Pokémon: Indigo League

By Kenon96

This story is the same as the original anime. My character will be on his own journey as a Trainer and will t... More

Niko
Disclaimer
Battle 1: The Journey Starts Now
Battle 2: A New Friend
Battle 3: Whirl-y Go-round
Battle 4: Rock and Roll
Battle 5: Hard as a Rock
Battle 6: A Badge of Honor
Updated Team
Battle 7: Waterlogged
Battle 8: An Egg-Cellent Story
Battle 9: Seeing is Believing
Battle 10: Fighting Types
Battle 11: Evolutionary, my Dear Bulbasaur!
Battle 12: Crash Course
Battle 13: Hatch of the Day
Battle 14: A Criming Shame
Battle 15: Hook, Line, and Stinker
Battle 16: The Smell of Victory
Summer
Battle 17: The Great Fighting Pokémon Battle
Battle 18: Fuschia Ninja Showdon
Battle 19: The Poké-Ninja Way
Battle 20: Dig Those Diglett!
Battle 21: A Living Legend
Battle 22: Little Big Problem
Battle 23: Enlighten Up!
Battle 24: The Case of the K-9 Caper
Battle 25: Get Psyched!
Battle 26: Haunt and Seek
Battle 27: For the Sixth Badge! Niko vs Sabrina
Happy Halloween
Battle 28: The Battling Eevee Brothers
Battle 29: Showdown at Dark City
Battle 30: Holy Matrimony
Battle 31: The Ultimate Test
Battle 32: A Mystical Encounter
Battle 33: Riddle me This.
Battle 34: Winning the Heat
Battle 35: Beach Blank-Out Blastoise
Merry Christmas
Battle 36: Misty Mermaid
Battle 38: Mew and Mewtwo
Battle 39: Showdown at the Po-Ké Corral
Battle 40: Ditto's Mysterious Mansion
Battle 41: Bad to the Bone
Battle 42: All Fired Up
Battle 43: Round One Begin!
Battle 44: Fire And Ice
Battle 45: Fourth Round Rumble
Battle 46: A Friend in Deed
Battle 47: Friend and Foe Alike
Battle 48: From Friend to Foe
Battle 49: Pokemon League Finale
Battle 50: Pallet Town and Beyond!
Reunion at Pallet Town
Coming Soon.....

Battle 37: Viridian Secrets

137 7 7
By Kenon96

Narrator: Our heroes are back in Viridian City, where Ash and Niko hope to win an Earth badge. If they do, it will be their eighth and they'll finally be able to compete in the Pokémon League.

Ash: I can't believe it's been a whole year since we were here!

Niko: It's been that long? Feels like yesterday we just left Pallet Town.

Misty: Well, the Pokémon Center's up and running again.

Ash: That's great! Soon, our heroes arrive at the gym.

Brock: Guys, look! The Viridian gym! And inside there are two Earth badges with your names on them! Our heroes approach the threshold of the gym)

Ash: Me and Niko already have seven badges, we just need one more to get in the Pokémon League! We've gotta win it here!

Pikachu: Pika! (Oh yeah)

Niko: Mmmm! I'm so excited I can't take it! You feel the same Eevee?

Eevee: Vee Vee ! (You bet)

Ash: Me and you are gonna do it. We're both on a hot streak! Ash and Niko soon get a burning fire of passion in their eyes.

Brock: Wow. Those two are all fired up.

Misty: Yeah. Pikachu and Eevee are soon revealed to have set up a campfire at their  feet.

Misty: Holy smokes! Put out that fire!

Kota: Or else...But before he can say anymore, Ash finds out that his shoe is on fire.

Misty: Why did you do that, Pikachu?

Pikachu: Pikachu. (Sorry, guys)

Ash: That's okay, Pikachu. You were just trying to get me all warmed up for the battle, weren't you?

Pikachu: Pika Pika. (I sure was)

Ash: With a pal like you behind me, how could I lose?

Pikachu: Pikachu! (You can't, pal)

Brock: A boy and his Pokémon, that's so beautiful!

Misty: Whatever.

Niko: Well, what are we waiting for? Let's head in! Just then, a car rolls up with a familiar laugh being heard from it.

Gary: Still playing with your cute little Poké-pals, eh, guys?

Ash & Niko: Gary?

Gary: I thought that you two would finally give up catching and training Pokémon. I figured you both went back to Pallet. But, no. Here you both are, still at it.

