His challenge #3

Oleh dark_light233

Lexi is broken. And what does that mean? It means that she needs someone to heal her heart. Put the pieces ba... Lebih Banyak

Before we start...
Aesthetics
Chapter 1: Stranger in Portland
Chapter 2: Cookies
Chapter 3: Joey's Bistro
Chapter 4: Hockey
Chapter 5: Lunch
Chapter 6: Bus stop
Chapter 7: Bruises
Chapter 8: Bar
Chapter 9: Another day
Chapter 10: Advice
Chapter 11: (Un)locked door
Chapter 12: Questions
Chapter 13: Dangerous night
Chapter 14: A house but not a home
Chapter 15: Smile
Chapter 16: Hospital
Chapter 17: Gifts
Chapter 18: A glass
Chapter 19: A crossed line
Chapter 20: Protection
Chapter 21: Finn and mafia
Chapter 22: Examination
Chapter 23: Ointment
Chapter 24: Brother
Chapter 25: Past
Chapter 26: Busy morning
Chapter 27: Night
Chapter 28: Arguments
Chapter 29: Money
Chapter 30: Pancakes
Chapter 31: Feelings
Chapter 32: Tent
Chapter 33: Lake
Chapter 34: Breakfast
Author's note
Chapter 35: Us
Chapter 37: Truth or dare
Chapter 38: "We're celebrating!"
Chapter 39: Parents
Chapter 40: Date
Chapter 41: "Argument"
Chapter 42: Dinner
Chapter 43: Friends
Chapter 44: Mood๐Ÿ”ฅ
Chapter 45: Late night visit
Chapter 46: Funeral
Chapter 47: Decisions
Chapter 48: Love hurts
Chapter 49: Angel?
Chapter 50: Talks
Chapter 51: Fight
Chapter 52: Water
Chapter 53: Love
Chapter 54: Not okay but getting there
Chapter 55: Cookie girl
Chapter 56: Weirdo
Chapter 57: Family
Chapter 58: Happiness

Chapter 36: Relationships

328 11 7
Oleh dark_light233

I don't even know when I fell asleep. One moment I was reading a book and the next I was out cold.

Everything was a bit of a blur when I woke up, but I swear I saw Finn put my book down.

"Good morning sunshine, did you sleep well?"

"What time is it?" I stretched my arms and legs, stiff from sleeping on the hard ground. "Are they back yet?"

"No, but they called to say they were on their way back."

"Okay." I yawned and curled into a ball on my left side.

"Don't tell me you're going back to sleep."

"Shh." I closed my eyes.

"No, not again."

"Finn!" I screamed as he lifted me into his arms. "What are you doing? No Finn, don't you dare." I tried to jump from his hands but in vain. "Finn, Finn, Finn," I repeated his name as he walked towards the water. "Please don't throw me in there." I gripped his neck tightly.

"All right." He stopped just short of the shore. "On one condition."

"Anything," I said without hesitation.

"You will sleep in my tent today."

"Okay, fine, no problem, just let me go." He smiled devilishly. "On the ground, Acker, don't you dare let me go into the water," I said threateningly.

"You look adorable when you're bossy." He smiled. "Like a chihuahua."

"Down, Finn," I would trust him with my life, but not right now.

"Or." He raised an eyebrow and I thought he was going to throw me in as his hands started to move. To my surprise, he just turned me in his arms so that we were chest to chest and I could wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. "This is better."

Of course, it was better because he couldn't just throw me into the water like that, but it was worse in a different way.

All day, since we kissed, I can't think of anything but him. And that is dangerous. Because right now, as I feel his firm bare chest beneath me, I only want to do one thing.

I haven't slept with anyone in a long time, almost two years now, but with Finn it would be too soon, wouldn't it? We are not at that stage yet.

But his eyes say something completely different.

I tried not to think about it, I really tried, but it wasn't that easy. All I wanted at this moment was for him to bend me against the nearest tree.

My God, what is becoming of me?

Those books. It's their fault.

"Lexi." I really didn't need to hear my name from his lips right now.

"Yes?" I tried to sound as normal as possible.

"You're squeezing me with your legs a bit." He grinned.

Only at his words did I realize that I was doing it. I immediately relaxed my legs. I'm starting to lose control of my body.

"Sorry." I almost whispered.

"Shit, you have to stop that." I frowned at his words. What does he mean? "Stop biting your lip."

"Why?"

"Because every time you do it, I want to do it too. That and worse." His gaze skipped between my eyes.

That and worse? Looks like I'm not the only one losing control here.

I honestly think something would have happened if we hadn't heard a larger group of people walking in our direction.

