The Truth After Allegiant

By TrisEaton4610

Book One +++ This book is part of a series +++ Book One [You are here] : The Truth After Allegiant Book Two... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Chicago Today
Chapter 2 - Trying to Help
Chapter 3 - Life is Strange
Chapter 4 - Stalling
Please Note!!
Chapter 5 - Waking Up
Chapter 6 - I'm Responsible
Chapter 7 - Rules
Chapter 8 - Unexpected News
Chapter 9 - Plans
Chapter 10 - Trouble
Chapter 11 - Invitations
Chapter 12 - An Adventure to the Bathroom
Chapter 13 - Birthday Idea
Chapter 14 - Secrets Revealed
Chapter 15 - Pet Store Visit
Chapter 16 - Mom?
Chapter 17 - The Wedding
Chapter 18 - Not Her Fault
Chapter 19 - The Reception
Chapter 20 - Unfortunate Reality
Chapter 21 - Party Prep
Chapter 22 - Research
Chapter 23 - The Puppy
Chapter 24 - New Arrivals
Chapter 25 - Mysterious TV
Chapter 26 - Thoughts and Confusion
Chapter 27 - Deaths?
Chapter 28 - All At Once
Chapter 29 - Amity Much?
Chapter 30 - Painful Love
Please Read!!!
Chapter 31 - Flashbacks
Chapter 32 - Fate of Us
Chapter 33 - Erudite
Chapter 34 - Here We Go
Chapter 35 - Bad Luck
Chapter 36 - Can't Be Good
Chapter 37 - This Isn't a Hospital
Chapter 38 - Rough Decisions
Chapter 39 - My Little Brother
Chapter 40 - Who?
Chapter 41- I Refuse
Chapter 42 - Awake
Chapter 43 - Worth It?
Chapter 44 - Success
Hear Me Out Guys
Chapter 45 - Telling
Chapter 46 - Is She...?
Chapter 47 - I Have To
Chapter 48 - Files?
Chapter 49 - The Truth
Chapter 50 - Gone
Chapter 51 - Wet Dog
Chapter 52 - Only Begun
Chapter 53 - Nightmare
Chapter 54 - Right into Place
Chapter 55 - Can it?
Chapter 56 - Watch and Wait
Chapter 57 - Back to Chicago
Chapter 58 - Some Hope
Chapter 60 - Stupidity
Chapter 61 - Make Sure of It
Chapter 62 - How?
Chapter 63 - Dauntless Compound?
Chapter 64 - Four More Days
Chapter 65 - Stay Silent
Chapter 66 - What if They Already Know...?
Chapter 67 - I Don't Care
Chapter 68 - Holy Crap
Chapter 69 - Your and My Deaths
~Epilogue~
Trivia!
Thank You!!
~Final Note~
Learning to Trust
200K

Chapter 59 - I'm Done

3.6K 120 42
By TrisEaton4610

So... New cover guys! (See attached pic) Is it a big yes, a yeah no, or a eh... I'm probably going to change it up a little over time still until I'm happy, so give me some constructive criticism on it for another cover! Thanks and enjoy chap 59 everyone! 😊

Chapter 59 - I'm Done

Tris

I sit up groaning as the dim lights shutter to life.

My leg is all cramped up, just a like every morning.

I make an attempt to move it to get the cramp to subside, but it just makes it worse. I give up with that and lay back down, staring at the stone celling.

I wonder what room is above me?

Is it that room he took me to before where a dozen men beat and abused me?

Is it that room where I was taken to get those painful, dreadful files done?

No, that one was below me...at least I think it was below me...

The question I've been wondering for who knows how long pops back up in my head:

How big is this place?

Like seriously, I've been down so many hallways and in so many rooms that can't even remember no matter how hard I try to.

I wonder if that's where he has my family; in one of those rooms.

They can't be dead.

He must be taunting me with that. Holding the information over my head; making me have to jump to get it although I know I cannot reach it.

I just hope that Cara hasn't had the baby.

It's too young still if she has had it.

The baby probably wouldn't make it, either from being premature or having David get to her.

I hope David hasn't hurt my mother again.

I hope Caleb and my father are okay. David never seemed to care too much about hurting them, but he has threatened them before, and he also changes in the blink of an eye.

I just hope they're all safe.

Well, as safe as you can get inside this place.

The door to my right creaks open. David walks in carrying a tray of who knows what.

It's unusual that he didn't slam the door open like he usually does.

Maybe he just didn't want to drop the stuff on the tray.

Maybe he was hoping I wasn't awake so he could sneak in and do whatever he desired and then move on with his life.

David comes up to my cell and sets down the tray of stuff he has on the ground. He fiddles with the keys for a moment, then unlocks my cell.

"Morning there, Beatrice." he says bending down and picking up his tray. I cannot make out what is on it, but I'm assuming that whatever it is, it can't be good for me.

