✧𝓓𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰✧

By __valeria_rose__

"I am obsessed with you." Her desire-filled voice echoed in the eery silence of the dark room. "That makes tw... More

Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44

Chapter-36

8 1 0
By __valeria_rose__

Leon POV

"Mom it's getting late!" I call  out slipping into my fur coat as I my phone tinged notifying that the cab has arrived already.

Just as I was about to call her once more mom walked towards me "Let's go."

Locking the door, we exited the building premises, getting into the cab.

"It's too cold, isn't it?" I hear mom sayin for which I nod as I thought to myself how much my girl would enjoy this weather.

It has been four days now since her exams started and as I did not want to disturb her, I did not call or text her often. However she was too sweet and considerate to just let me be. So she made sure to text me and keep me updated even though she felt too drained to do so, proving me again and again how lucky I am to have her in my life as my lover. My girlfriend. I could never be tired of gushing over that fact. Never.

"They better not disappoint the audience this time." I nod at her statement.

"Last time was such a disaster right mom? How could they just cut the show in middle of the play and wrap it up like that?" I voice out. Last year the play was stopped abruptly and after that there was no explanation or reasoning given for that. And honestly we all thought there won't be anymore shadow plays, especially next year itself. But there was a surprise event arranged and announced just two days ago.

It was arranged as a complementary show to make up for the last year's unfortunate event. Of course they would. It was an authentic Japanese shadow plays with hand made puppets used in it. It had high demand in foreign countries a sit would be hosted once every year during february.

And mom was a die-hard fan of it. A long time fan actually. 

So when she heard the news of the complementary show, she was naturally excited and wanted to go. Usually every year she would go with her friends and would take me with her some times as a tag along like last year but wanting to build a strong bonding between us this time she denied all their invitations and asked only me to accompany her and I was more than glad to do so.

After about twenty-five minutes of ride we reached the huge arena for the show and it was late evening the weather was getting colder by the minute but that did not stop the hundreds of people pooling the place ,showing how much the show was adored by the people.

"Woah they have arranged it so beautifully. They really have gone all in this time. If the show also turns out to be a hit, then the last year's event would be forgotten like it never existed at all."  commented as we walked towards her booked seats.

"Definitely." The whole place was designed in a ocean theme giving us a hint about what might the show be based upon.

Different shades of blues and whites littered the places and every decoration pieces were finely detailed, as I tried clicking some aesthetic pictures for myself and also to send Lia. She would love it. I just know this would be something she would have enjoyed thoroughly if she were here and that had me making a mental note to take her to this event coming year.

"Hello Ladies and Gentlemen. Good evening to all.  Firstly to begin with we truly apologize from our whole JSP team for the last year's abruptly closed event and for not addressing it sooner." The group of about thirty people dressed in traditional Japanese attires stood in middle of the stage as they all bowed down together for a whole minute without even shaking a limb showing us their sincerity.

And finally they rose together as the main host of the group continued talking in his microphone.

"We are still not able to discuss the reason behind our unprofessional take last year but we would like to let you know it was because of a very private reason of our CEO that we had to close the show and leave abruptly." When he said that I wondered what exactly might have happened for them to keep it so private? But nevertheless there're companies who do not reveal certain thing irrespective of the circumstances. That's when they find the alternatives to fix the issue.

In this case it seems to be complementary show within a year of the incident.

"Hence our whole team truly apologizes once more for the inconvenience caused and would like to present the upcoming play for the evening as a request to accept our apology and also as a token of thanks to everyone seated here for giving us another chance today and for coming to the play." They bowed once more when the whole crowd yelled a collective "It's fine".

That was perhaps because we all could feel they were truly apologetic and were genuinely trying to fix the situation. This quality was rare to see in a business as everyone would be fixed on making money but they proved it be wrong so far.

"Thank you so much. The play will start in few minutes and hope you all enjoy  your evening watching the show." The amount of happiness on their faces with the hope of restoring the reputation for the show was too evident to not notice as everyone awaited the show to begin with boosted excitement.

And true to their words the lights were turned off and only the golden light shown on the stage as a lengthy and tall white screen was pulled up on the stage.

Show started with images of fish nets flowing in the water as fishes hopped over was created in the shadows. Then a picture with a mermaid was created so beautifully and for the next forty minutes until the play was completed the whole arena was in pure silence as the audience were completely immersed in the heart-touching love story between a mermaid girl and a fisherwoman that was presented in front of us.

