Pokémon: Indigo League

By Kenon96

This story is the same as the original anime. My character will be on his own journey as a Trainer and will t... More

Niko
Disclaimer
Battle 1: The Journey Starts Now
Battle 2: A New Friend
Battle 3: Whirl-y Go-round
Battle 4: Rock and Roll
Battle 5: Hard as a Rock
Battle 6: A Badge of Honor
Updated Team
Battle 7: Waterlogged
Battle 8: An Egg-Cellent Story
Battle 9: Seeing is Believing
Battle 10: Fighting Types
Battle 11: Evolutionary, my Dear Bulbasaur!
Battle 12: Crash Course
Battle 13: Hatch of the Day
Battle 14: A Criming Shame
Battle 15: Hook, Line, and Stinker
Battle 16: The Smell of Victory
Summer
Battle 17: The Great Fighting Pokémon Battle
Battle 18: Fuschia Ninja Showdon
Battle 19: The Poké-Ninja Way
Battle 20: Dig Those Diglett!
Battle 21: A Living Legend
Battle 22: Little Big Problem
Battle 23: Enlighten Up!
Battle 24: The Case of the K-9 Caper
Battle 25: Get Psyched!
Battle 26: Haunt and Seek
Battle 27: For the Sixth Badge! Niko vs Sabrina
Happy Halloween
Battle 28: The Battling Eevee Brothers
Battle 29: Showdown at Dark City
Battle 30: Holy Matrimony
Battle 31: The Ultimate Test
Battle 32: A Mystical Encounter
Battle 33: Riddle me This.
Battle 34: Winning the Heat
Battle 35: Beach Blank-Out Blastoise
Merry Christmas
Battle 36: Misty Mermaid
Battle 37: Viridian Secrets
Battle 38: Mew and Mewtwo
Battle 39: Showdown at the Po-Ké Corral
Battle 40: Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
Battle 41: Bad to the Bone
Battle 43: Round One Begin!
Battle 44: Fire And Ice
Battle 45: Fourth Round Rumble
Battle 46: A Friend in Deed
Battle 47: Friend and Foe Alike
Battle 48: From Friend to Foe
Battle 49: Pokemon League Finale
Battle 50: Pallet Town and Beyond!
Reunion at Pallet Town
Coming Soon.....

Battle 42: All Fired Up

104 6 15
By Kenon96

Narrator: Our heroes have finally reached the Indigo Plateau, home of the renown Pokémon League. Ash and Niko are approaching the competition with dignity and quiet concentration. However, the boys are celebrating the fact that they made it to their dream.

Misty: Boys, are you going crazy?

Brock: The answer is yes.

Duplica: Let them celebrate.

Kota: They have every right to be this excited after all this time. Ultimately, their celebration causes Togepi to get upset.

Misty: Now just look what you did to Togepi. Oh, it's alright, little Togepi. Togepi soon stops crying.

Ash: Sorry, Misty. But when me and Niko think about competing in the Pokémon League, we feel like we're gonna explode.

Niko: Yeah. My excitement is reaching its limit!

Brock: Explode at the opening ceremonies tomorrow.

Ash: Yeah!

Niko: Pokémon League title, here we come!

Misty: Those two are starting to scare me. The rest of the gang just stand back and watch the excited duo.

Brock: The excitement's really getting to them.

Duplica: Well, they might as well get it out of their system.

Brock: They're confident now, but just wait till they get a look at the competition.

Niko: What's the hold up, guys?

Ash: Let's go!

Our heroes soon reach the town outside the stadium where the competition is being held and see crowds lining the streets.

Misty: What's this?

Ash: Maybe they're here, to cheer for me.

Niko: Do you think so? The crowd soon starts cheering.

Ash: Hi, everybody. Thanks a lot for coming out to see me. If you want autographs, we'll be glad to...

However, the crowd runs past the two boys to greet someone else, that being a jogger carrying a torch to the Pokémon League stadium with a Hitmonchan by his side and Officer Jenny riding behind and escorting another vehicle.

Brock: It's the torch.

Ash: The torch?

Misty: They use it to light the flame that burns during the whole Pokémon League competition.

Duplica: Like the Olympics?

Brock: Exactly. And like Olympic athletes, the flame's supposed to inspire all the trainers and Pokémon who compete in the Pokémon League. Being one of the torch bearers is a huge honor.

Kota: There's a legend that says the flame comes from way back in ancient times from the flames of Moltres.

Niko: THE Moltres!?

