The Reign of Power || Daemon...

By vanstenfanfics

Ysaera Targaryen the sister of Viserys Targaryen, King of the seven realm and Prince Deamon Taragaryen, the R... More

Ysaera Targaryen
CHAPTER 1| The Rouge Prince
CHAPTER 2 l The Heir and The Banished Prince
CHAPTER 3 | The Stolen Dragon Egg
CHAPTER 4 | Royal Hunt
CHAPTER 5 | The Battle in the Stepstones, The King in the Narrow Sea
CHAPTER 6 | GOSSIPS
CHAPTER 7 | Laerys Velaryon
CHAPTER 8 | What Might Be A Threat?
CHAPTER 9 |Eye for an Eye
CHAPTER 11 | Supper and the Passing of a King
A/N!

CHAPTER 10 | The Lord of Tides

252 4 0
By vanstenfanfics

         Laerys did not return home. In one specific reason, in the letter it was told that his army were ambushed and pinned to the grounds of the Stepstones.

Ysaera had gone quiet about it. Aerus and Saeya had knew about Laerys, there wasn't any point for Ysaera to hide it.

Today, a day after Laena's death, she were to return to Dragonstone with Rhaenyra. She stood by the cliff; watching Viserys return to Kingslanding.

"Fire is such strange power." she says as Daemon stood beside her. "Everything that house Targaryen posseses is owed to it. Yet it has cost as both what we love."

"Perhaps the Velaryon's knew the truth of it. The sea is their better ally." Daemon replied.

"Fire is a prison, the sea offers an escape." said Ysaera and looked at Daemon. "I need you, brother." she says. "I cannot face the greens alone."

"Let us bind our blood."

"Just as Aegon the conqueror did with his sisters. With you as my husband and Prince consort, my claim will not be easily challenged."

Daemon looked at her as she continued. "The Velaryon's are of the sea. But you and I, are my of fire, brother. We have always meant to burn together."

Ysaera looked at Daemon; waiting for answers."We cannot marry unless Laerys is dead."

"he.. " Ysaera sighed and looked down. "Laerys had.. died at war in the Stepstones."

Daemon looked at Ysaera with a small smile.

— Dragonstone  —

       Six years it had been since Ysaera had married off to Daemon. Since Laerys' death. Since the incident at Driftmark. And since Laenor was announced dead.

Aerus had begun his tasks and lessons as an heir.

"The conqueror and his sister sailed with great army." siad Jace as Saeya watched Jace struggle translating Valyrian.

Jacaerys repeats the word on his tongue as Ysaera and Rhaenyra entered the room. Jacaerys looked at Saeya. "The end?" he asked.

"The mouth." Saeya answered and smiled and Jace groaned. "Come on, Jace. You know that."

Aerus then sighed."perhaps that's enough this morning." said Rhaenyra.

"No no, I want to keep going." said Jacaerys. The Maester once again started to speak as Jacaerys once more struggled.

"—Killed."

"Felled, Jacaerys." Aerus said as Jace again groaned and Saeya laughed. "It is a related word." she says.

"I don't expect you to learn High Valyrian in a day, Jace." said Rhaenyra.

Ysaera then looked at Daemon; who had just entered the room.

"Leave us." said Ysaera. Jacaerys called for Joffrey as Aerus and Saeya then left along the to brothers.

Ysaera approached Daemon as he gave her a letter from a raven and looked read it. She sighed and gave the letter to Rhaenyra.

"He means question to call into question Luke's legitimacy." Rhaenyra said and looked at the two. "And by extension, Jace."

"Vaemond only cares for the throne at Driftmark and the Velaryon line." Daemon replied. "Not about our politics."

"Has he made common cause with Otto Hightower yet?" Ysaera asked.

"That is what I fear. Rhaenys has flown to court." said Rhaenyra. "surely she cannot be planning to back him."

"No, whatever disagreements we may have had she's not cruel. " Daemon answered.

"or.. " Ysaera spoke "atleast she's not stupid to do that.

"Disagreements?"

"She believes, I had her son killed." Rhaenyra said.

"yes and yet she has taken Baela to ward." Daemon replied.

"yes. It's Laena's memory that she honors, she has no love for us, uncle."

"has the viper's venom spread so far?" Daemon asked Ysaera. "those Viper's rule in Viserys' name." Ysaera answered with a glare. "and Viserys.. " Ysaera shook her head."what choice do I even have?"

Daemon looked at her with a smile and held her belly. "To King's Landing then." he says.

— King's Landing —

      Ysaera and Daemon looked around the halls of King's Landing with a frown. "This is.." Ysaera stopped herself from talking.

Daemon opened his mouth to speak as he looked around but just sighed.

"I would just, I would say it's nice to be home but I scarcely recognize it." Ysaera says.

They then entered Viserys' Chamber. Ysaera and Rhaenyra looked around as they saw the miniature of King's Landing; dusty and untouched.

