By my Side ~ Tom Felton fanfic

By slitherin2209

During all her hardship, there was one person who was always by her side. His name was Tom Felton. Cover cred... More

Chapter 1: When it Begun
Chapter 2: The Audition
Chapter 3: Result
Chapter 4: Morning Email
Chapter 5: Privet Drive
Chapter 6: Photoshoot
Chapter 7: Picnic
Chapter 8: Hogwarts
Chapter 9: Muggle School
URGENT QUESTION!!
Chapter 10: Premiere
Chapter 11: First Kiss
Chapter 12: Loss
Chapter 13: Edward Fullen
Chapter 14: Change
Chapter 15: Abuse
Chapter 16: Just Bestfriends
Chapter 17: Promises
Chapter 18: Stars can't Shine without any Darkness
Chapter 20: Relief
Chapter 21: Kissing for a Scene
Chapter 22: For the Future
Chaper 23: Decisions
Chapter 24: My Secret, Our Secret
Chapter 25: Arashi
Chapter 26: Movie, Foods and Quoting
Chapter 27: Gym
Chapter 28: Music and Preparation
Chapter 29: Photos
Chapter 30: Interviews
Chapter 31: After Party
Chapter 32: Los Angeles
RIP Alan Rickman
Chapter 33: Thanking
Chapter 34: New Flat
Chapter 35: His Birthday
Chapter 36: Slytherin? Gryffindor.
Chapter 37: Running
Chapter 38: Malfoy Manor
Chapter 39: Confession
Chapter 40: Hogwarts in Ruins
Chpater 41: Twentieth, not even my Twenty-first
Chapter 42: Leavesden
Chapter 43: Moving
Chapter 44: Early Morning
Chapter 45: Ballet
Chapter 46: Injury
Chapter 47: Psychologist
Chapter 48: the Assistant
Chapter 49: Hate and Forgiveness
Chapter 50: Reunion
Chapter 51: The Unknown
Chapter 52: Final Premiere
Chapter 53: Surprises
Chapter 54: Chase
Chapter 55: Shocking Truth
Chapter 56: Fight
Chapter 57: Mistakes
Chapter 58: Bulletwound
Chapter 59: the Different Paths
Chapter 60: Apologies
Chapter 61: By My Side
Epilogue
Thank You!
Announcement

Chapter 19: First Date with Him

3.1K 78 23
By slitherin2209

It was a cold but sunny Saturday morning on the 13th, the day before Valentine's. Em and I decided to go out to a nearby mall and buy ingredients for the chocolates (yes we're making our own) and collect our gifts from the stores. We had lunch at a cafe and shopped at all of these different stores that had nothing to do with what we actually came for (we still had what we needed, of course) and by the time we realised, it was three o'clock and we rushed back home to make their chocolates.

Both of us nearly skipped dinner if Jackie didn't force us to as we made the chocolates. Em made dozens of little heart shaped ones in white, milk and dark chocolate with decorations on top. I made round milk and dark chocolate truffles with cocoa powder around them. There were few incidents in the kitchen during that time. We had music on for the whole time and I would admit, we completely forgot about the chocolates when our favourite songs came on. Once we finished making them (finally), we put them in boxes that we bought during the day and stored them in the fridge for the night. But when I was putting mine in, my hands were trembling slightly. One was because I was afraid I was going to drop them and two, I was nervous about tomorrow not just because it was Valentine's Day: it was going to be our first proper date.

***

Even though he was picking me up at five, I started to get ready at half past two. I literally pulled out all the clothes I own onto the floor to figure out what to wear for our first date. It wasn't helping when Em had most of her clothes on the floor and the bed.

At quarter to five, the moment I got ready the doorbell rang and I stumbled/ran to the door, competing with Em who just came bursting out from the bathroom. When we yanked opened it at the same time I saw Tom grinning, looking slightly taken aback from the sudden opening of the door. He was wearing black jeans, brown shoes, grey knit jumper (or vest) and a black coat, looking classy. And hot.

