๐›๐š๐ฆ๐›๐ข // ๐‰๐‰ ๐Œ๐š๐ฒ๐›๐š...

By starrrel

'๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ' ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜‘๐˜ฐ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฏ ๐˜‰ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ... More

๐๐€๐Œ๐๐ˆ ๐‘๐Ž๐”๐“๐‹๐„๐ƒ๐†๐„
๐‚๐€๐’๐“ & ๐€๐„๐’๐“๐‡๐„๐“๐ˆ๐‚๐’
๐ƒ๐ˆ๐’๐‚๐‹๐€๐ˆ๐Œ๐„๐‘๐’ & ๐Œ๐Ž๐‘๐„
๐„๐๐ˆ๐†๐‘๐€๐๐‡
PROLOGUE
i.
ii.
iii.
iiii.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii
xix.
xx.
๐‚๐€๐’๐“ & ๐€๐„๐’๐“๐‡๐„๐“๐ˆ๐‚๐’ ๐’๐Ÿ
xxii
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii

xxi.

826 14 7
By starrrel

  CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

do not lose hope, please believe that there are thousands of beautiful things waiting for you.
sunshine comes to all who feel the rain.

THE BED THAT WAS MADE IN THE WRECK for Bambi to try and at least be comfortable on, was impossible. she tossed and turned the whole night until she decided it wasn't going to help so instead she moved onto the floor.

it wasn't the comfiest, but it was more comfy than the cold, rock-solid benches she had in the first place. she still tossed and turned, only for a couple of minutes until she fell into her sleep.

it was going to be the most sleep she had had in the past couple of days because the car wasn't as comfy or as spacious as you would imagine so she had to make it count.

JJ was the first person to wake up. he moved over to the open window that stayed open, just to keep them cool enough through the night.

he looked at Bambi, she looked peaceful when she slept, her eyebrows were relaxed and she took small breaths instead of deep ones.

the police sirens could still be heard outside, making him lose a little bit of hope. every single cop was out, how was John B meant to avoid every single one of them?

he knew he had to try and keep his hopes high for Bambi, he knew how much it all meant to her and he knew that if something bad happened, she would crash.

Pope was the next one to wake up, throwing a small glare at the sleeping Kiara not far from him. he was still mad after he was rejected the night before and the awkward journey to the wreck didn't help the situation any more.

JJ looked at Bambi to make sure she was still asleep as Pope walked over to him. he didn't want her to know that he thought John B couldn't get away from this.

"he's pinched for sure, man." JJ thought aloud, flicking the lighter in his hand.

Pope walked over and looked out of the window, shaking his head, "no. they wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him."

"let's hope." JJ looked at him.

Kiara woke up to their voices and sat up, joining in on the conversation, "you know, we were in that car, they're probably looking for us, too."

Bambi rolled over, the sound of multiple voices waking her up and making her stretch. she hadn't had as much sleep as she wanted but she had got enough to get her through the day.

"well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B." Pope decided, walking over to their bag and grabbing the keys to the motorcycle.

Bambi sat up and rubbed her eyes, the sun blinding her slightly as she watched Pope near the door, "where are you going?"

"so, find him before they do?" JJ asked Pope, wondering what he meant.

Bambi wondered if Kiara had something to do with the way Pope was acting. the boy was never this spontaneous or brave. especially when i came to the police.

she noticed how the pair didn't speak the whole car ride back to the wreck and how he would throw glares at Kiara every time she opened her mouth.

she knew he had something for her, she could tell from the look on his face when he watched her dancing with John B.

"we're gonna need gas for the boat." he planned ahead, swinging the keys on his finger.

"hey, you be careful, okay?" Kiara smiled at him, but the boy only stared at her with nothing to say.

he then turned to Bambi and JJ, not taking one glance at Kiara, "meet me at the dock at three. don't be late."

JJ through a glance at Bambi and she threw one back, showing that she also saw how Pope was only directly talking to them.

once he left with a slam of the door, Kiara scoffed to herself before getting out of her seat and following after him.

JJ looked at Bambi and placed his hand out, the girl placing hers in his immediately as he pulled her in and kissed her on the lips, "how did you sleep? i seen you moved to the floor."