Niko: Nice to see you too, Gary.

Ash: We'll show you!

Brock: Take it easy, guys.

Gary: I bet neither of you have enough badges to get into the Pokémon League yet.

Ash: We both only have to win one more to get in!

Niko: Yeah!

Gary: You both have some catching up to do. Everyone looks and sees that Gary has ten badges instead of the usual eight. As you can see, I already have ten badges.

Niko: You have ten?!

Gary: Still think you both have what it takes to become Pokemon masters?

Niko: Wait. If you already have enough badges, why are you here?

Gary: I just stopped by on my way back to Pallet to see if the leader of this gym wants to battle a real Pokémon trainer. I'm Gary Oak from Pallet, and I hereby request a battle with the leader of this gym! Both guards stamp their axes on the ground and the door opens.

Cheerleader #1: Let's go!

Cheerleader #2: This'll be cool!

Cheerleader #3: Gary will win again, like he always does.

Ash: Come on, Niko. We're going in, too. But, the guards block their way.

Guard: Only one trainer allowed in the gym at a time, kid.

Niko: What?!

Ash: But we have to get in there!

Guards: That's the rule! They stated and close the door.

Ash: If I don't do something fast, Gary's gonna get way ahead of me.

Misty: Reality check, Ash. Gary's been ahead of you and Niko from the start. Ash slumps following the revelation.

Brock: Maybe you can be just a little easier on Ash right now.

Misty: Well, I'm only telling the truth.

Ash: Maybe I'm not the greatest yet, but I care about my Pokémon just as much as anybody does. Maybe more. Togepi goes to comfort him.

Ash: Thank you. You're the only one who always stand by me no matter what. Oh, Pikachu. Ash realizes he's holding Togepi, and the shock makes him accidentally toss Togepi into the air. It lands on a flagpole and bounces off it, landing in a Fearow's mouth, to the shock of our heroes. The Fearow then flies away.

Misty: Togepi! Why did you do that to my Togepi?!?

Ash: Misty, it was an egg-cident! Get it? Egg?

Misty: Let's go! Togepi! The trio give chase.

Duplica: Should we help them?

Niko: Don't worry. I know they'll be fine. Besides, I'm itching to see what kind of Gym Leader is here.

Kota: You and Ash both have one track minds.

Mew: Mew! The small Pokémon appeared.

Niko: Mew! Where have you been? He asked Mew. It hid behind Niko. What's wrong?

Mew: Mew Mew! (I'm scared)

Duplica: Mew looks upset. I wonder what's wrong with it.

Inside the gym, Gary prepares to fight tha Viridian Gym leader.

???: I am the Viridian gym leader. Who are you?

Gary: I'm Gary Oak, the best Pokémon trainer in Pallet.

???: Heh. Confident aren't you? Alright, I'll accept your challenge

Guards: You will use three Pokémon. No time limit. Let the battle begin!

Gary: I choose Nidoking!

???: Heh. I choose Golem!

???: Golem, Tackle attack! Golem rolls.

Gary: Nidoking, fight its Tackle with your Tackle! Nidoking charges into Golem, easily defeating it.

Guard: Nidoking is the winner!

Cheerleaders: Wooo! Who's got the force? Gary, of course!

???: Not bad. Now try your luck with this one.

Gary: This should be easy too.

Pokédex: Kingler, the Pincer Pokémon. Said to be capable of prying open Shellder and Cloyster shells using its 10,000 horsepower pincer.

???: Kingler, Crab Hammer. Kingler uses its pincers to attack Nidoking, but the Ground type dodged.

Gary: Nidoking, return! He calls it back. Looks like your Kingler will due in a pinch, but it's not strong enough to tackle my Arcanine. Gary kisses his Pokéball before throwing it. Arcanine, I choose you! Arcanine, Take Down attack! Arcanine tackles into Kingler pushing it back. Now use your Fire Spin attack! Arcanine engulfs Kingler in a vortex of fire.

Cheerleaders: Wooooh! Gary, Gary, he's the best. He's the one who'll beat the rest.

Gary: That's true and I don't wanna disappoint you. Sometimes I wonder why I was cursed with this talent. Well, time to wrap this one up. Acanine! Fire Blast attack! Arcanine lands a direct hit and sends Kingler crashing.

Guard: Arcanine is the winner!

