Son of a Monster (Michael Aft...

By justakidfrom

-> Art was made by @HammyChu122! Their instagram is @steamed_hamm!! You are a new kid that just came from Cal... More

Chapter 1: Unwelcomed
Chapter 2: Food Fight
Chapter 3: Dinner With The Aftons
Chapter 4: Saturday Stroll
Chapter 5: He Warned You
Chapter 6: Detention
Chapter 7: Dinner Date
Chapter 8: Save Me
Chapter 9: Odd Behavior
Chapter 10: Fight! Fight!
Chapter 11: Hanging Out?
Chapter 12: Learning About You
Chapter 13: He's Full of Surpises
Chapter 14: Freddy's
Chapter 15: Sneaking Around
Chapter 16: Michael Finds Out the Truth
Chapter 17: Seeking Comfort
Chapter 18: Not so Casual Day
Chapter 19: Breaking Point
Chapter 20: Dreadful Conversations
Chapter 21: Long Night
Chapter 22: Arguement
Chapter 23: Angry Afton's
Chapter 24: Pizzeria
Chapter 25: Stressed Out
Chapter 26: Suspicious
Chapter 27: Survive The Night
Chapter 28: Victim
Chapter 29: Ouch
Chapter 30: Actually Awake
Chapter 31: Explanation
Chapter 32: True Mystery
Chapter 33: Run, Run
Chapter 34: On The Run
Chapter 35: An Unusual Turn of Events
Chapter 36: Watched
Chapter 37: A Trap
Chapter 38: Two Idiots
Chapter 39: Unbelievable
Chapter 40: Goodbye to You
Chapter 41: Settling
Chapter 42: Dinner Drama
Chapter 43: Blissful Surprise
Chapter 44: The Deed and The Consequence
Chapter 45: Boy's a Goner
Chapter 46: Speedy
Chapter 47: Outsmarted
Chapter 48: Tension
Chapter 49: Tricks
Chapter 50: Running Out of Time
Chapter 51: Fatal Endings
Chapter 52: Found
Chapter 53: When to Cease
Chapter 54: Looking For You
Chapter 55: I Just Died in your Arms Tonight
Chapter 57: Special Treatment
Chapter 58: Bring Life
Chapter 59: Ghost
Chapter 60: Mind Games
Chapter 61: Impending Doom
Chapter 62: Haunted

Chapter 56: Welcome Home

1.4K 50 181
By justakidfrom

A/N:
Sorry if I took a little while. Y'all will seriously not believe me when I say the Wattpad curse struck again. My sister had stomach surgery and I am dealing with the flu 🥰

__________________________

"I think we should all talk about this in the dining ro—"

Michael immediately rushed down the stairs, he was practically running at you. You felt fear, panicking that he was going to smack you or hurt you. You hadn't fully recovered from him actually hitting you.

As soon as Michael raised his arms up, a few inches from you, you panicked and backed away, opening the door and backing out. You stared at the group from the garage with your breath rapid.

He looked disappointed. You swallowed your feeling of guilt. It wasn't your fault you felt so scared.

"Y/N, I wasn't going to hurt you." Michael's face was wounded by your actions. You could see Elizabeth staring at you, quizzically, and Henry sympathizing.

"...oh."

You stared at each other for what felt like hours. You didn't dare step any closer or further, still keeping your distance in the garage. Your head pounded from the memories of his abuse.

"Elizabeth, I think Michael and Y/N would like some privacy. Why don't we get some ice cream?" Henry half-smiled, looking at the confused girl on the staircase.

Instantly, she jumped. Passing through Michael and Henry, she ran to the door and into the garage where you were, waiting at Henry's car.

"I'm ready!"

Henry muttered something to Michael that you couldn't hear and made his way to the car. With his keys, he quickly unlocked it for the two of them and they were quickly off to the ice cream shop.

The door was still open. There was about fifteen feet between you and Michael. But it felt much more vulnerable. You didn't like how it was just you two.

"Y/N, will you please step inside? Aren't you cold?"

"I'm fine where I am." You folded your arms, fighting the chills that were seeping into your freezing body. It was very cold out and the garage door had been left open.

Michael simply stared at you. You felt like a thousand eyes were watching. You hadn't felt his gaze in months. It was disturbing and unsettling.

"I've been looking everywhere for y—"

"You hit me."

Michael stuttered, "A lot was happening at the time!"

"You hit me."

