Escape || Cole Walter

By pountinecoats

"You know New York," "What is it now cowboy?" "I would love to escape with you" ••• After Elle and Jackie'... More

Introduction
Playlist
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Fourty
Fourty One
Fourty Two
Fourty Three
Fourty Four
Fourty Five
Epilogue

Thirty Seven

2.2K 38 4
By pountinecoats

•••revolutions•••

The creaky wooden door of my room opens and I look over with a bright smile to Alex.

He is wearing his little flannel and jeans outfit for the big race he has today. The country boy outfit always makes me laugh because its so weird to see on him. Ive always called Cole Cowboy, and seeing an actual cowboy has changed my mind.

It sucks I have to miss the second half of the rodeo part, I would love to be there to support him.
But this audition for the summer intensive was scheduled way before I knew about any of this county fair stuff. But I should be getting picked up by Danny just in time to get to the carnival for the concert.

"Hey, you okay?" He asks me, stepping inside and resting his hand on my bed frame. His blue eyes stare deep into me, taking in my every move as I pack up my bags.

"Im nervous. But itll be okay. Are you nervous?" I ask, poking at his pectoral muscle with a small laugh. The sun shine through my small window, hitting him just right in the eye. It reflects out, making the blue even more beautiful.

"Nah, I just have to ride like I did yesterday."

"Well then youve got it in the bag." I compliment, finishing packing up my ballet bag, and an extra backpack to change into after my interview. I grab a pair of sweatpants from the end of my bed and throw those on top of my leotard to keep me warm while getting to the studio.

"Im more excited about going to the concert tonight." He mentions in a flirty tone.

"Ive never been to an outdoor concert before."

"You havent lived." He laughs. I throw the bags on my shoulder, and start to walk out with him following me. "So I'll see you there?"

"You sure will." I give him a fist bump as we walk down the stairs. "Danny will pick me up and bring me straight there. You dont have to wait for me or anything." I explain, turning on the stairs to look back at him.

"Okay. Youre going to crush it Elle." I smile at him, my cheeks turning red from the happiness Ive felt with Alex ever since we made up yesterday. I really missed our friendship while he was mad at me.

I step out onto the warm porch and take in a deep breath. This weather is perfect. I've craved it for so long. My eyes meet Danny's who sits with his legs up on the railing, while sitting in one of the white wicker chairs.

"You ready Elle?" He asks me, jangling his keys.

"I hope so." I laugh nervously, bounding down the steps. Across the way, in the shed, my eyes land on Cole. He is in a white wife-beater tank top and jeans. His muscles pop out prominently from his position, leaning over his black truck.

"You definitely are, little Manhattan dancer." Danny jokes.

"This thing will be going any day now!" Cole yells at the two of us who are clearly starring as we walk to the car.

"Yeah right!" Danny yells back, hopping into the drivers seat with us snickering. The first thing he does after starting the car is rolling down the windows. "You want aux?" He asks, handing me the cord.

"Oh god yes please." I say, grabbing the it and hooking it into my phone. I need all the comfort I can get right now.

He puts the car in drive with a smirk. "I figured as much."

"Good luck New York!" Cole yells at us as we drive past the dark wooden garage.

The first thing my mind thinks to do is stick my hand out of the window and flip him off. I don't get to see his reaction, but Danny absolutely dies with laughter.

"I'm sorry about the award night." He apologizes once on the road.

Shaking my head, I pick one of my hype songs. "No don't be. It wasn't your fault."

"I still feel terrible. No one deserved that."

I shrug. "Let's not go there on the way to this audition." I joke.

"You're right you're right, sorry." Danny's fingers paddle against the steering wheel to my song. "Do you remember the bonfire at the lake cabin?"

"I do." I answer with a giggle. That whole day was one of my more embarrassing moments.

"You called me stunning." He flaunts, distracting my mind from anything bad now.

"Hey she didn't lie." I defend myself, holding up my hands in surrender.

"You were talking about how special Lucy and I were too." He adds, looking over to see my face become more serious.

"I might remember that." I laugh again. I do remember it. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

"Well I wanted to remind me about everything you said. And what I said to you. You told me you didn't really feel special." He continues, starting to go on a full rant. "But I told you that you are very special. You've got something about you."

"And I can't even explain it." I finish his sentence, quoting him from a couple weeks ago.

"Exactly." He agrees with a proud smile. "I just wanted you to remember that. Because now that I know you better I know one of those special things is your dance. Your movements in people, in dance, in life. They are more than what other people can do. It is so special to have you as a sister." He admits, his confidence dying a little bit.

My smile grows from ear to ear. "Danny!" I yell, grabbing his arm. "That is so sweet." My heart feels like it is genuinely swelling from him calling me his sister. "It means the world to me to have you as a brother Danny." I repeat back to him just in the nick of time.

