House of Memories (Book 2)

By amengaywomen_3d

As the shadow phoenix arises in one place, it is pushed down on another. Ruby is more frightened by her power... More

Chapter 1- A dark reflection
Chapter 2- Crushing
Chapter 3- The woods' dark beauty
Chapter 4- Third energy
Chapter 5- Stalker
Chapter 6- Deadly mission
Chapter 7- Into the lion's den
Chapter 8- Dreams
Chapter 9- Riding down a hill
Chapter 10- A magic love
Chapter 11- Saving the Groom
Chapter 12- Lord Copycat
Chapter 13- Dark Essence
Chapter 14- The Professor
Chapter 15- Reunited
Chapter 16- You're such a back stabber
Chapter 17- In the way of love
Chapter 18- Familiar
Chapter 19- Flaw
Chapter 20- Demon slayer
Chapter 21- Ripped paper
Chapter 22- Threatened
Chapter 23- Longing and Heartbreak
Chapter 24- Runaways
Chapter 25- Exhaustion
Chapter 26- Little One
Chapter 27- Weak
Chapter 28- The offer of a lifetime
Chapter 29- Confession
Chapter 30-Gangbanger
Chapter 31- New allies
Chapter 33-It's all your fault
Chapter 34- Comfort
Chapter 35- Invitation
Chapter 36- Party
Chapter 37- Halloween Pranks

Chapter 32- The power of Music

404 27 21
By amengaywomen_3d

Ruby leaned her back against a tree and sighed in relaxation as 'Pretty Girls' by Reneé Rapp was blasted directly into her ears. She hummed along with a smile. That woman's voice was just something else.

She frowned as she heard muffled arguing through her headphones. Opening her eyes she saw Musa yelling at a short old man who was not a lot happier than she was. Eventually he spoke again and by the time he was done Musa had fallen to her knees and was crying violently. The man sighed and walked away, leaving the girl to cry on her own.

Ruby watched the old man walk away with a glare and immediately rushed to her friend's side. She didn't say anything while she kneeled next to the girl and pulled her into a hug. Musa gladly accepted it and burried her head in her friends neck while wrapping her arms around her shoulders, sobbing.

The redhead rubbed her back up and down comfortingly and waited patiently for her to stop crying. Minutes later Musa's breathing was finally steady and her crying was reduced to soft sniffling.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" Ruby whispered, squeezing the girl tighter.

"That was my father." The girl admitted, her voice cracking. "He said he was going to transfer me to another school because he doesn't approve of my dream to become a singer."

"Oh, Muse, I'm so sorry." Ruby said, kissing her friend's head. "Don't worry, we'll figure something out. Not even over my dead body will you leave this school, I promise."

"Thank you, Ruby. Just... don't do anything crazy." Musa said.

"No promises." Ruby said, making Musa laugh.

"What song is that?" Musa asked, pulling away from her friend.

Ruby looked down at her headphones that were still blasting music. She picked up her phone to find out which song was playing.

"Right now is 'In the Kitchen' by Reneé Rapp." Ruby answered.

"Who's that?"

"You don't know her?" Ruby asked, and Musa shook her head. "Are you straight?"

"I'm Bi actually."

"Bitch, what kind of sad world are you living in?" Ruby asked, confusing Musa. "Come on, sit here."

The two girls leaned their backs against a tree nearby while Ruby disconected her headphones from her phone and let the music play loud and clear for them and anyone passing by to hear. By the end of the song Musa was humming along and smiling, her sadness from earlier having completely disappeared.

"She has an impressive voice. It's so beautiful that, even though the song is sad, it gives me a huge sense of peace. Do you know what I mean?" Musa asked.

"Of course I do. I feel the exact same way. That's why I listen to her songs." Ruby answered smiling. "Well, that and the fact that she's smoking hot. God took His sweet time and care in creating her."

The two girls brust out laughing as the song switched to 'Gemini Moon'.

"Ruby, Musa. Hey." A voice shouted from afar. The girls looked to the side and Ruby smiled brightly at the sight of her girlfriend waving and walking toward them. "What are you doing?"

"I had a fight with my dad so Ruby is cheering me up with music." Musa said.

"What better way to cheer up the Fairy of Music?" Ebony asked, sitting down in front of them. "So who's this?"

