Pokémon: Indigo League

By Kenon96

This story is the same as the original anime. My character will be on his own journey as a Trainer and will t... More

Niko
Disclaimer
Battle 1: The Journey Starts Now
Battle 2: A New Friend
Battle 3: Whirl-y Go-round
Battle 4: Rock and Roll
Battle 5: Hard as a Rock
Battle 6: A Badge of Honor
Updated Team
Battle 7: Waterlogged
Battle 8: An Egg-Cellent Story
Battle 9: Seeing is Believing
Battle 10: Fighting Types
Battle 11: Evolutionary, my Dear Bulbasaur!
Battle 12: Crash Course
Battle 13: Hatch of the Day
Battle 14: A Criming Shame
Battle 15: Hook, Line, and Stinker
Battle 16: The Smell of Victory
Summer
Battle 17: The Great Fighting Pokémon Battle
Battle 18: Fuschia Ninja Showdon
Battle 19: The Poké-Ninja Way
Battle 20: Dig Those Diglett!
Battle 21: A Living Legend
Battle 22: Little Big Problem
Battle 23: Enlighten Up!
Battle 24: The Case of the K-9 Caper
Battle 25: Get Psyched!
Battle 26: Haunt and Seek
Battle 27: For the Sixth Badge! Niko vs Sabrina
Happy Halloween
Battle 28: The Battling Eevee Brothers
Battle 29: Showdown at Dark City
Battle 30: Holy Matrimony
Battle 31: The Ultimate Test
Battle 32: A Mystical Encounter
Battle 33: Riddle me This.
Battle 34: Winning the Heat
Battle 35: Beach Blank-Out Blastoise
Merry Christmas
Battle 36: Misty Mermaid
Battle 37: Viridian Secrets
Battle 38: Mew and Mewtwo
Battle 39: Showdown at the Po-Ké Corral
Battle 40: Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
Battle 41: Bad to the Bone
Battle 42: All Fired Up
Battle 43: Round One Begin!
Battle 44: Fire And Ice
Battle 46: A Friend in Deed
Battle 47: Friend and Foe Alike
Battle 48: From Friend to Foe
Battle 49: Pokemon League Finale
Battle 50: Pallet Town and Beyond!
Reunion at Pallet Town
Coming Soon.....

Battle 45: Fourth Round Rumble

103 6 5
By Kenon96

Narrator: Once again, it's a capacity crowd cheering in anticipation as a fourth round winner of the Pokémon League competition is about to be decided!

It's revealed that Gary is competing in the match with our heroes watchin and Gary's cheerleaders cheering him on.

Narrator: But this time, our heroes are in the stands as spectators, waiting to see if Gary will emerge victorious.

It's revealed that both trainers are each down to their last Pokémon, Nidoking and Golem, and both seem weary.

Announcer: Now, Gary and Melissa are down to just one Pokémon each! Whoever wins this battle wins the match!

Niko: This is pretty bad, huh?

Misty: Could Gary win?

Brock: That Melissa's pretty tough.

Gary: Nidoking, Horn Attack! Nidoking charges forward, but Golem catches the attack and lifts Nidoking above its head.

Melissa: Golem, Seismic Toss! Golem leaps into the air, still holding Nidoking by the horn, and lets gravity bring it and Nidoking back down, but with Nidoking hitting the ground first with a monstrous thud, leaving Gary and our heroes in shock. The dust clears to show Golem holding Nidoking by the horn still and standing over his battered body.

Referee: This battle goes to Melissa! The crowd cheers and confetti falls.

Announcer: She's done it! After a grueling battle, Melissa has won a last minute upset over Gary Oak for her fourth Pokémon League victory! Gary drops to one knee, in defeat as his cheerleaders weep and mourn his loss.

Cheerleader #1: (while crying) Gary lost!!Our heroes, however, are stunned.

Ash: I can't believe it.

Niko: Gary lost.

Trace: I don't believe it. He lost? Trace was the most shocked by this development.

Misty: The competition here is really tough, guys. Ash and Niko stare in determination as the crowd cheers on.

