Classroom of the Elite: Legacy

By RyokenOfSins

Many years have passed since the first Class D reached Class A. Those students, now graduated and living thei... More

Vol.1: Prologue
V.1-Ch.1: My Journey Begins
V.1-Ch.2.1: The Advanced Nurturing High School
V.1-Ch.2.2
V.1-Ch.2.4
V.1-Ch.3.1: An Obstacle In The Way
V.1-Ch.3.2
V.1-Ch.4.1: Life In The School
V.1-Ch.4.2
V.1-Ch.4.3
V.1-Ch.5.1: Solitude
V.1-Ch.5.2
V.1-Ch.5.3
V.1-Ch.6.1: Students of Class 1-D
V.1-Ch.6.2
V.1-Ch.6.3
V.1-Ch.6.4
V.1-Ch.7.1: Preparation
V.1-Ch.7.2
V.1-Ch.7.3
V.1-Ch.7.4
V.1-Ch.7.5
V.1-Ch.7.6
V.1-Ch.7.7
V.1-Ch.8.1: The Day of Terror
V.1-Ch.8.2
V.1.Ch.8.3
V.1-Ch.9.1: All For One & One for All
V.1-Ch.10.1: Everything Starts Here
V.2-Ch.1: Ogawa Kimiko's Soliloquy
V.2-Ch.2.1: An Unexpected & Precarious Situation
V.2-Ch.2.2
V.2-Ch.2.3
V.2-Ch.2.4
V.2-Ch.2.5
V.2-Ch.3.1: Issuing An Investigation
V.2-Ch.3.2
V.2-Ch.3.3
V.2-Ch.3.4
V.2-Ch.3.5
V.2-Ch.3.6
V.2-Ch.3.7
V.2-Ch.4.1: A Key Witness From The Scene
V.2-Ch.4.2
V.2-Ch.4.3
V.2-Ch.4.4
V.2-Ch.4.5
V.2-Ch.4.6
V.2-Ch.5.1: Tsukamoto V. Class C
V.2-Ch.5.2
V.2-Ch.5.3
V.2-Ch.5.4
V.2-Ch.6.1: The Verdict
V.2-Ch.6.2
V.2-Ch.6.3
V.2-Ch.7.1: The War Has Begun
V.2-Ch.7.2
V.1 Furukawa Hideyoshi SS: The Girl With Black Hair
V.1 Chabashira Sae SS: An Old Face
V.1 Mukai Yumiko SS: An Interesting First-Year
V.1 Horikita Misaki SS: What Are Friends?
V.1 Furukawa Hideyoshi SS-A Simple Fight
V.2 Furukawa Hideyoshi SS-The Man Who Saved Me
V.2 Ryuen Takemi SS-An Old Face
V.2 Hiyori Shiina SS-Who Is It I See In Those Eyes?
V.3-Ch.1: Matsubara Rin's Soliloquy
V.3-Ch.2.1: Paradise & Damnation
V.3-Ch.2.2
V.3-Ch.2.3
V.3-Ch.2.4
V.3-Ch.2.5
V.3-Ch.3.1 (The Rivals)
V.3-Ch.3.2
V.3-Ch.3.3
V.3-Ch.3.4

V.1-Ch.2.3

519 17 7
By RyokenOfSins

Misaki

The Advanced Nurturing High School; Hallways

After class ended, I headed towards the gymnasium where the ceremony was being held. Alongside me were a few of my classmates, as well as other students from other classes. From the looks of it, they were already giving us some unusual and disdainful glances-considering we were Class D.

"Hm..." I grunted, glancing back at them.

"Worried about the other classes?"

I looked to my right and saw Furukawa, walking alongside me. "A little. Aside from that, what's with you? Talking to me and such."

"Who knows...?" Furukawa looked away, hiding his face so I couldn't see his expression.

I gave him an intense glare, annoyed that he didn't give me a clear answer. "You're strange, you know that?"

"Strange huh...?" he said in such a quiet and low tone.

"Hello~!!!" A loud voice came from behind us. "Horikita-san! Furukawa-kun!"

We both turned around and saw Kurino, our classmate from Class D. Apparently, she was running, chasing after us for some reason.

"What's with her?"

"Don't know."

Kurino caught up and panted out of exhaustion. "W-Wait...just for a minute please..."

"Can I help you?"

Kurino took a few breaths, then stood up tall and looked directly at me. "S-Sorry...! Whew! It's nice to meet you, I'm Kurino Marise!"