"Reneé Rapp."

"Oh." Ebony said, pursing her lips. "Yeah, I don't really like her."

"How dare you?" Ruby asked, playfully.

"What? She's talented, but I just think she's too obnoxious and rude in interviews and in general."

"Again, how dare you?"

"I like Ariana Grande better."

"Musa, do you want to do the honours?"

"How dare you?" Musa asked, giggling. "Wait, I like Ariana."

"So do I, but I wouldn't choose her over Reneé."

"It's just my humble opinion." Ebony said, giggling.

"And I'll respect that, no matter how much I think you're wrong and demented." Ruby joked making the two laugh.

"Musa, shouldn't you get ready for the concert? It's getting late." Ebony reminded her, looking up at the orange sky.

"Oh, shit. You're right, thank you for reminding me." Musa said, standing up and running toward the school. "See you girls later."

"Good luck." Ruby shouted after her.

"We should also head there now." Ebony said, standing up and offering a hand to help Ruby up.

"Yeah sure." Ruby sighed, taking her girlfriend's hand and standing up. They interlocked their fingers and began walking toward Red Fountain where the concert would be held at. "Please tell me you at least like Beyoncé."

"Also not one of my favourite singers." Ebony admitted. "And neither is girl in red. Or Lady Gaga."

"Alright, stop talking. Every single word that is currently coming out of your mouth is making me question our whole relationship." Ruby joked, making Ebony chuckle. The brunette nudged her with her shoulder playfully.

"Shut up."

Suddenly, Ruby bumped into someone, and to prevent them from falling, she grabbed their waist and pulled them close to her. She held a beautiful auburn haired girl with bright and, awfully familiar, doe eyes of the color teal. The girl's face was a deep shade of red as Ruby's hands gripped her waist tightly and their faces were too close together.

Ebony cleared her throat angrily causing the two girls to snap out of their transe. Ruby let go of the auburn haired girl and took a step back, leaving her personal space.

"Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." Ruby apologized smiling kindly, deepening the girls blush.

"Yeah, no-no problem." She cleared her throat, trying to compose herself. "I wasn't looking where I was going either so..."

"Let's go." Ebony said, grabbing Ruby's arm with both her hands. The aurburn haired girl glared daggers at Ebony and at her hands on the redhead's arm. Ruby swore she was able to hear her teeth grinding. "We're going to be late for the concert."

"Bye." Ruby said, waving at the girl while her girlfriend pulled her away. "You didn't have to be so rude, you know?"

"I have all the right in the world to be rude. She was staring at you like you are a peace of meat."

"Technically I am a piece of meat and bones and organs." Ruby joked, however Ebony didn't find it that funny. "Come on, don't be like that. I don't even know her, you've got no reason to be jealous."

"I'm not jealous." Ebony said through gritted teeth.

"Really? Say that to your face 'cause it doesn't seem to agree with you."

Ebony scoffed and rolled her eyes and didn't say another word the rest of their walk to Red Fountain

When they arrived at the school it was already dark and they were just in time for the concert to start. The lights of the stage in the middle of the arena went on and Musa ran into the stage with a bright smile. Everyone started cheering like crazy as the Fairy waved at them excitedly and began singing.

"You go girl." Ruby shouted from the top of her lungs making Musa smile and wave at her.

"She's great." Ebony said dancing along the song.

"I know right?" Flora said, approaching the two girls with the other Winx, Pixies and Ghouls. The latter and Kaylus immediately rushed to Ruby's side. 

"Yeah, Musa." Layla shouted, cheering for her friend

"Where's Stella?" Ruby yelled so the girls could hear her over the loud music.

"She's performing too." Bloom yelled back.

As if on cue, the music ended and Codatorta stepped into stage wearing a grey suit and presented Stella.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen. I'd like to invite on stage the most radiant Fairy of Alfea, Stella."

The blonde stepped into the stage with a skyblue dress and a bright smile in her face. She waved at the crowd who cheered for her, but accidentaly tripped and fell face first on the ground to which everyone laughed.

"Holy shit." Ruby said chuckling, earning an elbow to her ribs from her sister.

Stella stood up and laughed awkwardly, not letting her small embarrassing moment ruin her mood.

