FINE LINE - T. BRADFORD

By EstellaNovella

"You sunshine, you temptress" Tim Bradford x OC (Season 1 - 4x01) More

CAST
Playlist
PART ONE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
PART TWO
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
PART THREE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24

14

3.6K 112 4
By EstellaNovella

Mirana looks up at Tim after the man she had been talking to drives off.

"Hey, do you work the convention every year?" Mirana asks.

"No. L.A. hasn't hosted one in a long time. But I did go with Isabel once," Tim replies and Mirana nods, feeling her curiosity peak.

"What kind of classes do they teach?" Mirana asks

"No idea," Tim replies. "Patrol isn't allowed to know UC trade secrets. So I just ordered room service, worked on my tan"

Mirana takes a step back as a car speeds in front of them. The man in the car shouts in excitement when he spots Tim.

"Bradford!"

"Mack!" Tim chuckles.

"Ugh! You bastard!" Mack says. "You get prettier with age"

"Yeah, and you're still the same part Neanderthal," Tim retorts. "Mirana Cabrera, Mack Daniels"

"Hey, how are you?" Mack smiles at her.

"I'm good," Mirana forces a smile, casting a glance at Tim who nods imperceptibly to signal he had also noticed Mack's inebriation.

"Beth, how are the kids?" Tim asks the woman in the car before frowning in confusion.

"Oh, uh, this is actually, uh, my friend Candace," Mack gestures to the woman.

"Hi. Mack's right. You are pretty," Candace says to Tim before glancing at Mirana. "So is she"

"Uh, Mirana, why don't you go and get Candace's info?" Tim suggests.

"Yeah," Mirana nods, leaning down to talk to Candace. "License and registration please"

"Mack and I have been talking about bringing a third in," Candace whispers to Mirana. "You interested?"

"No," Mirana says, taking the papers from Candace which is when the woman spots the ring on her hand.

"You could bring your fiance," Candace suggests.

"Not interested," Mirana replies, entering the information into the tablet in her hand. "Neither is he"

"How would you know?"

"Ask him yourself," Mirana says, pointing at Tim. "He'll give you an answer that isn't as nice as mine"

"Shame," Candace sighs before raising her voice. "Mack! I got a spa appointment"

"Hey, it's good seeing you, bro," Mack says to Tim who nods.

"Yeah. You, too," Tim replies before Candace drives the car away.

"Well, he seems friendly," Mirana says.

"Yeah," Tim sighs. "Believe it or not, he used to be the most clean-cut guy I ever met"

"His lady friend is a character," Mirana says, rolling her eyes.

"Oh really?" Tim asks.

"Mm-hmm," Mirana nods. "Wanted to know if I wanted to be their third"

"Their third?" Tim asks with a frown before the realisation dawns on his face. "Oh. You said no right?"

"Yep, then she asked if you wanted to join too," Mirana says, giggling as Tim's face screws up.

Tim shakes his head. "No thanks. I'll pass on that offer."

Mirana grins, finding amusement in Tim's reaction. "I figured you might."

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Mirana watches through the small crack in the door as Nyla speaks to a room full of women about undercover work.

"You're not supposed to be listening," Nolan whispers to Mirana who rolls her eyes.

"Why? 'Cause they don't trust patrol with all their trade secrets?" Mirana asks.

"It doesn't matter why. Rules are rules. And I'm already on thin ice, so I'm outta here," Nolan whispers and Mirana shrugs, going back to listening to Nyla.

"This seminar today is about being a female undercover cop and the unique risks that that poses. Now, I will warn you, this is not gonna be an easy ride. Some of what you're about to see is hard to watch. But if we can learn from the UCs who died in these videos, then maybe we can save some lives. Are you with me?"

As the women in the room cheer and clap, Nyla locks eyes with Mirana who closes the door carefully.

"What are you doing?" Tim asks and Mirana whips around, a guilty look on her face.