Outside the stadium, Gary is seen walking to his car with his cheerleaders in the back, still weeping.

Ash: Gary! Gary sees Ash and Niko.

Niko: You okay, Gary? Niko asked concerned.

Gary: That trainer was lucky I got distracted by all the girls cheering for me. They're disappointed, but, you'll get over it. Won't you, girls? However, the girls aren't getting over it so easily. I'm heading back to Pallet Town, so I can watch the rest of the competition on TV. Later, guys. Gary drives away.

Niko: You know, Ash, he doesn't show it, but I think Gary's just as bummed out about this as everyone else.

Ash: Yeah. Can you guys believe Gary got knocked out? I thought he'd make it through, at least, four rounds.

Pikachu: Pika. (Same here)

Ash: I don't know, guys. Do you think we should quit while we're ahead?

Niko: It's a fine time to start talking like that!

Pikachu: Pikachu! (No way, man) Brock approaches.

Ash: Brock!

Brock: Listen. You're both great trainers, and as long as I'm around, you're not even gonna THINK about quitting. Okay? Ash and Niko seem unsure. Pikachu, Eevee and I believe in you two. Don't we?

Pikachu: Pika Pika! (Sure we do, Brock)

Eevee: Eevee! (Keep fighting)

Ash: Okay, I guess you win.

Misty: Hey, Niko! You better hurry up! Your fourth round match is gonna be starting on the ice field any minute, and then Ash's fourth round match on the grass field is next!

Niko: Oh, I forgot! As he runs for the ice field, Niko worries whether he can win. 'I sure hope I'm not facing Melissa!' Soon, Niko is on the ice field, looking at his opponent. Gotta say, I wasn't expecting you and me to battle.

Otoshi: I am also surprised to see you as my opponent.

Duplica: It's Otoshi!

Kota: This'll be an interesting battle.

Announcer: Otoshi from Fuschia City will now take on Niko from Pallet Town! Who will emerge victorious?

Niko: Gengar, Go! Gengar materializes.

Otoshi: Electabuzz, let's go! Electabuzz materializes.

Announcer: Niko has chosen the ghost type, Gengar and Otoshi has picked Electabuzz as this fourth round match is about to be underway!

Niko: Gengar, Mega Punch now!

Otoshi: Use Thunder Punch! A collision between Mega Punch and Thunder Punch, forcing both Pokémon back.

Otoshi: Electabuzz, use Thunder!

Niko: Dodge it and use Night Shade!Gengar avoids Thunder and fires its attack.

Otoshi: Not so fast! Use Thunder Punch on the ground. Electabuzz strikes the ground hurling out giant ice chunks that stops Gengar's attack.

Announcer: Uh oh, it looks like Gengar's attack was blocked by that Thunder Punch attack!

Niko: Gengar!! Wait a second! Use Double Team. Gengar does so and confuses Electabuzz.

Announcer: Incredible! Niko's quick thinking has baffled Electabuzz and his trainer.

Niko: Now Gengar, finish it up Mega Punch! Gengar and its doubles dash forward.

Otoshi: Thunder, go! Electabuzz uses Thunder to try and get all the doubles and the real one, but Gengar manages to evade, and hits Electabuzz with a devastating blow.

Announcer: Gengar lands a clean hit!

Otoshi: Electabuzz! The attack knocks Electabuzz out cold.

Referee: Electabuzz is unable to battle, Gengar wins! Otoshi's Electabuzz blacks out on the board.

Niko: Way to go, Gengar! Gengar raises a thumbs up.

Announcer: And now it's time for the second battle of this fourth round match up!

Otoshi: Very well. Dodrio, come out! Dodrio materialized.

Announcer: Otoshi sends out a Dodrio!

Niko: Dodrio? Doduo must have evolved.

Pokédex: Dodrio, the Triple Bird Pokémon. The three heads express joy, sorrow and anger as they plan strategy together. When it sleeps, one head remains awake.

Niko: Gengar, how bout you pull out for now?