"Thank you all." Musa said, her voice reaching every corner of the arena though her microphone, and began singing and dancing along with Stella.

Ruby felt a tap on her shoulder and she turned around, being met with doe eyes staring back at her. She smiled at the auburn haired girl she had bumped into earlier.

"Hey, do you need anything?" Ruby asked, smiling kindly.

"Oh, uh, well not really." The girl said, blushing madly. "I don't even know why I did that. I'm sorry."

"It's ok. Are you enjoying the concert?" Ruby asked, trying to make the girl feel less awkward. "Musa's great, right?"

"Yeah, sure." The girl answered sarcastically and Ruby caught her glaring daggers at her friend,

"Don't you like her?"

"Her music's not really my style." The girl answered looking back at Ruby.

"What's your style then?" Ruby asked, basically dismissing her friends and girlfriend next to them. They were too distracted dancing to Musa's song, though, so they didn't really notice them talking.

"Uhm... AC/DC." She answered.

"Really? I like them too. What's your favourite song?" Ruby asked, completely forgetting about the others.

"Thunderstruck, obviously." The girl answered, chuckling. "I'm also really into Neoni, Billie Eilish, Beyoncé and Reneé Rapp."

"Shut the fuck up, you like Reneé?" Ruby asked, getting excited. 

"Of course I do. She's amazing." The girl answered, smiling widely. 

"My favourite song is Snow Angel."

"My sister loves that song too. I personally like Poison Poison better. There's just something about telling a girl to go fuck herself that makes me feel so good with myself."

Ruby laughed.

"You're funny, I like you." She said, making the girl blush slightly. "I'm Ruby by the way."

"Oh, uh, I am..." The girl paused for a second, seeming to think for some reason. "I-I am Beatrix."

"You're not from Alfea are you? I don't think I've ever seen you around and you don't really look like a Fairy, but I could be wrong. I mean look at me." 

"God no. I'm a Witch. I would reather die than to be a Fairy." Beatrix said, quickly realizing her mistake. "No offense."

"None taken." Ruby chuckled. The redhead looked behind her and noticed that Sky and Brandon had gotten into stage and were performing a fire dance shirtless. She tried to look for her friends who had gotten a bit far from them. "Hey, come meet my friends. I'm sure you'll like them."

"Oh, no it's ok, they're obviously busy." Beatrix said, cringing at the Winx who basically drooled over the boys.

"Well, give me your phone then." Ruby asked. Beatrix immediately took out her phone and gave it to the redhead. "Here's my number, we should hang out someday."

"Yeah, sure, but don't you have a girlfriend?" Beatrix asked glaring at the brunette that was watching the boys a few feet away from them.

"Don't worry about her. She doesn't decide who I make friends with." Ruby said, handing Beatrix her phone back. "That said, call me so we can hangout."

"Yeah, sure. If you pick up." Beatrix said, mumbling the last part, however Ruby heard her.

"Why wouldn't I?" Ruby asked.

"Nothing, forget I said anything." Beatrix said, chuckling nervously. Ruby smiled softly, a bit confused by the girl's behaviour.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Witches, Fairies and Specialists" Codatorta said once the boys finished the dance. "It is with the greatest pride that I present to you our next performer, the real star of this evening. Please welcome, Musa."

The curtains behind Codatorta opened and Musa ran into stage to stand under the spotlight. The audience errupted in cheers and aplause and screaming, The Winx being the loudest of all the people.

"This is a song I wrote called 'A Sky Without Moon And Stars'." Musa said, before beginning the song with a beautiful vocalization. "There's an emptiness you left, no one else can ever fill, now you're gone and in my heart, there's a pain that just won't heal..."

Ruby smiled with tears in her eyes as she found herself relating a lot to the song. It had been a long time since Emily and Amanda passed, almost two years, but it was still a wound to be fully healed, but Musa's song and knowing that she wasn't alone in that kind of struggle filled her heart with joy.

She felt a stray tear fall down her cheek, and not long after, a hand cupped her cheek and a thumb wiped away the tear. Ruby flinched in surprise as she looked to the side to see Beatrix smiling at her sympathetically. The redhead stared into those bright teal eyes, that had gone from doe to siren eyes, and felt her cheeks eat up.

The girl smirked and carressed Ruby's cheek lovingly which caused the Fairy's eyes to widen in realization as she finally recognized the Witch next to her.

