𝐂𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚 [�...

By thebestwriterintown

ᴄᴇʀᴀᴜɴᴏᴘʜɪʟɪᴀ [ᶠᵒⁿᵈⁿᵉˢˢ ᵒʳ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʰᵘⁿᵈᵉʳ ᵃⁿᵈ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗⁿⁱⁿᵍ] 𝐋𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐞 𝐙𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐧-𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐰𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐞... More

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 - 𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓
𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏𝐒
𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏𝐒
𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐂 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏𝐒
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ━━ 𝐅𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐚𝐧 𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ━━ 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐧
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ━━ 𝐆𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐑𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ━━ 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ━━ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐈𝐬 𝐁𝐨𝐫𝐧
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ━━ 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ━━ 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐯𝐬. 𝐀𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ━━ 𝐑𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍 ━━ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐮𝐫𝐲
𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 - 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐋𝐄𝐗𝐈𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐄𝐃𝐃𝐘
𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐒𝐔𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍!
𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ━━ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐘𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐒𝐮𝐢𝐭

138 8 1
By thebestwriterintown

Third person POV 

Lexie has always hated much above life and grown up with one constant emotion. Wrath. But, in these times, it's larger than usual. Because it's Christmas Eve in a few days. She's not much for holidays or emotions. But Christmas is the worst of it all for her. 

"Lexie?" Caitlin speaks up softly. 

Lexie glances up, seeing Caitlin enter the med-room where she sits. She sits on the hospital bed in the med-room, enjoying the solitude. But she doesn't mind Caitlin's presence. It could have been worse. It could have been Barry Allen. 

"I do not like Christmas. I hate it. I hate company, emotions, and people. To me, it's utterly meaningless." Lexie retorts emotionlessly, speaking the plain truth. 

Caitlin smiles softly. "Then why do you go through it?" 

"For my brother. He likes it, for unknown reasons. And so does my father, or used to. Since his wife, my mother, died, he does not quite enjoy holidays as he used to. But we both do it anyway. For Teddy." Lexie explains emotionlessly, her tone void of emotion. 

Caitlin nods slightly, smiling gently. 

⚡⚡⚡⚡

Lexie's moment of solitude and silence is interrupted by Barry who speeds inside the Cortex. She inhales sharply to keep her temper under control before walking out of the med-room and into the Cortex, seeing Barry smile widely at her. She's just surprised that his wide and large smile hasn't cracked his face yet. 

"Merry Christmas. Uh, just a small token of my gratitude for everything you guys have done for me." Barry speaks as he hands out Christmas presents. 

"I think I speak on behalf of my colleagues and children when I say you've been a gift for us, Barry." Wells speaks.  

Lexie glares emotionlessly. "The only thing he's been is a repulsive gift. A gift nobody wishes for. Keep your gift. Your pathetic attempt to win us over has failed, Allen." She speeds out of the Cortex. 

"Did I say something wrong?" Barry questions quietly. 

Caitlin shakes her head. "No, um-" 

"Lexie hates holidays. She always has. Even before her mother died." Wells speaks up in a matter-of-fact tone before rolling out of the Cortex to go find his daughter. 

Barry exhales before turning to Teddy with a confused frown. "Aren't you gonna follow him and go to your sister?" He questions. 

"No. It isn't my business. It's a father-daughter bonding moment. Or my father's attempt at bonding. Lexie doesn't exactly like bonding." Teddy speaks. 

Barry nods slightly. 

⚡⚡⚡⚡

Lexie stands in the Time Vault, looking through records of the future with the help of Gideon. The only place where she can truly be alone and experience utterly solitude. And she enjoys the moments of solitude. She doesn't get much with her father and brother being around all the time. And definitely not with Eddie Thawne having her phone number. 

Wells rolls in and the door closes behind him. Lexie is aware of his presence, finding herself irritated as she knows he's gonna try to have a heart-to-heart which she doesn't desire to have any part of, but doesn't acknowledge him. 

"Are you okay?" 

Lexie hums dismissively. She keeps her eyes on the screen. "Gideon, show me my birth certificate. Look if there are any connections to the other Earths in the multiverse. Look for connections with other people in the multiverse. Anything unusual."

"What are you-" Wells begins, furrowing his eyebrows slightly. 

