After All This Time

By sonch03

Easton James has it all NBA career, perfect wife, Margot Robbie, and beautiful daughter. What happens when he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 26

505 32 0
By sonch03

Easton's POV

Upon being woken up by a phone call from the hospital after finally falling asleep two hours ago, I groan before reaching for the phone and answering, "Hello?"

"Mr. James?"

"This is he," I respond professionally even though I'm tired as shit.

"This is Dr. Lincoln. I have just received your scans and I'd like for you to come in as soon as possible to talk about your knee. How soon can you come in?"

Lizzie enters with a tray of my favorite breakfast foods - waffles, fruit, and orange juice. Seeing me on the phone, she raises her eyebrows inquisitively.

"I will come in about an hour. Is that alright?" I answer looking at Lizzie to make sure she can come. She nods.
He replies simply, "No problem, Mr. James. I'll see you soon."

He hangs up without another word, and I look up at Lizzie as she sets down the breakfast tray. "What did he say?" I take a bite out of the waffle before answering.

"He just wants me to come in as soon as possible. Didn't say anything about the results but I'm surprised they called so fast." I eat some more food and she eats some fruit. I pull up a Google search on Dr. Lincoln and he looks to be one of the best in orthopedic medicine. The team must have called him to make sure I have the best

"I don't know much about these things. Maybe they want to get it fixed and you back in the game?" She questions and I shrug, "Yeah maybe."

We finish up breakfast and we head downstairs to the car that she ordered for us to take us to the doctor's office. I get a text from Margot letting me know they are boarding their flight. I sent her a response letting her know where we are and that I'll text her as soon as I'm done so she can bring Spencer to my apartment once they land. She tells me good luck and that everything will be fine. I think to myself even after we both cheated we can still be cordial to one another. I also text my agent letting her know what's going on and that I'll call her to meet at the apartment after as well.

The rest of the ride I am bouncing my good leg out of nerves. Lizzie slides her hand on my thigh and it instantly stops. "Breathe baby." I take a deep breath and feel less anxious. Once we arrive at the office we only have to wait 5 minutes before being greeted by Dr. Lincoln.

"Mr. James, it's so great to meet you. I'm a huge fan." He smiles and shakes my hand.

"Dr. Lincoln, please call me Easton. Thank you for seeing me. This is my..my girlfriend Lizzie." I pause before I introduce Lizzie. He smiles and shakes her hand, "Hello, my daughter is a big fan of yours, Miss Olsen." She smiles and he says, "Well let's head back to my office."

I hop on my crutches behind him and Lizzie as I notice one of the male nurses staring at Lizzie. Once we are in the office Lizzie helps me sit down. I don't let go of her hand but it's her hand on the opposite side. "E, I need to sit down. I'll have my other hand ready." She whispers and I nod letting go. She sits down and takes my hand again.

"Alright, Easton well after looking at the MRI. Looks like you did tear both your MCL and ACL." He jumps right into the bad news. I hang my head knowing that could put me out for 6 to worst 9 months.

"Okay, what does that mean for him now?" Lizzie asks seeing that I'm not going to be answering.

"Well, we will schedule surgery to repair the tears and a long recovery. But I have the best physical therapists on my team." He answers and I finally gather myself enough to ask.

"When did they call you?" I ask and Lizzie snaps her head over to me. Dr. Lincoln doesn't answer right away knowing that I've caught him.

"As soon as you went in for your MRI yesterday." He says and I nod knowing they will now drop me and I will be a free agent.

I look over and see a very confused Lizzie. "The team called Dr. Lincoln in because he is the best in his field and they know that with the tear I have and the recovery time and reports that Dr. Lincoln will give them it's a possibility they will drop me from the team and I will be a free agent. But they want me to have the best in case another team wants to pick me up after I recover."

"What!? That's crazy they would be dumb to let you go." She spits out angrily at him. I rub the back of her hand with my thumb. "Miss Olsen, I will do my absolute best to make sure that doesn't happen. I would like to keep Easton on the Knicks."

I nod at her to get her to calm down. She sits back and squeezes my hand. "Alright, so when do you get to cut doctor?" I ask to lighten the mood. He laughs nervously but answers, "I have you scheduled for surgery in three weeks for the inflammation to subside. I'll talk to the team to get them up to speed. I will give them the best possible outcome I can. With you being so athletic and in shape I see this working out in our favor Easton."

"Thanks, Doc." I look at Lizzie and she still looks angry with the doctor. I smile at her protectiveness. "Let's go, Lizzie." She snaps out of her glare nodding. Getting up handing me my crutches I hop away for the desk out to shake Dr. Lincoln's hand. I feel her hand reach under my shirt to soothe me because I'm still worried this isn't going to work out.

"Don't worry Lizzie he's in good hands." Dr. Lincoln tries to reassure her. "I hope so." She says and I turn around hopping out the door seeing that the male nurse is still there. I wait for her to walk in front of me and she raises an eyebrow at me. I just nod for her to go that way I'm behind her so he can't look at her.

