CHAPTER 6 | GOSSIPS

The afternoon, Rhaenyra and Ysaera was called to the council. Viserys sat on his chair with a frown as the silence grew louder.

Rhaenyra arrived at the council last as she sat beside Ysaera; guving her aunt a small smile.

"The Stepstones were meant to be won for the realm. But over the past few days it seems that we have traded a Crabfeeder for a snake." said Tyland.

"this is clearly a rebuke for passing over Lady Laena for Queen Alicent."

" years have passed since the business with his daughter, certainly he cannot still be roth." Viserys says.

"The Seasnake is an over-proud man to be sure, your grace." said the Maester "that pride has been injured. Perhaps we can salve the wound?"

"I fear Lord Corlys' pride is the least of our worries."

"I don't wish you further stress, your grace." Otto spoke."but my brother has sent a disturbing word from Oldtown. Lord Corlys is said to have engaged in negotiations with the Sea Lord of Braavos."

Ysaera scoffed as some Lord's looked at her.

"he plans to wed his daughter Laena to the Sealord's son." Otto then looked at Ysaera and Rhaenyra across him."if house Velaryon entered into alliance with the free cities." Tyland then looked at the two. "then, we will have to seek out our own marriage pact."

Viserys looked between Ysaera and Rhaenyra. Who would he wed one of them to the Velaryon's? For Ysaera, as she was no use of the King anymore as an heir, if she wed to a Velaryon, she wouldn't have to attend the council that didn't care for the opinions she shares in it.

Ysaera grabbed Rhaenyra's hand and squeezed it.

     The night came, Ysaera went to her chambers; eager for a warm bath. "Ser Lorent, have you seen Rhaenyra?"

The knight by her door looked at her. "You seem to always be asking me the same thing, princess." the knight chuckled. "I have only seen her pass by your chamber and to the end of this hallway." Ser Lorent answered.

"I see." Ysaera nodded."goodnight, Ser Lorent." she says with a smile and a nod.

"Sleepwell, princess." Ser Lorent replied as she nods and closed her door.

As soon as she did so, she took off her necklace that Daemon gave her and olaced it ontop of the table in room. She took her hair ties off and letting her silver wavy hair fall down.
    She always have a warm bath prepared for her at any hour of the day in her chambers. She walked towards the tub of warm water with other supplements that's placed in to keep her skin silk. She sat and rested her head on the tub as she looked up to the high cieling.

Ysaera suddenly looked around as she heard a thud inside her room. "Ser Lorent?" she called but gained no response.
  She looked around for a while before calming down and resting on the tub once more.

As soon as she finished, she hopped out of the tub and taking the towel to dry herself.
   Looking; around her room suspiciously, she saw a sack, sat ontop of the table.
Ysaera slowly approached the table and checking whatever was inside the sack.

Clothes.

And a letter.

She took out the clothes and smelt it; finding the scent just as Daemon smelled like. She lifted it up to see that it was a males clothing.

"Wear this. A chair beside your bed and behind it, a door is hidden."

She frowned as she kept herself covered and heading towards the sude of her bed. She pushed the chair aside and then pushing the wall infront of her and it opened.