Michael couldn't find any excuse for his behavior. He tried to explain himself, but nothing could excuse what he had done to you.

"Y/N, if I could take it back I would! I know you were just trying to help me. I was just really emotional." He hinted towards the subject of Chris, you felt a heaviness in your chest.

Nonetheless, his words can't take back what he'd done. You had to go to a psych ward because of him! He hurt you so bad you had a concussion!

You scoffed. "Nothing you say will make me forgive you."

He was speechless. You glared at him, slightly shivering, but petty enough to stay in the garage. Michael looked near tears, but he refused to look away.

"What can I do to make it up to you?" Michael practically pleaded.

"Nothing."

"Please, give me another chance. I can't lose you too." His last words came out as a mutter, but you still caught them. A part of you started to sympathize, feeling that what you were doing was a bit extreme. However, another part of you felt he deserved this. And you were caught battling yourself.

God, When will Henry be home?

You shifted in your stance, contemplating his words. Though, a sudden flashback of being slammed into the wall made your choice easy. "After how you hurt me? Never." You eyed him. "Do you know where I've been all this time? What I have gone through?" Michael froze, looking fearful of your words. "I haven't left the hospital in months because of you! I had to spend my days in a ward, all because you hit me! Do you know how awful those places are?! I cried nearly everyday!"

"I'm sorry! I didn't know where—"

"Sorry isn't enough, Michael! You can't expect to walk back into my life after all the damage you've caused me. Hell, I wouldn't be so traumatized right now if I had never met you!"

You could barely breathe by the time you were done. Michael had looked as miserable as when he found Chris' body. You felt no guilt, mostly. There was a tiny part of you whispering to just drop it and hug him.

You counted it as intrusive thoughts.

Michael was silent for a long time. "...So there is no way you'll forgive me?"

You don't know why, but those words struck a cord. His tone was so sad. You had never seen Michael so down before. All the joy you had ranting about your struggles was gone.

"No." You looked away. "And for me to heal, I can't stay here."

"W-what?! Y/N, that's insane! We're your family!" Michael's eyes nearly popped out. It appeared this was going to be another, long argument.

"Maybe. But I can't stay here. There's too many bad memories." You cringed, looking at the couch. "Like shit, Michael! Scotty's corpse was there just a few months ago!"

How could anyone even sit there? You would have to throw that thing and burn it. This whole house was just a place of bad memories, like the room where William...

You shuttered.

He looked at the couch, also looking displeased. "I know! Money's tight right now, Y/N! My father took care of us, all of our lives, and Henry has a family himself!"

You felt bad for Elizabeth. This isn't how she should grow up. "Shouldn't you get your dad's inheritance? Where did all of his money go?"

"He was a criminal. People like him get their money confiscated by the government. We get nothing."

You and Michael were at a standstill. You really didn't want to leave him and Elizabeth in a bad place. You would feel selfish if you left for your own good, and Elizabeth was suffering. She didn't deserve that. She had suffered enough.

"Henry won't give you guys money?" You tried your last resort, anything to get you out of staying.

"Of course he has! But splitting his money between two families doesn't work well. And Henry's business is dying, especially after people found out his partner was a murderer."

A million thoughts ran through your mind. If you stay, how could you even help? A minimum wage job won't get you far...

You really should've finished high school.

Still, earning money for them was better than nothing. Though you still harbored resentment towards Michael, you didn't want him working to death.

Sighing, you took a few steps forward. Now standing in the doorway. "I'm going to stay."

Again, he looked appalled. "What? Why?"

"Elizabeth shouldn't grow up worrying about when she'll eat next."

Michael's astonished look turned into a smile. You could see the pleased look on his face. "This doesn't mean I forgive you."

"I know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.8K 1.6K 70
(Alternate Universe Story Coming Soon...) (Y/N) would describe herself as an embodiment of bad luck; blood and death surround her and she is a harbin...
433K 8.6K 26
‼️⚠️⚠️⚠️💥FEMALE READER💥⚠️⚠️⚠️‼️ About: The Aftons move in next door and you're acquainted with the family. Quickly becoming friends with michael, b...
234K 4.1K 63
**disclaimers in first part** the afton's were always looked up to as a "model family". they were successful and appeared polite and well disciplined...
59.8K 1K 43
Y/n and her dad decided to move to Hurricane, Utah and leave their shity hometown for a fresh start and besides the school that y/n would be going t...