We get to the parking garage and wait for the car. "You gonna tell me why you didn't walk in and out first"

"The male nurse was checking you out and I didn't like it," I say and she smirks me reaching up on her tiptoes and kissing my cheek. "You're adorable."

————

We get back to my apartment, and she cleans up the place and makes us lunch while we wait for Margot to bring Spencer. All I can do is just watch her while she does this. While she is doing my laundry I feel so horrible that she's doing it. I get up hopping to my bedroom and I get to my bathroom. I turn the shower on starting taking off my shirt, "What are you doing?" I jump at her voice.

"Taking a shower?" I ask and she looks down at my brace. "That can't get wet. I ordered you some stuff that you'll need to shower. If need to shower now, I'll get you a trash bag and a stool if you have one that can go in the shower?" She explains and I sit down on the toilet, "Yeah there's a small step later in the pantry. I'll just sit here being useless while my manhood goes with you." I mumble that last part but she hears. She squats down in front of me she puts her hands on my face.

"Sweetheart, you are injured you still have your manhood I am just here to help you. I'll get you the bag, and stool and then you can shower by yourself." She reassures me and leaves the bathroom. Once she's back she helps me put the bag on and get on the step ladder. I grab the handle of the shower head and do something by myself finally.

Once I was finished Lizzie brought me clothes to change into. I manage to get to the couch where Lizzie is on her laptop. I push for the automatic footrest to pop out and I'm so glad I got this couch. She was already in the spot next to me and she moved closer to me. Turning on the TV it's on a channel that's playing Captain America: Civil War but she doesn't realize so I smirk and leave it on. When Vision and her are making food. She looks up when she hears Vision say, "No one dislikes you, Wanda."

"You need to change this right now." She demands and I laugh, "But this one you wear those knee-high socks and skirt. It was a hot look." She rolls her eyes, "Please change it, I hate watching myself no matter how hot you think I look."

I push one of the streaming services and watch Friends. She starts playing with my hair and I reach my hand over placing my hand on her belly. "We've been so focused on me and I haven't asked how you're feeling?" I ask and she places her hand on top of my mind.

"Still some morning sickness this morning while you were sleeping. I had my doctor refer me to someone here, so just waiting on a call back," she says and she kisses me.

I deepen the kiss to show my appreciation, and she moves closer but then there's a knock at the door. She pulls away and I smile, "As much as I was enjoying that, I haven't seen Spencer in a while so I'm excited to see my little girl."

"I know I'll go get your girl," she says smiling and my happiness. I hear the door open and Spencer greeting Lizzie. Then hear her running toward the couch but I hear Margot yell, "Spencer! Be careful with Daddy!"

As soon as she hears that she slows down and sees me, "Hi Daddy, can I hug you?" she asks timidly. "Of course just come on this side of me." I open my arms and she climbs on the couch and hugs me. She holds me tight and longer than normal. "I missed you, Daddy. I'm sorry you are hurt." It makes me tear up. I love it when she's like this. I look up and see Margot next to Lizzie watching the whole interaction.

"Sorry, you had to end your trip short." I apologize to her and she shakes her head. "No it was pretty much over and she was ready to see you. What did the doctor say?"

I explain it all to her and she says how sorry she is and that she's here to help however she can. "I need to talk to you about something," I tell Margot and Lizzie nods asking Spencer to play a game in her room. 

Margot sits down on the opposite side of the couch. "I need to tell you before I-well we tell Spencer. Lizzie's pregnant."

"Oh wow, okay well I'm not sure what to say. Thank you for the heads up. Just keep me up to speed with your recovery." She gets up heading to Spencer's room to say goodbye. It doesn't take her long and she doesn't say anything to me as she walks out. I can't blame her, she just found out that I'm having a baby with a woman she knows I have always loved more than anyone aside from my daughter.

"Lizzie? Spencer?" I ask and they both come out of the room. "What's up Daddy?" she says climbing up next to me as she pats the spot next to her for Lizzie.

"Lizzie and I have something we need to tell you. Lizzie is having a baby and that baby is going to be your brother or sister." I say and Lizzie grabs my hand on the back of the couch.

"Are you going to start a new family with out me?" Spencer says with worry in her little voice. "No no baby! You will be a part of this family."

"Yeah, my baby is going to need their older sister. I would never want to take you away from your daddy. I want to be apart of your family. If you will let me?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 216 3
The one where Reader plays Vision in the MCU and she falls in love with her co-worker Elizabeth Olsen. || From my tumblr @randomshyperson
97.3K 3K 20
Y/n was just a bookshop owner living in Los Angeles with her best friend, until one night her whole world was shaken. (Fem x Elizabeth Olsen)
31.9K 849 33
Going to school was the last thing Jules wanted to do and she hated everything about it, until Ms.Olsen came around. Jules got attached and things st...
43.3K 1.1K 50
Axel and Alexandrea have gone through so much in their life. Never knew about their parents, didn't have any parental figure at all except for 2 peop...