Just Pretend

Od AliDarling_

Margo Brown, twenty five year old writer is desperate to pave her own path and to get out of her small town i... Více

Prologue
Chapter 1 - No Funny Business
Chapter 2 - Scooby Doo, Pancakes & Arcades
Chapter 3 - Noah?
Chapter 4 - Ambitious
Chapter 5 - The Show Must Go On
Chapter 6 - I'm Yours
Chapter 7 - We Happened
Chapter 8 - I Could Stay Like This Forever
Chapter 9 - No PDA In The Pool
Chapter 10 - That Boys In Fucking Love
Chapter 11 - More Than Like
Chapter 12 - Like Jellytots
Chapter 13 - I Love You
Chapter 14 - Beer Pong, Vampires & Tour Guides
Chapter 15 - Lets See Infinity Together
Chapter 16 - Living With Boys
Chapter 17 - Please Trust Me
Chapter 18 - S'mores, Big Tesco's & Canoodling
Chapter 19 - Churros & Ferris Wheels
Chapter 20 - Valentines Day
Chapter 21 - So Mar, Will You Move In With Me?
Chapter 22 - I Can't Lose Her
Chapter 24 - Starfish, Frozen Yogurt & Sadie
Chapter 25 - I Spy
Chapter 26 - Mario Kart, Fishing & Noahs Hoodie
Chapter 27 - Place Your Bets
Chapter 28 - "She's Smart As Hell Too, Which Is Fucking Hot"
Chapter 29 - Girls Are Fucking Weird
Chapter 30 - But You're My Favourite Mar
Chapter 31 - Please Don't Join Us
Chapter 32 - Forever, Truths & To Us
Chapter 33 - Vegas Baby!
Chapter 34 - Perfect. Always Perfect
Chapter 35 - We Brought Snacks
Chapter 36 - Five Tickets For A Funeral
Chapter 37 - American Boys
Chapter 38 - You Guys Should Be In A Band
Chapter 39 - Don't Scare The Fairies Away Noah
Chapter 40 - It's You
Chapter 41 - Always Entwined
Chapter 42 - Everything's Black
Chapter 43 - Y'all Gotta Chill
Chapter 44 - Just Us
Chapter 45 - Wheres Nick?
Chapter 46 - She's Gone
Chapter 47 - Mrs Noah Sebastian
Chapter 48 - We're Growing Up
Chapter 49 - Found Our Home
Chapter 50 - Emo Days Out

Chapter 23 - Welcome To The Boys Club

195 3 0
Od AliDarling_

"Morning, I made coffee it's in the pot. It's probably not as good as Noah's." I say to Folio as he shuffles into the kitchen.

I'm hunched over my laptop at the kitchen table, coffee to my left, half eaten toast to my right, "Mother Tongue" by Bring Me The Horizon playing quietly in the background.

"You're up early." Folio groggily replies, pouring himself a mug of coffee.

"I couldn't sleep." I say as I try to disguise a yawn.

"You wear glasses?" Folio asks taking a seat at the table across from me.

"Mhm, just for reading and writing, computer stuff. You doing much today?"

"Yeah I was gonna go fishing. How long you been up for?" Folio asks taking a sip of coffee.

"Since four? I'm not even sure." I push my glasses on top of my head and rub my eyes.

"Mar, go to bed. Try get some sleep. With all due respect you look wrecked."

"I can't sleep. I'm fine, honestly." Folio shrugs taking another sip of his coffee.

"Why can't you sleep? Bad dream?"

"Kinda. Last night spooked me. I tried to sleep. I think I managed a solid hour before I was awake again."

"Mar, you know that nothing's bad gonna happen to any of us right? Noah definitely won't let anything happen to you. You're his everything."

"I know but it's still scary. You guys are used to this stuff happening. I'm not." I take a sip of my coffee.

"I know. I promise nothing bad will happen. Anyways, how's it feel to officially live here with the best guys ever." I can't help but laugh.

"Unreal, a truly magical moment." I roll my eyes at Folio making him chuckle just as Noah joins us in the kitchen.

"Morning. Why you down here Mar? Couldn't you sleep?" Noah asks.

"Is it that obvious? Damn, I must look like shit." Noah plonks himself down on the seat next to me at the table.

"You just look tired baby." Noah says taking a sip of my coffee.

"We have cameras and stuff outside the house Mar, you don't need to be worried." Folio tries to reassure me.

"I know, I know. I'll be fine. Just isn't what you expect on a Tuesday night. Anyways, I wanna drive here so I think I'm gonna sit the test." I say making both the guys laugh.