'Oh.' Em said simply and turned around to go back inside.

As soon as Em disappeared upstairs, he brought his right hand out that he had behind him, holding out a bunch of red roses.

'Oh Tom,' I said, receiving the roses and hugging him tightly. 'Thank you so much. This is lovely.'

'For your happiness, anything.'

I giggled and pecked him on the cheek.

'What was that?' He frowned playfully.

Raising my eyebrows but smiling at the same time, I went to kiss his cheek, but he cupped my face with his left hand and made sure that our lips met.

He grinned cheekily when we parted.

'Are you ready?'

'Yeah.' I said, smiling. 'Hang on.'

As I sprinted upstairs to grab my bag and my scarf, I heard Jackie call from the kitchen, 'Tom, why don't you come inside my dear? It's cold out there isn't it?'

'Oh - yeah, thanks Jackie.' The door closed and I ran down the stairs with two bags, one with the gift for him in it. I headed straight to the fridge in the kitchen and took out his box of chocolate, carefully storing it in the bag with the gift.

As I put in water in a vase, Alex is was trying to persuade Tom to play PlayStation with him.

'Please Tom, one game -'

'Alex, Tom has to get going, you know that.'

'Yeah but -'

He instantly cut off when he saw his mother's glare.

'I'll verse you another time, I promise.' Tom said at the same time I placed the vase on the counter, deciding to put take it upstairs later.

'Fine.'

Tom smiled, which Alex returned. 'Right.' Tom said, straightening up and looking at me. 'Let's go.'

'Have fun, both of you.' Jackie beamed. 'And do you want me to take that up for you?'

'Thanks Jackie.' We smiled back.

'And yes please.'

'Gotcha.'

'I'll see you later.' I said and we walked out into the corridor. I took my coat that hung from the hooks near the door and as we were about to go out of the house, Em shouted, 'Have fun!'

'Thanks! You too!' I shouted back.

It was freezing outside, but I would much rather the cold than the heat.

'Where are we going tonight?' I asked from curiosity.

'Well, I was thinking of going back to my apartment first.' He said, driving away from the house. 'Then we can go out to the city.'

'Sounds good.'

As we headed to his apartment, I could see him glancing at the paper bag I had holding carefully on my lap. I laughed softly when I turned around to him and he quickly looked away. 'Curious?'

'Yeah...' He said, laughing weakly.

I kissed him on the cheek softly. 'Won't be too long, will it?'

'Nah.' His lips twitched. 'Should be there in five or ten minutes.'

'Cool.'

His flat stood right next to a lake thing. Like right next to it and his room was on the top floor.

'It's small but...' He said, unlocking the door and opening it. I stepped in after him and looked around. The room was warm and had two rooms. The kitchen and the living was in one and there was a door, which I assumed lead to the bedroom and bathroom somewhere. It looked so comfortable and it was quite big considering it's a 1LDK (well that's what I think any way).

'It's really nice.' I said, walking towards the balcony and looking around at the same time. 'I like it.' I could faintly see the London Eye and Big Ben in the distance. There were nice shops and cafes nearby too.

'That's good.' Tom chucked his keys in a small box that was placed at the edge of the kitchen counter, against the wall. Then, as though he couldn't wait for any longer, he simply said, 'Sooo....' Eyeing the gift and chocolates.

I laughed and sat down on the couch followed by him straight away, wrapping an arm around me.

'Well, happy Valentine's Day.' I said smiling and handing him the bag, kissing his cheek.

He kissed me back. 'Thank you.' Then, he looked down into the bag. 'Mmm...' His voice made my heart beat quicken slightly. 'That's the chocolate, right?'

I nodded as he opened the box and his face lit up instantly. 'You know me too well.'

'Of course I do.'

Then I saw him glance at me, to the chocolates and back at me. Slowly, I picked up one of the chocolates and took it to his mouth, plopping the whole thing at once. He was smirking slightly.

