One Night Changed Everything...

By NeenaDiHope

A Wangxian Modern AU πŸ”ž In the virtual realms of online creativity, Wuxi (Wei Wuxian) thrives as a recently s... More

Author's Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
Author's Update
45
46
47
48
Author's Update

13

217 34 15
By NeenaDiHope

Wei Wuxian is sitting in class listening to a lecture on plagiarism and pirating other artists' work when his instructor receives a note telling him to report to the Dean's office.

He collects his belongings since class is just about over anyway and goes to the office, he stops at the woman sitting outside of the office "Hello, I was told to report to the Dean's office. My name is Wei Wuxian."

She half sneers at him and motions him to go in, he knocks on the door and waits for a disembodied voice to tell him to enter. He walks into the office timidly and looks around at the plush office, filled with dark wood and leather, a distinguished man sits behind the desk looking at him.

"Come in and have a seat, Mr. Wei," the stern-looking man says.

He walks slowly to the chair across from the man and sits down, confusion written clearly on his expressive face.

"I called you in here Mr. Wei because I think it's past time to have a conversation about your situation." He says displeasure radiating from the man.

"I don't understand what you mean Dean Lan, what situation are you talking about?" he says truly confused by what the Dean is talking about.

"We do not think that it is appropriate for you to continue your education at this institution, with your current delicate condition we feel it would be best, it would not be good for the image of our students as a whole, it is just not the kind of image we want to be portrayed of our students. I have spoken with your guardian, and we have agreed to terminate your student status as of today." He looks haughty in his redress of Wei Wuxian.

Flabbergasted Wuxi can do nothing but sit there for a few minutes processing what he was just told, he finally comes to his senses "You mean you are kicking me out of school because I am pregnant?"

Choosing his words carefully Dean Lan sneers looking him up and down "No, not entirely however as your condition progresses, we feel that this is not the best environment for you to be in. You have finished your finals and the semester is ending so we think now is the best time to terminate your attendance here. I would recommend you agree and leave without causing any disturbances, I would hate to have to add to your permanent record that you are an unruly student which could cause you to have admittance issues if you chose to continue your education at another institution. Now would be as good a time as any to leave campus before classes end for the day. If you will please turn in your student I.D. and student food pass please."

Wuxi in a daze hands the items over without saying a word, the Dean takes the items and puts them in his desk drawer then looks at him folding his hands on the desk in front of him "You are dismissed Mr. Wei, I wish you luck in your future endeavors."

He gets up and leaves the office, he walks zombie-like to the parking area and gets in his car. He drives without realizing where he is going until he parks, looks out the window and sees his uncle's mansion. His haze turns to anger and he gets out of the SUV, slamming the door behind him and walks into the house.

He slams the door open and yells "Where are you?"

His chest is heaving with pent-up anger and he yells again into the mansion his voice echoing off the marble walls and floors. "Where are you?" 

Madam Yu comes storming into the room her face filled with rage at seeing Wuxi standing in her home yelling "Who in the hell do you think you are yelling in my home like you still live here? Huh?"

She marches up to him and he rears back and slaps her "Fuck you! I fucking hate you, you evil bitch." He screams in her face as she holds her throbbing cheek, shocked that he dared to actually hit her.

Fengmian and Jia Li come running when they hear the commotion just in time to see Wuxi slap her again "You vindictive bitch, what did I ever do to you huh? You have always been so vicious to me, hitting me when no one was looking, not letting me eat because I was such a bad child, saying mean and hateful things to me every day I lived in this wretched house and now you get me kicked out of school? You ruined my chances of getting an education? WHY? WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE YOUR HATE?" he screams in her face causing her self-preservation instincts to kick in so she tries to move away from him.

Fengmian and Jia Li are both frozen in shock at the scene playing out before them. Fengmian recovers first and quickly gets between his wife and Wuxi and tries to defuse the situation "AXian what's going on? Why are you so mad and why are you hitting Madam?"

He sneers at Fengmian "Why don't you ask your viper of a wife Uncle? Since she is the one sabotaging my fucking life."

He turns to Madam Yu "What is going on?"

She holds her cheek and says nothing, she just looks at Wuxi with hate and rage burning in her eyes. Fengmian turns back to Wuxi "AXian calm down and tell me what happened."

He points angrily towards Madam Yu "She spoke to the Dean and now I am kicked out of school because I'm pregnant, I can no longer attend classes or get my degree."

Fengmian turns wide eyes to Madam Yu "Is this true?"