Cheerleaders: Gary won, Gary won! Like we told he's the one. The gym leader calls Kingler back. But he didn't seem fazed. In fact, he was grinning.

Gary: Maybe we should call it quits. You can't beat me! Gary stated.

???: Is that what you think, little boy?

Gary: It is. From the shadows, the man reveals himself.

Giovanni: Maybe I could have just one more battle to test out my most powerful Pokémon. He snaps his fingers to reveal said Pokémon.

Niko: Ah! Suddenly, Niko felt a strange feeling in his head.

Duplica: Niko? What's wrong?

Niko: I don't know. Just got this weird feeling in my head.

Mew: Mew..... Mew continued to quiver being near this powerful presence.

Back in the gym, the Pokémon easily defeats Arcanine by using a Psychic attack and sends it flying into the wall.

Gary: How did it do that?! What Pokémon is that?!

Pokédex: Pokémon unknown. No available data.

Gary: No data?!

Giovanni: Now as I was saying, my friend. I'd like to test out this Pokémon of mine in battle. And go ahead use more than one Pokémon if you're afraid to lose.

Gary: I'm not afraid of anything! Gary said acting brave.

Giovanni: Well, let's get started.

Gary: Alright! Nidoking, go! You too, Arcanine! His Pokémon charge.

Giovanni: Oh, is that your best? The strange Pokémon easily restrained them with its psychic power.

Gary: Arcanine! Nidoking!

Giovanni: Don't waste your time. This is the ultimate Pokémon. It can never be defeated. Gary stared in horror as his Pokémon were no match for Giovanni's.

Niko: Ugh! The pain in Niko's head intensifies, causing to drop on his knees.

Kota: Niko!

Duplica: What's wrong?!

Niko: I...don't know. There's something in there. It's....

Mew: Mew! (Run away) Mew flys away from the gym.

Niko: Mew! Wait! Niko chased after it.

Kota: Niko!

Duplica: Come back! Niko, Mew! His friends follow suit.

Later on, Levi visited Giovanni in his office in the other part of the Gym.

Giovanni: Levi, I hope you have good news to report.

Levi: Yes. I do. It just so happens I spotted that Pokémon you've been looking for so long.

Giovanni: Hm? Well, color me interested. And where is it? Levi smirks then shrugs his shoulders.

Levi: Can't say. It got away pretty quickly. But I'm sure it's still somewhere the area. I'll send you the data as soon as I can.

Giovanni: See that you do. It's good that you're finally starting to pull your own weight.

Levi: 'I'll remember you said that. As soon as I catch that Mew, you'll be groveling at my feet, old man.' Levi thought with malicious intent.

Just then...

Team Rocket: Boss! The trio arrive with a bang.

Levi: Uh! What do you three want?

Meowth: Oh, da lil boss is here too! Perfect!

Jessie: Sir, we finally captured a special Pokémon we think you're going to love.

James: It's even rarer than that Pikachu you want so much.

Meowth: And it's a real cutie, too.

Giovanni: What are you halfwits talking about?

Jessie: We brought you a rare and valuable Pokémon. She said revealing it. Togepi. Giovanni was unimpressed.

Giovanni: What, exactly does this Pokémon do?

Jessie: What does this thing do?

James: Uh, well...

Meowth: Good question. As Togepi trills, Team Rocket laughs sheepishly.

Jessie: Well, it would make a handsome paperweight.

Levi: IDIOTS!! Levi shouted startling the trio. If you don't know anything about it, then why did you bother capturing it?! Now get out of my sight before I lose my temper! He threatened.

RING RING RING

Giovanni: What is it? WHAT?! WHEN? There's been an incident, I have to go, I'm leaving the three of you in charge of the gym.

Jessie: The three of us?

James: In charge?

Meowth: Of the gym? As they were talking, Togepi managed to escape.

Giovanni: Use these to protect the gym if necessary. Tosses them three Pokéballs. Levi. With me. Levi walks over to the man. Giovanni then sits down in his chair, which backs up into a revolving door in the wall.

Jessie: That means that..

James: We just became..

Meowth: Gym leaders!

Team Rocket: Yay!

In Giovanni's dungeon, all sorts of Pokemon are seen in cages, including another Golem, another Kingler, and a Cloyster. Giovanni, flanked by his guards, approaches his mystery Pokémon.  Levi was shocked to see it.

Levi: What the...

