• Only Time Will Tell •

By jada_nb

Just read you won't regret it... More

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
New Characters!
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Brief Intermission
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
*Announcement: New Story!!*
~ The Final Chapter ~

Chapter 84

173 3 0
By jada_nb

Ignore this too if you read it already lol, Wattpad being a opp rn 😭🤚🏽

Lauren's POV:

Waking up to the softest of lips, planting sweet kisses aimlessly down my bare back, my eyes fluttered open as I woke. A simple sheet covered us both, since the comforter was most likely hanging off the edge of the bed somewhere, or on the floor. My fiance's bare body was hugged up against mine, with my back to her front, just as I stirred with a small stretch.

She'd always been the first to wake, even when we were together in high school. Though now, I'll sometimes get up before her just to force her to relax .

Even after my recovery was done, and I was completely fine to get back to normal living, Sade would sometimes still treat me as if I was still injured.

She'd get up earlier to cook breakfast or do a house task before I woke, and would still offer to do my hair or assist me with whatever, though I was perfectly capable of doing it myself. And I'd honestly fallen even more in love with her for it, because the way that woman loves me and shows it consistently, genuinely amazes me.

Not once did she blame me or resent me for being hurt, or for everything with Micah. Not once did she switch up on me during those six months that I was injured, or even show that she was tired or aggravated from taking care of me. If anything, she more than took care of me, and it was every day that she did so.

There were nights she'd stay up with me because I couldn't sleep, due to there being such aching pains at the beginning. And even when I did sleep, I'd wake up to find her warily watching me as her hand stroked my hair. She wouldn't leave me alone for even a second, though I'd always tell her I was fine. Even when I was frustrated with myself and my situation, and it'd sometimes get taken out on her by accident, she'd still be so patient with me.

She never invalidated how I felt, or made me feel worse about it. As always, she was just so understanding, and caring, and nurturing. Sometimes it left me questioning if she was truly human, or made in a lab.

Never in a million years did I think I could love her more than I did. But after that, she couldn't get rid of me even if she wanted to.

"Honeybee," her extremely sexy morning voice called softly to me before I felt warmth near my ear. "Hoooneybeeeeee-" I giggled softly and scrunched my shoulder to my ear once feeling tingles underneath my skin. "Wake uuuuppp-"

"Whyyy, it's Saturday," I mumbled just before turning to lay on my back. "Saturdays are for late mornings and breakfast in bed."

Sade slid a soft hand underneath the sheet and up my naked body to draw patterns on the skin of my chest as her eyes roamed my features.

"You say that about every day though," she cracked a smile and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Not the point," I chuckled. "And I don't remember us having any plans for today, especially not this early babe." My brows knit as I lifted a hand to trace her brow with my thumb. "Unless it's something I'm forgetting..."

Shaking her head, she slightly drew her head back to kiss my fingertips before taking my hand to hold. "No, you're not..." A long pause followed those words for I was expecting a follow up that never came.

Instead she had the most profound look in her eyes as they wandered my face, as if she'd never seen it before, much less everyday. And when they finally met my gaze as the softest of smiles curved onto her lips, she whispered,

"You're so beautiful..." And of course, I blushed, hard. And she giggled. "I love you."

Then came the look again, and I felt every word she didn't technically speak. So much so that tears panged my eyes, and my hand instantly went to cover them.

"It's too early for me to be crying Sade."

She giggled again while removing my hand to kiss my cheek, then my temple. "I don't mean to make you cry baby..." the back of her hand caressed my cheek and the smile on her face began to grow. "I just...I love you...more than words could ever explain..."

