CHAPTER 3 | The Stolen Dragon Egg

Rhaenyra sat on her bed and looked at Ysaera; who stood by the window. "Your uncle, banished. And soonly, you'll be named Heir, Rhaenyra." she says.

"The people would speak ill of me when I am named as Heir." said Rhaenyra. "A girl on the throne."

"A powerful girl, my sweetling." Ysaera said sweetly as she approached Rhaenyra. "everything that has been happening is nothing but an unfortunate bliss that we did not want." she sat beside Rhaenyra and clasped her hands. "To what is happening now, Rhaenyra. I want you to be prepared and strong. Strong for the people, the seven realms. And for your father."

Rhaenyra looked at her aunt for a few moments."you are like a second mother to me, auntie." said Rhaenyra."and I want what's best for the realm, for my father and for you." she says.

Ysaera took her to an embrace and held eachother for quite while.

A knock was then heard on the door as Ysaera's knight; entered the room.

"Princesses." He adressed and bowing down. "My lady, Ysaera, the King had called for your presence." he says.

Ysaera looked at Rhaenyra; nodding with a smile as she then stood and followed the knight out of the chamber.

Ysaera entered the dragon pit as Viserys lit up the candles. "Brother." she called and Viserys turned to face her.

"When you look at the dragon's what do you see?" Viserys asked as he approached his sister.

"I suppose I see us." she answered. "Everyone says the Targaryen's are closer to the gods than to men. But they say that because of our dragons." She looked at Viserys. "Without them we're just like everyone else, Viserys."

Viserys nodded at her."the Idea that we control the dragons, is an illusion." he says. "they're a power men should never have trifled with. One that brought Valyria it's doom, if we don't mind our history it will do the same to us."

The two looked at Balerion."Targaryen must understand this to be a King." Viserys looked at his sister. "Or Queen."

Ysaera looked at Viserys with confusion."what are you saying, Viserys?"

"I'm sorry, Ysaera." Viserys says with tears glistening his eyes. "I have wasted years, understanding that the throne needed a male heir, wasted years since I ever sat on the throne; wanting for a son." Viserys explained.

"Ysaera, I believe that you could rule. That you could be a great ruling Queen." Viserys approached her.

"Daemon is your heir, Viserys." Ysaera said with a breathy voice."Daemon was not made to wear the crown. But I believe that you were."

"this is no trivial gesture, Ysaera. A dragon's saddle is one thing, but the Iron throne is the most dangerous seat in the realm."

This was not what Ysaera had wanted. The people have known her as Viserys and Daemon's sister. The Princess with a Goliath; who was told to marry a prince for allies.

She had told Rhaenyra that, she her niece will be the Queen. This was not what she had expected. It was impossible. But yet, here she was, standing before the houses and King's that rules the other realms; swearing fealty beneath her, one knee down and heads bowed down, telling their loyalties.

Holding her chin high and shoulders back, her hair in a crown braid, a crown above her silver hair. Her shoulders heavy out of a cloak, gold on her body along her dress.

"Now you must promise to carry it and protect it." was what Viserys had told her.

Ysaera turned to face Viserys; who sat on the Iron throne and stood. "I, Viserys Targaryen, first of his name, King of the Andals, and the Rhoynar, and the First Men, lord of the seven Kingdoms, and protector of the realm, do hereby name. Ysaera Targaryen, Princess of Dragonstone and Heir to the Iron Throne."