Gengar: Geng! (Sure) Niko calls it back.

Announcer: And it looks like Niko is switching Pokémon!

Niko: Venomoth, go! Venomoth materializes.

Announcer: And Niko's second Pokemon is Venomoth.

Otoshi: Dodrio, jump! Dodrio builds up speed and jumps high.

Niko: Woah!

Otoshi: Use Tri Attack! Dodrio fires three beams from its heads and land a hit.

Niko: Venomoth! Quick use Psybeam! Venomoth fires, but Dodrio newfound speed made it difficult.

Otoshi: Use Peck! Dodrio tries to hit Venomoth, but the bug type dodged the attacks.

Niko: This is bad! Use Confusion!

Otoshi: Dodrio, Dodge it! However, the attack lands confusing Dodrio.

Niko: Quick finish this with Take Down! Venomoth slams into Dodrio.

Otoshi: Quickly! Use Peck! One of Dodrio's heads managed to strike Venomoth from behind.

Niko: Oh no! The two Pokémon fall to the ground.

Referee: Both Dodrio and Venomoth are unable to battle!

Announcer: Goodness gracious! It's the double knockout! Both Dodrio and Venomoth black out on the board.

Duplica: Poor Venomoth!

Kota: Otoshi has really upped his game.

Otoshi: Alright, go Marowak! Marowak materializes.

Announcer: And Otoshi's last Pokémon is Marowak! What Pokémon will Niko use?

Niko: Go, Gengar!

Otoshi: Marowak, Bonemerang! Marowak throws it bone.

Niko: Dodge it! Gengar easily floats by it. However, the bone bounces off a few ice chunks and comes back at Gengar. Look out, Gengar! Unfortunately the attack hits, knocking Gengar down.

Announcer: Unbelievable! Marowak lands an unexpected hit from behind!

Otoshi: Use Bone Club! Marowak leaps and aims its bone towards Gengar.

Niko: Use Double Team! Gengar creates multiple copies. Marowak misses its target.

Niko: Use another Mega Punch! Gengar charges, but Marowak dodged and struck Gengar down.

Otoshi: Now! Marowak! Marowak hits Gengar with its bone.

Niko: Gengar, no!

Referee: Gengar is unable to battle, Marowak is the winner! Niko's Gengar blacks out on the board.

Announcer: Unbelievable! Just like that, both trainers are down to one Pokémon each.

Duplica: I think Marowak got even stronger.

Kota: Yeah. I hope Niko's last Pokémon can match up with it.

Niko: Go, Ivysaur!

Ivysaur: Saur!

Announcer: Niko's last Pokémon is Ivysaur!

Niko: Ivysaur, use Razor Leaf! Ivysaur launches multiple leaves.

Otoshi: Marowak, knock them away! Marowak spins its bone and blocks all the leaves.

Niko: Take Down! Ivysaur charges.

Otoshi: Use Take Down as well! Ivysaur and Marowak's heads collide and neither back down. Lift it with your club!

Marowak uses its bone to throw Ivysaur into the air.

Niko: Ivysaur, no! Ivysaur lands down, injured.

Announcer: Things are not looking good for Niko. Could this be as far as he can go in the Pokémon League?

Niko: Ivysaur. Niko was getting worried.

Otoshi: You fought well, but this ends here. Marowak, Bone Club! Marowak was about to drop it on Ivysaur.

Niko: Oh! Ivysaur, aim at its feet! Ivysaur shot out a vine at Marowak's feet causing it to trip. Now use Solar Beam! Ivysaur begins charging up.

Otoshi: Marowak, attack before it charges enough power! Marowak runs full speed. Ivysau jumps up into the air and gathers enough energy.

Niko: Now, Fire! Ivysaur aimed the Solar Beam at the center of the field. This creates a cloud of mist.

Announcer: What a shock! The field is completely covered in mist. What could happen now?

The mist disappears, revealing a water hole in the field. Marowak comes out and clings to the ice to stay afloat.

Kota: I see! Marowak's a Ground type, so Niko melted the stage.

