Pokémon: Indigo League

By Kenon96

This story is the same as the original anime. My character will be on his own journey as a Trainer and will t... More

Niko
Disclaimer
Battle 1: The Journey Starts Now
Battle 2: A New Friend
Battle 3: Whirl-y Go-round
Battle 4: Rock and Roll
Battle 5: Hard as a Rock
Battle 6: A Badge of Honor
Updated Team
Battle 7: Waterlogged
Battle 8: An Egg-Cellent Story
Battle 9: Seeing is Believing
Battle 10: Fighting Types
Battle 11: Evolutionary, my Dear Bulbasaur!
Battle 12: Crash Course
Battle 13: Hatch of the Day
Battle 14: A Criming Shame
Battle 15: Hook, Line, and Stinker
Battle 16: The Smell of Victory
Summer
Battle 17: The Great Fighting Pokémon Battle
Battle 18: Fuschia Ninja Showdon
Battle 19: The Poké-Ninja Way
Battle 20: Dig Those Diglett!
Battle 21: A Living Legend
Battle 22: Little Big Problem
Battle 23: Enlighten Up!
Battle 24: The Case of the K-9 Caper
Battle 25: Get Psyched!
Battle 26: Haunt and Seek
Battle 27: For the Sixth Badge! Niko vs Sabrina
Happy Halloween
Battle 28: The Battling Eevee Brothers
Battle 29: Showdown at Dark City
Battle 30: Holy Matrimony
Battle 31: The Ultimate Test
Battle 32: A Mystical Encounter
Battle 33: Riddle me This.
Battle 34: Winning the Heat
Battle 35: Beach Blank-Out Blastoise
Merry Christmas
Battle 36: Misty Mermaid
Battle 37: Viridian Secrets
Battle 39: Showdown at the Po-Ké Corral
Battle 40: Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
Battle 41: Bad to the Bone
Battle 42: All Fired Up
Battle 43: Round One Begin!
Battle 44: Fire And Ice
Battle 45: Fourth Round Rumble
Battle 46: A Friend in Deed
Battle 47: Friend and Foe Alike
Battle 48: From Friend to Foe
Battle 49: Pokemon League Finale
Battle 50: Pallet Town and Beyond!
Reunion at Pallet Town
Coming Soon.....

Battle 38: Mew and Mewtwo

181 6 4
By Kenon96

Narrator: What started out as a simple gym battle for his eighth badge, has spiraled into complete chaos. Niko and Mew were captured by Team Rocket's Leader, Giovanni and his powerful Pokémon Mewtwo. With their friend taken, can Duplica and Kota find a way to save him?

We see the Team Rocket convoy on their way to their headquarters.

(Just ignore the Team Rocket trio. It's surprisingly easy)

Cassidy: HQ, this is Cassidy. The capture of Mew is complete. We are now on route. She said into the radio.

???: Roger, you may land when ready.

Giovanni: Contact Dr. Namba. Tell him his test subjects are ready and waiting.

Butch: Yes, sir!

Giovanni: Our little friend here should provide us with everything we need to complete our plan.

Back in Viridian City...

Lance: What?! Niko was kidnapped by Team Rocket?!

Duplica: Yeah, we just saw them leave. I think we know where they're heading. Please, you gotta hurry, Lance

Lance: Right! I'm on my way right now. I'll call the local authorities as well. You kids be safe until I get there.

Duplica: Thank you! Duplica hangs up.

Eevee: Eevee! (Hurry) Eevee said as it started running.

Kota: Eevee, wait! Duplica and Kota give chase. Gengar comes from behind and gives Eevee a lift.

Lance: Quickly, Dragonite! We have to hurry! Dragonite flys off to Viridian City.

Meanwhile at Team Rocket HQ...

Niko: Hey!! Let me out! Let me out! Niko shouted banging on his cage.

Cassidy: Oh, quit it! Your whining is starting to give me a major headache.

Butch: Besides, I don't think you wanna miss Team Rocket's momentous victory!

Niko: Victory? What are you talking about?!

Giovanni: It's quite simple. Giovanni reveals himself. Thanks to you, all the pieces are in place.

Niko: Where is Mew? What have you done with it?!