Ash: What's a Moltres?

Niko: Here, look!

Pokédex: Moltres, the Flame Pokémon. Known as the legendary bird of fire. Every flap of its wings creates a dazzling flash of flames.

Ash starts to visualize Moltres in his head.

Ash: If that flame really is lit from the flames of Moltres, then its more than just a legend. Moltres has to be real.

Misty: And you want to catch one.

Ash: Yeah, I'll catch one and train it, just like...

Misty: Just like you train Charizard? Ash stumbles in disbelief.

Niko: But it's a Legendary for a reason. They're not easy to come by.

Ash: But first, I'm gonna carry that torch. Ash soon comes up, cheering for the torch bearer. Okay, I'll take the torch from here.

Niko: Ash, wait! However, Officer Jenny blows the whistle on them.

Officer Jenny: Only approved competitors are allowed to carry that flame.

Ash: Officer Jenny, don't you know me?

Officer Jenny: No, I'm afraid I don't.

Brock: You might not know us, but we sure know you. Or the other Officer Jennies.

Officer Jenny: Well, looks like your friend's are causing trouble.

Brock: Ha! You mean these two? They're harmless, theye just gets a little, carried away.

Officer Jenny: Only competitors can carry the torch.

Ash: But me and Niko are competitors and I wasn't trying to cause any trouble. Please, all I want to do is carry that torch.

Officer Jenny: The rule is you have to be approved.

???: Well, I say we bend the rule and give the lads a chance! Our heroes spot an old man on top of the vehicle Officer Jenny was escorting.

Officer Jenny: President Goodshow?

President Goodshow: As you know, the Pokémon League competition is all about spirit, and it sounds like this youngster has spirit!

Ash: Is that Santa Claus? President Goodshow falls off in disbelief.

President Goodshow: (chuckles) Santa Claus.

Officer Jenny: May I present the honorable Charles Goodshow, president of the Pokémon League torch committee.

President Goodshow: My friends, call me Charlie.

Misty: You sure don't look like a president, uh, uh, sir.

Ash: What difference does it make what he looks like?

President Goodshow: Exactly correct. It's what one does, not what one looks like, that's important. And I see that you, son, are a door. A door to boundless possibility. This whole competition is about spirit, and we could use a spirited young man like yourself to help deliver this noble flame to Indigo Stadium. What do you say?

Ash: It'd, be, an honor.

Pikachu: Pi! (Yeah) Soon, the flame passes into another torch held by Ash.

Ash: Pikachu.

Pikachu: Pika. (We are)

Ash: Just think. This flame came from a Moltres and it stands for the whole spirit of the Pokémon League. Now it's up to us to keep us safe.

President Goodshow: It sounds like you understand the importance of your responsibility.

Ash: Yeah.

President Goodshow: Then, off we go!

Ash: Right!

Soon, everyone claps and applauds as Ash runs toward the stadium. Thanks, everybody! Thanks a lot!

Up above the crowds, Team Rocket stalks.

Meowth: Hey, look!

Jessie: Now the twerp has the torch.

James: That burns me up.

Meowth: If we can filch dat flame, we'll steal da spotlight fawh Team Rocket!

Jessie: That's a hot idea.

James: And we can steal lots of Pokémon, too!

Jessie: Alright! Let's go!

Levi: Hmph! What a waste of time. Levi said looking down at everyone with contempt. Down below, the runners continue out of town and into a wooded area outside the stadium. Just then, Ash hears something)

Ash: Pikachu, Pikachu, you hear something?

Pikachu: Pika. (I do)

Brock: I hear it, too.

Duplica: What is it?

Misty: Sounds bad. The ground under our heroes is starting to crack, and it gives under Officer Jenny, Charlie, and the others and our heroes see them in a giant pit as the dust clears)

Misty: Help, guys, get us out.

Ash: How did this happen? On cue, Team Rocket make themselves known.

James: Yoo-hoo! Our heroes look up.

Jessie: Prepare for trouble!

James: Make it double!

Jessie: To protect the world from devastation!

James: To unite all peoples within our nation!

Jessie: To denounce the evils of truth and love!

James: To extend our reach to the stars above!

Jessie: Jessie!

James: James! Team Rocket leaps down to the surface.

Jessie: Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!

James: Surrender now, or prepare to fight!

Meowth: Meowth! Dat's right! Meowth dives toward Ash and Scratches his face, causing Ash to toss the torch in pain.

Brock: Look, the torch!