"I know. You're in the same class as me," I said. "Is there something you want?" I asked.

"Oh, right! Um...Horikita-san, will you be my friend?!"

"Friend?" I thought about what she said in class and remembered. Kurino's wish was to befriend everyone, including me apparently. "I'm sorry, but I'm not good with making friends, yet alone keeping them."

"I-Is that so...." Kurino frowned, then turned to Furukawa. "Hey Furukawa, what about you? Will you be my friend?"

Furukawa stared at her, then turned to look at me. I gave him a look, telling him that he should answer for himself. "Depends," he answered Kurino.

"'Depends'?" Kurino tilted her head, wondering what he meant.

"Tell me, what is your reason for wanting so many friends?" Furukawa asked, facing her.

"Well..." Kurino blushed, touching her fingers together. "I've...never really had many friends, so...that's why I wanted to make at least a few friends while I'm here, you know?"

"I see."

There was a brief pause and a moment of silence. Other students walked past us, heading towards the gymnasium while we stood still in the middle of the hallway.

"S-So...?"

"I'll think about it." Furukawa turned and followed behind the other students.

"I apologize, Kurino." I bowed, then I did the same. As I walked away, I noticed that Kurino stayed behind, standing still and staring at the ground with a sad look on her face.

The Advanced Nurturing High School; Gymnasium

I arrived and stood alongside my fellow Class D classmates. To our sides, there was Class A, Class B, and Class C-all first-years just like us. They stood silently, staring at the stage in the front, patiently waiting for the ceremony to start. As for Class D, they gossiped among one another, bored and tired of being here, hoping that they could leave as soon as possible.

This is only going to get worse for us...no, for me. I thought to myself. I was concerned about the standing of our class. Because of my classmates and their foolish actions, it was only going to get worse. Eventually, our entire class will fall down with me along with it. I couldn't let it happen, but with the way I am, I can't bring myself to stop it.

"Attention, students!" A voice came from a speaker, and a woman dressed in a suit walked up to the stage, standing in front of all of us.

"Welcome to the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School. My name is Chabashira Sae. I am the Principal."

Chabashira Sae. If I remember correctly, she was the homeroom teacher in my mother's class. She never told me much, except the fact that she aided her by advising and guiding her in the right direction, leading the class up and away from Class D. Now, after all those years, it seems like she's gotten a promotion.

"Congratulations on your enrollment, everyone. We are glad that all of you are here. As you know, our school is quite a prestigious academy where not many people can enter, so consider yourselves lucky that you're standing here today. As a faculty member, and a former teacher, I encourage you all to explore and pursue your dreams, so please make the most of your time. You are the next generation, and may you all have a safe and wonderful journey ahead of you." Chabashira bowed and walked away. Claps came from all around, praising her and her speech.

"Next, a word from the Student Council President!"

"The Student Council...?" I muttered to myself.

A girl wearing a red school uniform like the rest of us walked up to the stage and stood in front of all of us. She had a smile on her face, and I could tell that she had courage and bravery just from the look in her hazel-colored eyes. Her golden-blonde hair swayed in the air, showing her beauty and her finesse, catching the eyes of many students.

"Welcome, everyone! It's so nice to meet you all!" She greeted us with a kind and happy attitude. "My name is Mukai Yumiko. I am in Class 3-A and the president of the Student Council. I stand here before you to tell you all that you have many obstacles and challenges ahead. As first-years, it will be difficult and it may even seem impossible. However, no matter what, face them head-on together with your class and you will overcome them!"

Her words of encouragement reached the hearts of the students, and the gymnasium erupted. Cheers came from all around and smiles could be seen from everyone's faces.

"Enjoy your life here at this school, and I wish you all the best of luck!" President Mukai bowed, then left the stage with cheers and claps continuing on.

The Advanced Nurturing High School; Keyaki Mall

After the ceremony ended with the Student Council President's speech, I left and headed towards the mall. I didn't have much of anything, and even though I only had a certain amount of Points, it was better to have something rather than nothing. I needed necessities if I wanted to truly live and survive here at the school.

I entered a convenience store, grabbing a basket and looking around. There were items that you normally see, such as snacks, ready-to-eat meals, and drinks. In addition to that, there were skin-care products, shampoo, toothbrushes, and many other home goods. This store pretty much had everything you needed.