The human girl gave her life to save the mermaid girl from perishing because of a past curse and to turn her into a human so that she could live her life happily.

And the mermaid girl visited the seashore that they both used to meet everyday until she grew old and took her last breath in that shore itself with her lover's locket clutched in her hand.

To say I was sobbing silently would not do any justice to the way I was feeling at the moment. It was so beautifully done and portrayed.

Then the lights were turned on slowly one by one as the team emerged on the stage. The whole arena filled with a long applause along with a standing-ovation.

Damn! This moment felt amazing as goosebumps rose all over my body. They say with few events you just got to be there and perhaps this was one such moments of mine.

"Hope you enjoyed the show. We tried our best to give you only best of best plays possible." We heard the host speaking as we all yelled out a "YESSSS!"

He chuckled with tears filling in all of the team members' eyes showing how important today's show success was for them which they deserved as he thanked one last time before bowing again and the show was closed.

"That was one hell of a play!" Mom exclaimed as we walked by the footpath heading towards a hotel to have dinner before going home.

Dad has taken the boys to amusement park so they informed already the will eat outside and would come only around 10. Considering it was only 8 now, mom wanted to spend some more time out and was not in the mood to cook which is why we were entering a small, cozy looking hotel by the roadside now.

We huddled in a warm corner of the hotel and quickly placed the order before I got lost with my thoughts about the play as mom took out her phone.

The sadness of the ending and the loving feeling of the love they shared and burning passion of their intimate moments everything crashed in my heart. That was not just a play, it was a short movie. And now I suddenly missed my sweet girl.

Thinking about her reminded me about how practically everyone in her life knows about me and about us. Everyone that were important to her were aware about us. But in my life, in my world here, anyone barely knows that we are together.

And it did not feel right for it to be this way.

Maybe that being the reason I looked at my mom contemplating if I should talk about this right now, if I should tell her about Lia and if I should let her know about us. 

With this on my mind I apparently missed when the food was served as mom shook my hand to urge me to dig in for which I gave a small nod.

Clearing my thought I took a deep breath as I called her to get her attention but when she looked up I was unable to talk so I just shook my head deciding to keep the topic for later after dinner or perhaps at home.

"What were you trying to tell throughout the time we had dinner?" Was it that obvious that mom is questioning about it even after it was more than five minutes since we started walking back home.

"Can we sit on the bench there and talk about it mom?" I requested hesitantly as approached the bench and sat down on it.

"What is it Leon?" I flinched hearing her voice as I sat staring into space.

Gosh! This feels awkward, nerve-raking.

Wish she was here, this would have been so much more better, How did she do that? My baby.

Focus Leon! Focus on coming out to your mother and stop gushing about your baby. I spoke to myself in my head.

 "Mom I want to tell you something.." I started but the uncertainty of the outcome forced me from talking as I heard mom saying "Did you say something?"

I tried controlling my breath as I closed my eyes to focus and turned around before blurting out "iambisexualandiaminlovewithagirlandhernameislialiapearlandweloveeachotheralot"

I squeezed my eyes shut afraid to see her reaction after just rambling all of that at once.

When there was no response at all I slowly squinted my eyes open to see my mom sitting with a resting bitch face and clueless gaze as she spoke, "What were you trying to say? Want me to understand? Then go slow."

Oops! Perhaps maybe I went too fast in fear, smiling sheepishly I sat next to her to come down my nerves when I found mom placing her palm on my hand before saying. "Whatever it is, just say it.  And before you know it would already be done. The more you think the more complicated it gets and the more longer you are going to feel the pain."

I nodded at her words agreeing to it. I calmed myself enough to say the same exact sentence from before but with more clarity and composure.

"I am bisexual and I am in love with a girl. Her name is Lia Pearl. We love each other a lot mom." I should pat myself for the confidence I had while saying all that to her as I looked into her eyes with aa sense of surety and trust in my decision and choice.

"You were so worried and at the verge of losing your mind to tell me this?" What? I expected anything but that. What the hell!

"Mom I said I am bisexual and I have a girlfriend!" Damn the butterflies at her mere mention.

"Yes and?" The calmness in her voice and casual tone of her voice is making me uncomfortable even though I should be happy that she is taking it so easily. I mean, how is this possible?

"Mom I am being serious." I press as I become serious expecting her to say what exactly she is thinking.

Smiling at me softly she spoke "I do not know what you are expecting me to react like. But I honestly do not see a problem with this and I don't think I have the choice to say whom you should like and shouldn't. I am fine with it as long as the person yo are dealing with is also as assertive as you and is willing to say it to her parents just the way you are doing right now." Wow! Is this real? This can also happen? This is actually possible? Dammit!

And what was that last part about the person being assertive enough as me, I do not think it is easy to find an even more assertive and loyal person than her. She said so because she does not know about her but I did not want her to think so lightly about my Lia so I replied back quickly.

"She is. She sure as hell is. If anything even if I ask her to conceal her love for me, I do not think she will be able to do that easily. Her family, her bestfriends, people close to her already know about me. It's just me who had not spoken about it to anyone. You are the first person I am saying this so perfectly to." A sense of pride and also sudden wave shyness took over me as mom stared at me with that 'you look so love-struck face'.

"I already love her. Lia Pearl right?" I nod instantly smiling whole-heartedly hearing her words about my lover.

"I approve her, When are we meeting her?" At that I look at the ground before looking at mom, not knowing if I should tell her how we met through online and I am gonna see her for the first time since a year.

"Will first tell her about this and will decide mom." I keep it vague as to at least wait until I meet her myself .

Mom just nodded before she asked for me to book a cab while we sat on the bench while practically shaking like leaves.

"I still don't understand how you took it so easily mom?" I ask in utter disbelief as I am still not able to believe it and probably would ask her countless times before I finally accept that it went so smoothly.

"What play did we watch today?" I just stared at her not understanding why this topic is being bought up all of a sudden but answered nonetheless, "Mermaid girl and fisherwoman love story"

"Exactly. It was a same gender love story which I enjoyed every bit of. And you thought that I would be against you?" She chuckled at my silliness as I just let out a 'oh' as I also mirrored her reaction getting in the cab going home feeling like a part of some unknown weight was lifted off of me as I couldn't wait to share this happy news with my girl but I will keep it with me only until she is done with her exams or maybe I could say it when she is here and capture her reaction directly.

__

Third person POV

Students rushed out of the exam halls as soon as the bell rang indicating today's exam was completed.

Few boys and girls bunched up in a group discussing the question paper, calculating the approximate marks they might obtain while few students who just wanted to be done with the exam walked past everybody as if none of them existed while few others did not bother discussing about the answers and tense themselves with what's right and wrong.

In between such buzzing lengthy corridor Lia stood secured place in a corner by the pillar as she waited for her curly haired best friend to exit the exam hall.

"Hey!" Lia saw  Rose approaching her and stood next to her.

"Hey! How'd it go?" The question seems to have pained the orange head as she scrunched her face in discomfort letting out "Definitely not good. Hopefully I am lucky and the invigilator is lenient" Rose chuckled scratching her nape making Lia laugh as she nodded at the statement.

"And no need to ask you how the exam went. It's you so obviously you aced it." Rose pointed at her as a matter of fact for which Lia shrugged with a smirk not denying because even if she would say the paper was difficult for her, people just wouldn't agree. So why waste a breath.

But just as they were waiting for Melissa in silence Lia bought up the most important topic that she was not able to get an update of with the mentioned girl.

"Did you enjoy the museum event?" Lia tried to be as neutral as possible about to not make it awkward for the other by getting all excited before knowing what happened at the event.

When there was no response from the other she felt afraid that maybe it did not go well and she shouldn't have asked about it but when she turned to look at the girl next to her, all she could do was let out a silent chuckled and turn away to let the other have her own moment.

Rose was blushing looking at the floor with a shit eating grin as she clutched the gray strap bag on her shoulder tightly.

Perhaps the museum event seems to have been an amazing time spent between the girls. 

"It was beautiful." Lia quirked a brow at that but let the girl continue who was struggling to not die with shyness. Honestly seeing Rose who was usually stoic or had a cool demeanor most of the time having a difficult time to keep a straight face and control herself was slightly adorable in the peach green cardigan girl's eyes.

"Did something specific happen Rose?" She spoke in a teasing manner as she looked towards her best friend's classroom to see if she was arriving anytime soon.

"She asked me to be her girl friend Lia." The gushing happiness radiating off of the girl was hard to not notice as the said girl have a huge grin at that sentence. "I also asked her to be my girl friend."

