My Little Secret

By TheRealJhomie

WE aren't trying to be in a relationship. We just mess around. Well see, the thing about Jacob is he treats... More

FYI
Nothing New
Relax Mami..
Beautiful Bliss
Bad Timing
Problematic
His Baby Girl
Pity Party
Its None of my Business But..
Ready or Not
The Secret She Kept
Turntables
You Win Some, You Lose Some
The Need to Know
In My Hands
Another Shot For Me
A Tad Bit Risky
Pretty Petty Little Belle
For Better Worse
Just Like That

The Art of Peer Pressure

1.2K 121 142
By TheRealJhomie

Zoey Kingsley

"Good job, baby girl." He kissed my cheek and playfully smacked my thigh.
"I'll come see you after school?" He asked, pulling his shirt over his head. I nodded lightly in response, both too weak and too lazy to speak an actual reply. He chuckled as he hopped off my bed and stretched his arms. He slid his shoes on, and then just like that, he was gone.

You might possibly be wondering why we do this. Well in all honesty, I wish I knew.
Does anyone else know? Good god no! Wait...you don't even know.

So, let me break it down for you.

Jacob and I don't date. We aren't trying to commit. Well, he—we, aren't trying to be in a relationship. We just mess around.
It's as simple as that. We don't talk at school. I try my hardest to stay away from him and his squad, as he calls it, because they're nothing but assholes, including him at times.

You have to understand, the thing about Jacob is, he treats you one way in front of his friends and another way when you're alone.

When it's just me and him together, he has a heart of gold—so nice and sweet. He's himself. When he's with his friends, he is the complete opposite, and I for one, can't stand him. The whole gaggle of idiots diss every single person who walks by. Sometimes, depending on who he's with, I don't even exist. Other times, He's calling me names. Neither of the two are particularly enjoyable.

Now you're probably thinking, why are you still with him? Well, no. We aren't together. I've already said that.

Why do we still mess around? You wouldn't understand. You probably already think I'm an utter moron. You have to understand that once you're attached to someone, it's hard to let go. Very hard. You're on the outside looking in, so you have no idea what this boy does to me, how he makes me feel...

Now, how did everything start? Jacob probably doesn't remember, but I'll never forget. It started my junior year of high school...

I had never been so tired. It was at last volleyball season, and final tryouts were today. If I hadn't made the team, I would've been devastated.
They'd finally given us a break after training for two and a half hours straight. Though it was only a five minute break, I certainly wasn't complaining.

I grabbed my water bottle and sat down on the bleachers, unscrewing the lid and gulping down the icy liquid. My best friend, Aviana, came and sat beside me.

"This is too much," she panted, shaking her head and wiping a bead of sweat from her brow. "Is volleyball really this important?"

I nudged her shoulder, rolling my eyes at her lack of spirit. "Uh, obviously Avi. It's almost over anyway, so stop complaining."

She playfully grinned and took a sip of water from her own plastic bottle. Just before I was about to say something, the screeching whistle blew. I groaned loudly and scrambled up. I jogged to my spot and prepared for drills. Then, a group of boys busted into the gym, laughing and shoving one another. Typical.

"Short shorts and evolving white girls," purred Dominic, the irritating light skin out of the group, with a clap.

I looked around. More than half of us there, weren't even white. Dominic was just a moronic hottie. I gave credit when it was due.

"Shut it Domino," Marcus scoffed. "They're all light skin dummy." Supposedly, he's the funny one of the group.

Never, in my 17 years of living, have I ever met a group of boys so imbecilic here, in New Hampshire, and I've been here my whole life.

"Both of you assholes shut up. They're beautiful individuals." Jacob came in, an easy smile marring his lips.

Jacob was the charmer of the group, and I can tell you easily why. His smooth caramel skin, his beautiful curly hair, and his cool yet impeccably sexy style, was to die for.
Still, that didn't change the fact that he was an asshole.

"Boys, out now!" Coach shouted.

"Coach chill," Dominic coed, grinning.

"We just trying to get some digits, then we'll be out," Jacob chimed in, winking at no one in particular.

This is exactly what I meant. I didn't see how these girls didn't notice. All they wanted was one thing, and they got what they wanted because these girls were too blind to realize they were being used.

I caught the boys walking towards the group of girls I was stretching with. I immediately got up and started walking toward the bleachers, ensuring the gang of self-absorbed, sexually frustrated simpletons came no where near me.

I felt a pair of muscular arms wrap lightly around my waist, and I quickly slapped them away. "Can you not?" I retorted, turning around to see Jacob Perez standing in front of me. Jesus, he was so... "Can you not...touch me," I rolled my eyes.

"But, you liked it," he smirked.

I turned around and continued to stumble towards the bleachers. Once I got there, I pulled out my phone and turned it on to find 6 missed calls from my mom. I turned down the volume, knowing I was about to get an earful of her yelling. I certainly was not in the mood for that.

I heard footsteps behind me, but I took little notice.

"Zoey Kingsley, I called you 6 times and you didn't pick up. When I call, I expect you to pick up the first time, not just whenever you feel like—" I cut her off.