I walked past a few girls who seemed like they just finished shopping. I took a quick peek at their baskets and saw that they chose the high-quality products over the cheaper ones. Their choices seemed reasonable, considering the 100,000 PP that we had. However, it'll eventually bite them back.

I grabbed a shampoo bottle from the shelf and looked at the price tag. It didn't seem much, but by taking a glance at the other ones, I saw that the one I held in my hand was the most expensive out of all of them. There were two factors you had to consider when buying: quality and price. In this case, the shampoo I had was better, but the price was quite high. The other shampoo brands worked just as well, and for a reasonable price. I placed it back where it belonged and I looked around for other options.

Besides shampoo, I was looking for other items that I needed. That's when I saw a bin in the far corner of the store, unnoticeable by other shoppers, having loads of necessities. I went over and checked it, seeing that it was a clearance bin. It had the label "free" on it and "four items per month". Looking at the fact that we had a monthly allowance, and the possibility of us running out of Points, I concluded that this was used for those students.

"Still...it's better to have an advantage." As it said, I took four items from the bin. For the rest of the things I needed, I bought them using my Points.

"Please come again!" said the store clerk.

I left with a bag full of necessities, as well as some food. I headed on my way to the dormitory, but that's when I noticed three students apparently arguing with each other in an alleyway between two buildings.

"What did you say?!"

"You heard what I said, Class D idiot."

It was one of my classmates, Tsukamoto. His blood was boiling and he was past his breaking point, getting angry and aggressive. For the other two, it seems like they were from another class. I took out my phone and opened the OAA app, finding out that they were from Class C. One was named Hirayama Ichirou and the other was Hoga Makoto. I didn't know the reason behind their argument, but from the looks of it, it seems like Tsukamoto was disrespected for being in Class D.

Tsukamoto gets up close to them and glares at them. "Call me an idiot, and see what happens...!"

"Oh~, I'm so scared~..."

"Hahahaha...!" The two boys laughed and walked away from him.

"You little...!" Tsukamoto was about to charge at them, but he suddenly stopped to look at something above. He grits his teeth, then walks away and goes in the other direction.

Why did he stop? I asked myself. After he left, I decided to go to the area where he was and investigate. I looked around, seeing a cup of noodles with warm broth spilled all over the floor. Besides that, I noticed a security camera just outside the alleyway where the three of them were. I guess he was about to fight them, but once he saw the camera, he stopped himself and ran.

I bent down and cleaned up the cup of noodles, throwing it away in the trash. I left, looking back at the security camera and wondering if anyone was watching me. An invisible eye, able to see everyone and everything. I don't know why, but for some reason, I have a feeling that I may have to use these cameras in the future.

The Advanced Nurturing High School; Dormitory

At twelve pm, I arrived at the reception desk and I received a card for Room 1301 as well as a handbook with directions and rules. As I was about to head to my dorm room, I noticed a familiar figure sitting on a couch in the main lobby. It was Furukawa. He was quietly reading a book alone, drinking a can of Japanese black coffee he held in his hand. Even now, he still had that same scary expression on his face. Since he was there, I decided to take a detour and go to him.

"Not going to your room?" I asked him. He stayed silent, continuing to read his book. I took a glance and saw that it was a Sherlock Holmes book, written by the famous author who goes by Arthur Conan Doyle. "You know your books."

"..."

Without asking, I sat down on the other end of the couch, placing my bag at my legs. "It's almost over. Our first day here at the school."

"..."

"Can you not speak anymore, Furukawa-kun?" I asked, questioning his silence. Earlier, he was talking to me, trying to make conversation. Now, he's ignoring me completely.

He flipped a page in his book. "No. I only speak when I want to."

"Oh...?" I said in an annoyed tone, glaring at him.

"So? Do you have something to ask of me?"

I stared at him and thought about his question. I didn't really have anything in particular I wanted to talk to him about. However, after he said that, something came to mind. "There is something I wish to ask." He stayed silent, but I could tell he was listening. "Tell me, what do you think about this school?"

He flipped another page, then closed his book. "I think it's complex and interesting." After he said that, there was a brief and silent pause between the two of us.

"That's it?"

"What more do you want me to say?"

I grunted, then looked away from him. "...Nevermind. I thought you might have some wisdom, but it seems like I was wrong. Well, whatever. I'll be leaving now." I grabbed my bag and stood up to leave.

"How will you handle it, Horikita-san?"