'Mmm! It's good!' He said in a half muffled voice. 'Wait... Did you make these?'

'Yep.'

'Jeez, I feel even more luckier. These are better than the ones I've had.'

'Oh stop it, Tom.' I felt myself blush.

'It true! Seriously.'

I bit my lip, smiling. 'Thanks.'

'And don't bite your lip.'

'Why?'

'Because.'

I looked at him weirdly.

Laughing, he kissed me and nuzzled his cheek against mine.

'What?' I giggled, my eyes closed.

'Sorry.' I could hear his smile. 'But it's... great, you know. After seven years of waiting.'

I laughed and finding his lips, kissed him. After a moment, I said, 'Do you want to open your other present?'

'Oh - yeah, 'course.'

He sat back up straight and took out the box. 'Why is it wrapped?'

'You'll see.' I grinned.

He ripped open the paper and as soon as he saw the box, he whispered, 'No... Way...'

I was trying to hide a smile as he slowly opened the box with slightly shaking hands. When he saw the Datejust II gleaming up to him, he just stared at it blankly. My heart was racing for some reason but when he closed the box, it shrank. But then, without warning he crushed his lips against mine, causing me to fall back on the couch. His hand caught my head before it smashed into the arm rest part of the couch as we continued to kiss passionately.

When we finally parted, he had the widest and sweetest smile I've ever seen on anyone. 'I said I feel luckier before...' He said, shaking his head slightly. 'But I swear, I'm the luckiest man on earth to have you as my girlfriend.'

I smiled too. 'I'm luckier to have you, Tom.'

He shook his head again. 'But why...? Why the Datejust II? It could've been the Explorer and I would been as happy.'

'Oh no wouldn't Tom, not as the same. You know that.' I poked him on the cheek.

'Fine, no.' He laughed slightly. 'But still. Why not just the I?'

'Because out of the three you said you wanted, the II was the closest one to show how much I appreciate what you have done or said for me.'

'Wait, how did you...' He trailed off. 'Did you hear me talking to Dan and Rupert?'

'Maybe.'

'I take that as a yes.' He sat up, bringing me with him. I grinned.

'Do you want me to put that on for you?'

'Yeah. That'll be great.'

I carefully took out the watch from the box and clicked it onto his wrist. 'How is it?'

'Perfect.' He beamed, kissing me again. 'Thank you.'

'You're welcome.'

'Well, I guess it's my turn to give you your present.'

I got really excited inside when he took out the blue Tiffany box. Not just one, but two. 'It's not much compared to your gift to me, but...'

'Tom, seriously, no girl will be disappointed with Tiffany.' I smiled. 'Certainly not when their guy has two.'

He smiled as well as he opened one of them. A beautiful necklace with five diamonds in a vertical line gleamed brightly.

'That's beautiful...' I whispered.

'Not as much as you.'

I couldn't help myself but to smile widely and my lips overlapped his lovingly.

'May I?' He said when we parted. Smiling, I turned around and brought my hair to the front as he put on the necklace for me.

'And here...' He lifted the lid for the other box as I turned around, revealing a pair of earrings.

I gasped. 'Tanzanite...?'

'It sure is.' He smiled. 'I knew you wear a lot of blue, so. And that tanzanite is your favourite stone.'

'Oh Tom...' I whispered as I received the box. I reached up to the earring I had in, took them out and replaced them with the Tiffany pair. 'Thank you so much.' I said, hugging him tightly.

'Same goes to you too.' He paused. 'My love.'

I giggled. 'That sounds weird. After all these years we've known each other for.'

'Oh you'll get used to it.' He wriggled his eyebrows.

We stayed at his flat for another hour until he said looking at the time, 'I think we should go. I booked a table for half past.'

'Okay, sure.'

We went back down to the car park and as we exited, I asked, 'Where are we going?'

'As in the restaurant or...?'

'Yeah, the restaurant.'

'Berners Tavern.' Glancing over and seeing my confused face, he chuckled. 'You'll see.'