Meowth: He's a regular flamethrower. After Meowth catches the torch, he accidentally sets himself on fire, tossing the torch away, allowing Pikachu to catch it.

Pikachu: Pikachu! (I got it) As for Jessie and James, they're running away from Meowth, who's still on fire.

Jessie: Get away, you fiery feline!

James: A flaming fur ball!

Meowth: Help me out! Put me out!

James: Victreebell, go! Victreebell materializes and covers Meowth with its mouth, however, this causes Victreebell to catch fire, too. Jessie and James runaway as Meowth races after them with Victreebell still on him.

Niko: Should we...help them?

Ash: I'm gonna regret this. Squirtle, I choose you! Squirtle materializes. Okay, Squirtle! Use your Water Gun! Squirtle's attack manages to put out the fire..

Meowth: Dat was, very refreshing. Jessie, furious, gets back up.

Jessie: Listen, you three, just because you and that squirt toy saved our lives doesn't mean we can't be mean!

James: We're taking that flame-o, lame-o!

Ash: No you're not!

Jessie: Oh, yes, we are. I'm sure that the famous flame from the mysterious Moltres will bring a very pretty price.

James: We can make a fortune from the blaze that pays.

Ash: Forget it! The blaze stays with us!

Niko: So beat it!

Pikachu: Pika! (That's right)

Jessie: Don't make us play rough, kiddies!

James: Pikachu, give it to me!

Pikachu: Pika Pi! (Ash) Pikachu tosses the flame up and shocks James.

Ash: I got it!

Jessie: Children shouldn't play with fire!The three manages to get their hands on the torch.

Jessie: Let go of it!

Ash: Not on your life! This flame stands for everything that's good about the Pokémon League! And we're not about to let you, or anybody else, steal it! Squirtle jumps on Jessie's back and pulls her mouth back to help his friends.

Jessie: Meowth, help! Meowth jumps onto Ash.

Meowth: You and your friends are taking this torch stuff way too serious, kid. Come on, lighten up! Meowth proceeds to make Ash laugh, allowing Jessie to take the torch.

Jessie: Well, you tried, kid. But, you can't hold a candle to me.

Ash: Come back!

Niko: You thieves!

James: Fire, away!

Meowth: Fire away! That's a good one! Our heroes watch helplessly as Team Rocket escapes.

Pikachu: Pikachu. (They escaped)

Squirtle: Squirtle. (Blast it)

Ash: It's gone. I failed. President Goodshow pops up, revealed to be riding on Brock's back.

President Goodshow: Don't worry, my boy.

Officer Jenny: They can't be far, we'll track them down. The old man approaches Ash and his training pals.

President Goodshow: Ash. You and your friends demonstrated great bravery and I'm very proud of you. The flame will live on.

Niko: But what about the competition?

President Goodshow: Let me show you. He unzips his jacket and reveals a lantern with a Moltres flame inside, shocking our heroes.

Misty: What is that?

Ash: A lantern?

President Goodshow: I always keep an extra flame from Moltres tucked away so I could relight the torch if it goes out. The Pokémon League is very close to my heart, so I keep this flame close to my heart, too, just as a little insurance policy.

Duplica: Hehe!

Niko: What's so funny, Duplica?

Duplica: Well, it's just that Team Rocket got a dud.

Niko: Yeah, I guess you're right. I'd love to see the looks on their faces right now!

Meanwhile...

Jessie: Look! The flame's going out! Somebody do something, quick!

James: Meowth. You better fix this!

Meowth: You must've broke it. You see? All you gotta to do is turn it up a little bit. Meowth turns the dial, but the flame gets bigger and burns Team Rocket before it goes out completely.

Meowth: Too much. Right?

Jessie: The Moltres flame is burned out.

James: So, are we. Jessie and James fall over.

Meowth: Our dreams are up in, smoke! Herman said coughing up smoke.

Officer Jenny is seen watching her motorcycle get pulled out of the pits. Ash lights the spare torch.

Misty: Wow! Looks good as new.

President Goodshow: Are you ready, Ash?

Ash: Ready.

President Goodshow: Good. Then it's off to the Pokémon League!

The run continues as the entire group takes turns running with the torch, until they finally reach Indigo Stadium.

Misty: There it is!

Niko: The Pokémon League!

Ash: The stadium sure looks great, Mr. President.

President Goodshow: Yes, Ash. It's empty now, but tomorrow, it will be filled to capacity, for the opening ceremonies of the Pokémon League competition! Soon, everyone starts cheering as our heroes arrive.