Giovanni: We have an emergency assignment for you. He says to his ultimate Pokémon. It appears that Pokémon you mentioned to me was just spotted in the city.

Levi: ?! Levi was worried hearing this.

Giovanni: Surprised? I'm more well informed than you thought. Giovanni turned his head and grinned at Levi. I must admit, you're quite the ambition. But you are still much too young to think you can outsmart me.

Levi: Grr! Levi growled as he balled up his fists.

Back in the city, Niko was chasing after Mew.

Niko: Mew! Wait! Niko kept running until he finally caught Mew. Calm down, it's gonna be okay.

Mew: Mew....Niko held Mew in his arms tenderly trying to calm it.

Eevee: Eevee? (You okay, Mew)

Mew: Mew. Mew Mew Mew. (Yeah. There was something there)

Niko: Yeah. I felt it too. What was it?

???: You don't need to know.

???: Cause pretty soon you'll be tired to.

Niko: Huh?!

Eevee: Eevee! (Look) Niko liked up to see two people standing on a building.

Niko: Who are you?!

Cassidy: Prepare for trouble!

Butch: And make it double.

Cassidy: To protect the world from devastation!

Butch: To unite all peoples within our nation.

Cassidy: To denounce the evils of truth and love!

Butch: To extend our reach to the stars above.

Cassidy: Cassidy!

Butch: Butch!

Cassidy: Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light!

Butch: Surrender now, or prepare to fight.

Raticate: Raticate!

Niko: Team Rocket!

Eevee: Vee!

Niko: So you guys are with the same group as Jessie and James!

Cassidy: How dare you compare us to those dimwits?! Cassidy quickly composed herself. Never mind that. We want that Pokémon you're holding onto so tightly.

Niko: No way!

Butch: That wasn't a request. Go, Graveler!

Niko: Eevee! Gengar, you help too! Eevee charges as Gengar materializes.

Eevee: Vee!

Gengar: Gengar!

Giovanni: Mewtwo, Psychic! Eevee and Gengar are sent crashing to the ground.

Niko: What the! He looks to see the Pokémon responsible. What...Suddenly, Niko felt pain in his head. Aah! Niko knelt down.

Mew: Mew! (Niko) Mew used its power to prevent Mewtwo from harming its friends.

Giovanni: Simply amazing. The original is so much more powerful. With it and Mewtwo, Team Rocket's future is secured.

Mew: Meeeeeeeewwwwww!!! Mew tried its best to keep Mewtwo at bay. But the man made Pokémon began to overpower it and break through its defenses. Mew!

Niko: Ah! Niko and Mew fell to the ground. Niko's bag fell to the ground a good distance away.

Giovanni: Hmm. Take them. The Mew and the boy. Giovanni ordered.

Team Rocket place Niko in a cage and Mew into a specially made container to prevent it from using its powers to escape. Eevee looks to see its trainer being taken away.

Eevee: Vee....vee....(Ni.....ko)

Giovanni: Hehe. Everything is going according to plan. Contact Dr. Namba. Tell him to get the lab ready. Giovanni says as a helicopter arrives to take them away.

Duplica: What's going on?! Duplica and Kota arrive to see a helicopter leaving.

Kota: Wait! That logo! It's Team Rocket!

Duplica: And look who they have. Niko! And Mew!

The helicopter flys away to Team Rocket HQ as Niko's friends watch in horror. Worried for their friends fate.

Kota: What are we going to do?!

Duplica: I don't know. I...Duplica sees Niko's bag and something inside that could help.

Elsewhere....

Lance: Yes? This is Lance from the Pokémon G-Men.

Narrator: And so, Team Rocket's leader, Giovanni has not only captured Mew, but Niko as well. What dastardly plan could he be concocting? And can Duplica and Kota save him with the help of one of the Elite Four? Stay tuned.

As the journey continues

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

319K 4.2K 87
A story where there is a boy named Ash Ketchum that one day he will acquire a power, a power that can rival even a god. His power will outmatched eve...
625 21 17
A boy from our world gets dropped into Pokemon and tries to make the most of his second chance at life with pokemon at his side. The story begins abo...
7.4K 83 76
This is an original Pokemon Story that is supposed to take place in the same universe as the anime. Although the main focus of the story is on three...
156K 2.4K 21
Our favourite trainer has finally beaten Leon and with all his Pokemon in Bag and Pikachu with him he ventures off on the outskirts of Pallet Town wi...