Between Life

By Vouexreve

[ON GOING] ⚠️SU1C1D3, D3PR3SS10N⚠️ Synopsis: "In 'Between Life,' the story unfolds as my existence, once devo... More

Chapter 1: A Glimpse into Another Me
Chapter 2: Navigating the Threads of Destiny
Chapter 3: Shadows of Sorrow - Navigating the Aftermath
Chapter 4: Whispers of Desperation
Chapter 5: Unshed Tears - A Journey Through Unforgiving Words and Silent Sorrows
Chapter 6: Bearing the Weight of Silence
Chapter 7: A Twist of Destiny
Chapter 8: Entangled Realities - Unraveling the Threads of Time
Chapter 9: Shadows in the Sunlight
Chapter 10: Unexpected Connections
Hello!!!
Chapter 11: Getting Closer
Chapter 13: Me, And The Other One
Chapter 14: Same Look, Not Twins
Chapter 15: That's How I Show That I Like You
Chapter 16: Ego
Chapter 17: You Are Not Her, But How?

Chapter 12: Echoes of Friendship

2 1 0
By Vouexreve

"Careful, Mom, those eyes of yours seem like they're about to jump into the TV. You're not even looking at me when I talk," I said, laughing.

"Alright, stop it, I'm focused here. When else do we get such peaceful moments at home? It's only when Dad and Asher are out that I can enjoy this quiet time," Mom replied.

"Okay, Your Majesty," I teased, grabbing my phone just to check social media, glancing at the TV from time to time. I've checked social media several times, well, actually it's owned by the body I'm inhabiting. she's diligent about posting photos of family and friends, always showing with a smile that seems to show how happy their life is. I wonder if it's truly happiness or if there's something I'm missing.

As I waited for 3 PM to approach, I spent time watching Korean dramas with Mom, occasionally chatting. When the clock neared 3, I quickly got ready. After I was prepared, I said goodbye to Mom and headed to the cinema. Upon arrival, I didn't see any of my friends' faces. Well, it seems they're running late.

I opened the group chat that Lior had created last night, confirming that he indeed made it after sending me that message. I then sent a message to the group, which consisted of 5 members, including myself.

________________________________________

(Group Chat)

Seraphina:

Where are you guys?

Lior:

Oops, are you already there? Hold on, my mom asked me to catch the cat T_T I'll be on my way soon. Really sorry, but I'll try to be super quick, like as fast as a flash.

Kevin:

Just finished changing clothes, on my way~

Hanna:

On the way now

(sending a photo)

Almost there

Yura:

Just woke up :')

Seraphina:

Oh my goodness...

I'm speechless 0-0

I'm waiting for you, Hanna!!

Hanna:

Alright.

_________________________________________

Not long after, I spotted Hanna strolling into the cinema. I dashed over to catch up with her. "Finally, you're here! I thought I'd be alone for ages, especially after seeing the lack of response from the group chat," I said, relieved to have at least one friend now.

"They're probably still a while away. How about we grab our tickets first? There's a new horror flick out, let's catch that. And let's buy their tickets too; they won't refuse if we've already bought them," Hanna suggested. I nodded, and we walked together to the ticket counter. We purchased five tickets for the latest horror movie titled "IT." After that, we grabbed some popcorn and drinks before taking our seats, keeping an eye out for any familiar faces.

10 minutes passed.

20 minutes passed.

30 minutes passed.

40 minutes passed.

Who knows how many topics we discussed during that time. "Gosh, it's taking forever. Where do they live, the North Pole or something? This delay is beyond ridiculous," Hanna exclaimed.

"Wait a sec, let me message them again," I replied, retrieving my phone from my crossbody bag. I opened the group chat,

_________________________________________

(Group Chat)

Seraphina:

"Where are you guys? The movie's starting in 15 minutes. It's just me and Hanna here. Kevin said he was on his way ages ago, but he's nowhere in sight."

Lior:

(sending a photo)

On my way, I'm in the car. Don't worry, I'll be there in 5 minutes (●'◡'●)

Kevin:

Wait.... I've been at the cinema, guys! Where are you?

(sending a photo)

Hanna:

What a fool!

Why must fools exist? Wrong cinema, damn it. Why did you end up there? You know our usual spot, Kevin!! Geez!

Seraphina:

(。_。).........

Yura:

Still on the bus.

Should arrive in about 5 minutes, almost there

Kevin:

WHAT!!! WHO'S THE IDIOT HERE?