She scoffs "The Dean called me I didn't call him, he didn't want him and his wickedness degrading the school's reputation and asked if he could remove him from attending, I agreed because I wouldn't want someone willing to lay with some filthy wild man and get pregnant with their baby around the good and wholesome students if I were him either. He is not worthy to be with students who comport themselves with dignity unlike him, spreading his legs so easily, he's just trash that needs to be taken out."

Wuxi takes a step towards her, his fists clenched, chest still heaving in anger, speaking through clenched teeth "I was drugged and taken advantage of you viperous bitch. No one would bother to let me explain that though before you all looked down on me and made me leave my home, did you? Every one of you took her side and allowed her to do whatever she wanted to me for years and did nothing about it."

He takes a deep breath, tears streaming down his cheeks "All of you can go to hell for all I care, don't contact me, don't call me, don't try to come to MY home because right now I don't want to see any of you. I'm glad you kicked me out, at least now I can walk around my home and not have to worry about your poisonous words spewing from your hateful mouth every time I see you. At least now I can eat what I want when I want without having to go hungry because you decided to be extra bitchy that day. At least now I don't have someone hitting me where no one will see the bruises so that you have a punching bag to take out your anger on." He sneers at her and looks at the others in the room.

Fengmian's face had gone pale and his eyes wide at hearing the confession AXian had just thrown out for everyone to witness. His sister just stands there a blank expression on her face, he scoffs "Don't tell me none of you realized what was going in right under your noses?" He sneers again "How fucking pathetic."

He turns to see Jiang Cheng and Yanli both standing there in the entryway, by the looks on their faces they heard most of it, Yanli has tears streaming down her face and Jiang Cheng looks horrified. He storms out the door pushing past them in his haste to leave, gets into his car and drives a few miles down the road before he has to pull over, his hands shaking so badly that he can no longer drive safely and breaks down, releasing all of the hurt and torment he has been feeling for so long. He lays his head on the steering wheel and stays like that for a long time until he hears a soft knock on his window. He lifts his head and turns to the window with red swollen eyes and sees Carmen standing there, he opens the door and falls into her arms, his tears falling harder as his broken heart bleeds out the tears he has been holding back for so long.

She holds him for a while before she motions for the security detail that called her, to pick him up and put him in the back of the SUV, she gets in with him holding him as one of his security drives them to his house. They take him inside and lay him down on his bed while Carmen strokes his hair and mothers him until he falls asleep. She watches over him until she sees he is deeply sleeping and leaves the room.

She walks up to one of the security guards "What happened to him?"

He explains what happened, they followed him into the house but stayed back and let him do what he needed to. They watched over him until he pulled over and worried, they called her to calm him down before he had any problems with his pregnancy. She nods thanking them then calls someone "I need all of the information you can get about the Jiangs and everyone who lives in their home. I want backgrounds on each one, in full detail and I want it now."

She hangs up, her anger rising as she thinks back to how she found him and how upset he was, and more so when she recalls what his security recounted what they had heard in the Jiang house. She walks into his room and checks on him and sees he is sleeping soundly, which he needs after such a stressful interaction. His body needs to calm down so that he doesn't have any complications with the babies. She moves some of his hair off of his forehead and sighs softly. He looks so familiar to her but she just can't seem to figure out why. She pulls the comforter up and tucks it around him then leaves the room and makes herself a cup of tea as she waits for the information she asked for to arrive.

An hour later she has a folder in her hands and is pouring over the information. She reads the details about each Jiang family member, and when she gets to the wards of the Jiang's she gasps. Her eyes widen and tears spring to her eyes, she looks toward the room where Wuxi is sleeping and then back down at the paper with a photo attached to the top of it. She caresses the photo fondly as a tear drops to her cheek and slips down to dangle from her jaw. "Oh, Cangse my beautiful, sweet friend." She whispers as another tear drops to her cheek.

She looks at the picture of her childhood friend, her heart aching knowing that she will never see her beautiful face again or hear her infectious laughter. "My friend how I have missed you, I will watch over your children and make sure they are safe and happy. I wish I had known you married and had children I would have watched over them for you. I'm so sorry we lost touch so many years ago but I never stopped thinking of you, my wonderful friend." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 115K 92
"Why do i have an arranged marriage?! I know! I'm going to run away!" With this, Wei Ying left on his journey to find his destiny, trying to escape f...
256K 25.6K 60
"I will wait for you at dusk. I will come to you at dawn." An epic love story that starts 4 centuries ago with a promise that is left un...
211K 13.9K 57
Lan Wangji is a famous bad boy; an engineering student with a love for racing and bikes. He's a charismatic, rich and cocky alpha male who makes head...
151K 7.5K 43
*completed* What if after 10 years of their marriage Wei Ying died. Having no golden core he cannot live long with his husband Lan Zhan. Devastated...