Rhaenyra walked past the table and to Viserys' bed. "Father?" she called. The entered inside as Viserys slept soundly on his bed; his face, covered.

"Who goes there?" Viserys asked in a weak tone.

"Viserys." Ysaera spoke. "It's me, brother. Ysaera and your daughter, Rhaenyra."

Ysaera sat beside the bed."we're here with Daemon."

"Daemon?" Viserys repeated as he requested to be sitted on his bed.

"it's been so long." Viserys said as he began to cry.

"the sea snake has taken grave wound in battle in the Stepstones." Daemon spoke.

"when?" Viserys asked."we won that war years ago."

"No, the triarchy is resurgent." Daemon answered. "The triarchy is fighting anew. There is a petition upon the succession of Driftmark and the heir for the Driftwood throne."

"petitions?" Viserys repeats weakly."Alicent and Otto.. they see to all that business now."

"No, brother, listen to me." said Daemon as Ysaera stood from the side of the bed as Daemon went closer."you are to affirm your position for Lucerys to be Corlys Velaryon's successor."

"has something happened to Lord Corlys?" Viserys asked ad the doors opened.

"brother, there's someone Daemon and I wishes to introduce you to." said Ysaera.

The servant entered with a little boy in her arms. "brother." said Ysaera as she took the baby from the servant.

"This is Aegon." said Ysaera as she sat on the side of the bed "and that is Viserys." she smiles.

Viserys smiled. "Now, that is a name fit for a King." he said with a smile.

Viserys then groaned and held his head he requested for hsi tea to be given and Daemon did so.

Ysaera gave Nayros and Viseryon back to the servant and quickly left the room. Daemon had allowed Viserys to take a rest as Rhaenyra left to find Jace and Luke.

"Princess Ysaera." said Alicent as she entered the chamber. Daemon sat on the chair as Ysaera stood beside him. "and Prince Daemon."

"It's been so long since we're granted the joy of your presence." Alicent says as she stood firmly.

"Indeed, your grace." Ysaera held her chin high and her shoulders back.

"Though not long enugh to merit a greeting upon our arrival." said Daemon.

"I'm sure the Queen had pressing business, my love." Ysaera replied with a nod. "What can either of us know of ruling a kingdom?"

"I do not rule." Alicent spoke."as you well know. My father and I are stewards of the King's and wisdom."

"Well, how exactly is that wisdom expresssed?" Daemon asked. "Hm? In blinks and wheezes? I'd be surprised if you could remember his own name." Daemon looked to his side. "Or if you could."

"King Viserys' condition has worsened since you saw him last." Alicent says and Daemon scoffed. "It subjects him to considerable pain. On the advice of the Maesters—"

"Oh, the Maesters." Ysaera says and chuckled. "Of course it's they who keep them, addled on milk poppy." Ysaera approached Alicent. "while the Hightower's warm his throne."

"Ysaera, if you would see him without it, almost blind with suffering." Alicent spoke with a hint of anger on her voice.

"Alicent, I have no doubt om it was an act of purest mercy." Daemon spoke."but tell me, for the Kings suffering, did the Maester also prescribe the removal of Taegaryen heraldry and the installation in it's stead of various statues and stars?" Daemon stood from his seat and beside Ysaera.

"the emblems of the Seven serve only to guide us on uncertain path." Alicent answered."to remind us of Higher Authority."

"and on the morrow, which authority will sit on the judgement of my son's claim to his own inheritance?" Ysaera asked with a frown.

"that would be mine," Alicent answered."... And the Hand's. But be assured the father is just and commands me to forget the accusations you have hurled in this room today."

with that, Alicent left the room.

        The night had came and Ysaera had sat on Viserys' bed. She held his hand with a sigh.

"Alicent?" Viserys called. "No, it's me Ysaera, your  sister." she replied. Viserys remained silent. "The song of Ice and fire, do you believe it?" Ysaera then asked.

"Aegon's dream."

"You told me, it was our duty to hold the realm united against the common foe." Ysaera says. "By naming me heir, you devided the realm, Viserys."

"I thought I wanted it. But the burden is a heavy one." she sighed. "it's too heavy."

"Ysaera.." Viserys whispered. "..my sister." he says.

"If you wish me to bear it, brother, then defend me." Ysaera said as her voice spoke." And Rhaenyra's chidren, your only daughter."

Viserys once more remained silent. Ysaera stopped holding Viserys' hand and looked away from him; holding her tears back.

— Red Keep —

                The crown will now hear the petitions." said Otto as he sat on the Iron Throne."Ser Vaemond of House Velaryon."

Vaemond stepped up and stood infront adtessing to Alicent and Otto. "The history of our Noble houses extends beyond the Seven Kingdoms to the days of Old Valyria." Vaemond says. "for as long as the house Targaryen has ruled the skies, house Velaryon has ruled the seas."

"I have spent my entire life on Driftmark defending my brother's seat. I am Lord Corlys' closest kin, his own blood." Vaemond continued to speak about the purity of his blood.