Giovanni: We're taking good care of it. We wouldn't want anything to happen to our most valuable asset.

Niko: Asset?! What are you going to do with it?

Giovanni: Why, use its power of course.

Niko: It's power?

Giovanni: My boy, you cannot even begin to fathom the immense power that Mew possess. The one saw before, Mewtwo, is not even half as strong. If they were to battle seriously, I doubt any of us would survive such battle. That's probably why it was so easy to capture. It was protecting you. So we have you to thank for its capture.

Niko: Mewtwo? That's what it's called? What is it? I've never seen any Pokémon like that.

Giovanni: That's because it's the first of its kind. Mewtwo is the first ever man made Pokémon.

Niko: You mean...you created a Pokémon?! But how?!

Giovanni: Hmhmhm. I'm afraid that's a trade secret. But I will say that it was an amazing feat of scientific genius. I'll be off now. Levi.

Levi: Yes, sir? Levi entered.

Niko: Ah! It's you!

Levi: Wow. You look right at home in there. He chuckled.

Niko: Grr.

Elsewhere, Eevee and the others run to Niko's rescue.

Duplica: We gotta be getting close now.

Kota: Hmm? Get down! Kota grabs Duplica and Eevee to hide in a bush. Gengar turns invisible. A patrol of Team Rocket goons pass by. That was close.

Duplica: Look. That must be the place. But how do we get in. Suddenly, some hands pop out and grab the two trainers. They try to scream, but their voices are muffled. Duplica and Kota are pulled further into the forest where they met their assailant.

Kota: It's you! Lance!

Lance: Glad to see you kids are doing okay.

Duplica: Lance are we glad to see you.

Lance: Likewise. So, Niko is in there? Why would they capture him?

Duplica: Not sure. But we gotta get him out of there. Duplica spots a trio of Team Rocket grunts. And I think I have an idea. The grunts pass by and the three heroes pull them into the bushes and beat them up.

Back inside the base...

Niko: If only I had my other Pokémon with me.

Levi: Too bad you don't.

Niko: Why are you people doing this?

Levi: Could you please stop talking? I'm trying to think. 'A manmade Pokémon. I never thought the old man would actually pull it off.'

Jessie: Sir! Team Rocket arrive.

Levi: So, you already failed pitifully, huh? He said hitting a nerve.

James: Yes. We failed our job at being gym leaders.

Meowth: It's not my fault. These two couldn't lead themselves out of a paper bag!

Jessie: Grr! I'll lead you to a gurney.

Levi: Enough! I need to go out. You two stay here and guard the prisoner.

Team Rocket: Right!

Niko: What can I do?

He.....lp.......

Niko: Huh?

Help......help me....

Niko: What was that? Niko looked around to find the source of the voice. It sounded like....Mew?

Mew: Niko.....help me.....

Niko: Ah! Mew must talking with its thoughts. Maybe I can....Niko focused to try and convey his thoughts. Mew? Mew, are you there?

Mew: Niko?

Niko: I'm here. Where are you, Mew?

Mew: I don't know. It's dark and scary. There are all these mean people.

Niko: Don't worry, Mew. I'm gonna rescue you.

???: Who...

Niko & Mew: !!

???: Who...

Niko: Who is that?

???: Who are....where am I?

Niko: Hello? Who are you?

???:...

Niko: Ah! Niko then came back to reality.

Jessie: Ah.

Jessie & James: Ha-ha!

James: Now that I think of it...

Jessie: This is our chance to take your Eevee.

James: And once the boss hears of this heroic heist, he'll gladly hoist us up to the top of the heap! And the little boss will shower us with praise.

Jessie: And then finish it off with a tidy tip for our troubles!

Meowth: Yeah!

Niko: If you haven't noticed, Eevee's not here.

Jessie: Uh.....💧

Meanwhile, Levi stood before the trapped Mew holding the Master Ball. His goal was right in front of him. If Levi could catch Mew, he could control it, then use its power to seize control of Team Rocket.

Giovanni: Levi. Levi hid the ball so his father wouldn't notice. How is our guest?

Levi: Nice and comfy. As for the prisoner, I put those three in charge. Though I'm sure they'll find a way to screw it up.

Giovanni: Hmm.