"i couldn't get comfy." she shrugged, rubbing her finger against her hand, "you?"

"it was okay, i kinda miss your bed though, it's so comfy compared to that." he smiled, trying to lighten the girl up.

"i surprisingly agree with you." Bambi grinned before hearing the revving over the motorcycle, "we should probably go and make sure they haven't killed each other."

the couple made their way out of the wreck hand in hand and was met with Pope reviving the engine every time Kiara tried to talk to him until eventually, he rode off completely.

Kiara turned around, defeat on her face. if he didn't want to talk to her, fine. that was his fault. she was the one trying to work things out with her and he was ignoring it.

the three pogues looked up at the sky when they heard a helicopter flying over them. it was usual to have a helicopter fly over since the island wasn't very big, it was mainly just cops.

Bambi knew that this wasn't just an island thing anymore. what they think John B did was serious. this was the Sheriff of the whole island.

"who the hell is that?" JJ asked nobody in particular, the girl beside him taking a deep breath in.

"it's getting serious now."

THE POGUES STOOD IN THR WRECK AS they began packing things for John B to live off when he left with the boat. Bambi had a frown when she packed, she didn't want him to leave but she knew this was the only way to keep him safe.

she looked at Kiara who also had a frown on her face and decided to let her curiosity get the best of her, "did you reject him?"

both hers and JJ's heads shot up, both of their eyebrows furrowing. JJ wondered who she was talking about and Kiara wondered how she knew.

with a sigh, Kiara nodded her head, making JJ turn to Bambi, "wait, your both confusing me, who did she reject?"

Bambi looked at her boyfriend, "Pope. you didn't realise he had a thing for her?"

JJ shook his head, Bambi thought it would help but it just confused the boy even more, "Pope has a thing for you?"

Kiara ignored the question and looked at Bambi, "how did you know? did he tell you?"

"i didn't know." Bambi tried to put it simply, "well i did know but i didn't know, you know?"

"are you sure he wasn't just being weird Pope?" JJ asked, stuffing food in the box.

"it wasn't the kind of thing that needed interpretation." Kiara replied, grabbing bread and passing it to Bambi and JJ, "is that gonna be enough food for them?"

Bambi didn't realise that there was going to be a them, "them? whose them?"

Kiara furrowed her eyebrows and then sighed, realising she hadn't told the girl, "i was supposed to tell you, John B and Sarah."

Bambi let out a scoff, "Sarah? she's going with him? since when?"

"since i spoke to her through her window," Kiara told her, making the girl run a hand through her hair and begin closing the box of food.

"this should be enough." she nodded, going back to the original question, "it's not like they're going to be there for more than a couple weeks."

just before she grabbed the box so she could take it outside and into the car, Kiara stopped both her and JJ, "i think i actually hurt his feelings."

"look don't beat yourself up completely." JJ started, taking the box of Bambi so he could carry it instead as they walked outside, "he's completely changed in his feels, the past twenty-four hours have been like Jekyll and Hyde."

"i hate to admit it but i miss the old Pope." Kiara sighed, hating how the boy had acted recently "at least i knew what to expect from him."

they were stopped by Kiara's mom in front of them and Bambi furrowed her eyes, wondering how she didn't see her in the first place.

"where have you been?" she asked her daughter, throwing her arms out.

Bambi nudged JJ and nodded her head at the boot of the car, silently telling him to put the box in before Kiara's mom realised that it was her food.

"uh—i'm fine, i slept here," Kiara told her, pointing at the building behind her.

"well, we were out half the night, scared to death, lookin' for you." her mom complained, "were you even gonna tell us."

Bambi and JJ stood there awkwardly, they didn't know what to say or do in the situation they were in at the moment.

Kiara rolled her eyes, "i'm telling you right now."

"all right, what the hell are you three up to?" she asked nobody in particular.

"i'm sorry, miss Anna, we gotta go," JJ told the older woman, Bambi nodding beside him.

whilst Kiara and her mom were arguing, JJ motioned Bambi to walk around the other side of the car so they could both get in the back seat.

she did as she was told, jumping in and moving to the middle seat so she could lean on him beside her.

"this is not safe for you to do," her mom tried to stop her as she began getting in the car, "these cops are armed Kiara, your gonna get shot."

