Her Step Husband

By Namas48

••|3rd in Arranged Series|•• Can be read as a standalone I always found myself getting mesmerized by him. And... More

Author's Note
Foreword
Cast
💙Character Aesthetics💙
Prologue
My lovely readers 🧡
Snippet
|one|
|two|
|three|
|four|
|five|
|seven|
|eight|
|nine|
|ten|
|eleven|
|twelve|
Author's Note
|thirteen|
|fourteen|
|fifteen|
|sixteen|
|seventeen|
|eighteen|
|nineteen|
|twenty|
|twenty one|
|twenty two|
Author's Note
|twenty three|
Author's Note
|twenty four|
|twenty five|
Eid Gift for Readers
|twenty six|
|twenty seven|
|twenty eight|
|twenty nine|
|thirty|
|thirty one|
|thirty two|
|thirty three|
|thirty four|
|thirty five|
|thirty six|
|thirty seven|
|thirty eight|
|thirty nine|
|fourty|
|fourty one|
Invitation
|fourty two|
|fourty three|
|fourty four|
|fourty five|
|fourty six|
|fourty seven|
|fourty eight|
|fourty nine|
|fifty|
Important Announcement
|fifty one|
|fifty two|
|fifty three|
|fifty four|
|fifty five|
Aesthetics
|fifty six|
|fifty seven|
|fifty eight|
|fifty nine|
|sixty|
|sixty one|
|sixty two|
|sixty three|
|sixty four|
Author's Note
|sixty five|
|sixty six|
|sixty seven|
|sixty eight|
|sixty nine|
|seventy|
|seventy one|
|seventy two|
|seventy three|
|seventy four|
|seventy five|
|seventy six|
|seventy seven|
|seventy eight|

|six|

523 43 47
By Namas48

Her heart started beating heavily against her ribcage as soon as he introduced himself. She remained quiet for the time she left Hiba's room to enter hers.

"Sarim, why did you call me?"

"Huh? You are my fiance and do I need a reason to talk to you?" He seemed more stubborn and annoying than she anticipated.

Unaiza licked her dried lips in distress. "Actually its...its very late. I...I have to sleep."

She heard him snore loudly. "I had such a hectic day today. And when I came back, I thought to call you to relax my mind a bit by talking to you but you are sounding as bored as I am a stranger to you."

"It's not like that Sarim. I was just saying it... it's not good. My family is against talking over the phone and meeting you before nikkah. If that's okay for you."

"And what do you want?"

She made a crying face at this. Where did she stick herself?

"I...I respect their wish and the think the same as they do."

"Who do you care for you, Unaiza? Me; your to-be husband or those people who have no blood relation to you?" He seemed genuinely pissed right now.

"Sarim, where did this come from?"

"And yes talking about them? Why are you living among these? That woman who is your Aunt has two grown-up sons. One is even your age too. That cocky and arrogant young man. Should I need to get extra worried about his presence in your life, Unaiza?"

Unaiza sighed and hit lightly on her head. "It's not like that Sarim. They are my family. I consider Aqia Mama as my mother."

"But that guy?"

"Sarim, please. Why would Aqia Mama search proposals for me if she had this intention?"

"Hmm. You are right." He quickly understood her point for which she was thankful.

As Sarim expected, she had to talk to him for half an hour. She wasn't liking it but she had no choice. Sarim had a very bad temper. At times when she didn't reply to him or turned silent due to sleepiness, he lashed out at her. And Unaiza had to apologize to him. She was grateful when he cut the call with a warning that he would talk to her again like this.

Many tears fell from her eyes and got soaked in the pillow. She had to tolerate it. Aqia was a woman who did many favors for her. And the least she could do to repay them was not to make her worried. That was perhaps best for everyone.

                      ________________

                  ••|Ten Days Later|••

Sarim had grown more bold than before. Now he was pressing her for video calls but for now, Unaiza was smartly dodging him. She knew it wouldn't work for a long time though. At times when Sarim turned completely out of the track, she thought to confide this to Aqia. But seeing her so enthusiastic and happy about her marriage, she declined the decision. Sarim wasn't asking for too much maybe.

If she wasn't that up to date with social media, then didn't mean that everyone would be like her. Huzaifa too used to do all sorts of such things with Inaya. They even hang out together as well. Perhaps Sarim had the same mentality too. Very soon, anyway, she was going to get married to him.

That evening, she was watering the plants in the garden, when Huzaifa walked over to her, looking all smiley and happy. She stopped her task and glanced at him in question.

He pulled out his phone in front of her. "Have a look."

What Unaiza saw made her dumbstruck. Huzaifa looked charming, handsome, and attractive in a black shirt and black pants, giving different poses. Such elegance was coming from his photos that she again looked away in fear to not cast a bad eye at him by gawking at him with awe. She hastily murmured a Masha Allah under her breath.

"That's the modeling shoot you were talking about?" She whispered with secrecy.

He grinned and nodded. "How is it?"

"Very good, Huzaifa," she confessed truthfully.

Huzaifa turned his phone off and plopped his hands in his pockets.

"I got my first pay too and you are the first one I shared this news with. I wish Mom and Dad could have been included but." He sighed. 