After about twenty minutes of driving, we arrived at the restaurant. When I walked in, I wished I had dressed better. 'You could've at least told me it's a fancy place!'

'Then you'll freak out.' He said casually, pulling me into the restaurant. 'Besides, we're going to go somewhere else after this and you can't be too fancy at that place. And you look fine anyway.'

'Where are we going?'

'You'll see.'

But as I opened my mouth to speak, he was already checking in with the waiter.

'Ah, Mr Felton!' He bowed. 'And Miss Ninomiya! What a pleasure to have both of you.'

'Thank you.' We smiled.

'Please, follow me.'

He lead us to our table that was in a corner, which I did appreciate. I also liked the fact that not much people were following us with their eyes from their tables.

'Here is the menu.' He said, handing us each a menu neatly and politely. 'When you have decided, please feel free to call one of us by any time.'

'Thank you very much.'

The waiter bowed and walked away.

Tom's POV
'Wow...' She said quietly, looking through the dinner menu. 'I've got no clue what they are.'

I chuckled softly. She's so adorable.

'Roasted Goosnargh chicken, bacon, mushed potato, smoked garlic and parsley salsa verde, coq au vin sauce...' She muttered, mostly to herself. 'That sounds nice... Oh the macaroni cheese sounds good too...'

I placed my menu on the desk and rested my cheek on my hand, gazing at her looking slightly puzzled and fascinated at the same time. She never fails to entertain me, this girl.

Then she looked up, catching my eyes and smiled nervously. 'What?'

'Nothing.' I simply said.

She just blinked and laughed softly. 'Have you decided yet?'

'Yeah. Have you?'

She stared at the menu again for a second before she replied, 'Yep.'

'Do you want champaign?'

'Um...' Her expression made me immediately regret that I asked this question.

'It's - it's totally fine if you don't want to.' I said quickly. 'Sorry...'

'No... it's fine.' She said slowly. 'I'll try.'

'Are you sure...?'

She nodded.

She didn't notice me looking at her apologetically and with guilt as she called a waitress who seemed to have looked towards our direction.

When we had ordered our foods and drinks, Sakura stated casually, 'It just came to mind, how are we going to move to the next place if we're going to have champaign?'

'Uh...'

I didn't think about that.

'I don't think it'll go over the limit.' I said slowly. 'If we only have one. I mean, the waitress didn't ask anything so...'

She nodded. 'Fair enough.'

That was then followed by a short, awkward silence. Well, at least for me anyway. Then I realised that that she was staring at the wall, probably remembering lines for the movies: she is filming three at the moment. Two of them, one being the Potters of course, she had the main role so she has a lot of work to do.

Then aren't I disturbing her...? I thought suddenly. She's trying her hardest so that she could afford things without relying on her parents too much... What if she didn't want to come tonight...?

'Tom?' Her voice snapped me out of the thoughts. 'Are you thinking that you took my time away to practise lines?'

Bulls-eye.

Seeing my expression, she just smiled sadly. 'Sorry, I shouldn't have done that.'

'No, it's fine. I can't blame you. I'll help if you need, too.'

Her smile become slightly brighter. 'You know,' she said. 'I really can't thank you enough.'

'What - what have I done to be thanked?'

'So many things. Some that I can't even explain in words.'

I didn't exactly know what to say.

'I know we haven't even been together for two weeks... But you won't understand how... Light I feel compared to not even three weeks ago. You've made my life so much better than I could ever had imagined.'

'Sakura...'

'Your words, every single one of them means so much to me. You've made my day with the things you said so many times, and that's why I want to say, thank you.'

I was forcing myself not to crush my lips against hers, but I smiled and said, 'You mean the world to me, you know.'

She smiled the smile I loved and suited her the most. 'Same goes to you.'

I held her hand that was on the table and squeezed it gently.

'Sorry for keeping you waiting.' She said.

'It was worth it, really.'