"Nada," Mirana shakes her head and Tim raises a disbelieving eyebrow.

"Is this why you never want to talk about what you want to do once you're P2?" Tim asks, his tone accusing. "You want to do UC work?"

"This is a conversation to have at home," Mirana replies. "Not at work. I've got to use the bathroom"

Tim watches Mirana hurry away with a sigh, glancing at the sign posted next to the door. 'Women Undercover'.

"Shit," Tim whispers under his breath.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"So, UC work?" Tim asks as he takes a driver's information. "Is that what you want to do?"

"Tal vez," Mirana shrugs. "I feel like I could do great there. Lucy and I were both considering it when we joined and looked at what we could do after becoming P2. I'm just keeping my options open"

"Look," Tim sighs. "The information and tactics the CCOA present are so unique and so sensitive, they're literally on a need-to-know basis. Got it?"

"Yeah," Mirana nods as the next car pulls up.

"Tim?" The woman in the car asks.

"Beth," Tim's voice is full of surprise as he takes the woman's card.

"I'm here to surprise Mack. He's barely been home the last three months," Beth says.

"I bet," Tim says, looking up at Mirana for his next words. "Yeah, undercover work's a full-time gig"

"Is he here yet?" Beth asks and Tim freezes momentarily.

"Yeah," Tim nods. "He rolled through a few hours ago. It's great seeing you"

"You too," Beth replies before driving away.

"You aren't even going to warn her?" Mirana asks, watching the car.

"No way I'm getting in the middle of that," Tim shudders. "Too much mess"

"Tim," Mirana says when she spots the man taking pictures of the cars. "Those cars belong to the undercover cops"

"Well, they'll have switched-out license plates But they can't cover the VIN numbers," Tim says.

"If he gets those numbers, he'll be able to identify them," Mirana says as they walk towards the man, watching as the man's flannel moves. "Gun. Back pocket"

"Hey! Police! Hold up!" Tim shouts.

At Tim's shout, the man breaks into a run causing Mirana and Tim to do the same as they follow the man. They turn the corner to see the man slip into a door for the hotel which closes before Mirana can grab the handle.

"All units, be advised, we have a perimeter breach. White male, blue ballcap, grey jacket, blue jeans. Made it in through the south rear door. Armed with a handgun, and may be targeting police,"

Mirana crouches down next to the woman the man had thrown out of the way, helping her to her feet.

"Are you hurt?" Mirana asks.

"No," The woman shakes her head.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Mirana and Tim share a look as they walk down the corridor to see Beth Daniels screaming at a hotel room door.

"I am his wife! Open the damn door!"

"He doesn't want to see you!" Candace shouts back.

"Mack, I'm done," Beth shouts. "Can you hear me? You're never gonna see your sons again!"

"What's going on?" Tim asks Beth. "Are you okay?"

"Mack's in there with some stripper whore," Beth sobs. "He's wasted out of his mind"

"What's going on?" Mirana asks Candace as Tim consoles Beth.

"Nothing. We're just hanging out," Candace replies.

"Get Mack," Tim says and Candace shakes her head.

"No, he's sleeping -- I think. I don't know! He won't talk to me," Candace replies.

"Open the door," Mirana says.

"No, I can't," Candace shakes her head

"Open-" Tim shakes his head in frustration. "Back up!"

Candace backs away and Tim slams his foot against the door. Mirana and Tim enter the room and Mirana is instantly at Mack's side, lowering her ear to his mouth.

"He's not breathing," Mirana says and Tim grabs his radio as Mirana pulls on gloves.

"What did you do?" Beth asks Candace accusingly.

"Nothing, we were just partying," Candace replies.

"Control, 7-Adam-19 send an RA to the Augustin Hotel, 9212 West 6th Street, Room 623. Adult male, possible OD," Tim says into his radio.