Duplica: Way to go!

Niko: Ivysaur, Take Down! Ivysaur uses its vines as propellers and charge Marowak, knocking it back onto the ice.

Otoshi: Marowak, are you okay? Marowak slowly rose up.

Niko: Ivysaur, use Razor Leaf! Ivysaur jumps out of the water and unleashes a barrage of leaves which hit Marowak.

Otoshi: Marowak! Marowak falls to the ground unconscious.

Referee: Marowak is unable to battle, Ivysaur is the winner!

Announcer: In a huge upset, Niko manages a miraculous comeback against Otoshi, earning his spot in the top 16!

Niko: We did it, we did it! Come here, Ivysaur! Ivysaur tackles Niko to the ground. Ow! Hahaha! He laughs as Ivysaur rests on his stomach.

Otoshi: Niko. That was a spectacular battle. It appears I still have much work to do. Otoshi held his hand out.

Niko: Yeah, but that match could've gone either way. Niko responds by shaking Otoshi's hand.

Duplica: I'm so glad Niko won!

Kota: I know. Now we have to go and check in on Ash. I sure hope he makes it too.

Meanwhile, near the entrance to the grass field, Team Rocket has set up a souvenir stand.

Jessie and James: Thank you for shopping with us!

Levi: Well, you two seem to be doing well. Levi said after coming back from his match.

James: Everything is selling out!

Jessie: Our souvenir stand's a big success! And congratulations on your victory, boss.

Meowth: I hope you two entrepreneurs don't forget that we originally came here to swipe a pack of Pokémon, not to sell a bunch of Poke-junk! Meowth said poking his head out from the back.

Jessie: It's not junk!

Meowth: Just don't turn honest on me.

James: You know, I'm starting to enjoy doing honest, ordinary work like normal folks do. It's satisfying to performs simple tasks. James' Victreebell bites on his head while he's watering it.

Jessie: Very simple.

Meowth: I guess this goes to show that win you ring up a lot of sales, a Victreebel might takes its toll.

Customer: Don't you have any more of those official Pokémon badges left?

Jessie: I'm sorry, but we're all sold out.

Meowth: I think we still have one more left in the stock room! Jessie and James check the "stock room" and find out how Meowth makes the badges they sell.

Jessie: I can't believe it!

James: Meowth is making fake badges out of bottle caps!

Meowth: Well, at least dese fakes are authentic!

James: You can't teach an old cat new tricks.

Meanwhile, Ash's match is about to begin.

Announcer: Our next trainers are coming onto the grass field for the fourth round!Ash rises off of the ground in the green trainer box. The green trainer, from Pallet Town, Ash Kethum!

Niko: Did we make it!?

Misty: Yeah. The match is just about to get started.

Duplica: Great! I can't wait to see how well Ash does.

Brock: Ash can't lose!

Misty: I was kinda hoping that Ash would let us coach him from the sidelines like he did before.

Brock: Ash just wants to prove that he can win all by himself.

Misty: Well, if I was Ash, I'd choose Bulbasaur to battle on a grass field like this.

Brock: Me, too.

Kota: So, who's Ash battling?

Brock: The program just says her name's Jeanette Fisher. She must be pretty tough to make it this far.

Announcer: And now, the red trainer is coming out onto the field! A red carpet rolls out onto the field, puzzling our heroes. Through the entryway, Jeanette appears.

Announcer: Jeanette Fisher from Crimson City!

Jeanette: I am honored.

Brock: She sure knows how to make an entrance!

Duplica: Mmhm. Jeanette cheering squad staring cheering for her.

Misty: Jeanette brought a whole cheering section, but Ash only has us up here.

Brock: Yeah, Jeanette. She should win.

Duplica & Kota: 💧😑

Misty: We're here to root for Ash! Whose side are you on, anyway!?! Jeanette rises off the ground in the red trainer box.

Announcer: It looks like our opponents are ready to face off!

Referee: Trainers, go!

Ash: I choose you, Bulbasaur! Bulbasaur materializes.