We were just staring to each other's eyes, our hand held tightly together when our food arrived. That was quick.

Sakura stared at her dish in awe as the waiter left the table. She chose the roasted chicken in the end and she also ordered a salad. I had a dish of roasted Cornish cod, prawn, smoked mussel risotto, basil and coriander pesto in front of me.

'Cheers?' I said, lifting up my glass of champaign.

'Cheers.' Sakura smiled, and we clinked our glasses together. After having a sip, she said, 'This's actually really good.'

'That's good to hear.' I smiled.

We ate our own and each other's foods, drank and continued talking. To be honest, I don't understand why we can talk for this long. I love it though of course. Sakura stopped at her first glass of champagne, but I kept going till about my fourth glass. I think I went a tad over the limit.

'You're bright red.' Sakura said, finishing her meal.

'I know.' I could feel that my was burning. 'Do you want dessert?'

'I... Yeah... But what about you?'

'I... I think I'll pass.'

'Okay... I'll ask for water for you.'

'Thanks.'

She ordered what I assumed she would order: dark chocolate tart, mint ice cream and cookie crumble. And tap water for me and tea (English Breakfast) for herself (she couldn't stand a day without tea).

She gave me a bite of the tart and it tasted like heaven.

I leaned against the wall sideways, sipping the ice cold water and watching her with slightly heavy eyes. After about forty minutes later (twenty minutes after she finished), we decided to cash out. But when she took out her own purse, I quickly grabbed her wrist.

'Hey hey hey, what are you thinking?'

'What do you mean? Paying, of course.' She said both with a "duh" tone and confusion.

'It's all on me.' I said pushing myself in front of her.

'What - no, Tom -'

'What do you mean, no?' I said. Then I added to the cashier, 'Check out please.'

'Tom -' She was trying to pull me away and pay hers herself.

'Sakura,' I turned my head around. 'it's the logic.'

'What on earth are you on about with the logic?'

I ignored her and payed with my card. The cashier looked like he was trying to hide a smile/laugh. 'Thank you very much. I hope you have enjoyed your meals and we certainly look forward to see both of you again.'

'It was lovely.' Sakura smiled from behind me.

'Thank you sir.'

And we left the restaurant, to the car.

'What's the logic?'

'Geez, I though you were smart.'

'Well I'm so-rry!'

I turned around to face her. 'The man pays for the girl. That's the logic.' And I turned back around to continue walking.

I heard her sigh and I knew I had won.

'How are we going to the next place?'

'Well, you haven't got your license yet, have you?'

'Hey, you know I do!'

I snorted. 'I don't trust you with driving.'

'Stop being mean!' She slapped me in the arm playfully. 'I'm not that bad!'

'Say what?'

'Ugh!' She started to walk off, but I caught her by wrapped my arms around her waist.

'I love you.'

Her lips twitching she said quietly, 'Idiot.' Smirking, I kissed her cheek.

Climbing into the car, she asked again. 'Where are we going?'

'Eyeskate.'

'In front of London Eye?'

'Mmmhm.'

Without saying anything else and with an expression of excitement on her face, she started driving towards the Ferris wheel by River Thames.

It was the first time I rode on a car that she drove: she really wasn't that bad. The speed was somewhat slow though.

It was quarter past eight when we arrived but there weren't as much people than I thought skating on the ice in front of the illuminated London Eye. I'm not complaining though. It was a freezing night, so it's kind of understandable.

'This is just amazing.' She said, her eyes shining. She skipped to the stand at the entrance, pulling me along. But before she could say anything, I payed for two adults. 'Tom!'

'Shut up, you're gonna catch people's attention.' I said as we moved on to get the skating shoes.

'Your hair's already catching enough attention. And we don't have sunnies or whatever so surely they'll notice.'

I glanced around and sure enough, quite a few people were looking at our direction. 'Just shut it.' I mumbled.

She chuckled softly.