"Hey," Lucy walks into the room. "Narcan"

Tim catches the small tube that Lucy throws, spraying it up Mack's nose as Mirana continues compressions. The man takes a deep breath in and Tim sighs in relief.

"Is it pills?" Mirana asks Candace who nods.

"Why?" Beth asks.

"We need to make him puke," Mirana says. "Narcan will only last so long, we need to get some of it out of his system. Tim, help me get him seated"

Mirana takes a deep breath before she and Tim haul Mack into a seated position, kneeling behind him before she sticks her fingers down his throat. Mack jerks and gags around Mirana's fingers before he vomits. Mirana grimaces as she pulls her hand out of his mouth, patting his back as Mack gasps for air.

"You're all right, man," Tim says, crouching in front of Mack. "You're all right. I'm here, okay? Beth's here"

"Beth...baby..." Mack croaks as he slumps against Mirana who peels off her puke-covered gloves.

"I can't do this anymore," Beth shakes her head before she leaves the room.

"Wait, wait, wait. Come back. I love you," Mack calls after Beth.

"You said I was the one you loved," Candace says.

"Sweetheart, men lie," Mirana says, shaking her head. "You're a young, skinny blonde, of course, he's going to tell you that he loves you. What did he take?"

"These," Candace hands Mirana a pill bottle.

"Did he take these with booze?" Mirana asks.

"Yeah, he was drinking whiskey,"

"What have we got?" A paramedic asks as he walks in.

"A cocktail of oxycodone and whiskey," Mirana says, handing them the bottle. "He was unresponsive and not breathing when we arrived, we administered CPR and Narcan. He has vomited but we're not certain how much he's taken"

"Alright, thanks," The paramedic nods as Mirana walks into the bathroom to wash her hands and arms.

"Estas bien?" She asks Tim who's leaning in the doorway of the bathroom as she places her ring next to the sink.

"I have to report this," Tim sighs. "It's all on my bodycam so if I don't-"

"You could get demoted or lose your job," Mirana finishes as she washes up to her elbows.

"Covering for Isabel nearly destroyed me," Tim shakes his head. "I can't do that again"

Mirana turns off the faucet and dries her hands, her expression sympathetic as she looks at Tim. "I understand, Tim. You have to do what's right, even if it's difficult."

Tim nods, a weight in his chest. "I just wish it didn't always have to be this way."

"I know," Mirana says, reaching out to touch his arm. "But we're here to do our jobs and keep people safe, even when it's messy."

Tim exhales heavily, running a hand through his hair as Mirana slides her ring back on. "Yeah, you're right."

"Aren't I always?"

"Sure honey," Tim offers her a small smile as they watch Mack be wheeled away. "I'm about to cost him his whole career and his pension"

"If he went undercover like this, then he'd be killed," Mirana says. "You're keeping him alive"

Tim nods. "I know. It's just hard, you know? Seeing someone self-destruct like this."

"I know," Mirana says softly, squeezing his arm. "But sometimes, saving someone means forcing them to face the consequences of their actions."

Tim sighs, feeling conflicted. "I just hope he gets the help he needs."

"We did everything we could," Mirana reassures him, pressing a gentle kiss to his shoulder. "Now, let's focus on what we can control."

Tim nods. "You're right. Let's go handle this."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 5K 37
Have you ever thought, just maybe, you belong with me? siivermist © 2023/24. jj maybank x fem!oc...
11.2K 341 10
"You can't be saved now, darling." Bradford x Original Character x Nolan
7.9K 291 8
ੈ✩‧₊˚ 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 real and fake becomes hard to tell apart ᡣ𐭩 •。❪ fem!oc 𝒙 tim bradford ❫ ꪆৎ ˚❪ started. 11.02.24 ❫ 5th on #cops 6th on #lapd ...
30K 1.1K 12
Joy Nolan, daughter of John Nolan, flys out to LA with her dad when he makes his career change. While she's not interested in becoming a police offic...