I stopped in my tracks and turned, looking back at Furukawa. "Handle what?" I asked, confused by what he meant.

"Being in the lowest and most defective class: Class D."

My entire face lit up from his words. I was surprised-shocked that he knew about the rankings and the meaning of being in Class D. Not a single one of our classmates knew the truth, and I thought I was the only one. However, it seems Furukawa already knew everything from the start.

"You know...?" I asked.

"I do," Furukawa said, confirming it.

"...I don't know." I answered his question honestly. "It just...doesn't make sense. How could I be in Class D...? I looked at all the factors, making sure I wouldn't end up at the bottom and yet..." I stopped myself from speaking anymore and clenched my fists. I was frustrated at the thought of being in such a low-ranked class. It was embarrassing, and I felt like a disgrace.

"If you're in Class D, then the school probably made the right choice."

"...!" I glared at him, directing my frustration and anger at him. "What do you mean by that?"

"You've seen the school. You've seen the teachers, the facilities, the students, the staff, everything. There is no mistake in their decision." My mother's words and her stories came flooding into my mind.

"I believed that I was better, that I was superior to everyone else. I believed that being placed in Class D was a mistake. However...I realized that I was wrong. I truly did belong in Class D, as much as I hate to admit it. And that...was something I had to accept."

Furukawa was right. My mother was right. If the teachers and the school decide that I belong in Class D, then there was nothing wrong about it. Even if I went up to Matsubara-sensei right now, it wouldn't matter. Class D was my fate, and like my mother, I too had to accept that.

"What will you do, Horikita-san?" Furukawa asked.

The thought of Class D slowly drifted away from my mind and now, I was thinking about the individual sitting in front of me. "Why do you want to know...?" I asked, confronting him.

Instead of saying anything, he stared at me-gazing directly into my soul. I did nothing but stare back, looking straight into the pitch-black darkness in his empty dark-gray eyes. It was nothing but a void filled with absolute nothingness, and it made me feel cold.

"You have your life, and I have mine. What I do is none of your business." I turned around and walked away, leaving and heading towards my room.

The Advanced Nurturing High School; Dormitory; My Room

Using the keycard I received, I entered my room and turned on the lights. It was empty and everything was clean. I closed the door behind me and placed my bag on the ground, then I went over to my bed and laid down, letting out a sigh of relief.

"This will be my new home from now on..." I muttered to myself. I tugged into the blankets and I couldn't help but smile from the comfort of my bed. I began to feel drowsy, slowly falling asleep. Realizing that, I stopped and got myself up. I took out my phone and checked the time, seeing that it was now two pm. I was glad that I stopped myself. If I didn't, I would've not only wasted my time, but I would've entered a horrible sleep schedule.

I got up from my bed and took a look around the rest of my room. I had a kitchen, a t.v, a wardrobe, and a desk I could use to study and place my books at. I had everything that I needed to live here, but if I wanted, I could use my Points to decorate my room. I took out my phone and checked my Point value. I had a total of 89,000 PP remaining.

"I should probably save as much as I can for now." As much as I wanted to buy some decorations, I couldn't-at least not yet. Once I know for certain that I'll have a steady income, I will use my Points. Until then, I had to bear with it. "In the meantime, I might as well study." I opened my bag, grabbing a couple of textbooks and placing them on the desk. I grabbed out a few pens and papers, placing them on the desk as well. Now that I had everything I needed, I started studying.

After a few papers written with multiple questions and answers, it had turned to nighttime. I let out a sigh, then closed my book and placed my utensils on the desk. I changed into my pajamas, then turned off the lights and laid down in my bed-exhausted from studying.

The first day of school is now finally over. The next day and the days after that will be where I work towards my goals. "I'll reach Class A, and..." I clenched onto the blankets tightly. "...Otou-san, I will find out who you are." I closed my eyes, falling sound asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68K 1.9K 12
FanFiction, dedicated to the anime named Classroom of The Elite. I do not own the characters and places throughout the story. However, the plot will...
757 59 3
Kiyotaka Ayanokoji wakes up one day and gets thrown into a game. Well, that's not exactly it. He didn't get thrown into a different world or anything...
217K 6.8K 27
(Discontinued) Yes, another COTE fanfic, IDK why I do them but, that doesn't matter. Synopsis: A new special exam was announced for the second year...
14.3K 920 9
"My flaws are the tools for my perfection." Dissatisfied with his state as a blank slate, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka resolves to change during his time in t...