We got our shoes and we raced each other to see who could put on their shoes quicker (Hey, don't judge us), sitting on one of the provided benches. Hand in hand, we stepped onto the ice link and started doing laps. At first it was awkward skating for both of us since it was the first time in like a year or two, but we managed to get the hang of it quite quickly. Sakura brought back up her skills to an unbelievable level: she looked so graceful.

Sakura's POV
The feeling to be back on ice again felt amazing. The wind was slightly stinging my face but it was so much worth it. As people started to leave, there were more spaces left to skate so I started to skate backwards and tried some spins. The London Eye looked stunning close up when it was illuminated. It was also my dream to come here with a person that was so special to me too.

Tom slipped and fell down a few times and I'll admit, I completely lost it and half of those times I lost balance and fell down next to him, causing him to laugh loudly.

'How to you say "I love you" in Japanese?' He asked when we had calmed down for the fourth time.

'Daisuki, maybe?'

'Why maybe?'

'There's like at least three ways to say "I love you".'

'Wow. Is that the easiest way?'

'Yeah.'

'How many letter's that?'

'Four.'

'Okay, cool.'

'Why though?'

'You'll see.'

We continued skating for about another two and a half hours with a small coffee/tea break until the link was closed. As we walked to his car, both of us were slightly limping from the blisters we got from the skating shoes.

'Are you okay?' He asked as I climbed into the passengers seat.

'Yeah I'm totally fine.' I replied. 'Are you okay?'

'Should be.' He said, starting to drive.

'I would hold your hand, you know.' He said suddenly. 'But I have to change the bloody gear.'

I laughed out louder than I meant to. 'I take that as you want an automatic car right now?'

'BMW automatic? Oh yes please.' But then he added rather sternly, 'Don't get that for my birthday.'

I laughed even more with that.

'No, seriously.'

'I know, I know.' I smiled.

'That smile worries me.'

'You love it.'

'I do, actually.' He said nodding. 'And your laugh.'

I gave him a kiss on the cheek, which changed to the lips by him.

As I stared the front blankly with my head on his shoulder and an arm around his upper arm, he said, 'My mum wants to see you again. And my dad and my brothers and my aunts and uncles and cousins and grandparents...' Seeing my expression when I lifted my head up, he laughed. 'It's true!'

'I thought you were over-exaggerating.'

'When do I over-exaggerate?'

'Like, quite a lot.'

He nudged me in the stomach.

'But I'll be more than happy to meet them all.' I smiled.

'That's great.' He smiled back. 'They'll go absolute nuts.'

We laughed.

Tom pulled up into the drive way half an hour before midnight.

'Thank you so much for tonight.' I said, hugging him in the middle of the front yard.

'It was a great pleasure, my princess.' He pulled me closer and over lapped his lips over mine. I wasn't able to hide a smile. 'Thanks to you, too. For the gifts and the time.'

'No problem at all.'

He smiled sweetly. 'See you tomorrow?'

I nodded. 'Yep.'

With a one last kiss, he headed back to the car.

'Have a good night!'

'Thanks, you too!' He gave me a thumbs up and climbed into the drivers seat.

I waved until he was out of sight and the red lights for the breaks flashed four times before his car disappeared around the corner.

A/N
Thank you all soooo much for reading this story!
I'm thinking of starting to write a Draco Malfoy fanfic that's related with Sally Potter, even though I haven't finished the "fourth" book. Any ideas???

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72K 748 14
25 years. it's been 25 years since i first met tom. we were practically brother and sister growing up. yet, it's been 10 since we last talked. you h...
45.2K 1.1K 40
This is a story about Tom Felton x reader Your name is y/n y/l/n and you are a huge huge huge Harry Potter fan, and today you are going to meet all f...
124K 3.4K 70
What if the world of Harry Potter WAS real? What if Dan Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint and Tom Felton were asked by the REAL Harry, Hermione, R...
4.7K 37 11
Y/n and Draco had been friends forever, their mothers were best friends (and still are). They grow up alongside each other, inseparable. When they...