Levi: What's the plan, sir? Does it have anything to do with Mewtwo?

Giovanni: Quite. You see, as powerful as Mewtwo is, with Mew we can stabilize its powers and increase them tenfold. And with its friend held captive, it won't try anything. Team Rocket will be unstoppable soon enough.

Levi: I see. Levi glanced at Mew. For the time being, he would be patient.

Out in the halls, three grunts walk past another group possibly on patrol. The three then find an empty spot and take their hats. Revealing them to be Lance, Duplica and Kota.

Lance: We made it this far. Now we just need to find Niko.

Eevee: Vee. (Got it) Eevee said popping out of Kota's shirt. Vee vee! (Gengar) Gengar pokes its head out of a wall.

Lance: Gengar, perfect!

Duplica: Gengar, see if you can find Niko. The ghost type phases through the walls.

In Niko's cell...

Niko: I have to get out of here and find Mew. Niko muttered. Niko then noticed Gengar entering the room. Geng-Mm! Niko quickly silenced himself.

Meowth: Huh? Meowth turned back at him.

Niko: [whistling] Meowth turned back. Gengar renters the room. Gengar, grab the keys. Niko whispered as he gestured to the keys on Jessie's waist.

James: Now that I think about it, what do you suppose the Little and Big boss are doing in those rooms?

Meowth: Our job ain't ta ask questions, it's ya guard dat twerp in the cage.

Jessie: They do say ignorance is bliss. As they were talking, Gengar managed to take the keys. It then gets to Niko's cell and unlocks it.

Niko: Nice job, Gengar.

CREAK

Team Rocket: Huh!? The trio look to see Niko and Gengar escaping. Ahh!

James: It's a jail break!

Jessie: Not on my watch! Arbok, Poison Sting, now! Arbok materializes and fires, forcing Niko and Gengar to dodge.

James: This'll go much better if you stand still!

Jessie: Just relax. I only need a second.

Kota: Machop, Tackle!

Duplica: Ditto, Vine Whip!

Lance: Dragonite, Thunderbolt!

Jessie and Arbok are tackled into a wall, Meowth was tied up in vines, and James was electrocuted.

Niko: Huh? Guys! You came to save me!?

Lance: Of course.

Niko: Lance!? You're here too!?

Duplica: Niko! Duplica ran over and hugged Niko tightly.

Niko: Uhh...

Duplica: Ah! Duplica let go and turned away, blushing. I'm...I'm glad you're okay.

Niko: Uh, yeah. Niko said blushing.

Kota: Right. Next we need to escape from here.

Niko: Wait! We need to save Mew!

Kota: Mew's here too!?

Lance: Wait, you three know about Mew?

Duplica: Yeah. We ran into it on our journey. Do you know about it, Lance?

Lance: Of course. There have been records and photos showing a strange Pokémon. But if Team Rocket has it, then we have to get it back. Mew holds incredible power that Team Rocket will use for evil. We cannot let that happen. This will be dangerous, if any of want to back out, I won't hold it against you.

Niko: No way! We're gonna help free Mew!

Kota: Mew is our friend, so there's no way we're gonna leave without it!

Duplica: Because that's what friends do!

Lance: Hm! Glad to hear. Now let's move out! Team Rocket regained consciousness and see the quartet escape.

Jessie: What?! Don't tell me we're twerpless! How did this happen anyway?!

James: Bad coordination! Meowth soon wakes up and sees the chase in progress

Jessie and James: Let's get them!

Meowth: Hey, wait for me!

James: Slow down!

Jessie: Arbok, Poison Sting! Arbok fires but our heroes duck in time.

Lance: They're persistent I'll give them that.

Jessie: Now, let's tie them up into a neat package with a Wrap attack! Arbok charges in, but a Dragonite knocks it away with a Thunder Punch. Arbok! Suddenly, the alarm goes off alerting the whole base.

Lance: Someone tripped the alarm! They all look to see James pressing the alarm button.

James: Like I say; if you can't beat them, overwhelm them! Ha ha ha!

Kota: This is bad, we gotta move! They make a break for it

Jessie: Hold it!

Giovanni & Levi: Huh?!

Giovanni: What the devil is going on!? I'll check on Mewtwo. You keep watch over Mew, understood?

