The Billionaire's Regret { Re...

By Stephaaney_x

Meet Charles Walker, a wealthy and powerful billionaire, who seemingly has it all. But beneath his seemingly... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWEHTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FOURTY
CHAPTER FOURTY-ONE
CHAPTER FOURTY-TWO
CHAPTER FOURTY-THREE
CHAPTER FOURTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FOURTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FOURTY-SIX
CHAPTER FOURTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FOURTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FOURTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO
CHAPTER SEVENTY-THREE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SEVENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-SIX
CHAPTER SEVENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER SEVENTY-EIGHT
A/N
CHAPTER SEVENTY-NINE
CHAPTER EIGHTY
CHAPTER EIGHTY-ONE
CHAPTER EIGHTY-TWO
CHAPTER EIGHTY-THREE
CHAPTER EIGHTY-FOUR
CHAPTER EIGHTY-FIVE

CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN

135 6 0
By Stephaaney_x

IT'S FINE. I'M NOT SCARED

After regaining his composure, Kathleen watched as Charles sheepishly cleared his throat, his face betraying a mixture of embarrassment and regret. The quiet ambiance of the bakery seemed to amplify the tension that hung in the air. Still, Kathleen refused to let her fear surface, her features remaining composed and steady as she addressed Charles.

"Charles, it's fine. I'm not scared," she said, her face masking the fear deep within her. "Let's talk, okay?" Her words were gentle yet firm.

Reluctantly, Charles nodded, his hands nervously fidgeting in his lap. Kathleen observed him carefully, her eyes narrowing as she took in the sight of a man who had become a stranger to himself. She knew, deep down, that something was profoundly wrong, and it was time for Charles to confront the demons that haunted his soul.

Charles broke the silence, his voice quivering with vulnerability. "I... I'm sorry for... for throwing your chair," he stammered, the weight of his actions hanging heavily in the air. Kathleen's face softened, and she reached across the table, gently placing her hand on his trembling one.

"Charles, it's okay. I forgive you," she replied, her voice filled with empathy. "But there's something more going on here. Something that needs to be addressed." She paused, her eyes searching his face for a flicker of understanding. "You need to see a therapist, Charles. Whatever happened just now wasn't normal, and you and I both know it."

Charles lowered his head, his gaze fixed on the table. He had always prided himself on his resilience and his ability to handle life's challenges alone. But now, faced with his own unraveling emotions, he could no longer deny the truth. Reluctantly, he nodded in agreement, his voice barely a whisper. "I suppose you're right, Kathleen. Lana... she deserves a father who is mentally, physically, and emotionally sound. And for you... I want to do this for you too."

Kathleen sighed, relief washing over her like a cleansing wave.  She hoped beyond measure that this would be the first step towards healing for both his and Lana's sake. With a mix of compassion and pity, Kathleen reached out to embrace Charles, her arms enveloping him in a warm and comforting embrace. He clung to her, his body trembling with a combination of shame and relief.

As they pulled away from each other, Charles smiled weakly, tears glistening in his eyes. "Thank you, Kathleen. Thank you for caring enough to say something, and for being there for me right now."

Kathleen smiled warmly, her heart overflowing with compassion. "You don't need to thank me, Charles. It's going to be alright."

With that, Charles stood up, a newfound determination etched on his face. He looked at Kathleen one last time before making his way towards the door. Kathleen stood in the bakery, her mind buzzing with a mixture of relief, hope, and a tinge of anxiety as she contemplated what the future holds.

As Kathleen watched Charles disappear from view, a sense of anticipation and uncertainty enveloped her. She knew that the path forward was uncertain, but she also knew that she had made the right choice advising him to seek help.  With that she took a deep breath, straightened her back, and continued to clean her bakery.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 8K 36
The journey of two people...ex-best friends if I may add I guess wanting to keep your reputation and pride intact in front of others costs you someth...
16.1K 349 14
Love is a beautiful thing. It takes commitment for it work. Alicia and Harrison are newly weds and building a beautiful life together. A chance meeti...
554K 11K 43
Newlywed twenty-two year old Rachel Winters believes she finally has it all . But when things take drastic turn Rachel will be left questioning every...
2.3M 83.8K 35
Luke has sworn off love ever since he found out that his best friend and then girlfriend slept together. He loved Olivia and her betrayal cut him dee...