"I love you too..." And that was all I could manage to say back, because the eye contact between was speaking louder than any volume words could ever reach.

~~~~~~~

Today's February 13th, also known as Valentine's Day Eve.

Sade and I have dinner reservations tomorrow of course, but unfortunately that's the only information I have regarding what the hell we're doing. "The rest is a surprise," she said, only making me groan and roll my eyes in response. And of course she did nothing but laugh at me and kiss my pouted lips.

It's Saturday, and I was told we have things to do today by my lovely wife to be. However, did that lovely wife to be inform me of said "things" that we "have to do?" Of course she didn't. And did that lovely wife to be instead tell me to just get dressed and let her worry about the rest? Of course she did.

And am I doing as she said despite my complaints and thousands of questions? Of course I am.

Two hours later, we're acting like little kids at the candy store, at this massive arcade, slash indoor amusement park.

We've only been here a little under an hour, but I don't think I've had this much fun in my life. I mean my shows and stuff are cool, but they're not touching this, I won't even lie.

Sade kept taking pictures of me, and would smile or laugh adoringly at my reactions to certain stations or rides. But I don't think she understands, I'm genuinely having the time of my life right now. And I'd always blabbed about wanting to come to a place like this, and of course she'd be listening when I didn't think she was paying me any mind.

We hadn't been here terribly long so far, but I was already exhausted from the number of rides and games we'd been nonstop doing since arriving.

Sade insisted we ride every ride and play every game available, and to say she was wearing me out would be an understatement.

"Baby can we please take a break," I begged with my bottom lip poked out as my hand tugged at hers. She turned around to face me with the widest of smiles. "I just wanna sit down for five minutes and then we can continue."

"Awww, you're tired?" Her expression mimicked mine while she tucked hair behind my ear then kissed my temple. "You hungry? We can go sit and eat." A smile tugged my lips as I nodded and she chuckled at my sudden change in mood. "Come on Honeybee, I know just the place too."

Grabbing my hand again to pull me along, Sade led us to the extremely appealing food court that was also significant in size. There were so many options, it was almost overwhelming to choose. But it was alright because I just got a little bit of everything, and it was only because Sade suggested why not. Though I'm sure Ian's going to kick my ass Monday morning for it, but that's alright.

I'd been sitting with our food, just scrolling on my phone while Sade went to use the restroom.

On Instagram, my fans kept tagging me in posts regarding paparazzi photos of her and I. And I did nothing but smile at the sight because I knew there'd be talk about it eventually, especially after me proposing, but I simply didn't give a damn. Some had theories about me cheating on Micah with her, which aren't necessarily false, but I digress, and they were trying to bash me for it.

Although, most of my supporters seemed to be happy for me and were rooting for us, even if I hadn't confirmed it yet.

"She looks so much happier," "Her glow's hitting different these days," "I love this for them," most of them would comment. And it was mostly under a picture taken of us walking Bella one day, and of course it was me being touchy with her as we strolled. Then there was another of us holding hands. But it was honestly Sade who was cautious about us being affectionate in public, because she worried about how it would affect my career.

For some reason, I couldn't care less, whether they did or didn't accept me being with her. As far as I was concerned they were just going to have to deal with it, like it or not.

"Hey, I got you something," my fiance said from behind me, and my eyes widened once I turned around. "I passed by their booth on the way to the bathroom," she chuckled at the kid-like smile  written across my face. "You're too cute."

"I haven't had these since high schoollll, awwww Sadeeee." My bottom lip poked out as I took the tray of fried oreos and she rounded the table to sit across from me. "It's crazy how I claim I love them oh so much, but have eaten them like three times in my life."

"I remember you telling me they were still your favorite, and it's actually one of the reasons I brought us here today- I knew they sold them in here somewhere."

"You couldn't have just told me this morning?" I chuckled. "That we were coming here?"

"No, because I wouldn't have gotten the same adorable reaction," she laughed while taking one from the tray, and I just eyed her dearly as she sat back and observed the scenery around us. When she sighed before focusing her attention back on me, she then smiled at my expression. "What?" Sade chuckled.

"Nothing," I smiled back while eyeing her still. "I love you," my voice softened and it made her head tilt at me as her lip poked out.

"I love you too Honeybee."

~~~~~~~~~

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that today's the day. She hasn't yet, but I feel like Sade's going to propose. I just know it's coming.

Back when we were eighteen, I'd told her that if she were to ever propose to me, I didn't want an audience. I wanted it to be private and intimate, just me and her. And her response to that was nothing but an adoring smile that let me know she understood, because most thought I was crazy for wanting that. Lord knows Micah did, and his was the exact opposite of my preference, though he never even asked for that either.

Anyway, a few months ago, around Thanksgiving, Sade asked if I still wanted to be proposed to that way, and I said yes. Nothing else followed after that question, which I thought weird and a bit funny. She was just doing work on her computer while the two of us sat on the couch, and I was watching a movie with my head resting on her legs. She simply just asked, and I said yes, and that was it. Why didn't I feel the need to follow up with a 'why?' after that? No clue, but here we are.