"Stormy?" Ruby asked 'Beatrix' who removed her hand from her cheek in shock

"What?" 

"What are you doi..." Before Ruby could finish 'Beatrix' was shoved to the ground by Ebony.

"Who the hell do you think you are? Didn't you already notice she has a girlfriend?" The brunette shouted, receiving a few odd stares from the crowd surrounding them.

"Ebony, that is not a good idea." Ruby tried to warn her, but the brunette wouldn't listen and instead stepped closer to 'Beatrix' as she regained her footing.

"Get the fuck away from her and don't touch her." Ebony said threateningly.

"I didn't really see her complaining about my touch." 'Beatrix' provoked, smirking mockingly. Ebony growled in anger and raised her fist delivering a strong blow to 'Beatrix's' nose. The Witch lost her balance and fell to the ground again.

"That's it you, Bitch." She said, having lost her patience as well. 'Beatrix' stood up as small sparks of energy surrounded her hands.

"Ebony." Ruby shouted and ran towards the girl, however it was too late. 'Beatrix' struck Ebony with a huge bolt of lightning that sent her flying 20 feet away. The Fairy landed on the ground and didn't stand back up. "Shit."

Ruby ran towards her girlfriend and kneeled next to her, cradling her close to her chest. Luckily she still breathed. 

"Phoenix tears." Ruby said, running her hand over Ebony's chest where she had been hit. Very quickly the burns disappeared from her body, bringing relief to the Fairy.

The redhead looked back to where 'Beatrix' was, only to see her high up in the air, becoming Stormy again. Apparently she had struck Musa's father with a lightning and challenged the Fairy to a rematch since their previous fight had been won by Musa.

"Fire away Musa, but think what your sonic bombs would do to these people." Stormy taunted. "Do you really want to hurt them."

Musa, who was already in her Fairy form, walked to the microphone and spoke. "Listen I want each and every one of you to help me, let's all sing together."

"She's got a scroose lose." Ruby said, holding Ebony's unconscious body closer to hers as Musa began vocalizing.

"A sad song, how appropriate." Stormy mocked.

"Sing." Riven shouted since no one was singing. "Come on you idiots, do what Musa says, sing along everyone. Trust Musa, she knows what she's doing. Come on sing."

With Riven's encouragment everyone in the audience began vocalizing with Musa until the whole arena was filled with a enormous harmony of voices.

"I feel the strenght of your song." Musa said, raising her hands high into the sky as a ball of light appeared between them and floated higher and higher in the air.

"Oh, no. What's happening to my powers?" Stormy said, noticing her bracelet's glow had dimmed as Musa's orb became brighter. "Curse you, Musa."

"Stormy as left the building." Musa joked as the Witch was thrown away by the orb's magic. Everyone in the audience cheered and screamed happily for the Fairy.

Ruby, however, sighed and picked Ebony up, getting ready to go away.

"Bea, where are you going?" Bloom asked, approaching her sister.

"I better take Ebony to the infirmary. I know I used my powers, but I don't want to risk anything." Ruby answered. "I just wish the Trix would just stop trying to kill her."

"Yeah, me too." Bloom said, smiling sheepishly. "Well, see you tomorrow."

"Goodnight, Piglet." Ruby said, and went away with her girlfriend in her arms.

Once she arrived at Alfea she imediately hurried to put Ebony on a bed in the infirmary. She sat down next to her and waited for her to wake up, putting her headphones on and as 'Gemini Moon' played Ruby suddenly had the second realization of the day.

Holy shit I fucking gave Stormy my number.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 8.8K 90
She was the perfect child, second inline for the throne, until she wasn't. The burned ones aren't the only threat Alfea faces, irreversible damage c...
1.3K 26 6
After the restoration of Domino and the defeat of the Ancestral Witches, the Winx are hailed as legendary heroes throughout the Magic Dimension. One...
18.1K 569 21
!!THIS IS THE SECOND BOOK IN THE TOTDF SERIES!! Long ago, a portion of the Shadow Phoenix's power was stripped away as punishment for its crimes agai...
118K 2.9K 48
After a long and hard battle, the Winx and Specialists finally defeated the evil Wizards of the Black Circle. Or so they thought. To finally rule th...