"It will happen very soon, Huzaifa. Don't worry about that," she asserted.

"Hope so," he mumbled, shrugging his shoulders.

"Go and get ready. Ask Hiba too. I am taking you both for a treat from myself," he announced proudly.

Unaiza raised a brow. "It's fine but what are you gonna say to Hiba? That's why are you giving this treat?"

He chuckled. "I will say anything to her. Besides, she is not gonna ask any freakin questions when she will hear that we are going ice cream anyway."

She smiled too at his words. He was right maybe.

                        ________________

The whole time Sarim was calling her. But she didn't want to talk to him in front of everyone like this. She texted him a quick message that she wasn't at home before putting the phone on silent. But still, he didn't stop. He might have gotten angry. What if he would tell his mother about this?

"Unaiza?" Huzaifa's voice almost made her shudder in horror. "Where are you lost?"

"Ah..han nowhere. What were you saying?" She bit her lower lip in humiliation.

Huzaifa kept on looking at her curiously. "Ice cream. Which flavor should I order for you?"

"Vanilla with cookie for me," she told him while fidgeting with her fingers more.

She didn't know how she had spent that two hours when they were on an outing. As soon as they reached home, she rushed to her room and dialed Sarim's number. But he never picked it.

What would happen now?

At last, he accepted her call and it made her close her eyes with satisfaction.

"Where were you, Unaiza?"

"I was with my family on an outing."

"So this gave you a justification to ignore me?"

"No Sarim. I texted you that I would call you in a while which I did."

"Are you thinking of me as a fool? After making me so eager for you, you want to play hard to get. Hmm?"

"Sarim..."

He smiled cheerfully. "Let's do one thing then. You disobeyed me so you are going to something which I will tell you. Okay for you?"

Unaiza's brows wrinkled. "What is that?"

"First say that you agree and then then I will tell you."

"Hmm."

"Good. Come on the video call."

"But Sarim..."

"Oh God, Unaiza. Why are you reluctant? I am your soon-to-be husband. And we already saw each other. Isn't it?"

Unaiza swallowed hard before doing what he said. Sarim's eyes became darkened at her sight.

"I saw you after such a long time," Sarim murmured.

She could just smile.

"You are looking lovely but there is something that is making you look ugly and that's these glasses. Get yourself lenses and get rid of these glasses for forever. Okay?"

She just nodded. Even though from inside, she was feeling a dire need to punch on his face.

They talked a bit more face to face before Sarim disconnected saying he had an important thing to do. Nothing made Unaiza more happy than this.

                 __________________

After dinner, as everyone went back to their room, Huzaifa had come into her way and caused her to stop in her track.

"Wait for a while. I have to talk to you," he let out sternly.

"To me? What do you want to talk to me?" Unaiza was confused.

"What happened to you at the ice cream parlor? You didn't seem happy," he grumbled, his eyes fixed on her light brown ones as though he wanted to read her.

"I was fine, Huzaifa. Why something would happen to me?" She glowed only so that he would stop suspecting her.

His eyes seemed to be judging her but then he bobbed his head in acceptance. "Are you happy with this marriage, Iza?"

She huffed. "I am."

"Don't lie. Be honest. If you can't tell this to Mom out of your respect for her, then tell me instead. I will convey this to her. Marriage is necessary but a union which is making you apprehensive is not at all necessary. Everything can wait," he told her.

Unaiza shook her head. "I am fine, Huzaifa. It's just leaving this house seems difficult so sometimes I become emotional. But don't worry about me."

Even though she was very tense over Sarim's issue but Huzaifa was the one who gauged her low mood and even having a few words with her was so refreshing that it lifted her mood.

"Are you sure?" He again tried to make this thing certain that she wasn't in any problem.

"Yes," she whispered.

His searching eyes didn't seem to be affected by her yes but she was happy that he listened to her.

"Listen!" She was about to leave when he called her.

She turned around and raised a brow at him.

"If anything is bothering you, don't hesitate to tell me." His words hit directly over her heart and she didn't know how to handle it.

                ______________________

AssalamoAlaikum/ Hi guys!

How are you?

A new chapter for you all.

I hope you like it. ❤

Do you think Unaiza should tell about Sarim to Aqia?

Unaiza is the perfect example of the ppl who consider themselves behind the rest of the world and feel it as a misery. She thinks that if the whole world is following something and she isn't comfortable doing it then it's her fault.

What do you think will happen next?

Like the way Huzaifa understood her?

When Tashfeen gets you to know about Huzaifa's modeling, what will be his reaction?

If you like this chapter, plz vote and comment. ❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 26.9K 53
"Say it." He whispered, stepping closer to me. "I love you too." I finally admitted, my cheeks flushing dark in embarrassment. I couldn't believe I j...
312K 29K 78
I'll die instead of doing marriage but here I'm standing at door of his hell becoming the wife of the King of Mafia. He fisted my hair tightly and p...
1.2M 57.9K 59
𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒑𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔; It started with his love. Will it end with...
749K 42.9K 34
❝ She has always dreamed of having that perfect 'home' but then found 'him' instead ❞ A home is something that she has always dreamt of, where she'd...