Divergent, Eric: When She Came

Od BookWormAtWork

Cassidy Thompson is from the Outside. Outside as in BEYOND THE FENCE. She stumbles into an unknown world, a d... Více

Author's Note
Prologue.
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty One.
Chapter Twenty Two.
Chapter Twenty Three.
Chapter Twenty Four.
Chapter Twenty Five.
Chapter Twenty Six.
Chapter Twenty Seven.
Chapter Twenty Eight.
Chapter Twenty Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty One.
Chapter Thirty Two.
Chapter Thirty Three.
Chapter Thirty Four.
Chapter Thirty Six.
Chapter Thirty Seven.
Chapter Thirty Eight.
Chapter Thirty Nine.
Chapter Forty.
Chapter Forty One.
Chapter Forty Two.
Chapter Forty Three.
Chapter Forty Four.
Chapter Forty Five.
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight.

Chapter Thirty Five.

2.3K 68 2
Od BookWormAtWork

Chapter Thirty Five.

My fingers fumbled to the off button. I don't think I could read another one of Natalie's entries.

Was Natalie even her real name?

I might know them. Natalie's words filter through my mind when I was hesitant in telling her and Tris my secret.

She came from the outside. But I thought she generally meant from inside the city. Not beyond it.

I bit my lip, looking up and around the room. Tris had laid in her bed, staring at the ceiling, deep within thought.

"Tris?" I called, stunned that my mum, the part I never knew about, knew Tris's mum. And yet we never knew of each other's existence.

What a complicated world this is.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think my mum's journal is still at the boat?" I asked, standing up and placing the glass onto Tris's bed. Her bed and Four's were pressed together to make a double bed.

"I have no idea. Maybe David or Matthew picked it up?" She suddenly jumped to her feet and stalked towards the door.

When she saw me not coming, she gave me a look that made me scurry after her.

***

I followed Tris down many corridors. Passing many doors and many people. The Alliance.

She turned down a long corridor, the glass securely in her hold and stopped at a door. She pushed it open.

A man sat behind the desk. His name was Matthew.

"Tris!" Matthew exclaimed, typing viciously for a couple seconds before saving what he had written. When he realised she wasn't alone, his eyes practically bulged out of his head.

"Whoa..." He said breathlessly. "You look exactly like Elizabeth." I bit my lip in discomfort. "I'm taking it you want to know about your mother, uh..."

"Cassie." I filled in. "Yeah I am, actually. Do you have any of my mum's entries? A journal, perhaps?"

Matthew looked over at Tris, who decided to start reading another one of her own mother's entries. He looked back at me and nodded slowly.

"I'm not sure if its still in here, or if David has it. He usually takes your mother's journal to read." Matthew jumped up and opened another door. He stepped inside, then I heard metal banging on metal before he stepped out again: a glass piece in his hand.

He outstretched it towards me.

I thanked him, taking the glass in my hand and Tris lead us back to our dorm suite.

Back on my bed, cross legged, I switched on the glass where my fingers became to shake and my hands began to clam up.

Butterflies fluttered in my stomach- excuse me, bats swarmed in my stomach. Do I dare read what my mother's childhood was like?

I read the first entry, which didn't have much. Just how she ran into the Alliance, and she met Natalie.

Entry 2, Day 60.

It's getting hard to sneak out to the boat. Dauntless are seriously getting tougher on their warriors.

I almost got caught. A day after my first entry. I was so close to getting busted. So close, but they didn't find out because I gave a lie. A pathetic one might I add. All I said was that I dropped some samples for the Matthews.

She got put in Erudite? Did that mean she was smart? Or was her results altered?

The first week after my previous entry, I got closer to Jeanine Matthews. She is so strange: constantly wanting to know more. She's worse than her parents.

The second week, Jeanine begged her parents for me to stay over. I lied saying that I needed her help in solving some problems. She fell for it deeply.