Niko: We finally made it! Niko hands the torch to President Goodshow.

Niko: Here's the flame of Moltres.

President Goodshow: Thank you. I trust you'll all be at the opening ceremonies tomorrow?

Everyone: Yes! (Everyone applauds)

President Goodshow: Jolly good show!
Later that evening, our heroes reach the Pokémon League Village, the place where all the trainers competing will be living during the course of the tournament.

Brock: Wow! The Pokémon League Village!

Kota: To think that we get to stay here!

Ash: This is great! It's where all the Pokémon trainers stay during the competition.

Gary: Late as usual, aren't you, guys?

Ash: That sounds like, Gary!

Gary: Ash, Niko, I hope tomorrow is either of your lucky days because luck's what you're gonna need.

Ash: You don't know what you're talking about, Gary! Neither me or Niko need luck to win! We're both great Pokémon trainers!

Niko: Yeah, Gary. And you're gonna see why tomorrow!

Gary: Unless you both study with other trainers like your friends, your chances aren't so great.

Ash: Says who?!

Gary: Every real trainer says you have to study the competition to win the Pokémon League.

Gary: Let's go, girls. If I stay here much longer, I might catch loser-itis or and miss the competition. See ya!

Niko: Gary never changes, huh?

Trace: Same goes for you! Trace said getting their attention.

Niko: Trace!

Ash: Hey, long time no see!

Trace: Niko, Ash. Glad to see you at least found the village. I just got here earlier. And check it. Trace showed his badges.

Niko: All eight. I'm glad. I was worried you weren't gonna make it.

Trace: As if! Pros like me just like showing up fashionably late.

Misty: A little modesty wouldn't hurt. 💧

Trace: Well, see you two later. Hope you at least make it past the first round. He laughed walking away.

That night, our heroes are sleeping in cabin 12, save for Ash, who was busy thinking about the competition and about the past hours.

Brock (flashback): The excitement's really getting to them.

Gary: (flashback): If I stay here much longer, I might catch loser-itis or and miss the competition. See ya!
Flashback ends

Ash: They're both wrong. Either of us are gonna win that competition! Ash gets out of bed and walk out the door, semi-waking Misty.

Misty: I think he's scared.

Ash makes it all the way to the stadium, where President Goodshow is standing and looking down on and around the battlefield. Soon, he spots Niko arriving too.

Ash: 'What if I'm not ready? What if Niko isn't ready? What if we're not good.'

Niko: Ash. Niko says to his friend. Guess you couldn't sleep too.

Ash: Yeah.

Niko: Me too. To be honest, I'm too nervous to sleep.

President Goodshow: They've got spirit.

Ash: One of us is gonna win, Niko.

Niko: Right. Plus, don't forget our promise. Niko held out his pinky.

Ash: Hm. Ash raises his pinky and the two wrap them together.

Ash & Niko: To be a Pokémon Master!

The next day, the opening ceremony is underway.

Announcer: And now, the opening ceremonies of the Pokémon League competition are officially underway! This is where the top Pokémon trainers and their Pokémon come to prove their strength, their skill, and their spirit! These hopeful competitors will battle one another as they strive only for excellence and victory! The victory they will need to enter the ranks of the Pokémon master! And here they come!
Soon, all the trainers come out before the audience. The competitors are proudly entering the stadium, each having proven their worthiness by winning a minimum of eight gym badges!

Misty: Wow! This is exciting!

Brock: I can't wait to see Ash.

Misty: There! They just came in!

Brock: And there's Pikachu!

Misty: They look kinda nervous.

Duplica: No surprise. This is kinda nerve racking.

Brock: Gary doesn't seem so.

Niko: Ah! Ash, look! Niko pointed to Levi standing at the far end.

Ash: What's he doing here!? Soon, all the trainers are standing before the torch where the Moltres flame will burn.

Announcer: And now, the trainer bearing the flame of Moltres has entered for the official lighting of the central torch which will burn throughout the Pokémon League competition.

Misty: The central torch? Where is that?

President Goodshow: At the top of those steps. They look and see the central torch. Then, as the trainer with the torch reaches the top, two characters wearing Greek costumes appear.

Announcer: This is a surprise, it looks like two robed figures representing the League are about to accept the flame. However, it's revealed that the figures are Team Rocket.

Jessie: I'll take that torch, little girl. Ash, and Niko race to the top of the stairs to stop the plot.

Ash: Wait!