And I couldn't help but feel like she was recreating our first date today.

After leaving the arcade place, we get in the car and she randomly and casually goes, 'wanna go see a movie?' Of course I got excited and was like 'where?' And she says 'a drive-in movie's ten minutes from here,' with a small smirk tugging her lips. But at the time, I paid it no mind. However, it was when we got home and I see this entire set up that wasn't here before we left, that I started to connect some dots.

Our first time hanging out was at the fair, and she shared her fried oreos with me, having me hooked from that day forward. Then today, we visited a massive arcade that was also an indoor amusement park.... On our first date, the day after our first time, she took me to a drive-in movie, and we said "I love you" for the first time. It was also when I took the picture of her that's still to this day my all-time favorite....

She's gotta be proposing....right??

"Baby, when did you do all of this..." I muttered, at a sort of loss for words as we walked back into the apartment. "And what's the occasion?"

"Don't worry 'bout it, and the occasion is 'I love you' and 'why not,'" she giggled while guiding me past the set up in the kitchen and to the stairs. "Come on, let's go change."

We went upstairs and she had two pairs of silk pajamas laid out for us. Since we'd been out and active all day, the two of us showered before getting dressed and heading back downstairs.

In the kitchen was a set up to bake my favorite cookies and home cooked meal. Sade's always loved peanut butter cookies while I've always had a thing for oatmeal raisin. Most hate it, I know, but me personally, it's the best creation known to mankind. And for the meal, it was chicken quesadillas. Sade started on them as soon as we'd set up shop for the evening.

Once I went to put the tray in the oven before starting on the cookies, she told me she'd be right back and disappeared into the office.

My eyebrows then knit before my face softened as a profound familiar sound filled the room from the office. I could tell just from the song that she'd put the vinyl I gave to her before she left, on the record player. And it'd been years since I heard it. So long that the sound of it brought tears to my eyes.

'Best Part' by Daniel Caesar and H.E.R. serenaded softly throughout the first level of the apartment as Sade walked out of her study with a grin on her face. She walked up to me, knowingly tilting her head as a tear trickled down my cheek. Her hand went up to wipe it, and she kissed my slightly wet cheek, before she took a step back and extended it out to me.

"Dance with me?" she whispered, a smirk now tugging her lips. Mines then smacked and I sniffled while taking her hand in mine.

"Always."

This was a moment I'd probably think of before taking my last breath, if I'm being honest. If a year ago today, someone told me that I'd be back together with the love of my life, who I'd thought I'd never see again...and not only that but she'd be my fiance that I lived with, with an adorable baby husky, and that I'd be back to dancing with her to our favorite music in our own kitchen while making treats and dinner, I'd tell them that's only in my dreams.

I couldn't ask for, or want for, anything else. I don't need anything else.

