FINE LINE - T. BRADFORD

By EstellaNovella

"You sunshine, you temptress" Tim Bradford x OC (Season 1 - 4x01) More

CAST
Playlist
PART ONE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
PART TWO
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
PART THREE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24

42

7.6K 249 25
By EstellaNovella

Tim knocks on the front door of the safe house and it's answered by a deputy in street clothes. Tim lifts his badge to show to the officer

"LAPD, Bradford, Cabrera and Nolan," Tim says as they walk in.

Sean Del Monte approaches them and he grins at Mirana, offering her a handshake.

"Nice to see you again,"

"Likewise," Mirana smiles at him.

"How do you-?" Tim asks, looking between the two.

"He was at the deposition for my father's trial," Mirana says.

"Are you Officer Nolan?" Del Monte asks Tim.

"Nolan," Nolan raises his hand.

"Hey," Del Monte shakes Nolan's hand. "I'm ADA Sean Del Monte. Jessica Russo told me you'd be helping out"

"Sir, Officers Nolan and Cabrera are rookies. I'm their superior officer, Tim Bradford,"

"Oh. Sorry," Del Monte says. "I just assumed that he'd be in charge. The last guy Jessica dated was a Navy SEAL"

"Seriously?" Nolan asks.

"Yeah," Del Monte nods. "Talk about a strong handshake, like a vise grip -"

"Okay, can we get the download on our protectee?" Tim asks.

"Of course. Yeah, Brad Hayes," Del Monte points at the man sitting at the dining table who waves at them. "Worked Border Patrol for 12 years down in Temecula. Rose to second in command. Then he turned around and started using what we taught him to help the other side. He charged the cartels a fortune to smuggle people in and out. Now he's naming names"

"No wonder he's hiding out here," Nolan says.

"A man like that must have hundreds out for his blood," Mirana says.

"Yeah, he's testifying before a grand jury tomorrow," Del Monte nods. "Look, Sheriff's Department will coordinate shift changes. Here's my card. Use the cell number in case anything comes up, no matter how small"

"Will do," Tim says.

"It's very nice to meet both of you. Nice to see you again Mirana," Del Monte says. "And, again, sorry for the confusion."

"No worries," Nolan says, watching the ADA team leave before he turns to Mirana. "Jessica dated a Navy SEAL?"

"Maybe she wanted a change of pace," Mirana says with a teasing grin.

"Ouch,"

"Focus, Boots," Tim says. "Nolan do a sweep of the house. Note ingress and egress points, escape avenues, and sight lines. Report back in 10. Cabrera, watch him"

"Yes, sir," Nolan nods.

Mirana walks into the dining room, sitting on one of the chairs as the man grins at her.

"Well hello," He says, placing his book down. "I didn't know the ADA would be treating me for naming names"

Mirana just rolls her eyes, choosing not to respond as she pulls out a nail file and begins shaping her nails.

"Seriously?" Tim asks Mirana.

"What?"

"Can't you at least pretend to be interested in this assignment?" Tim grumbles.

"I'm always interested, just not always impressed," Mirana retorts, still focused on her nails.

"Alright, look," Tim says, addressing Hayes. "We're here to keep you safe. We take this seriously. We need you to follow our instructions to the letter. No funny business."

"Got it, Officer,"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"Hey," Tim beckons Mirana and Nolan over. "D.A.'s office just discovered a credible threat against our guy a cartel hit team. Trying to figure out if the safe house has been compromised"

"Are they sending backup?" Nolan asks.

"That's unclear. Sounded like they're scrambling to assess the situation," Tim says.

"How did they not have safeguards in place?" Mirana asks. "Of course, the Cartel would send a hit team"

"Hey, guys," Hayes says, standing up. "Something going on? You seem stressed"

"Nothing," Tim says.

"If there's a problem, I deserve to know. It's my life that's on the line," Hayes says.

"Sit your ass back down," Tim says.

"Make me," Hayes replies.

Tim moves towards Hayes but he's interrupted as the house starts shaking. Tim's instincts kick in, his arms reaching out to grab Mirana, pulling her tightly against him. The violent shuddering sends chunks of plaster cascading down on them. As the house continues shaking, Tim shields Mirana with his own frame, his hand protectively cupping the back of her head, creating a barrier against the debris.

"Dios mio!" Mirana exclaims as Tim's grasp on her tightens.

When the tremors finally relent, Tim releases his protective hold on Mirana, their eyes meeting as he scans her for any injuries.

"You okay?" Tim asks, wiping a streak of dust off of Mirana's face with his thumb.