Jeanette: My Pokémon can create quite a buzz! Beedrill, go! Beedrill materializes.

Misty: She doesn't look so tough, does she?

Brock: You never know.

Jeanette: Beedrill, Tackle attack! Beedrill charges, but Bulbasaur dodges before it can land the attack.

Ash: Bulbasaur, Razor Leaf!

Jeanette: Beedrill, counterattack Bulbasaur with your Twin Needle, now!
Bulbasaur launches its attack, but Beedrill proves too fast for it and starts throwing its stingers at Bulbasaur. Good, now Poison Sting! Beedrill starts throwing its back stinger at Bulbasaur.

Misty: I just hope that Jeanette doesn't have anymore Pokémon like that Beedrill.

Brock: I just hope she doesn't have a boyfriend. Misty got annoyed by Brock's comment.

Duplica: Or a therapist.💧

Ash: She's winning. Bulbasaur, Leech Seed! Bulbasaur fires a seed, and the vines burst out and wrap around Beedrill, sapping its energy.

Jeanette: No!

Misty: Look, guys! Leech Seed is sucking up Beedrill's energy!

Brock: Yeah, I see. 😭 Misty finally had enough.

Misty: YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE ROOTING FOR ASH, NOT JEANETTE!

Ash: Bulbasaur, Tackle attack! Bulbasaur lands the attack and sends Beedrill up, and it crashes down in front of the referee, defeated.

Referee: Beedrill is out of the match!
Jeanette's first Pokémon goes off the board.

Ash: Yes!

Misty: Way to go, Ash! Show her you're the number one trainer in the league!Jeanette's cheering section starts cheering for her. They're acting like Jeanette's the one who's ahead. Well, cheering won't help if she picks the wrong Pokémon.

Brock: Ash'll be ready no matter what she picks. Beedrill is recalled.

Jeanette: This one won't be so easy. Go, Scyther! Scyther materializes.

Ash: Whoa, a Scyther.

Misty: Do you think Ash is ready for Scyther?

Brock: Maybe.

Niko: It won't be easy.

Referee: Let the battle begin!

Jeanette: Scyther, use your Slash attack, now! Scyther starts Slashing at Bulbasaur, but can't connect. Now, Scyther, Quick Attack! Scyther starts launching a fast and furious barrage of attacks, with a couple connecting.

Ash: Bulbasaur, Vine Whip! Bulbasaur extends its vines, but Scyther keeps them back with its Quick Attack, to the shock of Ash, Bulbasaur, and Ben.

Jeanette: Good job, Scyther. Now, let's really show them how to cut Bulbasaur's Vine Whip down to size! Scyther then lands, and makes replicas of itself. You'll lose twice as fast against Scyther's Double Team.

Misty: Uh oh. Bulbasaur couldn't tell which of the three Scythers is the real one.
Jeanette's cheering section starts doing their thing as Jeanette chuckles at Bulbasaur's confusion.

Ash: Bulbasaur, Vine Whip, now! Bulbasaur attacks, but hits the wrong Scyther. Try the right one! The attack comes back around, but Bulbasaur hits another fake. Scyther then charges and strikes Bulbasaur.

Jeanette: Bulbasaur just can't cut it against Scyther. Bulbasaur skids along the battlefield, but gets back up, and Scyther keeps trying to strike.

Announcer: It looks like Bulbasaur is about to get mowed down by Scyther!

Brock: Ash has got to do something and he's gotta do it, quick!

Misty: I know, but what? Scyther's attacks finally land, but Bulbasaur stands resilient.

Ash: Bulbasaur, Razor Leaf, now!Bulbasaur launches its attack, but Scyther avoids it. Bulbasaur tries another Vine Whip, but Scyther avoids it, too. Scyther then uses Double Team again to confuse Bulbasaur. Oh no. Bulbasaur, look out! The attack lands, sending Bulbasaur up. Bulbasaur!

Kota: This is really bad for Ash.