When we were nearly finished, I told Jeanine I needed a drink. So I went to the kitchen: but I heard voices coming from their office. Their door was slightly open, so I listened in. I tried to remember what they said word for word, so its pretty much what they were talking about: Divergents.

They said more Divergents are becoming common. Some are getting more powerful. Powerful I presume that they are getting more resistant to their serums. Mr. Matthews said more are coming from Abnegation.

He said he knows this because of the Aptitude Test Results.

He said he was planning on making a list and killing them one by one. To get them to come to Erudite, he said that they're going to send a letter: saying that the serum they've used wasn't the right batch, and that they need to retake their Test.

What a bastard.

Luckily, David has altered my results from being Divergent, to Erudite. I don't need to worry. Natalie says she's going to transfer from Dauntless to Abnegation. She really likes this lad. I forgot his name. Something Prior.

She says she's going to stay in contact. But it will be difficult. The Faculty is being tough on both of us.

The third week, I kept my ears and eyes open. I notice a lot less Abnegation is around now. All Factions are worried. Parents are like a blank canvas. They are giving no sign that their Divergent child is dead.

The last week, it feels like something has changed. I'm not sure what but I know something has changed. Something in the atmosphere has shifted. Something's wrong. Something bad is going to happen.

The Matthews are suddenly being quiet in their work: Jeanine barely speaks of her doings within the Faction, which is totally opposite of what I'm used to. Something's changed.

I'll see if I can find out by my next entry.

I bit my lip. My mum and that monster were friends? How did this all happen? She leaves and suddenly I find it God knows how long later?

What made her leave?

The next entry said that she found out what was wrong. They were killing Divergents. They were 'dangerous' and 'powerful', they said.

But Divergents are the exact opposite: they were the key. Divergent is how the whole experiment city found out about life beyond the fence.

Who even started the rumour that the Divergent are dangerous? Just because someone can't control that individual's mind doesn't mean they are dangerous.

Well, they can if you can't control them to make them do what you want them to do. Then they could be dangerous.

But not as dangerous and Tris, Four and I.

I switched off the screen, thinking about how my life has been turned up side down since I've stepped foot in the fence.

I've drank alcohol. I've nearly gotten killed several times (nearly getting chucked over the Chasm bridge and shot many times, capture the flag or not) and I've had a one night stand which lead me to being pregnant.

I've made friends that I wouldn't trade the world for, and I've been arrested by Erudite (does that even count?), became stronger physically and mentally and I've done dangerous things that Outside Cassie wouldn't even dream of doing.

I've changed.

This city has changed me.

"The guys should be back from their trip." Tris spoke up, walking towards my bed. "Are you coming?"

I nodded and followed Tris out the room.

When we were near the entrance, I saw the tall water statue that I've barely taken notice since I've first walked this building.

Uriah was there. He was by a wall, leaning against it with his arms crossed. It looks like he was waiting for somebody.

"Uriah!" Tris called. He looked up and smiled.

He spotted me and he waved to both of us.

Someone called for Tris, she stopped and turned to find out who called her: Matthew. I walked over to Uriah.

"Hey." I said. "Are you waiting for someone?"

Uriah nodded, rubbing a hand through his hair. "Good afternoon. Yeah, I am. Have you seen Christina? I need to tell her something."

"No I haven't, but I'll tell her you're looking for her if I see her. Have you tried-?" I didn't get to finish, because the wall we were stood besides exploded and my body was flung backwards with Uriah's.

And the last thing I remember was someone calling out my name as my head connected to the floor.

Hello Little Outsiders!

I would just like to say a big THANK YOU to all of those who have stuck around this far, and spammed me with comments and votes and even following me!

But sadly, this Friday (UK time) I am off on another holiday! And I won't be able to update for another week! *cries*

I promise that I'll upload on Friday, and hey! I might update TWO chapters!

See you Friday Chappies!

C.I.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

956K 21.8K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
187K 18.9K 24
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
240K 8.5K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1.1M 20.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...