"Mom, John B needs me!" Kiara retaliated, closing the door on her mom.

Bambi placed her hand in JJs as he started bouncing his leg up and down. she knew that the shouting made him nervous.

despite her mom protesting and telling the girl to open the car door, Kiara ignored her and told her she was sorry before starting the engine so she could drive away.

THE NEXT STOP THEY ARRIVED TOO WAS the Maybank house. the house JJ tried to hardest to stay away from because what happened in that house, never left his mind.

Kiara turned the engine of the car off once they arrived and JJ looked out the window in his seat for a second, "home sweet home."

seeing how nervous he was, Bambi pressed a light kiss on his shoulder, "you want me to come with you? cause i'll come."

JJ shook his head, taking his hat off and fixing his hair, "no, that's okay. this will only take a second. straight in straight out."

Bambi nodded and gave him a small squeeze on his hand before he got out of the car. she let out a sigh as she watched him walking inside, praying that he wouldn't come back black and blue.

deciding to distract herself, she turned and looked at Kiara, "so, what did Pope say to you?"

Kiara sighed, running a hand over her face, "he said he loves me and wants to be with me."

"and you said?" Bambi tilted her head slightly, pushing the girl more.

"i just told him it wouldn't work because we want something different in life and then he was going on about how he would love my plans with me." Kiara ranted to the girl in front of her.

Bambi realised that although they had the same friends and would do anything for each other, they hadn't really had time with just each other.

she was always with JJ and most of the time they would be in their little conversation and John B would sometimes join in.

she hadn't really had a catch-up with her since Pope got jumped and that was quite early into 'hunting the magical treasure that sunk'.

she liked Kiara, she was a good person. even though she had a foot in both worlds, she was still the only girl that Bambi had really had a close relationship with in her life.

"Popes sensitive." Bambi shrugged, trying to find the best way to describe him, "he's sensitive but he's smart so soon he will realise that it's just life to be rejected and will get over it."

"i hope so, i can't deal with him ignoring me." Kiara sighed, the car going into a comfortable silence, "so, you and JJ? how did you guys even happen so secretly?!"

a wide smile took over Bambi's face at the mention of JJ, she tucked a hair behind her ears before nodding, "he told me he likes me in Mrs Crain's garden and it just went from there but i'm really glad it happened."

Kiara smiled back at the girl, she looked so in love, "you guys suit each other. your like the only people i know that are one person in two bodies."

Bambi felt butterflies in her stomach, it felt nice to have someone agree that they were meant to be together, it felt like they actually were.

Bambi nodded and looked out the window, she had a sudden wave of sadness take over her when she looked at it and realised that that was the place that wasn't a good one for JJ.

she sighed, leaning onto the headrest of Kie's seat, "you think something has happened?"

Kiara followed where she was looking and realised she was talking about JJ, "i'm sure he's okay. he can protect himself if he needs to."

just as Bambi was about to reply to the girl, a slam of the door made her shoot up and look out of the back window so she could see if her boyfriend was okay and not hurt.

he didn't raise his head as he walked into the car, Bambi slid over so he could slide in beside her and she knew that something happened when he got in silently.

"are you okay?" Bambi asked, "how did it go?"

JJ held up his hand and on his finger were the keys to the boat. he gave a simple smile and Kiara started the engine of the car.

JJ looked out the window and at his house as they drove past it and Bambi frowned before moving closer to him so she could cuddle into him, "you want to talk about it?"

JJ looked at her and shook his head, "no, i'm okay."

Bambi nodded, pressing a small kiss on his arm, "okay, i'm here if you ever want to though."

JJ nodded and pressed a kiss onto her head before leaning his head on hers, "thanks bambs."

JJ HAD A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MOOD change when he laid his eyes on the Phantom.
Bambi remembered seeing it when she was younger but she didn't remember it looking old.

"there she be." JJ walked over to it and placed his hand on it, "hey girl."

"you gave it a gender?" Bambi furrowed her eyebrows, placing her hands on her hips.

JJ began taking the cover on this front off it, "A 1983 Formula, 402 SR1." he stood back so he could look at it completely, "The Phantom."

he clicked his tongue and looked at Kiara and Bambi who nodded along acting like they knew what he was on about, "The first boat to make the run to Bermuda in under sixteen hours."

