The Villainess Next Life (COM...

By chileiha

A 20 year old girl suddenly died from an accident and reincarnated as a villain in a novel story?! What's thi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Special Side Story 1
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Characters' Profile
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Notice
Chapter 23
Bonus Story
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 END
Side Story 2
Side Story 3
Side story 4
Side story 5
Side story 6 - END of side stories
AFTERWORDS (Read to uncover some secrets of the story)

Chapter 3

1.7K 45 5
By chileiha

For the next hours both of them focused on their work. While there is a occasional mumbles and rants from the Empress nothing particular happens.

There was suddenly a gentle knock on the door.

"Your Majesty, it's me." A sweet voice comes from the outside.

Oh, man. Here we go again. I can already feel my jaws hurting from forcing to smile. Alarice grunted.

"Come in." Said the Emperor

The door opened and a beautiful woman with sky blue hair and purple eyes came in. Despite having a child she's still regarded as the flower of the high society. The Female Lead of this novel and the current Empress Consort. Qashanna Beatrice Elmea.

She walked towards the emperor's desk elegantly without even looking at her.

Like I care. Alarice was used to this. After all she knows that this woman sees her as an enemy. Must be the influence of the novel.

"Greetings Your Majesty." She said sweetly while smiling so bright.

"Empress Mother!" A twelve years old boy with sky blue hair like his mother and a pair of ocean blue eyes from his father comes in running towards her.

He is the First prince of the Philleon Empire and the son of Empress Consort. Mael Cassian von Cilmair.

"Oh hello little Mael." I said smiling wildly then hugged him. "What are you so excited about?"

"Well, Empress Mother will make lunch today, right?" he said. "My favorite adobo, right?"

"Nooo! Empress Mother will cook sinigang!" came a much little boy on the door.

An eight years old boy will ocean blue eyes and dark blue hair. The second prince of the Empire and the son of the 2nd concubine. Naveen Rhyzen von Cilmair.

"I wish I could make lunch but I have a lot of work to do." I said

"Come on princes. Why won't you greet His Majesty first." the Empress Consort said.

Wow. The audacity. She didn't even greet me.

"Greetings to our Father Emperor." Both the princes said

"No need for formalities. So why are you all here?" Asked the Emperor

"The kids were missing you so we went here." The Empress Consort said in a gentle voice.

She almost rolled my eyes. You really didn't want me alone with your dear darling, eh.

"It doesn't looks like it is me that the kids wanted to see."

"Oh come one, Nicholas don't tell me you're jealous of me." She chuckled. She deliberately said the Emperor's name to tease the Empress Consort as she was the only one who can address the Emperor on his name. Not for any romantic reason but the law dictates that only nobles with equal or above their status can call the other nobles by their name. Of course this law also applies for the Royal Family.

As Alarice was the only person who was the equal position of the Emperor, thus she's the only one who can legally call his name.

"I was about to when the princes didn't even hug me even though they "missed" me."

"Come on kids. Give me a break and hug your Father. I don't want to have additional work." I jokingly said.

Both Princes hugged their Father and kiss them on the cheeks. Alarice smiled. 4 years ago this guy was very awkward on his children and rarely approached them. She just pushed them together so they can be this close.

After all, it was sad for the children to have a father but not a father figure. Just like her father in her past life.

"Your Majesty, please stop bullying our Ally and let her take a break."

Alarice's eyes sparkled as she hear that voice. She get up of my chair and hug that person. She hugged her back and pat her head.

"You're the only one who understands me in this palace Elisha." She complained. She held both of her hands and looked at her beautiful brown eyes. "Let's both runaway from this place, mh?"

Standing infront of her is a beautiful maiden with brown eyes and wavy dark blue hair. The 2nd Concubine. Elisha Vashti Laidsa.

"No one's going to runaway." The Emperor said dangerously. Although Alarice is the only one who doesn't hear the danger in his voice.

The two ladies however, heard it. The concubine just smiled with concern while the Empress Consort gritted her teeth behind their backs.

"Well, let's go eat." The Empress consort muttered after redeeming herself.

--

In the huge dining area, the 2concubine, the Empresses and the Emperor together with the two princes dine together.

"So how was my chapseuy?" Alarice asked the two kids.

The two princes looked at each other and forced a smile. "It was good." Mael said.

She almost laugh. Of course children won't like eating vegetables.

"You can eat steak if you want." The Empress Consort told Mael.

"No, let it be. It's good for the health of the children to eat vegetables." The Emperor rebutted.

Napatungo na Lang si Alarice. This kind of behaviour is what bothering me. Why would he said something that will make the Empress consort more wary of me?!

"I made a cheesecake so why don't we eat that with a tea after you finished lunch." Pagpapalit ni Alarice Ng usapan.

The two princes' eyes sparkled and started eating.
"Your Majesty, I heard my father was concerned about naming your heir." the Empress Consort started.

