him?" He suddenly lashed out at her.

"Sarim...I am fine. I am just on the way. I will talk to you later."

"At which place are you right now?"

"Why? Err...I...I am at Mall Road."

"Oh, I am also nearby. I think we can meet today. Wait for a few minutes for me. Let's hang out."

Unaiza's jaw dropped at this. "What? Sarim we...we can't..."

"Why?"

She didn't know what to say at this. Huzaifa too was looking at her with confusion and abrupt change of tone while she was one hundred percent sure that Sarim would become mad at her.

"Nothing. I will wait for you."

"Good. I'll call back you. Ask that guy to park the car somewhere."

Sarim ended the call and here Unaiza found herself in a bigger problem. When she told Huzaifa to stop the car, he asked the reason.

"Sarim said that he was nearby. He will pick me up from here for a meetup," she replied, fumbling with her handbag.

Huzaifa raised a brow. "A meetup? You mean a date. Unaiza, are you really okay with a date?"

She felt like vanishing from the scene at this. "I...I don't know. If I say no, he will get angry."

"What do you want?" He questioned.

"Maybe no. I won't like all this before marriage. And also Aqia Mama doesn't know this. I don't know what to do," she murmured.

Huzaifa sighed. "Then say no to him. Simple."

"He will get angry, Huzaifa," she whispered.

"What? It's something you are not comfortable with. And he is just your fiance," he reasoned.

She remained silent at this. Huzaifa pulled the car against a tree and turned around to face her. He kept on glancing at her and his look seemed like he was reading her.

"Iza, come on. Are you really happy with this marriage? To be honest, I didn't like that guy personally. But you and Mama were happy so I brushed it off. Now tell me, what's the deal?" He wiggled his eyebrows in his signature style.

"It's not like that, Huzaifa. He is very nice and caring. It's just that I feel some things that are okay for him are not for me. But other than that, he isn't like that," she mumbled.

Huzaifa ran his fingers through his hair. "In other words, this means there is no compatibility between you two. Then why are you agreeing to marry him? I too meet, and call Naya and we have our dates, but that includes her wish too. But as far as you are concerned, if you are just marrying Sarim out of respect for engagement, Mom, and every elder then I will advise you to not do that. Come on. It's your life."

"It's not like that. I am happy with this proposal," she argued.

Huzaifa shook his head. "You still aren't looking comfortable with this, Iza. Call him and tell him in clear words that you aren't ready for such things before marriage. It won't take any effort."

"He will not like it, Huzaifa," she almost cried out.

"To the hell with him then. He should respect your wishes. And if he will call off the marriage after this petty thing, then it's good for you. You don't deserve someone who can't respect what you want," he announced.

Maybe he was right. And a date as Huzaifa named it was not something she was so keen on doing by keeping in view Sarim's anger. She dialed his number again and declined him. He seemed irritated but then she couldn't realize his true feelings.

She would see what his reaction was later on. Right now, she was so excited to meet Jannat and her parents. She wished they would finally come back home.

As expected, Jannat's cuteness had lifted up her mood. And she forgot about Sarim altogether.

"Paradise Sweetheart. The little piece of trifle, the cutest snack, and the adorable tutty fruity." Huzaifa was kissing Jannat's chubby cheeks and she was giggling.

"What's that? You make my daughter sound like a sweet dish," Haider chuckled.

"Oh, she is the sweetest baby girl of Chachu," he proudly said. "She will become my crime partner. We will do every mess together. We will give a lesson to Hitler together. Right Paradise?"

Haider glared at him but soon all of them burst into laughter. "A very nice surprise is waiting for you."

All of them realized that this was what missing from their respective houses. Perhaps the bond which was made now was more unbreakable and eternal than before.

                    _________________

              ••| Two Months Later|••

The surprise that Haider was talking about was true. At that time, maybe they were thinking that his statement was out of context but it wasn't. A week before Unaiza's marriage, he had come back to their old house with Ishmal and Jannat.

As far as Sarim was concerned, then Unaiza was pleasantly surprised that he didn't become angry at her after she rejected his offer for a date. After that, he even called her much less and didn't ask for such favors which made her uneasy. Huzaifa had told all this to Aqia the next day about Sarim and she had perhaps talked to his mother about their family values. Perhaps that was the reason why Sarim behaved. Now this made Unaiza think that she shouldn't have become so submissive. Of course, Sarim didn't know how she was.

There was so much hustle and bustle in the house now because of her marriage. But she liked seeing Ishmal actively taking part in everything. She was acting as both her sister and sister-in-law. Aqia too was very welcoming and loving for Ishmal. Life was beautiful like this.

Huzaifa recently got an offer for a commercial for a local and very popular beverage brand. It was a very good start and he didn't want to let it go. So he had signed it. A week ago, he had shooted for it and now maybe it would start running on television in a few months. What if his family saw it? What would happen then? But in front of the bright carrier, he didn't want to think about any obstacles.

Finally, the day of her marriage commenced. She was wearing a very beautiful red bridal dress. With the new lenses, she was even looking more different. Maybe not drop-dead beautiful but she was looking fine.

When she was brought down the aisle, she could feel everyone's attention on her, including Sarim. She was made to recline on a stage which was opposite to where Sarim was seated. From the white outline of the cloth between them which was kept as a purdah, she saw him smiling at her.

She couldn't believe it in four months, she still couldn't fall in love with him. Huzaifa's love was still alive in her heart like always. And it became evident when he came in front of her. He was looking so handsome in a white kurta shalwar with a nice-looking coat. Her heart skipped a beat at this. Just three words and then she could never get Huzaifa after saying them. She would become someone else. And he was already Inaya's. Her unrequited love would cry sitting in a corner and everyone would laugh at her for asking for something so dreamy.

When it was the time of nikkah, the nikkahkhuwan started proclaiming the holy words.

"Mr. Sarim Ali, son of Ali Ahmad will you take Unaiza Farooq daughter of Farooq Gardezi as your wife with 5 lacs as Haq Mehr?"

"Wait a minute! What the hell is this?" Sarim's mother yelled.

             ___________________ 

AssalamoAlaikum/ Hi guys!

How are you?

A new chapter.

I hope you like it.

What do you think will happen next?

Vote and comment.  ❤

Something dramatic going to happen in the next chapter. 😍😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 55.9K 28
(Mafia Series#1) (Wattpad Version) [Also available on Inkitt with edited version and some changes.] - - - He banged his hand on the wall beside my he...
575K 26.6K 22
"Y-ye a-aap k-kya..., (W-what a-are y-you..)" I abruptly shut up as I saw him giving me a hard look through the mirror. Lowering my eyes, I tried my...
399K 26.9K 53
"Say it." He whispered, stepping closer to me. "I love you too." I finally admitted, my cheeks flushing dark in embarrassment. I couldn't believe I j...
96.8K 4.1K 20
I limped towards the kitchen after sending him an email, that I'm on leave today. I couldn't even able to walk properly as I was feeling sore down th...