Ash: Hey, wait. Ash then had an idea. Use your Vine Whip against all three! Scyther closes in, Bulbasaur strikes one, then another, and then connects on the third one, pinning it down forcefully and knocking it out.

Referee: The Scyther has been defeated!

Ash: Alright, Bulbasaur. The crowd cheers on Ash's second win.

Duplica: Amazing!

Brock: Ash figured out that Scyther's Double Team attack left it twice as weak on defense.

Misty: And he did it on his own.

Brock: I guess Ash really can handle a match without our help.

Misty: Now Jeanette has only one Pokémon left, and if Ash wins this next battle, he'll win the match.

Niko: And that means we'll both be heading to the Indigo Stadium!

Brock: Go, Ash. Scyther is recalled.

Ash: Two down and one to go.

Meanwhile, up in the sky outside the arena, Team Rocket's balloon is seen with a bunch of Pikachu balloons tied underneath, getting the attention of everyone on the ground below.

Jessie: The Pikachu decoy is working! While they eyeball our balloon, we'll suck up those suckers' Pokémon.

James: Our Poke-vac should do it.

Meowth: Now let's clean em out! Nearby, two Officer Jennies and a Growlithe spot Team Rocket's balloon.

Officer Jenny #1: Look! That's Team Rocket's balloon!

Officer Jenny #2: They must be up to no good! Growlithe, Flamethrower! The Growlithe burns the balloon to a crisp, sending the Pikachu balloons down to earth, to the joy of the people and to the shock of Team Rocket.

Jessie: Quick! Start the vacuum! James presses the button on the hose of the vacuum, but nothing happens.

James: It's not working!

Officer Jenny: Whatever it is, it's getting a ticket. Team Rocket spots the two Officer Jennies.

Meowth: Jeez, it's the cops!

Officer Jenny #1 & #2: Stop, in the name of the law! Team Rocket runs away.

Officer Jenny #1: After them, Jenny!

Officer Jenny #2: Roger, Jenny! The two police officers chase Team Rocket into the arena, but Meowth slips on a soda can, causing Jessie and James to trip over him, and the three are soon sent crashing into a concession stand, only to come out and act like vendors, complete with clothing and merchandise.

Jessie: Hot dogs, I've got red, hot, hot dogs! Get em while they're red hot!

James: I've got ice cream! Get it while it's cold!

Announcer: Jeanette's down to her last Pokémon as she's forced to play catch up with Ketchum!

Misty: Come on, Ash! Just beat this Pokémon and you'll win the match! Jeanette will save her strongest for last, but whatever it is, you can beat her!

Brock: Ash sure looks confident he can beat any Pokémon that Jeanette picks.

Ash: It's victory time.

Jeanette: Go, Bellsprout! Bellsprout materializes, confusing our heroes.

Misty: Huh?

Brock: Wow.

Niko: Bellsprout!?

Pokédex: Bellsprout, the Flower Pokémon. A carnivorous Pokémon that traps and eats bugs. It uses its root feet to soak up needed moisture.

Ash: Why would she save a Bellsprout to battle last? Unless she ran out of strong Pokémon and doesn't have anything left but a puny little Bellsprout.

Announcer: This looks like a desperation move by young Fisher.

Jeanette: Bellsprout, get ready.

Ash: Bulbasaur, get set! Both Pokemon approach the center of the arena.

Referee: Go!

Ash: This is gonna be the shortest match in Pokémon League history! Bulbasaur, Tackle attack! Bulbasaur charges, and leaps forward.

Ash: Alright! However, Bellsprout nimbly bends back to avoid contact while using its leaves to send Bulbasaur flying forward, leaving our heroes in shock.

Misty: What happened?

Duplica: That's one slippery Bellsprout. Jeanette's cheering section starts cheering again, as Bulbasaur charges again, only to get caught by Bellsprout and tossed back the way it came.

Ash: Bulbasaur! I can't believe what's happening.

Announcer: It looked like this match was over, but Bellsprout sprung into action and now this tiny might has Bulbasaur sucking in the shocks!