Finn slowly lowered me and we pulled away from each other. We started walking back to the camp in silence, but I couldn't forget what I promised him. After what happened just now, I'm supposed to sleep in the same tent with him?

This is it. This is how I die.

I took one of the towels and wrapped it around myself. Finn waited for me and we followed the others together.

But when they were closer to us, something felt wrong.

Destiny was the first to disconnect from the group.

Adrian wanted to follow her, but Stefan stopped him and said something to him.

"Get your hands off me." Adrian said between his teeth and pulled out of his grip.

"What the..." I frowned. What happened?

"I'll check on Destiny." Finn slipped past me and followed Destiny.

"Adrian, come on." Stefan exhaled heavily while I walked closer to them. That's when I noticed that everyone was quiet and paying attention to what was happening. The guys were ready to strike while the girls were a little further away from the action.

"What's going on?" I stopped in the little circle that had formed there.

"Why don't you ask Stefan, huh?" Adrian said with anger in his eyes.

"I'm not playing this game, Adrian." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"You're lucky you're my brother or I would..." He took a step towards him.

"Whoa!" I jumped between the two of them. "Adrian." I looked at him horrified.

I know twins often argue, but this is something else. It has never gone this far before.

"This is not your problem Lexi, stay out of it." He looked down at me.

"Not a chance. Now, will someone tell me what the hell happened?" I looked at everyone, but no one said anything. "Great, thank you." I sighed. "You two, with me." I pointed at the twins and started walking towards the lake.

"Lexi..." Stefan began.

"Not a word." I interrupted him. "Start walking, now." I pointed to the lake and Stefan obeyed. He started walking while Adrian remained standing. "Adrian, move."

He ran his tongue over his front teeth. "Fine." He started walking.

"What?" I asked when I noticed how everyone was looking at me.

"I don't know what you did with Lexi, but wow." Jeremy said in surprise. "I like you like this, babe."

"Jeremy Merlin." I put my hands on my hips.

"You're not in a playful mood, are you?"

I don't know what mood I'm in, but what I do know is that we promised each other not to fight anymore. That includes the twins.

"I'll leave you alone for a few hours and this happens." I rolled my eyes and started walking after the twins with a heavy sigh, hoping they weren't killing each other.

I found Stefan sitting on one of the blankets that Finn had brought, while Adrian stood a few meters away with his back turned and his arms crossed over his chest. I'm here with the children.

"So? Who wants to start?" I crossed my arms over my chest and realized that I was still only in a towel. Awesome.

"Lexi..." Stefan breathed heavily.

"Don't you dare pull that on me. What happened?" They were both silent, which only irritated me more. "Fine, you want to act like children? Suit yourselves, but you're not leaving here before we sort out what happened between you two."

"Are you serious?" Adrian snorted.

"Deadly." I said harshly.

"No, I'm not doing this." He moved from the spot and tried to go back to the camp, but I got in his way. "Lexi." He said between his teeth. "I'm not in the mood for games."

"That makes two of us."

"He tried to kiss Destiny, that's what happened." Even though I could see that he was angry, I could feel the pain in his voice. "Can I leave now?"

"No. Stefan," I turned to him, "is that what happened?"

"Of course it is. I saw them!" Adrian threw up his hands.

"Stefan?" I hardened.

"I'm sorry." He said quietly and bowed his head.

"See? He confessed."

"It wasn't me." He spoke again. "She tried to kiss me."

"Bullshit!" He took a step towards Stefan, but I got in his way again. "She wouldn't do that to me."

"So you're together? Officially?" I raised an eyebrow in question.

"Well...no. But I like her and..."

"And that's what you told her? That you like her?"

"What are you doing?" He looked down at me.

"If you're not with Destiny...she could..."

"Bullshit! Whose side are you on?"

"Whose side am I on?" I frowned. "Have you lost it? There are no sides." I looked between the two of them. "You are brothers."

"Brothers?" He scoffed. "Is this how brothers act? Steal girlfriends?"

"You don't know what you're talking about." Stefan spoke up.

"Screw you, Stefan. Screw you."

Without a word, Stefan stood up and started walking away.

"Stefan, wait." I tried to catch him but in vain. "Stefan."

"Are you happy now?"

"Are you serious right now?" I backed away from Adrian. "My god you're an idiot." I shook my head.

"Me? What did I do?" He buried his hand in his chest. "He's the one who..."

"Zoe." I interrupted him.

"What?" He frowned.

"Nora. Chloe. Claire." I continued.

"What about them?"

"Are you really that self-absorbed? Stefan always backed off when it came to women. Every time. Every time he liked someone, you came, slept with them, left them and Stefan didn't say a word even though it was eating him away from the inside."

