Just Pretend

By AliDarling_

Margo Brown, twenty five year old writer is desperate to pave her own path and to get out of her small town i... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - No Funny Business
Chapter 2 - Scooby Doo, Pancakes & Arcades
Chapter 3 - Noah?
Chapter 4 - Ambitious
Chapter 5 - The Show Must Go On
Chapter 6 - I'm Yours
Chapter 7 - We Happened
Chapter 8 - I Could Stay Like This Forever
Chapter 9 - No PDA In The Pool
Chapter 10 - That Boys In Fucking Love
Chapter 11 - More Than Like
Chapter 12 - Like Jellytots
Chapter 13 - I Love You
Chapter 14 - Beer Pong, Vampires & Tour Guides
Chapter 15 - Lets See Infinity Together
Chapter 16 - Living With Boys
Chapter 17 - Please Trust Me
Chapter 18 - S'mores, Big Tesco's & Canoodling
Chapter 20 - Valentines Day
Chapter 21 - So Mar, Will You Move In With Me?
Chapter 22 - I Can't Lose Her
Chapter 23 - Welcome To The Boys Club
Chapter 24 - Starfish, Frozen Yogurt & Sadie
Chapter 25 - I Spy
Chapter 26 - Mario Kart, Fishing & Noahs Hoodie
Chapter 27 - Place Your Bets
Chapter 28 - "She's Smart As Hell Too, Which Is Fucking Hot"
Chapter 29 - Girls Are Fucking Weird
Chapter 30 - But You're My Favourite Mar
Chapter 31 - Please Don't Join Us
Chapter 32 - Forever, Truths & To Us
Chapter 33 - Vegas Baby!
Chapter 34 - Perfect. Always Perfect
Chapter 35 - We Brought Snacks
Chapter 36 - Five Tickets For A Funeral
Chapter 37 - American Boys
Chapter 38 - You Guys Should Be In A Band
Chapter 39 - Don't Scare The Fairies Away Noah
Chapter 40 - It's You
Chapter 41 - Always Entwined
Chapter 42 - Everything's Black
Chapter 43 - Y'all Gotta Chill
Chapter 44 - Just Us
Chapter 45 - Wheres Nick?
Chapter 46 - She's Gone
Chapter 47 - Mrs Noah Sebastian
Chapter 48 - We're Growing Up
Chapter 49 - Found Our Home
Chapter 50 - Emo Days Out

Chapter 19 - Churros & Ferris Wheels

213 4 0
By AliDarling_

It's Valentine's Day and I'm in the house by myself writing emails and attempting to get a move on with the story I'm writing.

The guys all left really early this morning, only Noah and Nick will be back to the house tonight. Jolly and Folio are having to go further afield for their podcast so decided to make a few days of it.

My phones been blowing up since "the shit friend" incident. I've now even got people messaging me on Facebook which is really bizarre. Still nothing from Sadie, Aria or Delilah, although Cassidy has tried to call me a dozen times at least.

I take my laptop down the stairs and make myself a mug of coffee, then head outside to work in the sun. It's still early and the birds chirp their morning song. It's still so different to the birds back home but it feels familiar. I open up Spotify and hit shuffle on my playlist, "Silver Springs" by Fleetwood Mac plays quietly.

I'm humming away to my music, letting my coffee go cold as I create a totally different world on my laptop.

"Hey." I look up and see Noah leaning in the entryway of the door, sunglasses on, and a smile on his face.

"Hey, you're back earlier than I thought you would be." I check the time, two in the afternoon. "Oh... I got carried away. Why you smiling so much." Noahs hand massages the back of his neck and he makes his way over to me, sitting in the chair opposite to the one I'm seated in.

"You looked so cute being in your own lil world. I was standing there for a good ten minutes." Noah tells me and places his hands on my knees. "Wanna do something?"

"Sure, what's the plan?"

"I thought we could go to Santa Monica Pier? We'll obviously have to babysit Nick but it would be fun." He jokes.

"Sounds great, I'll go get changed." I reply closing my laptop and picking up my coffee mug taking it back inside and putting it in the sink.

"I'll go tell Nick." Noah tells me as I'm making my way up the stairs.