"as it does for my son's, the offspring  of Laenor Velaryon." Rhaenyra spoke; who stood in front of Ysaera and Daemon."If you cared so much about your house's blood, Ser Vaemond, you wouldn't be as bold to supplant its rightful heir."

"No, the Lord only speaks for his own self and for his own ambition." Ysaera spoke.

"you have a chance to make your own petitions, Princess Rhaenyra." Alicent spoke."Do Ser Vaemond of allowing his to be heard.

Vaemond turned and looked Rhaenyra's children. "What do you know about Velaryon blood, princess?" he asked. "I could cut my veins and show it to you, and you still wouldn't recognize it."

"If you were so eager to show a true Velaryon born, Ser Vaemond, I suggest you to cut your own veins for such thirst on the Driftwood throne, paint it with your own blood." Ysaera spoke with a smile.

Alicent looked at her as Ysaera shrugged. "Wouldn't that prove he is the rightful heir to the throne?" she says.

"This is about the future and survival of my house, not yours." Vaemond spoke as he looked away from Ysaera andto Rhaenyra. He once again turned to look at Otto.

"This is a matter of blood, not ambition." He says. "I place the continuation of the survival of my house and line above all. I humly put myself before you as my brother's successor. The Lord of Driftmark, The Lord of Tides."

"thank you, Ser Vaemond." with that, Vaemon returned from his place. "Princess Rhaenyra, you may now speak for your son Lucerys Velaryon."

Rhaenyra stepped up and stood in the middle. Before Rhaenyra could finish speaking, the doors of the Red Keep opened.

Viserys weakly walked she was adressed. He walked across the Red Keep as Vaemond had a huge eyes of confusion all over him.

His crown fell to his feet as Daemon had gone to pick up the crown and helped Viserys to sit.

Viserys sat on his throne.

The King sat on his throne. "I must admit my confusion, I don't understand why petitions are being heard over settled succession." Viserys spoke."The only one present, who might offer keener insight into Lord Corlys' wishes, is the Princess Rhaenys."

"Indeed, your grace." Rhaenys answered as she stood in the middle. "It was ever my husband's will, that's Driftmark pass through Ser Laenor to his trueborn son, Lucerys Velaryon."

"his mind never changed. Nor did my support of him."

"As a matter of fact, the Princess Rhaenyra had informed me her desire." Rhaenys says."To marry her sons Jace and Luke, to Lord Corlys' granddaughters, Baela and Rhaena. A proposal which I heartily agree."

"well, the matter is settled." Said Viserys."Again, I hereby reaffirm, Prince Lucerys of House Velaryon, if heir to Driftmark, the Driftwood throne, and the next Lord of the Tides."

"You break law." Vaemond spoke."and centuries of tradition, to install your daughter as heir. Yet you dare tell me, who deserves to inherit the name Velaryon." Vaemond said to Viserys.

"No. I will not allow it."

"Allow it?" Viserys repeats. "Do forget, yourself Vaemond."

"THAT!" Vaemond turned to point at Lucerys. "IS NO TRUE VELARYON!" he yells. "..and certainly, no nephew of mine."

"Lucerys  is my trueborn grandson." said Viserys."and you, no more than the second son of Driftmark."

"you, may run your house as you see fit." Vaemond spoke. "but you will now decide the future of mine. My house survived the Doom and a thousand tribulations besides, and God's be damned." He turns to look at Lucerys once more."I will not see it ended on the accounts of this—"

Vaemond looked behind Lucerys, only to find Ysaera and Daemon staring back at him with sharp eyes.

"say it." Daemon whispered. "Do it." Ysaera urges.

"Her children.." Vaemond starts. "ARE BASTARDS!" Vaemond turned to Viserys."  and she, is a whore."

Daemon looked at Ysaera on his side. She shrugged. Viserys stood from the throne and unsheathed his dagger. "I will have your tongue for that." he says.

In a matter of seconds, Daemon had already stood behind Vaemon and unsheathed his sword and to Vaemond's head, cutting it in half.

"He can keep his tongue." Daemon said as Otto called for the knights to disarm Daemon.

"No need." with that, Daemon returned to Ysaera's side.

Viserys begun to groan on the throne as he was immediately taken away from his throne and guided to his chambers by the knights and Maesters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 1.1K 27
โ ๐–๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ง๐จ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ž๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ. โž ๐ˆn which a foretold prophecy brings forth mo...
32K 927 20
The younger sister of Viserys and Daemon Targaryen, if you thought Daemon was the rough prince Visaera, was the only one who rivalled that. She wasn...
240K 8.5K 35
The life of Saera Targaryen told in four acts. She was her father's forgotten daughter, cast aside as she looked nothing like her mother. Her younge...
8.6K 280 12
"And if I can't have you in this life, I'll look for you in all the ones I have left" A queen was always powerful, a queen sitting on the iron throne...