"Is that what you've been thinking about the past two hours?" Folios laughing so hard he's almost crying.

"I had to do my research. I've done other things too. I've been very productive actually."

"What else have you done?" Noah asks.

"I've watched a couple of episodes of "It's Always Sunny", filled a basket of clothes I want on Disturbia and looked at places I want to travel to."

"Very productive." Noah agrees and Folio nods.

"Well guys I'm gonna head off. Welcome to The Boys Club Mar." Folio salutes as he leaves the kitchen.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Noah asks, as he gets up to make a fresh pot of coffee.

"I'd love to baby." I close down my laptop and clear up my mess.

"Baby, head up stairs. Leave your mug here and I'll bring you a fresh one up. Go choose a movie for us." Noah says as I bring my plate over to the sink, giving it a quick rinse leaving it on the rack to dry. I wrap my arms around Noah making him chuckle quietly. "Hey, what's up?"

"I'll come with you. I don't wanna be here by myself when you're away."

"Oh Mar..." Noah sighs and I look up at him.

"Please..."

"Ofcourse you can come. I want you to come. You'll love it baby." He kisses my forehead, both hands either side of my face.

We stay like that in the kitchen for at least another ten minutes, just us holding each other, no one wanting to move.

*

I wake up to Noah singing softly as he's playing his game.

"Hey." I croak pulling the blanket right up to my chin.

"Hey, I'm glad you finally got some sleep. How you feeling?" Noah asks pausing his game.

"I'm okay, are you feeling okay?" I ask and he nods. "What's the time?"

"Three, I think we're going out for drinks and dinner if you wanna come?" Noah offers.

"Yeah, if I'm invited that would be cool." I scoot closer to Noah and he wraps his arm around me.

"Ofcourse, it's to welcome you to "The Boys Club" or some shit." Noah laughs.

"Wonderful, can't wait. Do you know where we're going?" I ask and Noah shakes his head. "I'm gonna get a shower." I say pushing the blanket off of me.

"Stay in bed a little while longer." Noah says kissing me gently pulling me back into him.

"I love it when you sing." I whisper into Noah's top making him chuckle. "I know lots of people do, but I fucking love it when you don't even realise you're doing it and you do it so fucking well. You're incredible Noah."

"I love you."

Ten seconds.

That's how long it takes. His lips on mine, my night shirt off, I'm pulling off his shorts.

"Fuck Noah..." I moan as I pull his top over his head. Everything's so rushed, hungry. His breathing heavy, his hands make their way all over my body.

"I need you. I'll always need you." Noah whispers into my ear, I feel him against me.

"I'll always need you too baby..."

*

"Who's round is it now?" Nick asks scanning the table. I think we're on everyone's second time to buy a round.

"Dude it's yours." Jolly laughs.

"No fucking way, I just bought." Nick replies his voice a pitch or two higher than usual.

"Yeah dude, it is." Folio backs Jolly up, Nick looks between the two of them in absolute disbelief.

"Nah. The fuck. I'll buy this round if someone else buys shots?" Nick wriggles his eyebrows.

"I'll buy y'all shots." Noah laughs standing up just as Nick does.

"Good ol' reliable Noah." I hear Nick say as they head towards to bar.

"This bars kinda cool." I say to Folio and Jolly.

It's not too busy but has a good vibe. There's booths along the walls with a couple of tables closer to the bar. Random neon signs are hung up on the walls and a mix of music plays through out the bar, although there is a karaoke machine in the corner of the dance floor area.

"Yeah, this place is always a good choice." Folio says and he spins the beer coaster. "Just wait until Nick is really drunk, he'll be at that karaoke machine and we'll all be in for a treat." Folio laughs.

"Oh god, let's not put those ideas in his head." Jolly continues just as Noah and Nick sit down with even more drinks.

Noah hands me my drink as the boys drink their shots without even a second thought.

"Are you having fun?" Noah asks a glint in his eye.

"Yeah, I'm having a great time. Are you?" I ask and Noah nods. "Oh my god I love this song." I say as "Perfect" by Mason and Princess Superstar plays.

"Who doesn't." Noah laughs nodding towards the dance floor as it starts to fill up with people.

This is when I miss having my girls nearby as we would be on that dance floor within the first two beats of the song dancing with everyone else, not giving a fuck who sees us.

Noah sees me looking at the dance floor and sighs.

"Do you wanna dance?" He asks and I laugh.

"No, it's okay."

"C'mon, I wanna dance." Noah takes my hand and we start dancing, I can't help but smile.

