The Owl House X Reader

By Rubyraccoon12

Y/n is a teenager in a school called Hexside School of Magic and Demonics with her best friends Willow and Gu... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
How Willow And Y/n Met

9

223 10 3
By Rubyraccoon12

╔.★. .═══════════╗
🕸️
╚═══════════. .★.╝

Author's POV:

Hooty opens the door. "Hoot hoot, Luz! Time to fill up that darling little head of yours with..." Regurgitates a stack of books onto the ground. "Mm-hmm. Delicious knowledge!"

Y/n, Willow, and Gus look in from the doorway.

"Please hurry!" Gus yelled. "The more I look at him, the more uncomfortable I get," Willow said as Y/n nodded in agreement.

"Hoot hoot!" "Hehe." Luz finger-guns her friends; kisses King's head and walks off. "Don't spend all day watching MewTube, 'kay?" "I forge my own path!" King yelled.

In Hexside. The halls are decked out with balloons made of abomination goop and other decorations. Luz, Y/n, Gus, and Willow enter. "Something's different today. Did everyone get a haircut?" Luz said. "Oh yeah! I forgot you've never been here for the social event of the season!" Willow said. "Welcome to your first–"

Suddenly, two masked health workers enter, rolling a stretcher, and making siren noises. "Outta the way!" The workers surround a beast-keeping student with dark skin, blond hair that covers his eyes, and big, pointy ears similar to a bat. Skara looks on. "Come with us immediately! Your disease—it's advancing" They help him onto the stretcher.

"Is there a cure, doc?" He asked. "Only one... finding the perfect date to Grom!" "If that's the cure... then, Skara, will you go to Grom with me?" He holds out a beating heart, with "GROM?" written on it in red ink. "AHHHHH! Of course, I will, or whatever!" She hugs him, and onlooking students and teachers cheer.

Luz gasps. "You guys have a weird version of prom on the Boiling Isles? I was kicked out of my last school dance for dressing like an otter," she strikes a pose. "but maybe here, I could be your Grom Queen!" Luz explained. "That's, uh, not something people usually sign up for," Willow said.

Amity turns a corner from behind, looking down at the stack of books and a note she is carrying, and unknowingly bumps into Luz. "Watch it, nitwit! Oh. Hi, Luz... and co. Sorry about that." Amity yelled.

"No problem, let me help you!" She helps Amity pick up her books and hands her a little pink note that she dropped. "Here, your note." Amity snatches it away. "Man, you got some quick grabbers," Luz said.

"It's just, it's... private."

The speaker screeches on. Everyone looks at it. "I'm so nervous!" "Shh! This is it!" Principal Bump over the intercom. "Attention Hexside students. This is your principal speaking." "Oh, man, this is it!" Gus said. "He's announcing who'll be this year's Grom royalty," Willow exclaimed. Amity looks on, concerned. "This year, I have the privilege to bestow our highest Grom honor to...

Amity Blight!"

Y/n, Willow, Luz, and Gus gasp. The four of them turn to Amity, who looks shocked. "Our Grom Queen!" The other students gasps. "It's Amity!" "Amity!?" Amity is noticeably uneasy. "Whoo! Amity, get it, queen!" Luz holds her hand up for a high-five. Amity looks around and runs off.

"Don't leave me hangin'!" Luz said. "You might want to give her some space. Being Grom Queen is a tough job. Even for Amity." Willow said.

~~~~~~
Cut to the gym. Students are setting up decorations while Y/n is in charge of everything. The Snaggleback is hanging from the ceiling by a rope and spinning. "Okay, good. Lower the streamers, fill the punch bowl, how's my disco ball?" Y/n asked. "Nauseous."

"Awesome! Just keep it up for 36 more hours!" Y/n said.

"Hey! Y/n where do you want these decorations?" The two students holding up boxes. "Umm? Oh! Put them near the stage and start decorating!" Y/n exclaimed. As the two students ran towards the stage, they could hear Y/N yell, "Don't break anything!" from behind them.

They laughed as they ran, trying to place the decorations as carefully as they could while still trying to get them up quickly.

Once they got near the stage, they started decorating it with the decorations from the boxes. Their work turned out better than they expected, and they were pleased with it. As they finished decorating, they heard Y/N again behind them, this time saying, "That's perfect! Keep it up!"

~~~~~
Cut to the day of Grom "Arms so tired." Rockabilly-style music is playing in the background. Couples awkwardly dance on the dance floor. Willow dons corsages onto some guests. Y/n wearing headphones and has a clipboard.

Eda waits nervously to the side. She looks at her watch, which has King as the arms. "Why so twitchy, witchy? Trying to remember if I've ever seen you this worried before." King said. "Well, of course, I'm worried! I'm going to have to save Luz from a nightmare monster! Ugh, so much for Mama's fun night out." Eda said.

"Okay, Gus. You're on now!" Y/n speaking into the microphone that is attached to their headphones. The lights dim.

"Ladies, gentlemen, and assorted demons!" Gus is on the stage, in the spotlight, speaking into a microphone. "It's almost time for our main Grom event. Please, please, take a seat, and be aware that the first three rows are designated splash zones!"

One guest is sitting in the first row, wearing a raincoat and opening an umbrella. The students cheer. Eda and King sit towards the back. "Wow, Gus is really good at this. They're hanging on his every word!"

Gus encouraged the crowd to applaud. "I see we've got Principal Bump in the house! Now, sir, I hope you won't throw us in detention because, uh, we're going to raise the roof!" The spotlight goes onto Principal Bump, who is sitting in the bleachers. He makes a raising-the-roof motion with his hands and smiles. The students cheer.

"Whoo, I, uh, hope my material's up to snuff. Whoah!" He drops his card and falls into a sitting position. A whoopie cushion goes off. "What do you think will go better with the youths, close-up magic or impressions?" Eda grabs King by the collar and holds him up. "Oh, King. Teenagers are brutal. They'll boo anyone, and that kind of public humiliation can stick with you for life!"

"AAAHH!"

~~~~~~
Cut to the doorway. Amity steps out of the gym and looks around, then down at her note from this morning. She gently smooths it out with her thumb. Luz enters and she quickly pockets the note. "I'm not sure if it's nerves or if I accidentally drank some milk, but something's making my stomach squirm," Luz said.

"Uh, you look nice. Strange, but... nice." Amity puts her hands on Luz's shoulders. "And, thank you, Luz. Honestly, I'm kind of amazed with how fearless you are. You've done things I could never do." "Hah! Yeah right! You goin' soft on me, Blight?" Amity laughs. "In your dreams." They stare at each other.

"Now, introducing our Grom Queen. You know her, you love her... you've at least heard of her. Luz, the Human!" Gus exclaimed as The students cheered as the spotlight went on Luz. "Wish me luck!" Luz says. "Luck." Amity quietly said. The pedestal with the red button skitters onto the stage. Y/n presses it from the sidelines. The floor opens to reveal the Grom arena.

Skara and her date, about to lean in for a kiss, rip off their formal clothing to reveal their Grom jerseys. "Grom!" "Yes, Grom!"

The weapon racks rise on either side of Luz. She picks up a flail and places an ice glyph on it. It glows. She ventures into the arena. Grom rises. "There you are, Gromarama. Not too scary." Luz said. Grom turns into the human soul trapped in cat bodies. Cats overlapping. "Luz, help me. I'm a man. Make me human again!"

"Ugh, so weird?" She swings her flail to gain momentum and slams it to the ground. A pillar of ice rises and rockets out the cats. The students cheer. "And there she goes, folks! Using that characteristic human magic to keep Grom at bay! And now, to hand things over to my co-emcee: King!" The students cheer. King walks onto the stage.

"Hel-LO, Hexside! So.." He drops his cards and the microphone feedback screeches. He tugs at his collar. "Oh, oh gosh. Um... whoo. Wow, these lights are warm. Observe! Luz is um... she's down there, all right. And, uh, yes she is! There she goes! Folks, she's battling the thing, and uh..." The crowd begins to boo. Y/n started to freak out from the sidelines.

"Bring back the funny kid!"

"You will clap for me! Please?" King throws down the microphone and runs offstage, wailing. "King!" Gus goes after him. "Break down the currents now! And shine all the spotlights to the Luz!!" Y/n yelled into the microphone.

Back in the arena, Luz is fighting the illusion of the online jerks. "You're not coming from a place of intellectual honesty, so debating you would be pointless!" She slams an ice glyph down, which creates a sharp shard of ice that pierces the illusion and makes it disappear. The students cheer.

Y/n attitude goes on stage. "Luz has lasted surprisingly long. But what form will Grom take next!"

"Let's finish this! Human-style!" Grom rises behind Luz, towering over her. An illusion of cursed Eda with glowing eyes creeps towards her. Back in the stands, some kids look at Eda who groans and hides in her hair. The illusion reaches out to Luz's head and makes her eyes glow. It morphs into the portal door. Luz looks at it. "Huh?"

The door opens. Camila steps out. "Mija?" Luz looks on, shocked. "Mom! What are you doing here?" Luz asked. Eda peeks from behind her hair. "Luz, what is this terrible place? Espérate un momento, this isn't camp. Have you been here, all these weeks?" She gasps. "And is that a weapon?" "AH!" She drops the flail. "I can explain!"

The illusion of Camila morphs into Grom. It towers over Luz. "Mija, have you been lying to me?!" Grom growls. Luz stares at Grom-Camila, terrified.

Luz slides into the hallway, startled. She runs down the hallway. "I can't do it! I can't face my fear!" Grom-Camila chasing after her. "Why are you running, Luz!?"

"And it looks like Grom has escaped!" Y/n said. Y/n, Principal Bump, and the students move into the hallway.

"He escaped! Oh no! Grom escaped. What are we gonna do?" Gus stares at the microphone in Y/n's hand. "King, now's your chance!" King grabs the microphone as the students chatter. "Gimme! King of Demons, you got this. Well, folks, looks like our show literally just took off!"

They look at King, confused. "Weh?" "You gotta pander!" Gus said. "Uh, took off just like your local sports team would take off when they're about to make a goal?" King said as The students cheered. "Yeah, sports team! Sports team! Oh, yeah! I love our team!"

"Yeah, that's right, so let's follow them and see what happens next?" King said. Y/n takes King into her arms, and they lead out of the crowd. Amity and Eda run out of the gym after them. They nod to each other, determined.

Cut to the forest. Luz is running away as Grom follows close behind. "I don't wanna be Grom Queen anymore! I give up the throne!" Luz yelled. Grom pants. Luz comes up to a cliff and stops just before falling off. Luz yells. "Why can't you face me, Luz? Why can't you face your own mother?!" It yelled. "You're not really my mom!" She turns away. "How could you say that, cariño?! You're breaking my heart!" It yelled.

Eda riding in on her staff. "Spicy toss!" She hits Grom with a fireball, and lands. "Hands off my human, you misshapen excuse for a monster!" Grom roars. "Eda! You're right! I'm not ready" Luz said. "That's okay, I got this one." Starts casting a spell. Amity makes a noise. "Huh"

Amity jumps out from the trees and puts herself between Luz and Grom. "Stay away from her!" Grom growls and reaches out an inky arm towards Amity, lifting her high above the ground. "I'm sorry, Luz. I should have fought my own battle!" Grom's eyes glow blue, reading Amity's mind.

"I—"

Her eyes glow. "Amity! No, your fear!" Grom grows, turning more and more blob-like. Finally, it shrinks and morphs into a humanoid body. "Who is that?" Luz asked. Amity's eyes stop glowing. Grom takes the pink note from Amity's pocket and rips it in half, letting it fall to the ground. Amity closes her eyes, embarrassed, clutching her dress.

Grom slinks away. Amity picks up one-half of the note from the ground and holds it to her heart. Luz picks up the other, unfurls it, and reads it. It reads, "Will you go to Grom with me? -Amity".

Luz gasps. "You were afraid of getting rejected. Amity, it's okay. What if I went to Grom with you instead?" She holds out her hand for Amity to take. Amity reaches for it. "Really?"

"That's what friends do!" Luz smiled.
Amity smiles, then looks sternly at Grom. It rises and towers above them, roaring menacingly from huge jaws.

"Well, then, if that's settled, may I have this dance?"

She holds out her hand to Luz. She grins and takes it. They come close to dance, the moon shining brightly behind them. They dance. Luz spins Amity, and Amity casts a spell with her feet, forming a giant abomination below them. They rise on it.

Luz fans out her plant glyph cards. Amity dips Luz, and she slaps a glyph onto the abomination. They jump off, and the abomination goes into Grom's mouth. Greenlight moves within it, and then plants start to bloom through it.

Luz lands, then catches Amity, spinning her around several times before putting her on her feet. As they finish, holding hands, looking at each other, Grom explodes behind them. A giant tree is in its place. The last remnants of Grom slink off.

Luz and Amity look up as a tiara appears on both of their heads. They smile at each other. "So... who did you wanna ask out?" Luz asked. Amity blushing. "Oh, it's... it's not important."

She pulls the note-piece from her pocket and tosses it aside. It lands right beside the other half, and unfurls to read, "Luz", for a completed message of "Luz, will you go to Grom with me? -Amity".

King runs to the side of the girls. "And there you have it, folks. A happy ending for this year's Grom. Let's give a big hand to our Grom Queens, Luz, and Amity!" King yelled. Luz flashes a toothy smile as Amity blushes awkwardly.

The students pop out of the bushes and run toward them, cheering. They parade the girls, holding them up. Luz puts a hand on Amity's shoulder.

Eda is clapping for them next to Gus and King. "You did it, buddy!" Gus said. "Yeah, you did you saved the night!" Y/n cheered. "Of course I did it! I'm the King of Demons and I've never had stage fright in my life!" The students hold up King, right by Luz and Amity. "They love me!" Luz and Amity laugh and smile at each other warmly.

~~~~~
All of the Students went back to the gym before one final dance. Y/n sigh of relief. As the music began playing, Y/n spotted Edric standing awkwardly to the side, looking around for a partner to dance with.

Y/n noticed that his face was slightly flushed, almost as if he was nervous. Y/n walked over to Edric. "Hey Edric, why are you dancing?" Y/n asked. "Oh..um...my date kind of flaked out on me.." "Oh. Sorry..." Y/n said. "It's okay..."

. . .

"Hey...you don't have anyone to dance with and I don't have any ones to dance with do you wanna dance with me?" Y/n asked as she stretched her hand out.

"Yes! I-i mean y-yeah, that's cool!" His face and bright red.

As they made their way onto the dance floor, Edric's hand brushed against. They both let out a nervous giggle. The slow song played softly in the background, creating an ambiance perfect for dancing. Y/n and Edric moved gracefully in sync, with Y/n's hand resting gently on Edric's shoulder.

Despite Edric's earlier nervousness, he seemed to relax as he danced and even started to hum along with the music. Y/n couldn't help but smile.

~~~~~
Cut to a photo album titled "Grom Memories". It flips through pictures of the night: A photo of Cat and the pufferfish student posing awkwardly, trying not to touch. Skara and her date pushing them out of the way.

The two with their Grom jerseys. Of Boscha, Bo, and Celine posing. They making silly faces. Mattholomule photobombing, with the girls looking angry.

Luz posing in her Grom outfit. Luz looking over. Only her boot is in frame. Lastly, a photo of Luz with her arm around a blushing Amity, Willow, throwing peace Gus posing with his microphone and Y/n throwing a peace sign behind them.
~~~~~~

(Btw here are some more outfit choices 👇🏽)

(K byeeeee ✨)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 456 19
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/73UnmeSszK5TZLPFArx7sF?si=0913035db1fe46ff "If I joined the Emperor's Coven, could we kiss?" Y/N doesn't consider t...
185K 5.5K 37
An Owl House alternate universe What if Luz found the portal while she was just an infant, and she never met Eda. Instead she's a scared infant look...
37.3K 1.2K 17
(Y/n) (L/n) and her childhood friend Luz Noceda, have found themselves lost from home in the Demon Realm. While battling through demons and curses...
17.8K 564 25
Y/n L/n, a 'normal' 15 year old girl, best friend and neighbors to Luz Noceda. When she and Luz find themselves in a different realm called The Boi...