Six Red Curses: Book 2

Oleh beadxz

Shira has become queen. But her life isn't as ideal, as you'd expect it to be with her falling in love with S... Lebih Banyak

Recap of Book 1
CAST LIST
1. Queen
2. Mission
3. Our Futures
4. Selkies
5. Beheaded
6. Realm of Magic
7. The World of Nimir
8. Treason
9. My Worst Nightmare
10. Healed
11. The Cabin
12. Dark Magic
13. Dark Magic Pt. 2
14. Survival
15. Savior
16. Taunting
18. Libary
19. Prisoner
20. Sepher's Final Reign

17. Ball

2 1 0
Oleh beadxz

My eyes tighten as I grip my ears, tears streaming down my face. "Shira?" Sepher asks, his expression softening as my eyes release their hold slightly. "Kallias, could you please give us some privacy?"

"Okay," Kallias said as she left the chambers. "Shira, it's just me. Can you please open your eyes?

As I gaze at Sepher's face, I let out a sigh and try to take a deep breath to calm myself. However, my efforts are in vain, and the sigh escapes my lips even louder. Sepher notices my distress and pulls me close to comfort me. "I'm sorry."

Later

I lay on the sofa, opening up my book, as Sepher supervises me with a grin on his lips.

"I was wondering if we could host a ball?"

"Your brother just died—"

A sigh slips from my lips. I know—

"—it's not a good idea.", Sepher continues. What the kingdom needs is stability. "I'll ask the sovereign for a second sentiment[opinion]."

"Shira?", Sepher replies in a soft tone, causing my eyes to pivot towards him. "I'm just worried."

"I know—but I know what is best for me, and I want to host a royal ball."

Sepher let out a deep sigh and walked out of the bochord{libary}

Royal Ball

"We're having a royal ball!" Kallias exclaims with a grin while the maids tighten my corset. "It'll be splendid."

The maids help me put on a puffy blue dress by binding the laces around each component and fixing up the sleeves. They also position silk blue gloves over my hands, stopping around my elbows, and place dangling diamond blue earrings onto my delicate ears. Then, they change my white slippers to glass blue heels and style my locs in a brooch before adding white ribbons to it.

Kallias

I watch as the maids dress Shira, and I wait for them to do the same for me. She looks splendid, but I can't help feeling jealous. Everything belongs to her: the palace, the king, even Sepher. She has everything, and everyone loves her. I love her too, but she'll never realize it. I left my home to be with her, and sometimes I can't help but resent her for it.

The maids move onto my attire and dress me in a tight green dress, that has a flowy look on the bottom. The design was spread with other layers surrounding it and was so magnificent, so beautifully made.

Shira twists to glance at me, welcoming me with a smile. "You look beautiful."

"So do you."

She takes ahold of my hand and sighs. "Let's go."

Shira

In the heart of a bustling kingdom, we made our way to the grand ball, walking through the palace, the villages, and enchanted niches. We ultimately arrived at the grand ballroom where everything came alive.

My sights were placed on my husband, as he celebrated the triumph of Astrea with the rest of the Lords, causing a grin to form on my face. At least his happy. My feet descend the steps in the Golden ballroom, my eyes meeting Sepher, whose eyes couldn't help but meet mine.

Kallias wanders around, leaving me alone, and a familiar scent brings me out of my head.

"Your Majesty."

My head turns and am greeted by Sepher. "May I have the pleasure of carrying out this dance?"

He holds his hand, lingering for me to take it. And here I was thinking, he'd avoid me. A slight smile forms on my lips, and my hand falls into his. Allowing him to glide me alongside the ballroom.

It was the place where dreams were born, and love stories unfolded under the dazzling chandeliers. Kallias' eyes brightened, as my eyes slightly turned to view my husband's loud banter, who hadn't even noticed I arrived.

My legs swayed alongside Sepher's moving as he moved. "I'm surprised you didn't avoid me."

"Believe me the thought transpired."

Sepher softly chuckles, causing my mouth to widen, as my movements continue to gracefully follow his. With each step, I took he followed, his eyes staring deep into mine. Admiring me. "People will stare."

"I don't care."

"This is wrong.", I continue, arching my brow, waiting for his response.

"I don't care."

A chuckle falls from my lips. As each step I took seemed to ignite sparks of joy in his eyes. "I can't stay away anymore, princess."

What? What does he even suggest?

My feet twirled across the dance floor, my eyes still on his. Our gazes locked as my body fell into his arms.

We danced together under the dangling lights our bodies moving in perfect harmony with each other and with our souls.

The final night of the season's ball arrived, and the music was brought to a halt, loud applause meeting our ears, as everyone continued to celebrate. Sepher grabs hold of my hand, conveying me to the grassland. "What?!"

Abruptly Sepher snatched my dress, tightening his grip, and bringing me closer. His lips collided with mine, as he kissed me passionately, his hands moved to my waist as the kiss deepened from his defined jaw to his soft locs, and then— then, I sighed as if I wasn't already out of breath. I know! that— no, no.

No, no way!

I cannot be enjoying this. I'm married. I'm married to the king! This is wrong. "What?", Sepher asks, once he realises I stop. Another sigh falls from my lips. But if so wrong, why does it feel so right?

I remove my gown while my eyes remain fixed on Sepher. "Are you sure?" he asks. I nod my head in response as the gown falls to the ground. We'd been passionately kissing for ten minutes, breathless, as our eyes remained locked on each other.

We moved into the lake, and he kissed my neck. I threw my head back, gasping at how good it felt. He started kissing my arm, making his way towards my waist, lower and lower, my eyes closed. "Does it feel good?", he asked. I nodded, as a moan escaped my lips. "Fuck!" I started moaning louder, and Sepher moved back up to kiss my lips, he pulled me close, our bodies colliding with each other. Oh My God!

• Later

As I scrubbed myself in the lake, my body moved roughly. "Weirdly, you're just watching me," I said.

A chuckle fell from Sepher's lips. My legs leap out of the lake, as they move towards Sepher, giving him a sharp peck on the lips. I arrange my dress back on. "Can I ask you something?"

Sepher nods. A sigh falls from my lips. Please don't get enraged. "Promise me, you won't get irate?"

His eyebrows raise, as a subtle sarcastic grin forms on his lips. "Depends."

"Has anyone ever been potent[powerful] enough to bring an individual back to life?"

Sepher's gaze sways. "I truly hope you're not conversing about Damian."

"Sepher."

"Promise me, you aren't trying to bring Damian back to life?", he declares. How could he possibly know that?

"Shira?!"

"I promise."

To Be Continued...

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

35 6 12
The Daughter of Darkness must choose: Vengeance, with the wicked Angel of Death, or Peace, with the smouldering Fae King? But her choice won't come e...
37.6K 2.4K 31
Demon World has a bloody past. It holds the initial tides of the demonic civil war, and it is what started the slow erosion of the balance between th...
488 23 12
Where angels fear to tread, her resurrection begins... On a chilly evening in October of 1987, something dark is stirring in the night. A young woman...
2.4K 125 45
[Fantasy novel, completed ✓] In a world filled with magic, dragons, witches, demons, deadly creatures and other magical beings, the life of the king'...