Niko: Don't let them get that flame! While the trainer is distracted, Jessie snatches the torch.

Jessie: Too late, boys! Team Rocket reveal themselves.

Misty: It's Team Rocket!

Ash: Do you three have to ruin everything?!

Niko: This is seriously getting old!

Meowth: Maybe not everything, but we try to do what we can.

Jessie: Cool it, kids. There's no reason to get fired up over an old flame!

Ash: We'll see about that!

Niko: Get em! Ash and Niko rush for them)

James: Weezing, Smog attack! Weezing materializes and blinds the group as Team Rocket goes up to the central torch.

Jessie: If you thought stealing the flame was hot, wait till you see what else we've got. Jessie lights the torch, but as the smog clears, the three spot Team Rocket's newest robot.

James: Why settle for a flimsy little flame? Right, Jessie?

Jessie: Right! Let's live large!

Meowth: Yeah, an' let's put da heat on dose two.

James: They'll feel the heat, alright, when we pour on, the firepower. The robot then takes the central torch and puts it on its back.

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, the central torch has just been stolen by a giant, mechanical monster!

President Goodshow: Without the flame of Moltres, we can't start the competition! This is awful!

Meowth: I say we get dis bucket of bolts moving an' start scoopin' up as many Pokémon as we can!

James: There's no backseat driving allowed in here, Meowth! Hold on! Here we, go! The robot leaps down to the battlefield below, causing the participants in the league to panic and run.

Levi: Those idiots!

James: Let the games begin!

Niko: Eevee, Shadow Ball!

Ash: Pikachu, Thunderbolt attack, now!The attacks lands, but had no effect. It's not use! It's not working! The group evades the robot while Team Rocket laughs at Pikachu's failed attempt.

James: Our shock-proofing gave that rancid, little rat a power failure!

Ash: Bulbasaur, I choose you!

Niko: Ivysaur, you help too! The two materialize.

Ash: Bulbasaur, Razor Leaf attack!

Niko: You too, Ivysaur! They launch their attack, but Team Rocket's robot burns the leaves with the central torch.

Ash: Oh no!

Jessie: Those leaves made our bonfire bigger! The robot backs everyone into a corner.

Misty: The boys are trapped!

Brock: Hurry, run for it!

Ash: We're not running away! Not from here!

Niko: We're competing in the Pokémon League, and nothings gonna stop us.

Ash & Liam: Take your best shot, Team Rocket!!! Team Rocket fires.

Misty: Guys, look out!

Duplica: Niko, no! However, inside the flames, Ash and Niko aren't turning to cinders.

Niko: What the...?

Ash: We're okay! Even Team Rocket is shocked.

Meowth: What happened?

Jessie: Those two should be crisp. The flames soon form a Pokémon, the legendary Moltres, and no one could believe their eyes.

Ash: Moltres!

Niko: Amazing!

President Goodshow: Moltres is back! In a beautiful blaze of glory! Moltres divebombs toward Team Rocket.

Jessie: I, think our plan...

James: Backfired! Team Rocket panics as Moltres races toward the robot and destroys it, sending Team Rocket blasting off.

Team Rocket: Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again! The central torch, upon the destruction of the robot, returns to its position and Moltres lands in it, lighting it.

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, the opening ceremonies will now continue. Here is President Goodshow to greet our competitors.

President Goodshow: Welcome, one and all. This stadium is a very special place, a place where those who truly love Pokémon come to compete. Here, the glow from the flame of Moltres burns bright to light up their hearts and their spirits. Battle valiantly, and keep that fire alive, in your hearts and in your spirits! Everyone starts cheering.

Ash: 'Thank you, Moltres. Me and Niko will keep the fire alive.' We finally made it to the Pokémon League, guys.

Narrator: Yes, but will Ash and Niko discover they're out of their league? Who knows? But they've got to be in it, to win it.

As the journey continues

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 4K 80
A 10-year-old boy, with a goal to become a Pokemon Champion, sets out on a journey across the Kanto Region. A journey charged with friendships, fun...
41 1 5
More adventurous Pokemon story with a deep interesting plot with original OCs and fan favourite characters. This is an original plot and a bunch of...
123K 2.1K 46
Let's just get to the point. You go on a Pokemon journey through Kanto region. (Ps. This is a rewrite of my old Pokemon story. I wasn't really happy...
1K 33 8
Follow Alexia's journey to enter the Sinnoh League, as her childhood friend Dawn joins her to become Top Coordinator! They are soon joined by Ash and...