Bambi and Kiara stood there awkwardly as JJ spoke about the boat like it was his baby, it was clear that he thought very highly of it.

"forty years old! forty!" he repeated, not believing himself for a second, "and still the fastest thing that Kildare's ever seen."

"it's kind of a junker." Kiara shrugged, Bambi, nodding beside her.

"yeah, i don't remember it looking this old."

JJ stared at them and blinked, "really? she's right there you two, she can hear you. let's just put it this way, you would not be smoking weed right now if she never existed, okay?"

Bambi raised her eyebrow and walked forward, looking at the boat closely, "well then this boat is the reason i'm living my best life."

"i just hope it runs." Kiara shrugged as JJ began to screw it away.

"oh, it will run, all right." JJ gleamed, "she's faster than any cutters the boys in blue got."

a motorbike was heard outside and Kiara jumped up, glad that Pope had arrived, "Pope. finally."

Bambi turned to JJ, glancing in between him and the boat, "so, how come it's a girl, not a boy?"

JJ chuckled at the girl's random question but before he could give her a cheeky reply back, he was interrupted by an unwanted guest.

"hey, there, what's going on?" Rafe's voice called out, making the pair turn around to look at him, "JJ. Bambi. how's your brother by the way?"

a whilst was heard behind them and when they turned to look who Rafe brought along with him, Bambi had a sour taste in her mouth.

"well, well." he smiled, walking towards them, "Bambi, always good to see you." he nodded at her before pulling out a gun and pointing it at JJ's head, the safety off.

"see don't think i forgot about me and you on the side of the road." he looked at JJ who rose his arms in the air, "now i'm here because i want my mother fucking money!"

he slammed JJ to the floor and Bambi was quick to move to try and get Barry away from the boy, "Barry, get off him, you asshole!"

she was stopped by Rafe putting his arm under her armpits so he could lift her away, "it's not you we want, Bambi, we just want your brother."

Bambi kicked in his arms and glared at him when he placed her down, "you're not gonna find him."

Kiara was still trying to get Barry to stop hurting JJ but Barry stopped her by pointing the gun at her as well, forcing her to get on the ground.

"this could all go away and your little boyfriend won't be hurt anymore." Rafe tried to convince her, grabbing her arms, "where is John B?"

"i don't know!" she shouted at him, bringing her hand up to give him a hard slap across his face.

he grabbed her wrists, his grip on them hard, "you know, Bambi, i was starting to like you as well. you was fun, kept me on my feet but now.."

Bambi struggled in his grip, "you're forgetting i was there, Rafe. i know what you did!"

Rafe leaned forward and lowered his voice, almost daring her to tell him, "what did i do?"

"you shot Sheriff Peterkin!" her voice was shakey but she didn't care, "and left her to die and now you're blaming my brother!"

Rafe stared at her for a second before letting go of her wrists so he could bring his hands to her throat, "you better watch your words!"

"Rafe, get off me!" Bambi struggled, trying to rip his hands from her throat.

JJ was still getting punched by Barry and Kiara was told that even if she even flinched, her brain would be blown up everywhere.

"where's John B?!" Rafe asked, his voice practically screaming at her.

"i'm not telling you!" she replied, not giving in no matter how hard he squeezed.

"where is John—" he was met with a metal pole slamming across his back, causing him to let go of the girl so he could turn around.

he was met with Pope swinging it around and just before he could hit him again, Rafe ducked and knocked it out of his hand.

"don't touch her!" Pope told him, throwing a hard punch to his face.

Barry stopped focusing on JJ and Kie and just as he ran over to try and help Rafe, he was met with JJ grabbing his leg and tripping him over, making him drop the gun.

"Bambs—kick it!" he told the brunette who acted fast and kicked it as hard as she could so it would go under the boat and out of reach.

JJ got up and pushed Barry against the boat, creating enough pain to leave him rolling on the floor with his hands wrapped around his body.

Bambi turned to Pope who was still punching Rafe. it was clear that he had done something already, Rafe had blood on his face, giving Pope easy shots to land hard punches.

"Pope, i think that's good." Bambi told him, walking towards them, "he's had enough."