He pulls out handcuffs from his pocket and attaches the one end to my left ankle and the other end to the bar like he's done before.

Then he pulls out another pair of handcuffs. He attaches one end to my right wrist, and the other to the bars between my and Cara's cell.

What is he planning on doing?

I want to ask him questions, but I'd rather save my breath and not risk getting beaten, well, more than it looks like he plans on right now.

He turns and grabs the tray and puts it closer to himself. I can now make out that there is two objects on it.

One I recognize from the simulation rooms back in Dauntless, but it's much bigger; needle and serum inside.

But David knows I'm divergent. I don't think that he would even try with a simulation or anything like that.

Would he?

I doubt it.

The other thing I cannot figure out what it is, but I recognize it. It honestly is bothering me on how obvious of what it is but how I can't figure out what it is.

David picks up the needle and smirks at me.

"Don't worry, this will only hurt a lot. I will make sure it will hurt even more if you move." he says still smirking.

He grabs my shoulder tightly and out of instinct I shake him off. He whips around quickly and grabs the other object. He dumps half the thing over my left leg and rubs it with his other hand.

I scream at the top of my lungs.

That's what it was.

Salt.

My vision blurs at the edges as I scream to keep sanity. I feel the little grains of salt seep into my open-wounded leg as he rubs, pinches, squeezes and slaps my leg. I just continue to scream and I feel like I cannot do anything other than scream. Every muscle in my body except for my mouth, throat and chest go completely still as the stinging burn in my leg takes over my whole body.

David's hand leaves my leg as he whips back around and picks up the needle. Then he grabs my shoulder again and before I can even think about moving the needle is deep into my forearm. A cry escapes my mouth as a new pain takes over my body in my forearm along with the continued stinging burn in my leg.

He unhooked my hand from the handcuff, but leaves my left leg attached to the other cell. He stands and collects the tray with the salt and empty needle on top of it. Just before he steps out of the room he kicks my leg one last time; hard.

I scream out from not only the continued stinging burning sensation from the salt a few minutes earlier, but now the force of his kick is enough to make me pray for unconsciousness.

"Please--" I croak.

David turns around and raises an eyebrow at me.

"Just kill me already. I-- I'm done. You win. Just please-- kill me. I'm already closer to death than life, just kill me. Please."

David chuckles. "Silly girl. You think I would just kill you right off the bat like that? Ha. I told you three months ago that if you showed disrespect or anything along those lines I would make you pay the most long, slow, painful death possible. That doesn't just involve me killing you right on the spot." He says.

He re-locks my cell and goes out the same door he came in.

I finally let all of my emotions out, every last one of then that has built up inside of me. I let out a loud cry or a scream I cannot tell the difference. I let out all of the times I stayed strong, when I didn't scream, when I didn't cry out, when I acted like I didn't care. All of that I let out in one loud scream.

I don't stop when my lungs burn, when my throat dries, when I heart pounds, when my head throbs. I don't stop.

I want to die.

I'm done on this world.

I'm never going to get out of here.

No one will ever get me out of here, and I cannot do it alone.

My family is gone.

My friends back home have no clue I'm here.

I am done.

Please.

Let me die.

I'm done.

A/N-

Heyyy Humans!!

Is it sad I just realized I do that whole Hi/ Hey humans thing every chapter?! Lol I don't even know how I started that, but I guess it stuck.

Should I keep doing it?

I'm going away next Saturday, so I'll probably pre-write chapters during the car ride for future weeks! 😄

I have the ability to because I won't be sitting next to my sister or grandma (they both are really nosey) and I would be like smushed between the two of them, so instead we are putting up the one seat that's basically in the trunk so now I can have all the peace to writing I want! 😄😄

🔆🔆🔆🔆Should I keep updates on Fridays or do you think I should change the day of the week I update? I feel like everyone updates on Fridays, so maybe I'll do like Monday or Tuesday to help you all get through the week? Let me know!!🔆🔆🔆🔆🔆

Anyways...

28k reads!! <4 <4 <4

Thanks for reading!

Don't forget...

Vote!

and

Comment!

and

Be brave because I <4 you all so so much! 😎😎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 662 25
Highest rank: #195 in Divergent "One day you'll meet the girl, you swore you'd never find. Start feeling things you never felt and spending all your...
153K 3.1K 53
Tris has just finished her initiation. She's having a hard time getting used to all the dauntless. But mostly, having a hard time in her new relation...
297K 7.3K 50
What if Tris didn't die in Allegiant but everyone else thinks she's dead. What will she do now that she has survived? Will she ever find her way back...
2.1K 36 11
Note: If you haven't read Allegiant by Veronica Roth, this story contains spoilers!! ALLEGIANT - ALTERNATE ENDING. I wrote this a few years ago when...