Once in our room I quickly get ready. I throw on a black checkered dress that's stops mid thigh, pairing it with my black old skool vans. I put on dark green cardigan, pull my hair out of its bun and run a brush through it quickly. I did my makeup this morning out of habit and it's still looking pretty fresh. I quickly brush my teeth and grab the pair of Ray-Bans Noah got me as I head out the door, along with my purse and make my way down the stairs.

"Damn, you look so good baby." Noah says, car keys in hand as he waits for me at the bottom on the stairs his arms crossed against his chest.

"You always do." I reply and kiss him quickly I can feel Noah's smile against my lips. Nick coughs from behind me.

"I just love being the third wheel. Let's go." Nick sarcastically says as we lock up the house.

"Shot gun front seat." I smirk and Nick shakes his head.

"I get it, I've been replaced." He pouts making Noah laugh.

"Fuck off Nicholas, you'll never be replaced."

                                                *

"I want a fucking churro." Nick grumbles as we head towards the pier. "I haven't had anything to eat since like seven this morning, I'm fucking starving." Clearly hangry, Nick storms ahead of us.

"Have you ever had a churro?" Noah's asks as he takes my hand in his.

"Nope, not really a thing where I grew up." I explain as the wind picks up and I quickly have to hold my dress down to stop it from blowing too high. "I should have wore jeans." I mutter.

Noah takes off his hoodie and hands it to me.

"Here, wear this. It's heavier than your dress." He tells me.

"But you'll be cold." I reply.

"I'll be fine baby, just wear the hoodie."

"But-"

"Please." He asks and I begrudgingly pull the hoodie over my head. It's way too big on me, even bigger than my dress. Noah pulls the hood down and smooths the top of my head then quickly pulls me into him kissing the side of my head.

"Thank you." I smile up at him. The small gestures he makes never go unnoticed. "I love you." A smile spreads on Noah's lips.

"I love you. Let's go find some churros, that way we'll find Nick too." Noah laughs and we make our way to the churro stand. Sure enough Nick is standing next to the stand waiting on his order.

"You guys getting churros too?" Nick asks as he's handed his churro.

"Seems that way." I reply and Noah gets our churros for us.

"They slap." Nick tells me as he starts to eat his. The smell reminds me of back home when my grandparents would take me on holiday to a beach town in the summer and we would get fresh donuts. Noah hands me my churro and takes a bite of his.

"Thank you." I say as we make our way around the pier taking in our surroundings, munching on our churros.

"What's the verdict?" Noah asks me once I've finished eating.

"They remind me of childhood. They're hella yummy." I reply and we stop at the ferris wheel. "Can we go on?" I ask them, neither object so we join the line for the wheel.

"I don't know if I wanna be trapped in a box, in the air with you guys." Nick says as we approach the front of the line.

"Well I don't know if I wanna be trapped in a box with you and Noah but here we are. I'll take my chances." I smirk back at Nick who puts his hands to where his heart is pretending to be wounded.

"Ouch." He mumbles just as I turn to pay for the wheel and we make our way to our carriage. Noah and I take one side and Nick sits on the other. He has a glint in his eye and is looking around to see if the other carriages are full.

"Don't you fucking dare." I warn Nick and he scoffs. "I don't know what you're thinking but don't." I continue.

"You two are like children." Noah laughs just as our carriage starts to lift.

"Aren't you glad we get along?" Nick asks.

"Yeah it's great. You know I value your opinion." Noah says to Nick making him smile.

"Did you guys talk about me before we went official?" I ask Noah and Nick nods.

"Ofcourse, he's my best friend." A smile plays on my lips. I like that they spoke about me, it makes me wonder if they spoke about me the same way I spoke to Cassidy about Noah. With excitement of what might be, with a knowing feeling that it was the start of something good. Noah's hand finds mine and our fingers lace together just as the carriage lifts even higher, finally stopping at the top of the wheel.

"This is unreal." The boys nod, probably thinking that I'm talking about the view but I'm not.

It's unreal that this right here is my life. I feel euphoric. I left my shit town, I made it to California with the help of Noah letting me stay with him. I'm living the dream I wanted since I was a child. I've got published work selling in stores. I'm writing a new novel the way I always wanted to. I've made new friends amongst meeting Noah and I have the most wonderful relationship.