Pope didn't listen, instead, he grabbed a tube from the floor and wrapped it around his neck, attempting to choke him.

JJ was quick to run over and grab Pope so he could pull him off but it was like he was in his own cloud and this was him realising his anger.

"Look at me, Pope!" Kiara shouted, the boy doing what he said and letting go of a particularly unconscious Rafe.

everyone stood there in shock for a second, staring at Pope because, at the start of the summer, Pope would be caught dead before he acted out of control, guaranteed.

Bambi looked at Rafe on the floor who was lying there, his eyes half open as he coughed, trying to let enough air into his body.

"we gotta go." Kiara decided, beginning to run back to the car.

just before Bambi left, she walked up to Barry who was still holding his body on the floor, "hurt my boyfriend again and you won't have a face next time because i'll be the one with the gun."

IT WAS NOW THREE MINUTES PAST THREE and the pogues had already set the boat up and got everything on it so John B could leave as soon as possible.

he hadn't turned up yet and it was starting to get worrying, "you think they've caught him?"

Pope looked at the Routledge twin, "give him a second, he'll be here."

their heads turned when a police siren was heard in the distance and soon enough, a police car pulled up, "shit."

a figure got out of the car and the pogues squinted their eyes so they could see who it was and their eyes widened when they realised it was John B.

"no effing way." Kiara gasped, shocked at how he got here in a police car.

"i feel like i'm in GTA." Bambi smiled, looking at her twin brother standing right in front of her, safe and sound.

"shoupe let me take it for a spin." John B shrugged, putting his backpack on.

Bambi walked forward and opened his arms, the boy stepping right into them and ruffling his hair, "maybe you're the smart one."

she wrapped him in a big hug, so happy to see him after every single second of worrying if he was okay and not caught.

"it wasn't easy, bro. but i got the Phantom for you." JJ told the boy, throwing the keys to the boy, "runs like she was made yesterday. you ready to go?"

John B looked around, but the person who said she would be there wasn't, "where's Sarah?"

"she's not with you?" Kiara asked.

"no, no—we got separated in the swamp, she said she was gonna meet me here." John B tried to explain, "i'm not leaving without her."

JJ stepped forward, placing his hands on his shoulders, "John B, look at me. i know you feel bad for leaving but there is no time, man. you've got plenty of gas, you've got plenty of food, once you get around that point, it's a straight shot across the sound to Dismal Swamp, okay?"

"once you get there, lay low, all right?" he carried on, "hang out for a couple of weeks and then go over land, cross the border at Brownsville, you got that? Brownsville. hey—you got that?"

John B nodded his head, "yeah, yeah, Brownsville."

JJ walked to the side of the boat, helping the boy move it out, "All right. saddle her up, saltwater cowboy. Let's do this, yeah."

John B stood on top of it, looking down at his four best friends, "hey, hey. i'm sorry for basically throwing us off a cliff with this whole treasure hunt thing."

Bambi felt the tears well up in her eyes. everything was getting real now. in a couple of minutes, John B will be away and she didn't know how long it would be until she saw him.

"hey, John B, yo..we were bound to run off a cliff at some point, right?" JJ smiled, "at least we did it together though."

JJ brought his arms to wrap around Bambi's shoulders and Popes, to connect everyone, Bambi wrapped hers around Kiara.
"Pogue style."

"Pogue style." John B repeated, his voice shaking from his tears. he then turned to Bambi, "i'm sorry i wasn't a very good brother."

Bambi scoffed and stood back up on the boat, running over to him so she could wrap her arms around him one last time, "don't apologise, okay? we had the best summer ever."

John B nodded, taking in her words, "i'll be back soon, you won't be alone, i promise."

Bambi wiped the tears from her cheeks, "i love you but you need to go before the police come."

John B laughed and nodded as she stood off the boat, "you look after her, okay, JJ."

JJ sent him a nod, wrapping his arm around Bambi's waist and pulling her into him, "i can promise you that i will."

"tell Sarah i said goodbye for me?" he asked quietly, the pogues nodding.

"get out of here, please!" Kiara shooed him away.

"we'll see you in two months, down in Mexico." Pope reminded him.

"don't forget, cross the border at Brownsville, okay?" JJ repeated, John B nodded.