"You're so fucking cute." I tell him just as I notice Jolly, Folio and Nick joining us. They all start dancing, although dancing might be a bit too generous of a word.

The song changes to "Spice Up Your Life" by The Spice Girls and I genuinely can't stop laughing to how the guys are going harder for this song than the last. Once the songs over we make our way back to the table.

"More drinks!" Nick declares. "Who's round is it now?" He looks straight at me, knowing it's my round.

"I got you, I got you. Just the same as before?" I ask and they all nod.

"I'll help." Noah says and heads up to the bar with me.

"Thank you." I smile as we approach the bar.

"Anytime." Noah smiles back.

"I'm not on about the drinks." I tell him and his smile grows.

"I know. Like I said, anytime." Noah winks at me and I feel my cheeks turning red.

The bar tender comes over and takes our order, stacking two trays full of shots. The guy behind the bar gets to talking with Noah about the band and I gently stroke Noah's arm to let him know I'm making my way back over to the table.

As I walk back over to the table slowly with the tray, careful not to spill any as some guy walks up towards me.

"Hey, I didn't know they had shot girls here now." He slurs his words and I look up at him in disgust.

"Umm? I don't work here, they're for my friends. Now if you'll excuse me." I try to keep my cool and continue to walk towards the table slightly faster than before.

"Damn, if your friends look and sound as cute as you I'm coming with you." He tells me and I roll my eyes picking up the pace again.

Just as I approach the table with a clear look of "help me" on my face the drunk guy slaps my ass. I see the guys eyes widen just before I put the tray down on the table. I slam the drinks down and whip round to look at this ass hole.

"Don't you fucking dare put your hands on me you fucking creature. Now fuck off down the hole you crawled out of." I hiss at him just as Jolly stands up indicating for the guy to back off.

"Woah, feisty. This your boyfriend?" The drunk guy points at Jolly with a smirk.

"No, now fuck off before I cut your dick off and ram it down your own throat." I'm pissed. It's fucking gross that people really think they can touch someone they don't know without consent.

"So no boyfriend." The guy laughs.

"No I'm her boyfriend. Now fuck off, cunt. You fucking come near her again and her threats won't be the only thing you need to worry about." Noah growls, his southern accent clearly stronger than usual. The guy spins around staring straight into Noah's chest. "Up here dude." Noah glares and the guy takes two steps back.

"Uh..."

"Fucking dumbass." Noah laughs spitefully and wraps his arms around me.

"Off you fuck." Nick chuckles and the guy finally backs off, not before calling me a slut under his breath.

"Are you okay?" Noah whispers into my ear and I nod.

"Guys fucking suck." I reply and the boys nod.

"I've never seen you pissed off before." Noah says, arms still wrapped around me.

"I don't generally get pissed off or raise my voice but that guy was a fucking creep and I will not have someone fucking touch me like that when it's not fucking wanted. It's disgusting."

"I'm sorry." Noah whispers and I turn around to look at him.

"It's not your fault." I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him gently.

"I'm sorry too, we should have done more." Folio says and again the boys nod.

"It's alright guys. Anyways I clearly can hold my own." I joke as Noah and I take a seat against at the table.

"Clearly, "cut your dick off and ram it down your own throat." Nice one. I'm stealing that." Nick laughs.

"No! Calling him a creature and then telling him to fuck off down the hole he crawled out of was wild." Folio chuckles.

"Damn, they're both so good. Shame I missed it, although he wouldn't have even got the fucking chance if I was with you." Noah states as I turn to face him.

"Thanks, I think so too. What the fuck by the way, you're so southern when you're pissed off." I smirk at Noah and he shrugs.

"No more southern charm when I'm fucked off, especially when they've disrespected my fucking girl." Noah says and protectively wraps his arm around me then kisses my temple.

"Cheers to doing more about shitty men." Jolly holds up his glass.

"Cheers." We chant back and our glasses clink against each other's.

"Let's not let it ruin our night, I'm almost ready to do karaoke." Nick grins.

"Lucky us." Jolly rolls his eyes. "Maybe this time he'll pick something other than "Dancing Queen."

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.4K 35 13
You are the perfect senator's daughter- next in line to become his aide to learn everything about the Galactic Senate. But on your 21st birthday, you...
15.5K 407 65
If we're drowning in toxicity, will love be enough?
57.5K 2.1K 47
Faith is the youngest of the Folio family, she's grown up around her brother and his friends, supported him with everything he has done and accomplis...
20.4K 676 32
[[BOOK 2]] Noah thought he had seen the last of Veronica after she up and left without a trace while he was on tour. But one drunken encounter prove...