Brock: That Bellsprout absorbs Bulbasaur's attacks and sends them back against it!

Jeanette: Make Bulba sore. She laughs.
Bellsprout approaches Bulbasaur, grabs its back legs, and starts slamming him to the ground left and right until tossing it back to Ash's side of the field, hitting the trainer box and knocking it out.

Referee: Bulbasaur is out of the match!None of our heroes can believe what just happened.

Ash: Oh no!

Niko: That is one tough Bellsprout. Ash's first Pokémon blacks out on the board.

Announcer: Bellsprout wins and Ketchum is down one Pokémon! Jeanette's cheering section does its thing. Ash recalls Bulbasaur.

Ash: Okay. Pikachu, let's go!

Pikachu: Pikachu. (I gotcha)

Misty: Yes! Pikachu should win, no sweat, no doubt!

Brock: No problem.

Duplica: But Pikachu's an Electric type. Grass types are a bad match up against it.
Both Pokémon approach the center of the arena.

Referee: Let the battle begin!

Ash: Pikachu, Thunder Shock! Pikachu launches the attack, but Bellsprout easily maneuvers around the bolts.

Jeanette: Razor Leaf, now. Bellsprout tosses two Razor Leaves, but Pikachu dodges both and they end up hitting a couple of rocks on the field and slicing the tops off.

Announcer: A double-edged Razor Leaf! This is one spectacular sprout!

Ash: Pikachu, try your Thunderbolt attack!The attack lands. That's it! It's all over!
However, Bellsprout doesn't go down, leaving Pikachu and the others in shock.

Jeanette: (laughs) Bellsprout's legs are like a pair of teeny, tiny lightning rods. Those electric attacks just won't work, Ash.

Ash: What? No way!

Misty: If Pikachu's Thunderbolt attack is no good, Ash is in big trouble!

Brock: Ash better think fast!

Ash: Hang in there, Pikachu! Pikachu starts shadow boxing, charges, and then attacks any way it can, but Bellsprout keeps dodging every single attack. Finally, Bellsprout knocks Pikachu out with one of its legs crashing down on Pikachu's head.

Announcer: Well, folks, I guess you'd call that a garden variety attack.

Referee: Pikachu is out of the match! Ash heads onto the field to tend to his little friend as Ash's second Pokémon fades from the board.

Announcer: And it's official. Bellsprout short-circuits Pikachu to tie up this match!

Misty: But how could Pikachu ever get knocked out of the match by a Bellsprout? There's no way.

Brock: That Jeanette sure knows how to pick her Pokémon. She saved her best for last.

Misty: But what Pokemon does Ash have that could out-battle that Bellsprout? Soon, a familiar voice is heard.

Delia: Sorry we're so late. Everyone looks and sees Delia Ketchum and Professor Oak next to them.

Niko: Mrs. Ketchum? Professor?

Prof. Oak: We came to cheer both of you to victory.

Brock: Did you know that your grandson lost?

Prof. Oak: Yes, I know. It'll do Gary good to see that every road has a few bumps along the way.

Delia: Win this one for your mother, honey!

Prof. Oak: Now that Gary's out of the competition, all the folks in Pallet Town are counting on you, Niko and Trace!

Misty: They're supposed to be cheering Ash on, but all they're doing is putting more pressure on both him and Liam.

Jeanette: Bellsprout! Just one more win!

Announcer: Now we'll see if Ketchum has the Pokémon he needs to pluck a victory from Jeanette's un-bell-iveable Bellsprout!

Ash: I choose you! From the Pokéball, to the shock of Jeanette and the others, Muk materializes.

Kota: A Muk!?

Misty: Hey, I didn't know Ash brought his Muk to the competition!

Prof. Oak: Ash thought he might need Muk during this match, so he called me yesterday and asked me to transport it here. He knew Muk had an advantage over grass type Pokémon.

Misty: I don't know what surprises me more. The fact that he's using Muk, or the fact that he thought ahead.

Prof. Oak: Yes, I underestimated him myself.

Delia: That's my Ash!