Levi: Yes, sir. As Giovanni leaves, Levi grins down at Mew. Looks like fortune is favoring me.

Team Rocket was in a panic trying to find the intruders. Our heroes hide and run to avoid confrontation.

Lance: Any idea where they might be holding Mew?

Niko: No. I thought I heard Mew earlier, but now—wait! Niko focuses his mind.

Duplica: What are you doing?

Niko: Trying to call out to Mew. 'Mew. Mew! Can you hear me?'

Levi: You're all mine now. He said readying his Master Ball.

MEW!!!!

Mew: Mew! (Niko) Mew looked up to see Levi. It then flew away.

Levi: Come back here! Levi chased after it.

Niko: Ah! I know where it is! Niko runs and the others follow. They arrive on one of the upper floors and spot Mew. There!

Mew: Mew! (Niko) It said happily.

Levi: Golbat, attack! Golbat charges at Mew, who teleports away. It then reappears behind Niko.

Niko: You're safe! Niko said relieved.

Jessie: But you're not! Team Rocket arrives and corner our heroes.

Levi: Excellent timing for once! Do not let them escape!

James: Yes, little boss!

Jessie: Arbok, Poison Sting! Her Arbok fires.

Lance: Get down! They all duck. Levi moves out of the way.

The attack manages to hit a fuse box, which caused an explosion that knocks Levi and his Golbat away. And also causes him to drop the Master Ball. Niko notices it.

Meowth: Way to go dingus, you almost hit da lil boss!

James: If you have time to whine, then make yourself useful and capture that Pokémon! You too, Weezing! Team Rocket closes in on Mew.

Niko: Mew! Niko looks down at the Master Ball and grabs it. Pokéball, go! Niko throws it Mew.

Mew: Mew? The Pokéball hits Mew on the head and absorbs it. The ball falls to the ground and wobbles a bit before letting out a ring signaling Mew's capture.

Duplica: You caught Mew!

Niko: Let's go! The team makes a break for it.

Meowth: After 'em! Meowth shouted.

James: But wait! What about the Little boss? James said.

Jessie: Uh...for now, we get somewhere safe! The trio grab Levi and Golbat and run to the nearest exit.

Giovanni: Hmph. This might be an opportunity in disguise. Come, Mewtwo. He ordered.

Meanwhile, a large group of police were making their way to the Team Rocket HQ.

Jenny: Hurry, everyone! Lance went through a lot of trouble to get us this information. We can't give Team Rocket the chance to get away.

Back in the base...

Niko: Come on, we're almost out!

Giovanni: I wouldn't be so sure. Giovanni arrives and puts a stop to the heroes escape. I must thank you. You've brought Mew right to me. I was worried I'd have to search for it all over again. Now, if you'll just hand over that Pokéball to me.

Niko: Not a chance!

Lance: Wait, I know you! You're Giovanni, leader of the Viridian City gym! Lance revealed.

Everyone: !!?

Giovanni: Hmph. Previous you mean. It was mildly entertaining to battle subpar trainers, but I no longer need the title.

Lance: You won't get away with this!

Giovanni: Lance of the Pokémon G-Men. This is a perfect chance to show you Mewtwo's power.

Lance: Dragonite! Dragonite materializes. I'll take care of this Pokémon. You three get out of here. Lance and Dragonite fly off with Mewtwo chasing after them.

Duplica: Niko, let's go! Duplica tried to drag Niko with her, but he stayed behind. What are you doing?

Niko: I can't go yet. You still need to pay for what you did to Mew and Mewtwo.

Giovanni: Hmph. And I suppose you're going to make me? He said condescendingly. Well then, Giovanni reached into his pocket and pulled out a badge.

Kota: A badge?

Giovanni: I am still a gym leader. If you manage to beat, I'll give you it.

Niko: Hmm. You're on. Eevee, let's go!

Eevee: Eevee! (Right on)

Giovanni: Persian!

Pokédex: Persian, the Classy Cat and the evolved form of Meowth. It is highly regarded as a pet for its beautiful fur. However, it is extremely temperamental and difficult to keep.

Giovanni: Indeed. My Persian is unlike any other. Watch. Use Slash! Persian leaps at Eevee.