Alarice flinched. Why would she bring a sensitive topic in this peaceful lunch?! Just why?! Is she that insensitive?!

Of course she knows why. She now the only wife of the Emperor who doesn't have children yet so this is her attempt to exclude her to the discussion.

She really doesn't want to have children. As a girl from a modern age she knew exactly the weight of the responsibility of a parent to the child.

In this world, they see children as an investment for their future or a way to gain power or to maintain it.

Nicholas' expression turns dark. "I don't think the matter is urgent."

"But Your Majesty, there is a threat on the borders and in order to strengthen your position and gain more influence, you need to name an heir." She insisted.

Well, she must be confident as she has an advantage. The first prince, her son is the first born male, he was constantly praised by his teachers to be talented in both academics and swordsmanship just like his father. Though the eight year old child needs to study for 12 hours a day without rest. His education started at 4 and it was always like this.

However, does a child really need to be excellent in order to be recognize? Alarice always did her best to ease the burden on the princes shoulders but there is not much that she can do as she was not in charge of their education.

"Like His Majesty said, I don't think it's time to name the heir. The princes are still young and the third prince is only 5 months old. I don't think it's fair to name the heir now. Besides, His Majesty is still young and even if there is a threat in the borders the defensive system of my family can help them delay the war in order for us to have more time to think for a permanent solution." She explained.

"Your Majesty, I know that you're helping the Emperor in state affairs but I don't think you have the rights to enter this kind of discussion, don't you think?" The Empress Consort told her with a smile.

Translation: back off! You don't even have a child.

"I'm just saying my opinion on this matter. I don't see any real threat that will urge us to name an heir, is there? Do you have any other reason why you think it's urgent?" Alarice continued.

Translation: You just wanted to push your son to the throne, right?

"Oh my, I'm just concern about the Imperial family's disposition. After all, my father as the prime minister sometimes shared his insights to me and I just think of some simple solutions to ease your burdens."

Translation: you're a foreigner so what do you know about our country.

"Well, As you have known I've also been helping his Majesty in state affairs so I also know a lot about our Empire."

Translation: Idiot! I've been here for four years helping in state affairs. What do you mean I don't know anything?

"That's enough! Shanna, I'll consider your suggestion but Ally is right. I don't see the reason why it should be urgent." the Emperor cut off.

Alarice just shrugged her shoulders. That's one sneaky, bastard. He uses the pet name of the Empress Consort as an endearment to stop her advances in me but also uses my nickname to sugarcoat that he both favors us.

--

That night the Empress consort in her quarters was throwing things at her maids in her anger.

"It wasn't supposed to be like this! Why won't he name you his heir?!" She said as she looked and knelt down at the trembling First Prince.

"Maybe you're not good enough! And earlier! WHY WOULD YOU HUG THE EMPRESS REGNANT FIRST INSTEAD OF PROPERLY GREETING THE EMPEROR. IT MUST BE BECAUSE OF THOSE ACTIONS THAT HE DEEMS YOU NOT GOOD ENOUGH! she shouted as she dug her fingernails on his shoulders

She the got up and bit her fingernails. "Father is very furious. He's pressuring me to make you the heir. He thinks I'm not doing enough." She mumbled.

The first prince was trying his best to hold back his tears. Oh, how he misses the gentle Empress Regnant. Sometimes he wished that she is his mother.

--

At the same time, the Empress Regnant dress herself as a commoner, tie her hair up and get her hood. She sneakily went to the Emperor's room.

"Finding the Emperor at this late at night. Are you pent up my Empress?" He asked.

"What? Eew!" She immediately said. The Emperor chuckled.

He too was wearing commoner's clothing and a hood.

"Stop with your nonsense Nicholas. Come one, were gonna be late for the opening of the night market!" Alarice said hurriedly.

The official opening of the Festival was still on the following week but during this time the night market will be more bustling with people than average.

Once a month. The Empress and Emperor will sneak out to monitor places in the capital. This is to have a first hand experience on what really is happening.

"Can't wait for our date night, Ally?" He asked playfully.

"What are you talking about? This is work. Come on!" She nonchalantly said as she rolled her eyes.

She grabbed The Emperor's hand and they both get out of the room.

Little did she know that the Emperor was looking at her tenderly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

691K 35.2K 83
Do you think a mere human can win against fate? You probably read a lot of stories where a reincarnated person succeeded as a villainess. Most reinca...
4.2K 172 8
What happens when a girl gets sucked into a game, becomes the villainess and accidentally interests the heroine when they're young? Siyeon gets sucke...
142K 4.7K 28
[Completed] Misha Hilung, a sadist and a narcissist. A working adult that works at a company and has a hobby of reading fantasy novels or playing oto...
3K 136 19
My name is Min Ae-ri Shin ... Or it was that. One day as I was taking a bus home from my college as usual while playing an otome game on my phone si...