And it was hard to tell if she was actually popping the question tonight, because this is some shit Sade will just do just because. It's another reason, among a thousand others, why I love her beyond words. She's genuinely one of the sweetest souls I've ever known, and I still to this day have no idea what I did to deserve her.

~~~~~~~~

As the night of pure bliss and happiness was coming to an end, the two of us were in our bedroom, getting ready for bed.

Still, no proposal, so I could only assume that her reasons of 'I love you' and 'why not' really were the only ones motivating today's activities. Which was fine by me because regardless it was probably the best day I'd had, from beginning to end, in a while.

Sade was already sitting on the bed, looking as if she was about to get under the comforter before she paused with a huff,

"What is it?" I asked while switching off the bathroom light as I entered the bedroom.

She smacked her lips. "I knew it was something I was forgetting." She put the comforter back. "Baby will you grab that red shoe box from the top of the closet for me?"

"Yeah sure, are there shoes in it, or?"

"No, it's not shoes, there's papers in there for work."

Though I simply shrugged my shoulders while making my way back to the closet, confusion soon wrote across my face as I processed her words. She has an entire office for work papers...the hell does she need a shoe box for??

The red box was there, but another sat on top of it. So when I tried to slide them both down, the one on the top ended up falling.

To my surprise, a shit ton of papers fell out of the box, making my eyebrows furrow as I went to go pick them up. A confused frown spread all over my face as I noticed dates on the papers and each were tri-folded like letters. Out of curiosity, I opened one, and my eyebrows then raised once my eyes scanned the page that wrote 'My Dearest Lauren' at the top, in my fiance's handwriting. And it was dated three years ago... But that was after we stopped sending them to each other...

So.... She never stopped writing me?... This whole time??...

Sade's POV:

It was starting to take her forever to come out of the closet, and the longer I had to wait, the higher my nerves climbed.

Though, just when I was about to go check on her, she slowly walked out of the bathroom, holding the shoe box. The look on her face though, I wasn't expecting to see, at least not yet. My brows knit as I stood to walk closer to her,

"Honeybee, you okay? What's wrong?" My hand went to her cheek once I noticed the glossiness behind her eyes. "Why're you crying?" I cooed.

"Because...I opened the box," she whispered while holding it up for me to take still. And at her words, my head tilted adoringly as I smiled softly,

"You just couldn't help yourself, could you..."

"You should've known I was going to," her voice broke and she sniffled as I took her hand and pulled her with me to sit on the bed. One of my hands held hers while the other opened the red box to reveal the smaller velvet one with Tiffany & Co. written on it. She took an emotional breath and exhaled heavily as her hand squeezed mine. "Sade..."

"Hm?" Smiling softly, I giggled as she gave me a look with the tilt of her head. "Okay, okay..." the eye contact between us lingered knowingly as she held tight to my hand. A shallow breath drew from me. "I just want to say...that I've loved you since the moment your lips first touched mine, and I've fallen harder for you everyday since...."

"For seven years..." Her free hand reached up to wipe the tears now rolling down my cheeks. "We spent seven years apart, which to me now sounds unbearable since we can hardly go a few days without each other-" she chuckled, then sniffled as I continued.

"But we did...and even then, you had never stopped being my person Lauren. I'd never stopped loving you, even as much as I tried to convince myself otherwise... And when I saw you for the first time again last year, it felt like I'd finally come up for air. It was hard, having to act like I didn't still have such strong feelings for you, even after all that time apart. But I wouldn't change a thing, if I could go back. Because we wouldn't have this-" I lifted our hands. "And we wouldn't be here....I need you to know that no matter what, you're my everything. Without you, things just don't make as much sense and the sun doesn't shine as bright. I need to hear your voice and your laugh, and see your smile, and feel your touch...everyday like I need air to breathe. Everyday, in this lifetime and each one after, I choose you.... I... I love you, Lauren..."

Our eyes gazed deep upon each other as tears streamed down both our faces now. "You're the sun, the moon, and the stars to me Honeybee, and words couldn't begin to explain how much of a hold you have on my heart," I sniffled while taking the ring from the box, then shifted to where I was looking up at her, while on one knee. "So with that being said...and remember, if you say 'no,' certain measures will be taken-" she giggled and shook her head at me, and I exhaled a soft laugh. "But... Lauren Michelle Johnson, will you marry me?"

A soft beam grew amongst her face before she held her arms out for me,

"Of course baby, come here." I giggled and so did she once she pulled me onto her while laying back on the bed. Her hand reached for my thigh to hike it up to her waist before it slid up my behind to hold me close. Mines cradled her face as her lips found mine, and she kissed me repeatedly before giving me a longer and deeper one, then she pulled away. "I knew your ass was up to something-" I snickered.

"Oh? Did you really?"

"Mhm," she smiled and kissed me again as my thumb brushed back against her hairline. "Don't think I didn't notice how everything we did today mirrored what we did when we first got together." I chuckled and rolled my eyes,