Niko: Go get em, Ash!

Ash: Okay! Ready, Muk? Both Pokémon approach the center of the arena.

Referee: Begin!

Jeanette: Alright, Bellsprout, Flying Muk Kick! Bellsprout charges, but the attack gets caught in Muk's body and has little to no effect.

Announcer: And the tables have been turned on Jeanette's Bellsprout! Now Muk is absorbing the energy of Bellsprout's attacks! Bellsprout attacks over and over, but Muk doesn't even feel the attacks. Muk's taking a licking, but Bellsprout keeps on kicking! Bellsprout attacks over and over, even picking up Muk and slamming it to the ground, but not even that proves effective.

Ash: Keep it up, Muk! You're doing great!Bellsprout tries using Razor Leaf, but that doesn't work, either, to the shock of both Jeanette and Bellsprout. Okay, Muk, time for a Body Slam attack! Muk approaches Bellsprout and covers it with its entire body.

Jeanette: Bellsprout! Bellsprout desperately tries to fight out of Muk, but it's no use. Eventually, Bellsprout stops moving, to the shock of Jeanette and the whole gang. Muk moves and reveals Bellsprout knocked out.

Referee: Bellsprout is out of the match, and the fourth round victory goes to green trainer, Ash Ketchum! Jeanette's final Pokémon fades from the board, indicating Ash's victory.

Ash: Yeah!!!

Niko: Woo-hoo! The crowd cheers along with Niko.

Delia: I'm so proud of him!

Misty: I can't believe Ash won on all four fields!

Brock: That was his best match.

Duplica: Now Niko and Ash can move on. Ash goes onto the field to congratulate and celebrate with Muk.

Ash: We did it, Muk!

Muk: Muk Muk Muk! (We sure did) Muk proceeds to tackle Ash to the ground with a giant hug.

Ash: [laughing] Now I understand how that Bellsprout felt!

Prof. Oak: [laughing] That Muk can really smother you with affection!

Jeanette: I'm very proud of the way you battled, Bellsprout. Let's go home. Jeanette proceeds to leave the field. Meanwhile, Team Rocket has finished selling their stock.

Jessie: Well, we sold out everything.

James: Let's face it, we're much more successful at selling stuff than we are at stealing stuff.

Jessie: You're right. It's fun, and profitable, too!

Meowth: Ha! The next thing you know, you two will want to open a fast food joint!

Jessie: That's not a bad idea! We can call it Jessie's!

James: James'.

Jessie: Want a burger and fries without trouble?

James: If you're really hungry, make it double.

Jessie: To protect the world from hunger and thirst.

James: Our food isn't bad, at least, not the worst.

Jessie: The Team Rocket restaurant, blast in for a bite.

Jessie and James: We stay open all day, we stay open all night. As Jessie and James walk out of the arena, in the locker room.

Niko: Way to go, Ash. This calls for a party.

Kota: He hasn't won yet.

Misty: You didn't do too bad out there.

Ash: Uh, thanks.

Misty: But if it wasn't for Muk, you'd have been out of luck. Muk tries to hug Misty, though Misty tries to get Muk off of her as everyone else laughs.

Narrator: And so, with a little advanced strategy, Ash got Bellsprout stuck in the Muk, and won his fourth round match. Now, his and Niko's dreams are burning brightly as the flame atop Indigo Stadium. But, do either of them have what it takes to be a Pokémon master? Find out...

As The Journey Continues

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 83 76
This is an original Pokemon Story that is supposed to take place in the same universe as the anime. Although the main focus of the story is on three...
49.7K 1.3K 54
The Sinnoh region holds many tales about the great and beautiful Cynthia, the reigning Champion. She was renowned for being a Dragon Master, and her...
24K 1.1K 42
Its a story about a boy Ash ketchum, who became the best of all in every field from the start he will be the very best. Its an ash x harem story. pok...
109K 4K 80
A 10-year-old boy, with a goal to become a Pokemon Champion, sets out on a journey across the Kanto Region. A journey charged with friendships, fun...