"Sorry mom I'm at volleyball tryouts, remember? My phone was off and—"

"ZOEY LEANNE KINGLSEY, DONT YOU EVER CUT ME OFF AGAIN! DO YOU HEAR ME?" She all but screamed down the phone, right into my now burst eardrum. "Now, I'm coming to pick you up, so be at the front ready."

"Wait, mom tryouts aren't over yet. I'll ride with Aviana," I told her irritably.

"No Zoey, it's already late. You should've driven."

"Mom, my car is the shop because you backed into it," I retorted, sighing and rolling my eyes.

She was silent for a couple of seconds.
"Home before ten," she warned, finally giving in.

"Thanks mom! Love you." I hung up.

Because Jacob was standing behind me, I moved around him to go find Aviana. I could still tell that he was following me but I didn't care.

"Avi, I'm riding with you, okay?" I nudged her arm.

"I'm getting a ride myself," she chuckled,

My smiled dropped. Then, I heard a voice behind me.

"I can take you home."

"Who are you riding with?" I asked Avi, ignoring Jacob, who stood patiently with his hands in his pockets, behind me.

Aviana pulled me closer towards her.
"Jacob Perez just offered to take you home," she muttered, and I could hear the excitement in her hushed tone.

"I don't care if it was the Trey Songz. I'm not going with him." I crossed my arms stubbornly.

"Zoey, ride with him," she hissed.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

She sighed. "Ride with the damn boy."

"Nope."

"Do it."

"No," I repeated for the umpteenth time.

"Then how are you gonna get home?" She asked, arching a brow.

"I'll just get picked up early."

"You're willing to give up just so you don't have to ride with Jacob? Any other girls would've been happy and—"

"For crying out loud, fine. Fine, I'll ride with him," I huffed.

"Great," she grinned.

I turned around to see Jacob standing behind me. I sarcastically smiled his way, and went to sit back in my spot.

__

I thought about the whole situation during the remainder of tryouts. I was pretty rude about the situation. I mean, it wasn't like I was giving him a ride, he was giving me one!

I knew I came off wrong.

Tryouts ended and it was finally time to go. There, Jacob stood right in front of my belongings, sitting on the bleachers.

"Ready?" He asked. I grabbed my stuff and nodded.

I followed him to the car but before I got in I had to apologize. "Hey Jacob, I'm sorry I was being such a bitch before and—"

He laughed. "Yeah, it really hurt my feelings."

"Oh my gosh, Jacob I'm really sorry!" I apologised hurridley.

He unlocked the doors and gestured for me to get in with a grin. "Don't sweat it. I was just playin' baby girl." He started the car.

Baby girl? Baby, damn, girl?

I prayed that this was a silent ride. Indeed, it was. So quiet, we arrived almost instantly.

"Alright, we're here."

I started to get out, then I realized I wasn't actually at my own house."Uhh, can you take me home please?" I tried to asked so calmly.

He laughed. "Yeah, I'm just going to go grab something, then I'll take you home, you coming in?"

I hated Aviana so much, she talked me into this and look how it's turning out.

"Nah, I'll stay.."

"Suit yourself," he shrugged, getting out the car and leaving me alone in the dark.

I patiently waited but seconds turned into minutes and the minutes almost turned into an hour.
It was 9:00 and I knew I had to be home by 10:00. So, before screaming aloud, I got out the car, walked up to the door, and knocked heavily onto it.

There, Jacob stood, in front of me with water dripping from his skin and a towel wrapped around his waist.
After a good half a minute, I crossed my arms and sighed. "Jacob you told me you had to grab something. Not leave me in the car and forget I'm there."

"I told you, you could come in."

"No, Jacob. I need to get home. It's getting late and-"

He pulled me out of the door way and into his home. I pushed him off of me. "Don't touch me! Don't fucking touch me." I headed for the door but he grabbed my arm.

"Damn Z, where you going? You really don't have to fight it. It's just us here—"

"Jacob get off of me!" I slightly pushed him.
"I'm not going to be your little hoe for the night. I just wanna go. Take me home."

He didn't answer me. It seemed like the more I pushed him away, the less space there was between us. But at this point, his forehead was resting on mine. He smelled so good...

"I just want you to be my baby girl. Estás tan jodidamente multa..."

Though I had no idea what he said, at that moment, it sound like angels in my ear.
As soon as our lips synced, I knew this would've been the night Jacob Perez took my virginity.

And I was correct. Even though my mom nearly ripped my head from my shoulders for not returning home that night, it was worth it.

But, this was just the beginning of Jacob and I.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.5K 2K 22
Mindless Behavior Love Story ❤
67K 3.6K 35
"When I was a little girl I used to read fairy tales. In fairy tales you meet Prince Charming and he's everything you ever wanted. In fairy tales the...
2.4M 18.6K 7
Highest rank #1 in teen fiction I had a simple plan. Get a good GPA, escape into college and never turn back. I didn't hate anything because I knew...
13.4K 1.1K 27
Yes, this is another one of my (halfway) lighthearted stories. 😘😘😘 Trying out a new MB pairing can be hard. But It's whatever Hope you enjoy it! ...