Niko: Dodge it! Eevee tries to get out of the way, but Persian was faster.

Giovanni: Hmhmhm. Giovanni chuckled maliciously. Meanwhile, Lance's Dragonite continues to dodge attacks from Mewtwo.

Lance: This Pokémon is unlike any before it. Dragonite! Twister!

Niko: Eevee, Iron Tail!

Giovanni: Slash attack! The two attacks collide. Eevee and Persian were beginning to feel a little fatigue.

Niko: Eevee, Shadow Ball! Eeve fires, but Persian dodged. Unfortunately, the attack struck near where Giovanni, knocking him on his feet. Then a small device fell out of his pocket.

Giovanni: Ahh!

Niko: What's that? Whatever, get it Eevee!

Eevee: Vee! (Right) Eevee runs over and grabs it with its mouth.

Giovanni: Stop! Persian, grab that controller! Persian comes in and tries to attack Eevee, but the small Pokémon lets go of the device which gets accidentally destroyed by Persian. NO!

Mewtwo: !! Suddenly, Mewtwo stops attacking Lance and Dragonite.

Lance: Huh? Lance was confused. Mewtwo then returned to the base.

Giovanni: Imbeciles! Do you have any idea what you've done!? Giovanni shouted.

Duplica: What was that thing?

KABOOOOOOOOM

Everyone: Ah! The wall bursts open, kicking up dust. When it settled, they saw the one responsible.

Giovanni: Mewtwo! Suddenly, Giovanni was lifted into the air and slammed against the wall. Persian tried to stop Mewtwo, but it too was easily pinned to the wall. Ugh...Aaaaahhhhh!!! Giovanni shouted as he felt himself being crushed against the wall.

Niko: Stop! Niko ran over to stop this, but Mewtwo knocked him away with its psychic power.

Duplica: Niko!

Eevee: Vee! (Buddy)

Niko: No! Niko shouted. Let me talk to you Mewtwo.

Kota: Mewtwo? But why? Niko stands up and walks over to it.

Niko: Mewtwo. You need to stop. Mewtwo knocks Niko back.

Duplica: Niko, please stop.

Niko: I can't. Mewtwo...Mewtwo's in pain. It's in pain because of Team Rocket. Mewtwo's a victim too. Mewtwo, please listen.

Mewtwo: Listen...It spoke.

Kota: Ah!

Duplica: It spoke!? The others were surprised.

Niko: Mewtwo, I can't let you do this.

Mewtwo: He...must pay....hurt...

Niko: Yeah, but...Ah! Mewtwo pushes him back again. Niko continues to try and talk to Mewtwo, but the psychic type keeps pushing the boy away. The Master Ball rolls on the ground and hits a rock, which releases Mew.

Mew: Mew? (Huh) Mew looks to see Niko and Mewtwo. Mew mew! (Oh no) Mew comes over to Niko.

Mewtwo: You...Mew uses Recover on Niko.

Duplica: That's Recover. Niko is all healed up.

Niko: Mew? Mew was happy to see Niko all better. Mew, we have to talk to Mewtwo. We have to help it.

Duplica: Us too. Duplica stated standing by Niko.

Kota: That's right. Mew looks at them all and nods.

Niko: We're not gonna let you do something you'll regret, Mewtwo! Mewtwo tried to attack, but Mew fended off its attempts.

Mewtwo: Why...

Niko: You're not their weapon, Mewtwo. You're a Pokémon just like Eevee and Mew. Niko starts removing Mewtwo's attachments. Duplica and Kota join in until Mewtwo no longer had another of its cybernetics attached.

Niko: You're free, Mewtwo.

Mewtwo: Free....?

Duplica: That's right.

Kota: That means you can go wherever you want. No one can tell you what to do anymore.

Niko: If you go out and see the world, you might realize how amazing it is.

Mewtwo:.....Mewtwo lowers its grip on Giovanni and Persian.

Giovanni: Grr. Giovanni presses a button in his sleeve.

KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Everyone: !?!? The whole base shook. They looked to see Giovanni long gone.

Kota: He got away!

Duplica: Forget him, we gotta leave now! Duplica tried to run, but the floor caved in and she was about to fall, before Niko caught her and pulled her back up.