Hearing that Lia giggled remembering how she had mentioned to her best friend that Rose herself might propose to be her girl friend while giving that little pep-talk in the bubble tea shop few days ago.

Seeing that Rose might misunderstand her laugh, she quickly explained the reason behind it which made the other girl even more shy.

"So you both are girl friends now?" The cardigan girl asked the other just to have a clear, verbal confirmation because nothing cannot be trusted with these two girls. They two would literally jump in front of a train to save the other and if asked they would wave it off saying they just slipped and it was not to save the other.

With a blinding smile and sparkling eyes came a enthusiastic answer "Yes! We are!" 

Maybe it was just Lia or did she really hear two voices ? Seeing ahead her question was answered as she saw the curly haired girl running towards them as she hugged both the girls in a bone-crushing hug making both of them laugh.

After the girl let them go the hazel eyes spoke "Finally! It took you both long enough..!" She exasperated as she gave them one of her classy eyerolls making them both chuckle as the orange haired pulled her girlfriend towards her, securing an arm around her waist.

Smiling at her friends' happy faces Lia congratulated them both before they all decided to crash at a nearby pizza shop.

On their way to the said place Lia quickly checked her phone to drop a quick but sweet voice not to her girl  saying  "I finished with my exam for the day Leon. I, Rose and Mel are now going to the pizza shop before going home. Darling...guess what?! These bitches have finally got into a relationship and are sickeningly sweet in my face-" At that last sentence the two girls who were in their own world threw side glares at the girl but she obviously ignored them and continued with her voice note. "-I cannot wait to meet you Leona. It's 12th today , still nineteen days more. Praying for the days to move fast so I can be next to you finally. Hope you are doing well and I love you...My darling." Lia sighed dreamily as she whispered the last before sending it.

"Look who calls us sickeningly sweet Rose?" Lia saw Melissa mocking her in a fun way as she continued "Thank god, Leona is not here. She is already so cheesy even without her girlfriend next to her, imagine how worse it could be if she were to stick to her all the time. " A harsh slap on the arm  was the reward for the tease as the girls just smiled continuing their way.

Rose saw Lia staring at the pictures that was sent last week by Leona of the shadow play which Lia could not stop talking about every little chance she got. Saying how lucky she was to have the other as her girlfriend as her everything which bought a light smiled on her face to the girl so completely immersed in her lover.

"I saw you getting  something from the museum event. Was it to give to your Leona when you are going to visit her?" Lia heard Rose questioning as they all finally entered the pizza shop and sat around a table as they called for a waiter.

Lia nodded at that mumbling a "Yes" with a smile as she continued to place the order for them while Melissa piped in with a loving smile saying "Not just that babe. She has collected so many things over the months to give it to her. Anywhere we went and anything she would find would be of interest for the girl, she has got all of them."

It was Lia's turn to look down at the table with a shy smile when she heard Rose say "You make long-distance relationship seem so beautiful and divine." Something about that statement moved Lia as she felt her eyes getting teary but said nothing but a small "thank you."

However the girls noticed this as they squeezed her hand in a consoling grip for which Lia gave a grateful smile.

And the order arrived within few minutes as they enjoyed their food and left to home.

____

Hello~~~

Two updates within two days! Wow!

It's been a while since I tapped into this dreamland of stories, I have been going through a lot.

A lot more than I am able to talk about right now. But hopefully I will be able to close this story which is way too close to my heart.

Thank you for each and everyone who has showed interest in this story.

*DISCLAIMER: MOST OF THE FACTS OF THE SHADOW PLAY MENTIONED HERE WERE MADE FOR THE STORY ALONE AND ALL OF IT IS NOT TRUE*

See you with the next one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.4K 13
MILLIE HART Quiet. Shy. Nerd. Prude. That's what everyone calls me while turning up their noses at me. Even if it's true, I don't care. I have a pla...
1.1M 43.8K 50
Sometimes, the one you have in your heart is not the one you have in your arms. --- "I love this book, it's perfect. I finished it in one sitting, I...
1M 61.1K 33
[COMPLETED] "We both agreed, Apollo! We said no feelings, no attachments! You promised you wouldn't get attached." I look down at my lap in worry and...
780K 52.6K 102
She was the undesired outcast, who stood out, yet simultaneously blended effortlessly into the background. I could see the panic in her glassy brown...