"Si, estoy bien," Mirana nods.

"That was a pretty good one," Hayes says.

"I'm gonna check the house, make sure we're still five by five," Tim says, pulling away from Mirana. "Both of you watch him"

"Never been through an earthquake before," Nolan says as they walk into the living room.

"Yeah, they take some getting used to," Hayes says, peeking through the curtains. "Um - are those guys supposed to be here?"

"Get away from there,"

Nolan pushes past Hayes as he peeks through the curtain. Before Mirana can even react, Hayes smashes a lamp over Nolan's head.

Mirana grabs Hayes' wrist and he turns, shoving her to the ground. The woman glares at him before hooking her feet around his before pulling her legs back. Hayes topples to the ground with a crash and Mirana handcuffs him, her knee pressed into his back.

"You alright?" Mirana asks Nolan.

Hurried footsteps sound on the stairs as Tim comes running down them to see Hayes being handcuffed by Mirana as Nolan rubs the back of his head.

"What the hell is going on?" Tim asks.

"Nothing we can't handle," Nolan says.

"You all right?" Tim turns his attention to Mirana who nods.

"Yeah. Any word on the hit squad?"

"No. Radios are down. Phone. We're on our own,"

"Great,"

"Would it help if I said I was sorry?" Hayes asks. "I - I think the earthquake set off - my fight-or-flight response,"

"Shut it," Mirana and Tim snap at Hayes.

"I can't get through to the DA's office or the station. Radios are down," Tim says. "Phone lines are overwhelmed. Get ready to move. We can't take a chance this place has been compromised"

"That's dumb. Why would we run around the city? There's no cover, no concealment. I say we stay put from a tactical standpoint," Hayes chimes in.

"You don't get a vote. You hit me in the head," Nolan says, pulling Hayes to his feet.

A loud thud in the house causes everyone to freeze, falling silent as Nolan turns to Tim. "No one else in the house, right?"

"If there is, shoot 'em," Tim says.

The three officers draw their weapons. Mirana creeps towards the staircase as Tim peers out the window. A shot rings out as the window shatters. A creak on the stairs causes Mirana to turn, firing her gun at the armed man. He grunts in pain as the bullet enters his chest.

"We got to get out of here! Back door!" Tim shouts.

"What if there's a gunman out there, too?" Nolan asks.

"Then you'll shoot him!" Tim says. "We're sitting ducks here. Go!"

"I'm not going anywhere!" Hayes snaps.

Mirana runs over to help Nolan haul Hayes to his feet before they head for the back door. Mirana pushes the door open, her gun raised as Nolan leads Hayes out. The back door slams open causing Mirana and Nolan to turn with their guns raised. They lower them when they spot Tim.

"We need transportation,"

"Well, in case you haven't noticed, there's a sniper between us and our car," Nolan says.

"Nolan, hold here. Head on a swivel," Tim says. "Mirana, with me"

Tim and Mirana slip out of the gate before scanning the street.

"Anything you can jump?" Tim asks.

"There," Mirana points at a Volvo.

"Alright," Tim raises his elbow before putting it through the window.

Mirana climbs into the driver's seat before she begins working on hotwiring the car. The engine roars to life.

"Get in," Mirana says to Tim.

Mirana drives up to the gate and Nolan exits the garden with Hayes.

"Nice car. Inconspicuous," Hayes says sarcastically.

"Get in the back," Tim rolls his eyes.

Once they're in the car, Mirana hits the gas pedal, spinning the car around before tearing down the road.

"What's the plan?" Nolan asks. "Back to the station?"

"No, that's where these guys expect us to go. Safest thing is to get lost. Go to the last place they'd think to look for us," Tim replies as Mirana drums her fingers against the wheel.

"I know just the place,"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"Well, I think we might have lost them," Mirana says, getting out of the car.

"Yep, this is definitely the last place I'd look for us," Tim nods in agreement.

"Ugh, ooh. I hate to be that guy, but I'm gonna need some sunblock. I burn real easy," Hayes says.

"I don't have any, but I can bury you up to your neck in the sand and put a trash can on your head," Tim replies.

"I'm fine," Hayes says as they start the walk towards the lifeguard hut.

Once they reach the hut, Tim forces Hayes to sit on the ground before standing next to Mirana, his arm resting on the wood behind her.

"This view is nice," Mirana says to Tim who hums in agreement.

"It would be a lot nicer without these cuffs," Hayes says.

"Don't attack police officers next time," Mirana shrugs.