John B started the boat and the pogues helped push it out into the water so he could turn it around and start the going.

Bambi bit her lip to hold in her cries as she watched him leave, he was the only family she had left, and now he was gone too.

as soon as the boat was out of sight, JJ brought Bambi into a hug because he knew she would probably be the most upset over this.

she hugged him tightly, "you better stay, you're the only one i have got."

JJ pulled away from the hug and leaned in so he could give her a long passionate kiss, "trust me, i'm not leaving anytime soon."

Bambi wiped her tears, letting out a chuckle at something she remembered, "now i can turn the chateau into a weed den."

JJ laughed with her, pulling her in by her waist and kissing her head, "i don't think John B will be happy when he gets back."

the two were stopped when they laid eyes on Pope and Kiara hugged, Bambi leaned back into JJ and smirked, "you think they will end up together?"

her question was answered when Kiara leaned in and kissed the boy, and both Bambi's and JJ's mouths dropped to the floor.

"John B leaving must be a moment to kiss the person you love the most then." Bambi teased, looking up at JJ.

"you love me the most?" JJ smirked, "that's sweet of you to say."

Bambi moved to face him and brought him in for another kiss, "well how can i not love you?"

JJ smiled at the girl, tucking a piece of her behind her ear and looking into her eyes as the sun shone into them, making them sparkle.

their cute moment was stopped by police sirens approaching them, "hey guys, sorry to ruin your cute moment but we gotta go."

they didn't walk far and were stopped by multiple police cars pulling up, everyone getting out immediately and raising their guns.

Kiara stayed where she was, putting her hands up to show she didn't have anywhere on her as Shoupe and another man approached them.

"we're too late, he's gone. goddammit!" Shoupe let out his frustration, realising that they didn't make it on time, "Bratcher have your guys stand down. let me talk to these kids, all right, where the hell is he?"

the pogues stood there with their mouth closed, not saying a word to the cops. shoupe looked at JJ and scoffed, "JJ? i see you're living up to your name."

Bambi usually liked Shoupe on a good day, but he was making it really easy for her to glare at him every time she saw him.

he then looked at Pope, "Pope, how bout you? this isn't a fucking game."

next, he looked at Bambi, he wasn't getting anything out of JJ or Pope and he knew that Bambi would be the one to talk, "Bambi, make it easier on yourself. tell me where your brother is."

Bambi put her hands down, licking her lips, "he didn't do it, Shoupe. i was there."

"that's not what i'm asking, where did he go?" the older man shouted and Bambi kept her mouth closed, if he was going to shout at her, she wasn't going to speak to him.

she definitely wasn't going to say where John B was though, no matter what they tried to do.

SHOUPE DECIDED TO KEEP AN EYE ON them and he had a brilliant idea to bring them to the dock and make them wait in a small area so he could monitor what they were doing.

Bambi bounced her leg as she looked around. there were a lot of cops, it must have been the whole police department there.

it was boring waiting, the pair had no information on what was going on and still had no idea if he was caught or not.

the storm was heavy, it could be heard from outside and the shower-like rain that went along with it made it so much worse.

the pogues stood up when Shoupe and the other cops came in with their raincoats on and Bambi grabbed onto JJ's hand, praying for the best possible outcome that there was.

"did you find him?" Bambi asked, needing to know if he got away or not. Shoupe shook his head no, making the girl a little more hopeful, "so he got away?"

Shoupe looked down at the floor for a couple of seconds, trying to figure out how to break the news to them, "we—uh—we lost them."

Bambi furrowed her eyebrows, wondering what he meant and when he told them he was sorry, she immediately thought the worst.

"what do you mean by you lost them?" Pope asked him to reword it.

"they took an open boat into a tropical depression, Pope." Shoupe reworded, and Bambi scoffed to herself.

"so he's dead?" she raised her eyebrow. she would much rather him get to the point than have him beat around the bush.

Shoupe stared at the floor again, giving them a clear answer, "we don't know."

Bambi's eyes began flooding with tears as she stared at the older man in front of her. he had known the twins since they were early teenagers so why wasn't he believing them?

"you drove him right into the storm!" JJ flipped, jumping forward at the man.

more police officers were quick to stop JJ and pull him away from Shoupe so he could calm down. Bambi looked at the man who turned to her, "you know it wasn't him, Shoupe."