"What gave me away? The fried oreos?"

"Yes, but the drive-in movie really sold it." The two of us shared a laugh as she held tighter onto me. "But I wasn't completely sure because knowing you, it could've been just 'cause like you said."

"Well yeah, but I knew that Valentine's Day was tomorrow, and that you wanted an intimate proposal so instead of trying to top yours, I saved all of that for your birthday and went the simpler route... I hope you liked it," I whispered in her ear then giggled softly once hearing her draw a shallow breath.

"I kid you not when I say I couldn't ask for a better day, Emerald." Our eyes met again at the sincerity of her words. "Besides our wedding day of course," she smiled, and so did I. "Of course I loved it...and you." Her hand went to my cheek, making me grow shy under her gaze.

"I love you too Honeybee..."

Lauren's POV:

My fiance and I had been getting ready for our dinner reservation for the past hour, and were just about ready now.

Since Hunter's friend and Sade's employee, Nasir, was single and hated the holiday, he'd volunteered to watch Bella for the night. Hunter and Tina of course had a night of their own planned, but our reservation was to be a double date with them since we wanted to try the same restaurant. And after that, I'd finally managed to squeeze out of Sade what she had planned after the dinner.

A Venice style boat ride to Little Italy, here in New York, and with live music along the way. She and I both have been wanting to try the new Italian bakery they have, and Sade thought tonight the perfect time to do so. And that on top of the proposal from last night... I'm beyond cloud nine right now.

For tonight's attire, I wore a black backless halter dress with a low neckline that exposed a great deal of cleavage. The length of it stops just above my shins and it's quite fitted to my body. My makeup was quite neutral while my hair was left curly and styled into a middle part fro for old times sake. She's been growing a lot lately, so I figured why not?

And my lovely, amazing, and extremely sexy fiance has on a black skirt that stops just under her butt with a laced corset, for the night. Over the top of that, she's wearing a black suit jacket that meets the skirt's length, and sheer stockings were on her legs, flowing into the LV red bottoms on her feet. Oh how I've been dying to steal those damn shoes since the moment I saw them in the closet. She claims she can just get me my own pair, but I don't know hers are just...right there, ya know?

"Honeybee, are you almost done? Tina just texted me," her voice neared closer to the bathroom before her head eventually peeked in the door. I couldn't help but smile despite her rushing me. "Must you take forever, my love?"

"Yes darling, I must," a British accent laced my reply, and Sade snickered while coming up behind me. "I just need to do my lips, and put on my shoes, then I'm done. Promise." Feeling a kiss on my shoulder, I smiled at her through the reflection, and she smiled back. "Emerald, I can't hurry if you're distracting me," I muttered timidly with my lips twisted.

She chuckled and stepped back a bit. "Sorry, I can't help it... You just... you look..." A breath drew from her as she stared me down from head to toe before meeting my eyes in the mirror. The reddening of my cheeks couldn't be helped once she began shaking her head slowly. "Lord, help me..." I giggled before leaning forward to apply lip liner,

"I could say the same about you, miss thing. But I'm hungry so I'm trying to behave and keep my eyes elsewhere."

"Okay but that's you though-"

I snickered. "Sade."

"Fineeee," she huffed and rolled her eyes before turning to head for the closet. "Which shoes are you wearing?"

"The Saint Laurents you bought me."

"Aww, I love theseee." I laughed softly,

"Me too babe, me too."

Just as I'd finished my makeup and sprayed a final layer of setting spray, I felt a tap on my ankle and turned to find Sade kneeling down with her hand out for my foot and my shoe in her other hand. I chuckled as she slid them on my feet, then fixed her necklace once she stood. I'd have kissed her, but we wore two different shades and it was too early in the night to mess them up, so I just took a knowing breath while staring at her lips. And of course she smiled at me because of it.

"You wanna kiss me soooo bad," she giggled, causing a smirk of my own to form once my eyes trailed up her face to peer into hers.

"You know I do," I said softly as our contact lingered.

And God, did I want to grab her by the waist and pull her into me. But I needed to have some restraint just at least until we left the house. Because if I don't, we ain't making it to that dinner.

Despite my best efforts, my gaze upon Sade started to grow a bit more amorous as my eyes trailed her from head to toe. Now timidly looking away, my fiance let her head fall as a small breath flew from her lips,

"Don't start Michelle." It was my turn to laugh as she slowly backed away from me and turned to leave the bathroom. "Come on, before we end up not going."

Slowly shaking my head with my bottom lip slightly between my teeth, I followed her out to grab my handbag, and closed the bedroom door behind me on my way out.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 98 5
𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬
25.1K 1.3K 34
Just read babes, it's worth it...
118K 2K 16
Never try to sneaky link with me, you'll love it here I do not own any pics or videos used. They are just to match a face to the characters you are...
6.4K 365 20
𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚗𝚘 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎, 𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐..