Just Pretend

By AliDarling_

Margo Brown, twenty five year old writer is desperate to pave her own path and to get out of her small town i... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - No Funny Business
Chapter 2 - Scooby Doo, Pancakes & Arcades
Chapter 3 - Noah?
Chapter 4 - Ambitious
Chapter 5 - The Show Must Go On
Chapter 6 - I'm Yours
Chapter 7 - We Happened
Chapter 8 - I Could Stay Like This Forever
Chapter 10 - That Boys In Fucking Love
Chapter 11 - More Than Like
Chapter 12 - Like Jellytots
Chapter 13 - I Love You
Chapter 14 - Beer Pong, Vampires & Tour Guides
Chapter 15 - Lets See Infinity Together
Chapter 16 - Living With Boys
Chapter 17 - Please Trust Me
Chapter 18 - S'mores, Big Tesco's & Canoodling
Chapter 19 - Churros & Ferris Wheels
Chapter 20 - Valentines Day
Chapter 21 - So Mar, Will You Move In With Me?
Chapter 22 - I Can't Lose Her
Chapter 23 - Welcome To The Boys Club
Chapter 24 - Starfish, Frozen Yogurt & Sadie
Chapter 25 - I Spy
Chapter 26 - Mario Kart, Fishing & Noahs Hoodie
Chapter 27 - Place Your Bets
Chapter 28 - "She's Smart As Hell Too, Which Is Fucking Hot"
Chapter 29 - Girls Are Fucking Weird
Chapter 30 - But You're My Favourite Mar
Chapter 31 - Please Don't Join Us
Chapter 32 - Forever, Truths & To Us
Chapter 33 - Vegas Baby!
Chapter 34 - Perfect. Always Perfect
Chapter 35 - We Brought Snacks
Chapter 36 - Five Tickets For A Funeral
Chapter 37 - American Boys
Chapter 38 - You Guys Should Be In A Band
Chapter 39 - Don't Scare The Fairies Away Noah
Chapter 40 - It's You
Chapter 41 - Always Entwined
Chapter 42 - Everything's Black
Chapter 43 - Y'all Gotta Chill
Chapter 44 - Just Us
Chapter 45 - Wheres Nick?
Chapter 46 - She's Gone
Chapter 47 - Mrs Noah Sebastian
Chapter 48 - We're Growing Up
Chapter 49 - Found Our Home

Chapter 9 - No PDA In The Pool

257 4 0
By AliDarling_

I have three days left with Noah before I head home and the guys have to go to their next tour destination.

"Two more shows and then your U.K and Ireland tour is finished." I say over breakfast.

"Yeah, are you sure that you can't at least come to Dublin with us?" Noah asks and I shake my head.

"I really wish I could but I need to go home and start to pack my stuff up for the move. Cassidy still hasn't messaged me back which isn't like her at all. I might have to go to her house and talk to her. Plus I wanna try to spend as much time as I can with the kids before I leave." I reply as Noah finishes up his coffee. 

"What do you wanna do today? This place has a pool and a gym we could use?"

"I'll use the gym with you but probably not the pool, yanno baths, swimming pools, the sea I can't do it, I panic. You go and have fun though."

"Oh fuck, sorry. I didn't even think. Do you know how to swim?" Noah asks.

"No it's okay, no I've never been taught how to. My grandparents tried to put me into swimming lessons when I was younger but I just had a mental block seeing all that water. I'd get so overwhelmed before I even tried to get into the pool."

"Would you like to try? I wouldn't let anything bad happen to you ever. You'd be safe and if you wanted to get out we can obviously leave."

"I don't even have a swimsuit Noah. I don't know, let's just go to the gym and we'll take it from there."

*

"Hey Noah, sorry about last night. I think I got a little more drunk than I anticipated. I didn't mean to piss you off." I over hear Nick say to Noah. I'm on the treadmill while Noah's over at the weights.

"Hey it's alright dude, just let me tell her that myself next time." Noah says with a laugh and goes back to what he's doing Nick joining him.

I can't help but overhear part of their conversation talking about the tour and what their plan is for when they get home. I know I shouldn't be eavesdropping but it's hard to tune out when your name keeps on cropping up.

I make my way over to Noah and Nick after about half an hour on the treadmill.

"Hey, I'm gonna head back up to the room and grab a shower. I have some emails to do and I need to try get through to Cass, just one last shit attempt. Enjoy your swim guys." I say and quickly peck Noah on the lips. He wraps his arm around my waist and holds me to him.

"Are you sure you don't want to try?"

"I already said I don't even have a swimsuit."

"I think that there's a store down at the pool." Noah says and I can't help but feel like this is his way of really trying to help me.

"Okay, I'll try but if it's too much I'll just go back up to the room."

"Ofcourse."

*

Noah's already in the pool waiting for me in the shallow end by the time I'm ready. I notice that Jolly, Nick and Folio are also in the pool but down and the deeper end. Noah gets out and takes my hand in his, he's clearly already done a couple of lengths of the pool.

"Babe, I'm scared." I say as we sit at the pool edge.

"It's okay to be scared but I'm here. I've got you nothing bad will happen." He tells me and slides himself into the water. I'm still perched on the edge of the pool, Noah standing and facing me. "I've got you." He tells me and wraps his arms around my waist. I can feel my heart pounding as I wrap my arms around his neck and close my eyes.

"Help please." I whisper and Noah carefully picks me up and holds me close to him in the water.

"It's okay, I've got you. Open your eyes baby." He whispers back but I keep my eyes closed.

"I can't." My feet aren't even touching the floor of the pool. I'm wrapped around him like a koala, clinging to him.

"Thats okay, you're doing really well. I'll just hold you until you're ready." Noah tells me. I can hear Jolly, Nick and Folio yelling and splashing each other at the other end of the pool and I wish that I could just have as much fun as they are. Slowly I unwrap myself from Noah, my arms still around him but my feet touching the floor.

"I don't want to swim." I tell Noah as I open my eyes and look up to him my heart beating a million miles a second.

"We don't have to, I'm so proud of you for even getting into the pool. You've done so well baby." Noah says and kisses me quickly.

"Ay you two! No PDA in the pool." Nick shouts as he makes his way over to us. I take Noah's hand in mine and I can't help but feel a sense of pride that I'm standing in a pool. As Nick gets closer to us I feel the water lapping on my hips and I dig my nails into his hand without meaning to.

"Sorry, sorry I didn't mean to do that." I tell Noah who kisses the side of my head.

"It's okay, it was an accident. Are you okay?" Noah asks and I nod.

"Yeah sorry, just took me by surprise." I say and he smiles at me.

"I really am so proud of you." He tells me and even though I'm on edge I can't help but smile.

"Hey Margo, I'm sorry about last night. I took the game a little too far I'm sorry if I made it uncomfortable." Nick says and he approaches us.

"Oh no Nick, that's okay I had fun. I think it was the right time to call it a night though. How's the head?" I joke trying to keep it light.

"Oh lord, it was bad this morning but better now. We're gonna play a game of water volleyball down at that side of the pool if you guys wanna join in?" Nick asks and I shake my head.

"Thanks, that's really kind but I'll pass." I say with a smile I look at Noah who I can't help but feels slightly in the middle. "Go play, I'll sit at the side and watch. Just please don't splash me."

"Are you sure?" Noah asks me and I nod.

"Ofcourse, I can hardly stand in the shallow end of the pool all day. Thank you for helping me, you have no idea how amazing you are. Seriously, thank you." I tell Noah and quickly give him a kiss.

"Seriously no PDA in the pool guys." Nick states again and I shake my head as Noah holds my hand to the steps of the pool and we both get out. Noah walks with me to the deeper end of the pool where I sit at the edge, and Noah slides into the pool again being careful not to get too much water everywhere.