"Texts are back online. It's from the ADA. The hit team wasn't trying to kill Hayes - it was trying to rescue him," Nolan says before turning to Hayes. "You were in on it the whole time? You set us up to be killed"

Mirana crouches down as she begins to search Hayes' pockets before beginning to pat down his legs.

"No. Well, yeah," Hayes admits. "As much as I love the idea of being a barista in Armpit, Arizona, I've got other plans"

"How did they know how to find you?" Nolan asks. "You were sequestered. No phone, no Internet"

Mirana pulls Hayes' shoe off and tips it up. A small tracker falls into her hand and she holds her hand out to Tim who crouches down to examine it.

"Son of a bitch," Tim mutters.

"That's not mine," Hayes says.

"We got to get out of here," Nolan says as they ignore Hayes.

Two cars pull into the parking lot and four men get out, armed as they scan the area.

"What do we do now?" Nolan asks.

"You guys should just let me walk away. I mean, nobody gets hurt," Hayes says. "Think how you're gonna feel if another buddy gets killed in the line of duty"

"Shut up," Tim says, elbowing Hayes in the side of the head with his elbow.

"So what now?" Nolan asks, glancing at Hayes' unconscious body.

"They can't afford to kill Hayes, so they'll have to come up here and get him," Tim says.

"You do know there's four of them, right?" Nolan asks.

"It's almost a fair fight. Hook him up," Tim says. "Mirana, with me"

Mirana follows Tim into the hut as the men approach. They use the small trapdoor to drop into the sand below. Mirana creeps through the small space, reaching out and grabbing one of the men's legs.

With a swift yank, Mirana pulls the man down under the hut. She kicks the gun out of his hand before rolling him onto his front.

"You're under arrest," Mirana says.

"Get down now!" Tim shouts as Mirana drags her detainee from under the hut.

"So I'm guessing my immunity deal's out the window," Hayes murmurs.

"You think?"

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"Why are we back here?" Tim asks, looking at the ocean as Mirana lays down a picnic blanket on the sand.

"Because Timothy," Mirana says, sitting down on the blanket. "I like the beach it reminds me of home and you need to learn how to wind down"

"I know how to wind down," Tim grins, tracing patterns on Mirana's thigh.

"That's not what I-" Mirana shakes her head with a smile before she slips her shoes off.

"What are you doing?"

"I am going into the ocean," Mirana replies, reaching up to untie her dress.

"What about-"

"You have seen the Good, the Bad and the Ugly of my life," Mirana says. "I think I can handle you seeing a few ugly cicatrices"

Mirana drops her dress, revealing a white bikini, before she pulls Tim to his feet. The man pulls his t-shirt over his head before allowing Mirana to lead him towards the ocean. Tim scoops Mirana up into his arms when they get ankle-deep in the water causing her to laugh as he wades deeper in.

"Hold your breath," Tim grins at her.

"Tim, don't you-"

Mirana's shriek is cut off by her sinking under the water after Tim throws her in. The man laughs as Mirana emerges, glaring at him. She treads water as she splashes him in retaliation. Tim reaches out and pulls her close to him.

Tim, undeterred by the splash, reaches out to draw Mirana closer. Her legs instinctively wrap around his waist, and a playful smile graces her face. With a sudden and skilful manoeuvre, Mirana yanks herself backwards, pulling both of them beneath the water's surface.

When she resurfaces, she's laughing as Tim playfully glares at her. Tim pulls her in once again and Mirana wraps her arms around his neck.

"You're so beautiful," Tim murmurs.

"And you're not so bad yourself, Bradford," Mirana teases, playfully tugging at a strand of his wet hair.

"I'll take it,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.6K 999 22
Luke x OC [Season One Completed] ever since she ran away from home to live with her best friend julie and her family, jade hasn't been able to play a...
77K 1.8K 76
Derek Hale x OC Season 1-6 Šī¸ derekhalekolmlover
10.6K 301 9
"Are you sure you don't want to go?" Tim asked. "Yes, I want to stay!" "I want to be where you are, you are my safe place!" Kira said. Tim Bradford x...
7.5K 341 21
𝐇𝐞đĢ 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭đĸ𝐟𝐮đĨ đŦ𝐨𝐧𝐠 đĨ𝐮đĢ𝐞𝐝 𝐡đĸđĻ đĸ𝐧, 𝐡𝐞đĢ đĨ𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐛đĨ𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞 𝐡𝐚đĸđĢ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞đĢ đĸ𝐜𝐲 𝐛đĨ𝐮𝐞 𝐞𝐲𝐞đŦ. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐞īŋŊ...