๐›๐š๐ฆ๐›๐ข // ๐‰๐‰ ๐Œ๐š๐ฒ๐›๐š...

By starrrel

'๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ' ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜‘๐˜ฐ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฏ ๐˜‰ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ... More

๐๐€๐Œ๐๐ˆ ๐‘๐Ž๐”๐“๐‹๐„๐ƒ๐†๐„
๐‚๐€๐’๐“ & ๐€๐„๐’๐“๐‡๐„๐“๐ˆ๐‚๐’
๐ƒ๐ˆ๐’๐‚๐‹๐€๐ˆ๐Œ๐„๐‘๐’ & ๐Œ๐Ž๐‘๐„
๐„๐๐ˆ๐†๐‘๐€๐๐‡
PROLOGUE
i.
ii.
iii.
iiii.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii
xx.
xxi.
๐‚๐€๐’๐“ & ๐€๐„๐’๐“๐‡๐„๐“๐ˆ๐‚๐’ ๐’๐Ÿ
xxii
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii

xix.

920 16 9
By starrrel

CHAPTER NINETEEN

don't chase people, be yourself,
do your own thing and love people. the right people. the ones who really belong in your life
will come to you, and stay.

THE POGUES PULLED UP TO THE ONLY place that they could see the airstrip without actually being there and John B opened his door, running over to the wire fence that separated them.

the pogues followed behind him but Kiara was the only person who asked what his plan actually was, "what's the plan? broad strokes."

"i don't think we got that far." John B replied, leaning his head on the wire as he tried his hardest to see what was going on.

pope, being the only one that had a pair of binoculars told them what was going on, "they're loading up the gold."

John B took them from him, bringing them up to his own eyes so he could know exactly what was happening without needing Pope to explain.

Bambi tried her hardest to see what was going on but since she couldn't, she sighed and sat down, "we need to get more binoculars if we're going to be getting into situations like this."

"Bambs, do we look like we are rich enough to spend money on more binoculars?" JJ raised an eyebrow, turning to her.

"we could have bought a million if Ward didn't steal our gold." she rolled her eyes, placing her chin in her hands, "he also took away a teenage girl's dreams of having her own weed den."

Pope turned to look at her this time, frowning at the remembrance of how much weed meant to her, "you'll live to not regret not having one."

"if my lungs hold up for that long." Bambi groaned, feeling like she couldn't cope without a joint in her hand, "Barry isn't my dealer anymore meaning, i have to smoke it less."

"now you can finally quit." Pope gave her a sarcastic smile.

Bambi stood up, looking at Pope, "no matter how many times you try to tell me, i'm never going to stop smoking."

"suit yourself." Pope shrugged, "don't say i didn't warn you."

"hey, i would really appreciate it if you didn't make fun of my girlfriend." JJ looked at Pope, placing an arm around Bambi when she walked over to him, "tone it down a little."

"yeah, Pope, don't make me get JJ." Bambi teased, the boy rolling his eyes in response.

still looking into the binoculars, John B lowered them, still staring into the distance, "what?"

"it's Sarah." John B told them, all their eyebrows immediately furrowing in confusion.

"she's with him?" Pope asked, just as shocked as John B was.

"you know what i hate?" Bambi began, clearly not finding any joy in waiting there, "when you think people are okay and then they turn out to be the worst people you've ever met."

"you're talking about Sarah, right?" JJ raised an eyebrow, the girl nodding.

"me and kie got tricked into staying on a boat with her for god knows how long so we could try and 'rekindle' our relationship and it just gets thrown back at us." Bambi sighed, "i haven't forgotten about the little boat incident by the way."

"wait a minute." John B stopped them, "wait, he's hurting her."

"what?"

"they're fighting." John B ruled out, passing the binoculars to Kiara.

"does that mean i have to take back what i said?" Bambi asked JJ, looking up at him.

"i won't snitch." JJ winked, making the giggle chuckle at him.

the pogues turned around when they heard the door of the Twinkie close and didn't expect John B to be inside, starting it up.

"JB, what are you doing?" Bambi asked, running towards the car as all the pogues protested him leaving, "are you crazy?!"

without saying a word, John B drove and despite there being a massive wired fence blocking his entrance onto the airstrip, he didn't care.

"don't be a hero, dude. John B!" JJ called out, everyone moving out of the way as he pressed his foot on the gas and drove through.

"John B! what are you doing?" Bambi shouted at the Twinkie that was driving away, all the pogues coming up behind her.

"what does he expect to do? stop the plane?" JJ spoke his mind, fixing the hat on his head.

John B's plan was exactly that, he didn't care if he died in the process, all he cared about was that Sarah was okay, and safe.

they watched as he used all the speed that the Twinkie had in it to get ahead of the plane and when he was in front of it, he came to a stop.

"i can't watch this." Bambi said, covering her eyes and leaning her head into JJ's chest, "why does he think he has nine lives?"

when she didn't hear anybody scream or any bang, she looked up at JJ through her fingers, "is he okay? i can't read minds!"

"he's okay." JJ told her, making her let out an instant sigh of relief, "he's a fucking idiot."

"i thought i was about to be the last Routledge." Bambi ran a hand through her hair, turning around and looking at the plane.

sirens were heard around them and the group knew that they were coming to the airstrip, "guys, i can't get arrested."

"i'm on probation." JJ sighed.

"look, we're no good if we're all in jail." Kiara decided for them, already beginning to walk away, "let's go!"

Bambi kept her eyes on the plane, wishing she had got in the van with John B so she could be over there, knowing what was about to happen.

once JJ realised she wasn't following, he turned around, "Bambs, let's go!"

she looked at JJ before looking back at the plane, the sirens getting closer, giving her less time to make her decisions.

she ran back to JJ and just as he put his hand out for her to grab, she stopped and hugged him, "i gotta make sure he's okay."

JJ knew what was about to happen, "Bambi, no, don't. come with me, he'll be okay."

"im sorry, i can't, he's my brother, i have to go." she told him, kissing him on his lips, "i'll see you later, i promise."

JJ watched as she ran off, using all of her energy she had to sprint as fast as she could. as much as he wanted to follow her, make sure she was going to be okay and protect her from ward, he couldn't.

Bambi had underestimated how far John B had driven and it didn't help that she smoked but she didn't care how many pants it took, she wasn't stopping until she got up to them.

she could see a police car had already arrived and nobody had noticed her until she shouted John B's name.

he turned around, furrowing his eyebrows at the sight of her, "Bambi, what are you doing here?"

Bambi placed her hands on her knees, trying her hardest to catch her breath, "hey, i might have broken one rule but i was the one that made up, 'no pogue left behind' and i can't break that."

John B let out a shaky laugh, nodding his head and even though he didn't show it, he was thankful that she came.

"put your hands on your head," a voice let out, making them all turn back to the conversation that Peterkin was having with Ward, a gun in her hand.

"are you kidding me, Sue?" Ward scoffed in disbelief but still placed his hands on his head.

"put your hands on your head!" she shouted again, showing how serious she was, "turn around, drop to your knees!"

Ward did exactly as he was told and dropped to his knees, peterkin grabbed her handcuffs, placing them around his wrists with a deadly glare on her face, "i don't like being used."

Bambi turned to John B and Sarah, "I'm a little late, someone explain why he's being arrested,"

"for killing Dad." John B told her, a small smile on his face at the thought of his dad getting justice.

"i waited a long time for this," Peterkin spoke and just as she was about to connect the other side of the handcuff to his wrist, he fought it.

she stood back, grabbing her gun and pointing it at him before a gunshot let out, everyone looking at Ward to see if he'd been hit.

Bambi's eyes widened as Peterkin dropped to the floor, shaky breaths being let out of her lungs as she realised herself that she wasn't the one that shot, she was the one that got shot.

before anyone could say anything else, a figure came out from behind the plane and Bambi's heart dropped at the sight of Rafe.

"Rafe.." she muttered, her body in shock to do anything else except stand there.

"Rafe, what did you do?" Ward looked at his son, just as much shock on his face as everyone else.

Rafe let out a small chuckle, his eyes filled with tears, "i saved you, Dad, i saved you."

despite having a gun pointed at him, John B was quick to move beside Peterkin and use his bandana to try and place pressure on the wound.

Bambi stared at Rafe before walking forward, "what did you do!"

"stand back!" he told her, moving to gun to point at her, making her raise her hands.

"do it, then." she told him, her voice thick, "if you're going to do it, shoot me!"

Rafe licked his lips, looking away from her. he didn't want to shoot her, he thought that they had formed somewhat of a good relationship, even if she didn't like him.

just as John B grabbed the radio to call for help, Rafe realised and stepped around Bambi, turning to gun back to John B, "don't try it, asshole."

"give me the radio." Ward told John B, crouching down so he was on his level, "give it to me."

"John B, don't you dare." Bambi shook her head, tears running down her eyes as she looked at the scene in front of her.

"shut up!" Rafe told her, turning the gun back to her, "you always get involved in everything!"

"you just shot, Peterkin!" she shouted, pointing at him, "she did nothing wrong, your dad killed my dad!"

as soon as Ward got the radio, he pushed Rafe away, showing him that he had it so Rafe didn't get the idea to shoot anyone else.

Bambi didn't care if she wasn't a part of their conversation, she wanted to get her point across, "what is wrong with you both!"

"Bambi now is not the time!" Ward snapped, walking over to her and pushing her against the plane, "shut up!"

John B stood up, walking over to them and pushing Ward before standing in front of the girl, "don't touch her!"

Bambi looked over at Peterkin, her eyes swelling up with even more tears at the sight but Peterkin only had one thing in mind for the girl to do.

"run."

as soon as she heard them words come out of her mouth, she turned to John B, grabbing his arm and pulling him, "JB, we gotta go."

she grabbed his hand and walked slowly away from Rafe and Ward, their conversation being a distraction for him and their way out.

"John B, let's go!" she told him, the two beginning their sprint because if they didn't run, they also had a chance of being shot.

AS SOON AS THE POGUES SAW JOHN B and Bambi, they immediately ran over to them to make sure that they were okay and not hurt.

JJ wrapped Bambi in the biggest hug ever, telling her how stupid she was for leaving him and making him worry so much but when he watched the girl break down in her arms, he knew much more had happened on the airstrip.

the blood that was on John B's hands and the way they both reacted when a police car drove past gave way to many signs that somebody had died and as soon as everyone relaxed a little bit more, they sat down so they could explain.

JJ sat beside Bambi, wrapping his arms around her as she stared into thin air, how Peterkin looked being stuck in her mind with no way out.

"Rafe killed Peterkin." John B told them, all of their eyes widening at his voice.

"is that her blood?" Kiara asked, making John B look down at his hands with a sigh and nod.

JJ was smoking a joint and took one last pull before passing it to Bambi, the girl giving him a small smile and a kiss on his arm as a thank you.

she took small pulls off it, staring into space and not even taking notice of the conversation was happening but when she passed the joint back to JJ and he passed it to Pope, she looked up.

"were you or were you not just telling me that i should quit?" she raised an eyebrow at him, watching as he took a pull and coughed.

"i don't care anymore." he shrugged, taking another pull no matter how much it made his chest burn, "nothing ever goes our way."

"it doesn't mean you have to smoke weed," Kiara spoke, making the boy roll his eyes at how much of a parent she was being.

"i don't think i've ever seen you smoke in my life so maybe you should tone it down a little." Bambi frowned, watching as he took as much as he could to the back of his throat.

"you smoke weed all of the time and now you're telling me I shouldn't?" Pope scoffed at the girl but he was taking it the wrong way.

"no, you're mixing up my words because i didn't say you can't do it i just said tone it down." she corrected him, folding her arms and leaning into JJ, "i don't want to look after you when your body decides to pull white."

"he'll be fine, i think he could probably out-smoke us all." JJ waved off, earning a glare from Bambi, "maybe not all of us but the majority."

Bambi decided to change the subject, it was clear that John B was not enjoying it and was clearly not interested, "how was your interview?"

"i walked out of it." Pope sighed, leaning back and taking a drag of the joint, "i had just started it and then i ran out so i could tell you all about the gold and the airstrip."

"you ran out?" John B lifted his head, his eyebrows immediately furrowing because that interview was Pope's life and he ran out of it, just for him.

"yeah, but it doesn't matter anymore." Pope shrugged, "nothing does."

"just because you smoke now doesn't mean it solves all of your problems." Bambi raised an eyebrow, leaning forward and taking the joint from him, taking her own pull, "it just makes them easier."

the group fell into a comfortable silence, Bambi got more comfortable in his arms whilst he played with her fingers, and for the first time in a while, the group was there for each other, everyone had their peace against one another.

John B stood up, an idea coming into his mind before he turned to look at Kiara, "kie, do you think your dad will let us borrow his car?"

THE GROUP LOOKED OUT OF THE WINDOW
of Kiara's dad's car, her driving, John B and Pope in the back and Bambi and JJ in the boot.

"John B, what are we doing at the police station?" JJ asked the shaken-up boy, finally realising where they had driven.

"somebody's gotta tell them what happened." John B muttered, his voice shaky.

beside him, Pope was still smoking a joint, they had stopped off at JJ's cousins on the way and since Pope paid, he had been asking JJ to keep rolling one after another.

he took a big pull of it, the smoke entering his lungs making him have a coughing fit, everyone turning their head to look at him.

"easy, chief." JJ smirked, patting his shoulder, "damn."

"what has my life come to." Bambi spoke to herself, running a hand through her hair, "JB, you want me to come?"

JJ looked at her, his eyes widening, "i'm just going to be real with you two right now. you might end up in the lion's den but you don't go there on purpose."

"it's fundamental, just like my old man always told me, you should never ever trust cops, no matter the circumstances."

"your old man's an abusive liar." Kiara scoffed.

"maybe but he's right, we shouldn't trust cops but still, you drove us here." Bambi defended, knowing that JJ's mind always went to the worst places when his dad was mentioned.

"i agree with JJ." Pope got involved, taking a drag of his joint, "fuck the police."

Bambi chuckled at the boy but Kiara was less cool about the fact he was smoking, "you goin' to the dark side now?"

"what's the last time the police helped us?" he asked her, knowing that nothing had ever gone their way, no matter how hard they tried.

"Peterkin looked out for me, okay?" John B raised his voice, stopping the conversation that was happening, "tried to, at least."

he then turned to look at Bambi, silently asking her to come with him, "they need to know."

John B began getting out of the car, making Bambi begin her journey over the seat so she could make it to the door but just as she began to get out, JJ stopped her.

"whatever you do, don't get arrested, okay?" he told her, making her nod, "your the only good thing in my life."

Bambi smiled and leaned back in the car so she could kiss him, "we won't be long."

once she left, JJ looked at Pope and Kiara who were staring at him, a weird look on their face, "that's what you call true love."

Bambi and John B entered the police station and made their way over to the reception where only one police officer was sitting, trying to get through to people on the radios.

"excuse me, ma'am," Bambi spoke, trying to get the woman's attention.

the woman was quick to dismiss them, wanting to know nothing about their current problems, "this is not a good time, kid."

Bambi sighed and looked at John B who stood there, looking down and she knew that he wouldn't leave until he told them.

"we know who shot the sheriff," he spoke, almost quiet enough for Bambi and the woman not to hear but nonetheless, the woman shot her head up to take a second look at them.

"you stay put." she told them, standing up and getting out of her seat, "i'll get a deputy."

Bambi watched as the woman ran away, leaving her eyesight unusually quickly, making her get a small feeling in her stomach.

she looked at John B, taking a deep breath in to try and calm herself, "are you sure this is a good idea?"

John B lifted his head up slowly to look at her, "i'm sure."

"central, three Vick. we have a suspect on our 31." Shoupe spoke on the radio, making Bambi turn around and pay attention, "John Routledge."

after hearing his name, John B turned around as well, walking closer and looking at Bambi to make sure he didn't mishear what was said.

"copy that. all units, be on the lookout for John B Routledge." another voice spoke from the radio and Bambi immediately knew what was going on, he was being framed.

"sixteen-year-old white male. six foot. last seen wearing board shorts, a "bad brains" t-shirt, and a faded red hoodie."

the doors opened and Bambi and John B turned their head, making eye contact with two police officers who stood there, knowing that they clearly heard the radio.

"if anyone sees his twin sister, Bambi Routledge, please bring her in as well. sixteen-year-old white female. five eight. last seen wearing jean shorts, a cropped black t-shirt and a white cardigan."

Bambi's breaths became heavy and the girl moved backwards a little, trying to reach the door, "just breathe, all right?"

John B began moving backwards, "let me see your hands, okay?"

the pair raised their hands, showing they had nothing on them, "i didn't do it, okay?"

"don't move." the male police officer told the pair, beginning to move forward.

Bambi made it to the door, opening it and swinging it open, "John B!" she shouted to him, both of them running out of the door.

"kie, start the car!" John B shouted, he and Bambi ran to the car, the police behind them.

"lock the doors!" Bambi panicked, jumping in the backseat and closing her door, pulling on the handle so nobody could open it.

everyone shouted at everyone as the female officer grabbed onto Bambi's door handle and Kiara started the car, driving off.

"open it," Pope told her, thinking fast despite being really stoned.

Bambi opened her door, hitting the police officer and making her fall onto the ground with a roll, everyone turning silent as they tried to get their breaths back.

Bambi turned around to look at the cops behind her, her breathing heavy, "well, that went well."

ELLIE TALKS¡

didnt post before or on Christmas so made sure
to make this one a little bit longer than usual.

i'm debating on making Bambi leave with John B and Sarah but i also have a good idea of what happens when he leaves.

what should i do?

don't forget to vote and comment<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

929K 15.4K 55
SEQUEL NOW UP! โš“OUTER BANKSโš“ โWhat have I done wrong, JJ? What are you running from?โž โYou're the one who should be running! You're scared of me, rem...
5.1M 111K 40
โ your ass must be jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth. โž โ i like the noise you make when you shut the fuck up. โž outer banks { jj...
14.6K 120 54
"I cant keep pretending, Darl, so what are we?" "What?" _______________________________________________ Darla and JJ have been best friends since t...
93.8K 1.7K 16
Sequel to โš“ Alone Together โš“ Outer Banks JJ Maybank//OC