The guys play for about thirty minutes, Jolly and Noah against Nick and Folio. I get up to head inside, the end of the game is clearly not in sight soon. Noah catches my eye as I get up to stand.

"Are you okay?" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah, I'm gonna head back up to the room I have some emails and stuff to catch up on. Let me know who wins." I say with a smile and Noah makes his way over to where I am.

"I'll be up as soon as I win." Noah says and hops out the pool giving me a quick hug and kisses me quickly.

"GUYS NO PDA IN THE POOL!" Nick shouts and I can't help but laugh.

"We're not in the pool." Noah replies.

"Okay smart ass." Nick says as throws the ball in our direction, hitting Noah in the back.

"I'm outta here, have fun!" I say to them all and make my way back to the changing rooms.

                                              *

I've tried calling Cassidy but still no answer, I've sent messages to Sadie, Aria and Delilah to see if they've heard from her but no reply from them either. Checking my emails I notice that there's still no response from any of the letting agents that I've been in touch with and I can't help but feel so disappointed. I go back onto some rental sites and apply for more apartments just in some hope that I might possibly get lucky.

I close down my laptop and make my way to the bathroom to turn on the shower. As I hop in I hear the room door open.

"Hey! We won!" Noah shouts.

"Aw good! I'm just in the shower I'll be ten minutes." I say back a few moments later I hear the door open.

"Hey, can I join you?" Noah asks with a glint in his eye and I nod. He quickly undresses and hops into the shower. He wraps his arms around me, his chin resting on the top of my head and I can't help but feel this is the most intimate and close I've ever felt to anyone.

"Noah, I'm worried. I don't think I'm going to get a rental until I'm out there. I don't think letting agents are taking me seriously so they're ignoring my emails." I say with a sigh.

"I told you Margo, stay with me. At least until you find somewhere." Noah tells me and I shrug.

"I can't do that Noah, you live with the guys. They won't want me hanging about all day all the time. I'll get annoying. I don't know what to do. I might look at some apartment shares online or even some hotels."

"What's the difference between an apartment share and living with me and the boys?" Noah asks and honestly I don't know how to reply.

"I don't want you to think I'm taking advantage. I really don't want the guys to think I'm taking advantage either."

"I don't think that. They definitely won't think that. Look stay with us for a month until you find something."

"What if a month passes and I've still not got somewhere to stay?"

"We'll figure that out if it gets to that." Noah tells me as he grabs my shampoo and starts to massage my scalp.

"That feels so nice. You've definitely done this before." I tell him and he laughs.

"I used to have long hair remember." Noah reminds me.

"Oh yeah, I remember you saying. I've never taken a shower with anyone before." I tell Noah turning to face him.

"Really?" He seems surprised.

"Yeah, it feels really intimate. I like it." I say and lean into him.

We stay like that for a while, the water trickling over us, the glass getting steamy.

"I think you're my person." I tell Noah as a huge smile spreads across his face.

"I know you're mine." He whispers back with so much certainty, he presses his lips to mine, my hands making their way up to his hair. He kisses along my jaw to my ear. "Mine." He growls and my whole body reacts. I can feel him on me and I know what's coming. He makes his way down my body and smirks up at me once he gets to where he wants. "Never shared a shower with anyone?" Noah asks again and I shake my head. "Fuck baby, this is going to be the best shower of your life."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 35 13
You are the perfect senator's daughter- next in line to become his aide to learn everything about the Galactic Senate. But on your 21st birthday, you...
192 21 10
She has lived through many wars. Has seen technology develop and the world grow along with it. Yet, she often wonders what her true meaning is; why s...
14.4K 393 63
If we're drowning in toxicity, will love be enough?
14.4K 471 42
What Vivian never considered, was maybe it was her fault? All the things she's been through, may just as well have been to her own doing. Vivian and...