Bambi gripped the top of her hair as she cried, that was her twin brother. he was meant to be the same person as her, he was the only family she had left in her life.

she loved the boy as much as she loved anyone else, he might have not been there much when his dad was around but he was still there, anytime she needed her.

she ran over to JJ who stood there and wrapped her arms around him, placing her forehead on his chest as she let her sobs out.

JJ wrapped his arms around her, his own tears running out of his eyes. he had to be there for the girl, he was the only one she truly had and she knew without him, she would fall apart.

he promised John B that he would look after her, and he wasn't planning on breaking that promise anytime soon.

A COUPLE DAYS HAD PASSED SINCE JOHN B had gone missing and the girl was sitting in her room, staring up at the ceiling.

she didn't hear anyone get up in the middle of the night to go pee anymore and she didn't need to hide how much weed or beer she was smoking because no matter what, he wouldn't come in to tell her off.

her hand went under her mattress and grabbed the envelope that her dad had given to her. she had to open it, it would be pointless to save it so they could listen to it together.

she let out a shaky breath as she opened it and when she put her hand in, she pulled out a small picture that was put in.

it was her, her dad and John B. it was probably the only picture the three of them had together and Bambi smiled as she remembered that day.

they had both done well on a quiz in school and after promising the week before, he took them both out to go get loads of candy.

she sat on her bed with John B, candy scattered in front of them as they both shoved their mouth with it, wanting to feel the sugar rush.

big John had pulled out his camera to take a picture of the moment, creating a core memory for both of the kids.

Bambi held it close to her heart, feeling her eyes beginning to tear up again. next, she pulled out the tape recorder.

"deer." a deep voice spoke, making her gulp after not hearing his voice for so long, "that was always a weird nickname because it sounded so average but me and you both know what it means to us."

"i wasn't the best dad and ill admit that. i just always thought you looked a little too much like your mother."

"you and John B have to look after each other now, okay? even though you're the younger one you have to make sure that John B doesn't get in too much trouble grieving."

"i want you to know that i love you, okay? the same amount as i love John B. you always were and always will be my little girl."

Bambi listened carefully, it felt kind of weird to know that this message was directed to her only and everything that was said was everything he always wanted to say.

"stay safe, deer. don't get into too much trouble whilst i'm gone and make sure JJ doesn't influence you two either. i know how youse act around each other."

"i don't have much time so i'm gonna have to wrap this up but i promise you that if i had the chance to change and be there for you, i would in a heartbeat."

the tape ended and Bambi wiped tears from under her eyes, she always thought bad views of her dad but maybe he was trying his hardest.

she knew that the next couple of years were going to be hard but she was probably the only one holding the friend group together.

a couple of years ago John B made it and it slowly grew until they were the perfect five. John B liked it that way and then it slowly came into the perfect six when Sarah joined.

John B always made that group his priority and Bambi promised herself that no matter what, she wasn't going to let any friendships end.

for John B.

ELLIE SPEAKS¡

6014 words omg.

THIS IS THE END OF SEASON ONE!!
I'm so glad we finally made it!

i feel like I've been writing this book not that long but i started nine months ago.

i had my first mocks today and writing about school things made me realise how much i missed writing the book.

i hope you enjoyed season one and i'll see you all in season two <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 1 72
JJ, Pope and Kiara have been in mourning of their friends for the last couple months but when they get a mysterious message will it start the treasu...
350K 4.2K 38
ยซ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐ข๐๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐’๐š๐ฆ?ยป ยซ ๐…๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ? ๐š ๐ฅ๐จ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ยป She had never told her secret to anyone, but maybe...
1M 13.1K 80
๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ, ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ...
45.9K 717 31
๐‘ด๐’‚๐’…๐’†๐’๐’š๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐‘ฑ๐‘ฑ ๐’‡๐’‚๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’… ๐’‰๐’Š๐’…๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’Š๐’“ ๐’“๐’†๐’๐’‚๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’๐’”๐’‰๐’Š๐’‘ ๐’‡๐’“๐’๐’Ž ๐’‰๐’†๐’“ ๐’ƒ๐’“๐’๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’“.