"That's not true."

"Bullshit." I repeated his words. "When did you last see him with anyone? Huh?" He remained silent. "Exactly. Try to guess why."

"If it was true, he would have told me."

"You think? You have no idea what Stefan gave up for you." I shook my head. "And if you really want to have sides here...and I would have to choose..."

"Don't say it." He almost whispered. "I didn't mean it."

"I'd choose his. Pull yourself together, Adrian, because I'm tired." I slipped past him and headed back to the camp.

"Lexi." Jeremy started, but I just raised my hand, and that silenced him.

I followed Stefan, who was walking towards the forest along a narrow path. Before I caught up with him barefoot, he was already sitting leaning against one of the trees.

"I don't want to talk about it." I know he was trying to sound strong, but I could see it was destroying him inside.

I slowly sat down next to him, rested my head on his shoulder and grabbed his hand. "It's okay."

I could feel his chest heaving jerkily under my head, his breathing shaky. "I swear, Lexi. I didn't try to kiss her. I would never do that to him." He said with a shaky voice.

"I know. I know." I squeezed his hand tightly. "I believe you."

"He hates me." His voice broke.

"Shhh." I let go of his hand and hugged him.

I don't know how long we sat there, I just held him tight while he quietly sobbed. It hurt me to see him like this.

Stefan is the most innocent person in the world. He doesn't deserve this. And especially from Adrian, for whom he would lay the whole world at his feet. Stefan always put his twin before himself. He sacrificed more than Adrian could imagine.

"Maybe we should wrap it up." I spoke first. "I'll ask Jeremy to lend us his car and we'll go home."

"I didn't want to mess up this weekend." He said with a hoarse voice.

"You didn't mess anything up." I ran my hand over his back. "Come on, let's go back." I stood up, Stefan following me.

We started walking back and I took Stefan's hand and smiled at him.

"Thank you, Lexi." He smiled and I immediately felt a little better.

"Any time."

With a slow pace, we returned to the camp, the sun was already slowly setting and the campfire was already burning. When we came out of the forest, we both immediately noticed Finn and Destiny sitting next to mine and her tent.

When they noticed us, they both started walking towards us.

"It's okay." I squeezed Stefan's hand encouragingly. "Don't think of Adrian. Not this time." He just nodded uncertainly.

"Can we talk?" Destiny spoke as they stopped in front of us.

"Yeah." Stefan said quietly and I took it as a sign to leave them alone.

Finn obviously caught it too, as he cocked his head to the side.

Together we walked away from Stefan and Destiny, closer to Finn's tent.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Me?" I asked confused. "I'm not the one who got into a fight with my twin here."

"That's not what I meant. It's gotten cold and you're still only in a towel." He unzipped his jacket and threw it around my shoulders. "You should go change into something warmer."

"What did you talk to Destiny about? Is she okay?"

"She will be if Adrian gets his shit together. How's Stefan doing?"

"I suggested to him that we leave. After he talks to Destiny, we'll see what happens next." I hid my face in my hands. "This day started off so well and..." I let out a frustrated breath.

"And it might end up in blood."

"What?" I looked up at him and noticed that he was looking somewhere behind me. As I followed his gaze, I started to fear the worst. "Oh no." Adrian joined Destiny and Stefan.

I walked towards them, but Finn stopped me. "Hold on."

"What why?" I frowned.

"They're not arguing, look."

"They are talking?" I looked at them confused. "Did I miss something?"

"Maybe Adrian has come to his senses." He shrugged.

"Did you hit him?" I returned my gaze to him.

"Funny." He rolled his eyes. "Since it looks like they're not killing each other, go change."

"Yes, boss." I laughed.

"Do you think it's safe for me to kiss you?"

"I wouldn't risk it." I looked around us. "But..." I stood up on my tiptoes and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. "You won't get killed for this." I smiled. "I hope." I laughed nervously.

"I'm glad. Especially since you're about to spend tonight with me." He leaned down to my ear and I automatically held my breath. "I'll be waiting for you."

And at that exact moment, the butterflies in my stomach started to dance.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

375 66 28
Freya was strong and beautiful, she was the type of person who was awkward yet cool, she was intimidating yet friendly and there was just something s...
8.2K 273 14
a guy who has nothing to live for. a girl destined to become his everything หšสšโ™กษžหš he's quiet, he prefers silence, he keeps to his own company, he doe...
18K 240 31
{NOT EDITED} So different but so the same. Broken and happy, does it fit? Or is she even happy? They both know each other but the question is. Where...
4K 271 45
"He was the definition of what you call bad, he smoked, he broke the law, he drove too fast for his own good.He didn't care because no one taught him...