"I love you." I whisper to Noah and quickly kiss him.

"I love you too." He gently replies and Nick pretends to vomit.

"love you too Nicholas." I sarcastically say and Nick smirks.

"Love ya too. You won't love me in a second Mar." Nick says his smirk still planted on his face as he begins to rock the carriage.

"Told you we'd be babysitting." Noah laughs, Nick still rocking the carriage.

"Ay!" One of the workers shouts up at us finally making Nick stop.

"Boring." Nick stops rocking the carriage looking genuinely really disappointed that his fun has been put to a stop. We take photos at the top of the wheel and I'm a little sad once we're back on the ground.

"That was fun." I say taking Noah's hand as he helps me out of the carriage.

"Where to next?" Nick asks and I shrug.

"Arcade?" Noah suggests, Nick nods almost instantly.

"Sounds good, maybe I'll finally get that third round of air hockey." I smile.

"It's on Margo." Noah smiles back at me as we head towards the arcade.

*

We're in the car going back home "Play God" by Sam Fender blasts through the speakers. I again beat Noah at air hockey and Nick, although Noah did beat Nick when they played against each other. Noah won me a stuffed black cat with a red heart for a nose in the claw machine. Then we played a couple classic arcade games before we decided to leave.

"That was so fun, I wanna go back already." I say making Noah and Nick laugh.

"We will." Noah tells me and gently squeezes my thigh.

"I have a date tonight so pick up the pace." Nick says from the back seat. My head whips round to look at him.

"Thats so exciting! Who is it?" I can't help going all girly on him, Noah chuckles next to me but keeps his eyes on the road. Nick stares at me like he's cautious he'll overshare.

"Just some chick he keeps hooking up with but won't commit to." Noah quickly looks up to the mirror and even though he's got his sunglasses on you can tell he's glaring at Nick.

"I like her but we went on tour. It made it hard. Now I'm back we'll see what happens." Nick replies matter of fact.

"Yeah, sure." Noah's eyes now firmly back on the road.

"You guys do love to give relationship advice to each other." I joke and Nick nods.

"Nick should follow his own advice." Noah says as "Lighthouse" by Mallory Knox starts to play.

"Are you scared of commitment?" I ask Nick making him frown slightly.

"I don't know what it is... it's like I panic. It's easier to keep people at arms length so you don't disappoint them when they get too close." Nick sighs.

"You like her though right?" Nick nods to my question. "Look, I bet she likes you too. Especially if she's still wanting to see you after you've been away. You're a pretty cool guy, she'd be lucky to have you. You can't run from the things you're scared of. If you don't try you'll never know how amazing it could be." Nick nods again.

I guess... but that's easy for you to say. You and Noah are basically made for each other. You guys are almost perfect."

"Nick, Noah and I haven't even been together properly for a month. Ofcourse we seem almost perfect. It's called the honeymoon phase. We haven't really had to deal with any big issues."

"Apart from Noah not telling you who he was, a fucking ocean and being sabotaged by a friend." Nick reminds me.

"Well yeah..." I quietly say.

"We made it work though. Nick we want this so we make it work. If you want something you go for it and you make it fucking work. FYI I think we are perfect." Noah takes my hand, lifts it to his lips and gently kisses it.

"Well let's just see how tonight goes. Then I can take it from there. Thanks guy. Today was fun we should do it again sometime." Nick says as we pull up to the house. We all make our way inside and Nick heads straight upstairs to go get ready for his date.

"So we're home alone." Noah wiggles his eyebrows at me.

"Looks like we will be in an hour or so." I reply with a wink.

"Can't. Fucking. Wait."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 478 37
I'll never know who I was, before I faded away into the grey... Kendra Winter has just landed in Los Angeles. As an agent with the Supernatural Depar...
4.1K 54 42
BOOK TWO After a heartbreaking breakup, Noah Sebastian finds the strength to move on and do what he does best with his band, which is touring the wo...
770 54 18
Sadie King is so determined that she's burnt herself out. Everything in her world just seems grey. Working full time in London, but desperate to keep...
14.6K 696 32
Despite Briar's carefully laid plans, she finds her life in shambles. One fateful night something terrible happens to her and Noah has to step in...