FINE LINE - T. BRADFORD

By EstellaNovella

"You sunshine, you temptress" Tim Bradford x OC (Season 1 - 4x01) More

CAST
Playlist
PART ONE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
PART TWO
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
PART THREE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24

49

7K 248 26
By EstellaNovella

"God, now I'm wishing today was my test," Mirana says.

"Best case scenario, it's tomorrow's problem," Tim says.

"I'm not going to acknowledge worst case," Mirana shakes her head as Tim knocks on the door.

"Police,"

"Took you long enough. Bag's in here," Pete says, leading them into his house.

"Sir, we're here about the bus you took from Phoenix," Tim says, following Pete into his bedroom.

"No kidding. I called you about the bag,"

"And what bag is that?" Tim asks.

"I thought it was mine on the bus. I picked it up by accident," Pete says. "Noticed as soon as I got home. Called right away. Still took you guys like six hours to get here"

"Uh, sir, we're not here about a bag," Tim says.

"So you don't have mine?" Pete asks.

"No,"

"Damn it," Pete says. "My computer's in there. I went through this one looking for an address and all I found was some weird science equipment"

Tim glances at Mirana who nods, grabbing her radio.

"Control, this is 7-Adam-19. Patch me into task force"

"Sir, did you touch anything in there?" Tim asks.

"Yeah, I cut my finger going through it looking for an address. Some kind of broken vial. Won't stop bleeding," Pete says.

"Tim, is everything alright?" Mirana asks, leaning against the doorframe.

"Yeah. Just stay out there," Tim says.

Pete begins to cough and Mirana watches as droplets of blood fly out of his mouth landing on Tim. Mirana's eyes widen as she begins to move forward but Tim is quicker and he slams the door in her face.

"Task force be advised, Officer Tim Bradford may have been infected by a suspected case," Mirana says into the radio.

"Copy that, CDC is en route to your location,"

"Everything all right out there, Mirana?" Tim asks.

"CDC's on their way," Mirana says. "You need to come out of that room"

"You know I can't do that," Tim replies.

"Tim-"

"Everything's gonna be fine Mira," Tim says. "Okay?"

"Okay," Mirana replies but Tim knows she didn't believe it and he didn't either.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Mirana looks up from her position on the couch when Doctor Morgan and her team enter the house.

"Officer Cabrera, you want to tell me what happened?"

"The passenger picked up the wrong bag on the bus and cut his finger on a vial he found in there. I think the virus was in it because it was bleeding a lot for a small cut. He coughed up blood on Tim," Mirana's eyes move to the team members who are sealing up the door. "We need to get them out of there, not lock them in"

"We will. But first we have to establish a proper quarantine. Did any blood get on you?"

"I don't think so," Mirana shakes her head. "I was in the doorway, I think the blood all landed on Tim. He immediately closed the door"

"Smart man," Doctor Morgan nods before moving to the door. "Officer Bradford, this is Dr. Morgan from the CDC"

"Hey, Doc," Tim calls back.

"How you doing?"

"Fine. But Mr. Langston's struggling a little," Tim says.

"Can you describe his condition?" Doctor Morgan asks.

"Yeah. He, uh, started coughing blood about 20 minutes ago. Now he's got a pretty wicked nosebleed," Tim replies.

"Why aren't they coming in? Where's my ambulance?" Pete's voice sounds out.

"It'll be here any minute. Just stay put. Save your energy," Tim says.

"Where's the vaccine?" Mirana asks.

"Still in the air. Should land in the next hour or so,"

"If Tim's not infected now, he could be in an hour!" Mirana exclaims. "He could die!"

"Quarantine rules exist for a reason. Officer Bradford, do you mind if I put you to work while you wait?"

"You want to know what's in the bag?" Tim asks.

"Yes, I do," Doctor Morgan replies.

"Copy that. Uh, Mir- Cabrera, I'm gonna turn on my body cam. You can monitor it from out there,"

"Okay," Mirana replies, pulling out her phone. "Do not touch anything in that bag even with gloves on"

"Yes ma'am,"

Mirana opens the app on her phone before she begins to watch the body cam feed on the small screen.

"All right. Here we go," Tim says.

"Wait, wait. What is that bottle?" Doctor Morgan asks.

"Looks like the delivery device. It's a misting fan," Tim says.

"I think you're right. Looks like there's a growth medium inside the bottle. Add the virus to it, then spray it in a crowd. Droplets land on people's faces, infect them through their mouth and nose. It's as low tech as you can get," Morgan grabs her radio. "It's Dr. Morgan. I know how they're planning to disperse the virus"

"No sign of any I.D. or target information,"

Tim's body cam moves to show a reflection in the mirror. Mirana's eyes widen when she spots Langston charging at Tim with a chair.

"TIM! TIM, LOOK OUT!" Mirana shouts through the door.

A loud thud sounds from inside the room and Mirana bangs on the door.

"Tim! Tim, are you okay? Hey, answer me,"

"It's okay! I'm okay!" Tim replies and Mirana sighs in relief. "Well, that was fun"

"Are you sure you're okay?" Mirana asks.

"Kind of depends on your definition of the word,"

"You need to get that vaccine here right now," Mirana says to Morgan.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Mirana leans her head against the door as she brings her knees to her chest.

"Hey, I, uh I just checked with Dr. Morgan. The vaccine's minutes away," Mirana says and Tim chuckles.

"You know, you're good at a lot of things Mira," Tim says. "Lying to me isn't one of them"

"It appears so," Mirana says. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm sweating like a pig," Tim replies. "But it's probably because it's 100 degrees in this room"

"No hemorragia?" Mirana asks.

"No,"

"I believe it's going to be okay Tim, you're going to be okay," Mirana states.

"I'm sure you do. But if it isn't -"

"It has to be," Mirana says. "I can't-"

"If it isn't, I'm not going out the way my man Pete here just did," Tim says.

"What are you saying?" Mirana asks.

"When the time comes I'm going out on my own terms,"

"So you want me to sit here and listen to you dispara a ti mismo?" Mirana sniffles quietly, wiping the tears from her face. "Because I am not leaving until you're out of this room"

"Hey don't cry," Tim says. "I thought you said you believed it was all going to be okay?"

"It will,"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Doctor Morgan enters the room with a small package and heads towards the bedroom door.

"Please tell me that's the vaccine,"

"Yes, it is, just take a step back, you've not got any protective gear," Morgan says and Mirana nods, taking a step back. "Officer Bradford, it's time to let me in"

Tim cracks open the door, his eyes flickering to Mirana who is biting her lip as she leans against a wall.

"Hey,"

"Hey, Doc," Tim says, staring at Mirana's smudged mascara.

"We got it. How are you feeling?" Morgan asks Tim.

"Not bad, all things considered,"

"Good," Morgan says. "You're right at the edge of what we think is the incubation window. So the fact that you're not showing any symptoms doesn't suck. But we're gonna give you this vaccine just to make sure"

Mirana turns her head away, her face paling slightly when the Doctor injects Tim with the vaccine needle.

"It's experimental, right?" Tim asks.

"That's correct," Doctor Morgan nods. "So we're just gonna have to wait and see what happens. Maybe nothing. Maybe you grow horns. But for now, I'd say you might've dodged a bullet,"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Mirana emerges from the decontamination tent in a fresh uniform. She spots her fellow rookies and their T.O.s and she offers them a smile as she approaches.

"I heard you all saved the day," Mirana says.

"We're just glad you're okay," Nolan says, squeezing Mirana's shoulder.

"I'm glad to see you all are okay too," Mirana replies.

"How's Tim?" Angela asks.

"He's made four different inappropriate jokes about the decontamination process," Mirana replies. "So I think he's okay"

"That's good news," Lucy smiles at her.

"What now?" Jackson asks.

"24-hour observation at the CDC,"

Tim emerges from the tent, escorted by two people in hazmat suits, and heads for their vehicle.

"I'll bet my pension he just told doctors Tim Bradford does not ride in a wheelchair." Angela teases.

"Only way I'm leavin' out of here is on my own two feet," Bishop adds.

"Don't you guys have paperwork to finish?" Tim retorts and Mirana rolls her eyes fondly.

"He's back," Mirana says.

"Yeah, he is," Angela agrees.

"So stubborn," Bishop says.

Tim's steps slow, he stands for a moment, then falls to the ground, unconscious, as the med team jump to help him and his fellow officers rush forward.

"Officer Bradford!"

"TIM!"

"We need an ambulance!"

"Tim, what happened?"

"What's wrong?"

"Everyone, stay back."

"Tim!"

"Somebody call help"

Managing to get past the hazmat people, Mirana drops to her knees next to Tim's unconscious body, her hands resting on his face.

"Tim, hey, Tim?" Mirana calls.

Tim's breathing is laboured and Mirana gently pries his mouth open, shining her flashlight in his mouth. The woman flinches when Tim coughs in her face as he tries to breathe.

"Anything in here that will react badly with Epinephrine?" Mirana asks Doctor Morgan.

"No," The Doctor replies. "Why?"

"He's gone into anaphylaxis," Mirana says.

"Did he cough on your face?" Morgan asks.

"Yes, give me the vaccine once I've saved his life," Mirana replies, pulling one of her EpiPens from Tim's pocket.

She uncaps it and closes her eyes as she jabs it into Tim's thigh.

"In the ambulance Officer Cabrera," Doctor Morgan says and Mirana nods, climbing in.

She takes Tim's hand into her own, the second EpiPen ready as Doctor Morgan readies her dose of the vaccine.

"Are these EpiPens yours?" Doctor Morgan asks.

"Yeah," Mirana nods.

"What allergy?"

"Nuts," Mirana replies. "Is it safe for me to have the vaccine?"

"Yes,"

Mirana covers her eyes as Doctor Morgan readies the vaccine. Her face is pale and slightly green.

"Seriously?" Doctor Morgan asks.

"Look, we all have fears," Mirana says. "If I do not cover my eyes, I will throw up all over Tim"

"Please don't do that," Tim croaks causing Mirana to look down at him in surprise.

"How many times have I saved your life now?" Mirana teases before gasping as the needle enters her arm.

"She's gonna throw up," Tim informs Doctor Morgan who hands Mirana a bucket.

Mirana lifts the bucket up as she heaves into it. Tim places a comforting hand on her thigh as she heaves.

"What happened?" Tim asks Mirana.

"You had an allergic reaction," Mirana croaks out, her voice echoey due to her face being in the bucket. "Luckily I recognised the signs and saved your life"

"Why did you need the vaccine?" Tim asks.

"Because you coughed in her face," Doctor Morgan says. "So Officer Cabrera will be joining you in your quarantine"

The ambulance comes to a stop but minutes later gunfire begins to ring through the air.

"Stay here," Tim says to Mirana who opens her mouth to protest. "We don't know if you're going to have a reaction to the vaccine yet"

Tim throws open the back door of the ambulance, holding onto the top of the frame as he fires his gun. Shooting the woman before climbing out of the ambulance.

"Superman who?" Mirana croaks from where her head is still hanging over the bucket.

"Keep your head in the bucket,"

"Sir, yes, sir,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.5K 755 44
OC x Arizona Robbins Season 1 - ? Slow burn
71.5K 2.9K 28
can we begin again? ( mike munroe x oc ) ( until dawn )
12.6K 371 10
"You can't be saved now, darling." Bradford x Original Character x Nolan
51.4K 1.3K 17
"I would do anything for you." "Now see, I heard you say that exact line to a potato chip last night, so forgive me for not jumping for joy at the se...