Niko: We can't go that way. Niko looked in the opposite direction. Or that way.

Things seemed to look bleak. That's when Mew spoke to Mewtwo. Mewtwo nodded and the two Enacted their plan.

Lance: The whole base is going down! He stated as he watched a few grunts escaping.

Lance: Ah! The others were still in there! Right on cue, the police show up.

Officer Jenny: Oh no!

As the dust settled, Lance spotted something amongst the wreckage.

Lance: Look! In the center of the rubble stood Niko, Duplica and Kota. along with their Pokémon. They made it!

Duplica: Mew! You saved us! Duplica said happily, hugging the small Pokémon.

Lance: I'm glad to you're all okay. Lance and Dragonite land next to them. He then notices Mewtwo. Is that?

Niko: This is Mewtwo. He protected us.

Mewtwo: I am....Free? It asked for confirmation. Niko nods. Mewtwo looks up at the sky and sees a flock of Pidgey fly by. Mewtwo started floating. The others watch as it turns back.

Niko: Hmm. Niko simply smiled as he watched Mewtwo leave.

Duplica: Where do you think it's going?

Kota: Don't know. But I get the feeling Mewtwo will be fine.

Mew: Mew....

Duplica: What's wrong, Mew? She asked noticing the sad look on Mew's face.

Niko: You wanna go after Mewtwo, don't you? Mew nodded. Then go. I'm sure Mewtwo could use a friend. Mew grabs the Master Ball from the debris and hands it to Niko. No. You deserve to be free too.

Mew: Hehehe. Mew leaves the ball with Niko. 'Keep it. To always remind you that we're friends.' It said before flying away.

Giovanni: Gah! Giovanni climbs out of the rubble.

Lance: Ah! Giovanni! Lance spotted the man. Giovanni then broke into a spring to escape.

Niko: Hold it! Niko ran after him and tackled him to the ground.

Giovanni: Ahh!

Lance: Giovanni,, you are under arrest for the illegal capture and experimentation on Pokémon!

Officer Jenny: As the leader of Team Rocket, you've violated your last conservation law!

Lance: Good. Book him, Officer Jenny. The police began rounding up remnants of Team Rocket and Giovanni.

Giovanni: Wait. Boy. He called out to Niko. Here. He threw Niko the Earth badge. You defeated me today, so you've earned it. Despite what you may like to believe, I am a man of my word. He said before getting inside the police car.

Niko: Hmm.

Duplica: Isn't this great? That's your eighth badge. Now you can enter the Pokémon League.

Niko: Yeah. But I'm not sure how I feel about how I got it.

Lance: Don't think of it like that. Think of it as a reward for all you've done.

Kota: Thanks again, Lance. We couldn't have done it without you.

Lance: I should be thanking you. Because of your assistance, we've effectively shut down Team Rocket's operations in Kanto. We won't be hearing from them for a long time. Lance jumps onto Dragonite's back. Until we meet again. He said before he and Dragonite fly away.

Niko: Bye, Lance! Hope to see you again someday.

Kota: So, where do we go now?

Niko: I know exactly the place! Pallet Town! I'm heading home! He cheered happily.

Narrator: With some help from Lance, our heroes were able to stop Team Rocket and Mew and Mewtwo. Now Niko, Duplica and Kota are ready to head to Pallet Town and prepare for the Pokémon League

As the journey continues

Up in the sky, Mewtwo was watching.

Mewtwo: Farewell....friend...It said before leaving.

Little did they know of the adventure Mewtwo and Mew would undergo in Kanto.

But that's another story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.7K 1.7K 57
Ash Ketchum and Serena Yvonne travel through the Kanto region, as they aim to find, and achieve their dreams, with their pokemon and friends along th...
319K 4.2K 87
A story where there is a boy named Ash Ketchum that one day he will acquire a power, a power that can rival even a god. His power will outmatched eve...
119K 3K 23
A major problem occurs, and Y/N gets the chance to fully live in the world just like the video games! But when he is caught up with the task instead...
123K 2.1K 46
Let's just get to the point. You go on a Pokemon journey through Kanto region. (Ps. This is a rewrite of my old Pokemon story. I wasn't really happy...