OH, IT'S ME

╰(‵□′)╯

ON THE WAY, WAIT UP

YOU BETTER WATCH OUT, HANNA, I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A GOOD SLAP WHEN I GET THERE

HOW DARE YOU CALL ME FOOLS!

Hanna:

Whatever floats your boat

The sane one will yield.

_________________________________________

Five minutes later,

"Seraphina, Hanna," a voice called out, and both of us turned to see who it was. It was Yura, finally arriving, rushing toward us.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I'm terribly late. I'm really sorry!" Yura apologized, panting heavily, then glanced around. "Huh? It's just the three of us? I thought I'd be the latest."

"Make it four. Lior just arrived," Hanna said, waving towards Lior. Lior quickly ran over to us.

"Hey, everyone!" Lior greeted cheerfully, seemingly without a care in the world.

"How dare you show up late?" Yura exclaimed.

"But weren't you late too? I just saw you getting off the bus," Lior replied, tilting his head slightly in confusion.

"But I got here before you did. Besides, it's different when I'm late; they're used to it because I'm always late. But you? You're new to our circle," Yura retorted, sticking out her tongue.

"Alright, alright, both late, just a minute apart, no need to argue," I said.

"GUYS!" someone exclaimed loudly, making us all turn, and who else could it be but Kevin?

"Look at that idiot, making a scene. Why do we even bother being friends with that weirdo?" Hanna remarked cynically.

Kevin arrived in front of all of us, gasping for breath. "You think I can't hear what you're saying, huh? Crazy woman," he muttered, met with only a "What?" in response from Hanna.

"No," Kevin quickly retorted. "Hey, what are we watching anyway? Weren't you two supposed to buy the tickets earlier?" Kevin looked at Hanna and me, each of us holding our own popcorn and drinks. "Damn, seriously? You only bought for two, and the rest of us have to fend for ourselves?" he continued.

"Hey, pea-brain, we only have two hands, idiot. Make it four by adding Seraphina's hands, how are we supposed to hold all the popcorn and drinks if we buy for five people? Stupidity knows no bounds. It's better if you bought your own ticket and then complained about being late, number one complainer," Hanna said, annoyed.

"Scary how true her words are, but whatever, chill. Hey, Lior, let's go buy popcorn and drinks together. Might as well get Yura's too while we're at it," Kevin replied, glancing at Lior. Lior nodded, and they both went to purchase them.

Well, that's how it goes every time Hanna and Kevin meet. Not a day goes by without a verbal sparring match between them. For Lior, maybe it's still a new thing, but for me and Yura, it's become quite ordinary. Somehow, despite it all, we still remain friends. Anyway, after Lior and Kevin finished buying popcorn and drinks for themselves and Yura, we headed towards our movie theater. An announcement had been made that our movie would start soon. As we walked, Lior, who was behind me, suddenly walked up beside me.

"What are we watching? Kevin asked earlier, but Hanna didn't answer because she was too annoyed," he said.

"It's 'IT,' you know? Seems like a lot of people are looking forward to it. There's also quite a bit of content about it on Instagram. It's a horror movie. Are you scared of horror movies?" I replied.

Lior nodded slowly. "Horror movies... not really scared, well maybe just a little bit," he said. I responded with a nod of my own.

_________________________________________________________

Hey, everyone!!!

How do you all feel about the previous chapters that have been released? I'm totally open to feedback and suggestions from all of you lovely readers^^

Oh, and if there are any English parts that seem off or a bit too much, I apologize in advance. Just a reminder, English isn't my first language, but I love writing in it *^____^*

I'm trying my best to make the language sound natural, hope you're enjoying my first story!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 97K 37
Presenting the story of ISHIKA MEHRA Whose innocence made the king bow down to her AND ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE Whose presence is enough to make the per...
216K 10.3K 55
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
155K 7.9K 22
I suddenly died while reading greek mythology. I know! I know! It's so cliche! I am very aware of that fact! But you're correct, I got reincarnated i...
45K 4.3K 40
ទំនាក់ទំនងរវាងក្មួយនិងពូដែលចាប់ផ្តើមឡើងមកដោយពាក្យថាធុញ!! ធុញគ្រប់ពេលដែលឃើញមុខគ្នា ធុញគ្រប់ពេលដែលនិយាយមិនចេះស្តាប់ហើយក៏រំខាន់ការងារ ប៉ុន្តែសុខសុខ ក្មួ...