We pull into the empty parking lot. I take a full, calming breath. My eyes meeting Danny's. "You've got this more than anyone." He assures me, parking the car.

"Thank you so much." I lean over and embrace him in a warm hug before stepping out of the car with both of my bulky bags.

•••

"Elle Howard, lovely to meet you." The interviewer shakes my hand firmly from across the table that has been set up in the middle of one of the practice rooms Ive never been in before.

This older lady has long, blonde hair, a long face, and is very skinny. Everything about her seems to be long. Like she has been stretched out in one of those mirrors from the carnival.

Her face is pointed, and she has crease lines at her eyes. She is everything you would expect from a ballet teacher. Beautiful, but scary at the same time. She seems threatening, but still so kind.

"It is an honor to meet you Miss Edwards." I bow my head back, sitting down across from the table only after she has been seated. My nerves are driving me crazy. Ive done this a million times with other dance programs and different schools. But this time is different because it's almost been a year. If I fail, I dont know how I will forgive myself.

She looks down at a large stack of papers in front of her. Her posture is incredibly straight, making me even more concious of mine. Ive always had good posture because Lucy told me I would get a hunchback like our grandma when she was playing with me one day. I knew it wasnt true, but Ive sat straight since.

"Ive heard your last year has been very intimidating." She speaks, starring straight up at me, with one of the many papers in her hand. Because she hasnt asked me a question, or addressed me, I dont say anything. "Has that affected your ability to dance at all?"

I take a moment to think about it. I could lie, and mention only where I am at now, or I could be honest about my ability to dance since then. I nod my head. Her eyebrow twitches almost undetectably. "After the accident, I wasnt able to dance for a couple months. There was a huge barrier. But the minute I got into this dance studio, I was able to throw myself back into it. Ive been coming here as often as I can, after my school studies, for as long as I can, for the last couple months. I am just getting past where I left off."

She nods sharply, with a small smile. "I did see you at the recital. You did very well." She compliments.

"Thank you very much Miss Edwards," I cant decide if I want to elaborate and explain the emotion behind it. If I want to be honest. "It was a hard role to fill, especially with my teachers expectations."

"And what are her expectations?" She asks skeptically, scribbling something down. My eyes never leave hers as I explain.

"She needed me to go all out. Let my emotions surface, which has been a struggle since the accident. But I was able to access them in full that night."

Miss Edwards nods. "The audience could definitely see that." A deep breath comes from her.

"Why do you think you would be an asset to this summer program Miss Howard?"

I look over, through one of the sunny windows and smile. "First, I am a local here, which helps in the program organizations case because I can help the girls around town. I am hardworking, beyond dedicated. Taking advice is my specialty. My years of experience is very strong-"

"And so are mine." She laughs, shaking her head. She is asking for a better explanation.

I let out a short breath from a small amount of aggrivation. "I also have the talent to show my everything when dancing without messing up. Ive been told, and in my years of dance Ive also noticed, it is important to make the audience feel something. If you know the steps, if you can dance in a group, thats amazing. But if you can convey your emotions outwards, it is even better. And it is something Ive even been unitentionally doing my whole life."
Miss Edwards nods her head. "I had a couple more questions prepared, but Ive got an excellent letter of recommendation from both Miss DeBoux, and also Mr. Mendoza."

My eyebrows raise at the two packets she holds up in front of me. Miss Deboux, also known as Abbi, and Mr. Mendoza, one of my New York teachers. "I take it you had no idea they were being sent in?" She asks me, watching my surprised face develope.

"I didnt." A smile cant help but escape across my face from some of my favorite people.

"It means a lot to have these without a student even knowing. It shows promise." She mentions. I think she is complimenting me, but I can't quite tell from her tight lips. "Would you like to show me what you have prepared Miss Howard?" She asks me, holding out her arm to the open floor.

"I would." I answer, standing up and heading over to the bag I left by the door. I take off my sweatpants and throw on my pointe shoes as fast as I can. I did warm up before this as much as I could without becoming exhausted.

After that getting everything ready, I hook up my phone to the stereo, stationed in the corner of the room.

My audio begins to play as I take my starting positon to the right.

___

I'm not sure how I feel about this one
Let me know what you guys think babes
<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.3K 415 22
After learning about the deaths of their family, Jackie and Sophie Howard will have to face some unexpected changes in their life leaving behind all...
70.2K 2.2K 15
"i say i'm done but i'm still confused how am i supposed to close the door when I still need the closure?" or river calflin never really saw a future...
248K 6.8K 42
๑‧˚₊꒷ ❛ if i told you, you know how to go and break my heart in two . . ❜ ﹆⸝⸝ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 avery and jackie howard move in with the walters after...
111K 3.3K 39
cinnamon in my teeth from your kiss. ( my life with the walter boys, s1-s? ) ( isaac garcia x fem! oc ) ( started - 12/27/23 ) ( published - 12/27/23...