"I found it, Ms. Zolomon-Thawne." Gideon speaks up, interrupting the male Thawne speedster, as the birth certificate appears. "Alexandra Hunter Destiny Zolomon-Thawne. Daughter of Eobard Thawne and Helena Zolomon. Fraternal twin sister of Thaddeus Eobard Zolomon-Thawne. Would you like me to go further into your maternal family tree? There are some interesting individuals." 

"Yes." Lexie clarifies. 

Wells inhales sharply, knowing he'll have to tell his daughter the truth now. And his son too, since Lexie wouldn't lie to his face or keep secrets from him. No matter how proud he is of how Lexie is like how he was a teenager, too smart for his own good, he sometimes despises it. It makes it impossible to keep secrets for long. 

"Hunter Zolomon, son of James Zolomon and Ashley Zolomon. Younger twin brother of Helena Zolomon. Your maternal uncle. A serial killer on Earth-2. According to my records, he will make an appearance in 2015." Gideon informs. 

Lexie stares emotionlessly at Gideon. 

"Why does he come?" Dr. Wells questions coldly in a defensive tone. 

Lexie glances over at him. She knows he clearly has some sentimental issues. She sees how alike her father and twin brother are. Sometimes, it makes her feel like an outsider. A part of her hopes to meet her uncle and maybe see that she can see herself in him. Then she wouldn't feel like a black sheep. She would feel like a Zolomon. A true Zolomon. 

"Any more information on Hunter Zolomon or Earth-2?" Lexie questions. 

Dr. Wells glances over at his daughter, furrowing his eyebrows slightly in worry and concern. He loves his daughter for who she is and how she is, but sometimes, he wishes she would open up more like Teddy goes. 

"The particle accelerator gave them two speedsters. The Flash and Zoom. Zoom is a serial killer and known as the Speed Demon. An interesting fact, on the crime scene where he killed some scientists, they weren't able to do tests on the DNA traces he left behind. They don't have the technology to recognize speedster DNA. Would you like me to point out a guess?" Gideon questions. 

"Yes." Lexie answers without hesitation. 

"Hunter Zolomon. After being arrested as a serial killer, he was convicted on 23 counts of murder and sent to Saint Perez Mental Asylum for the Criminally Insane. He was given daily electroshock therapy in hope to cure his so-called 'urges'. When the particle accelerator exploded underground, waves of dark matter went through the city and reached Hunter Zolomon. The wave of dark matter hit while he was given his daily therapy, turning him into a speedster. Turning Hunter Zolomon into Zoom." Gideon continues. 

Dr. Wells exhales. 

"So, nice uncle." Lexie comments snarkily. "I'll stop complaining about Eddie Thawne now. He may only be a surrogate type-of uncle, but at least he's not a serial killer." 

Dr. Wells eyes his daughter softly before narrowing his eyes at Gideon. 

"What?" Lexie questions sharply. 

"Gideon, they examined his mental health. They did tests. What did the test results say?" Dr. Wells demands harshly, knowing Hunter Zolomon would be a danger to his daughter. 

"He is the second generation, suffering from the Zolomon legacy. Schizophrenia. It started with James Zolomon and ended with Hunter Zolomon. Supposedly. Seeing as Ms. Zolomon-Thawne and Mr. Zolomon-Thawne's grandfather had the illness, they have a 3% chance. But, seeing Ms. Zolomon-Thawne's higher mutation status than your son has, Dr. Wells, the chance is increased. I looked through the timelines and in many of those, Ms. Zolomon-Thawne suffers from the illness." Gideon informs. 

Dr. Wells glares sharply. "That's enough, Gideon." 

Gideon turns off. 

Lexie lets out a low exhale that she did not know she was keeping. She slowly glances over at her father, expecting pity but he's one of the few to manage to genuinely surprise her as she sees worry and concern and hints of anxiety on his face. 

"Based on your reaction, I would think you are the one with potential schizophrenia in the future." Lexie comments. 

Dr. Wells chuckles slightly at her attempts at lightening the mood. 

"You are my daughter. My little girl. My baby girl. You'll always be my baby. My...sweetheart. I'll always worry about you. About you having to meet this schizophrenic, psychotic uncle. And about you having to get schizophrenia. Will the medication even work? You are not human. Not even meta-human. Mutation. What if the Negative Speed Force inside you will reject the medication?" Dr. Wells rambles worriedly. 

Lexie stares at him blankly. Despite her lack of reactions and emotions, a thousand hundreds of thoughts go through her mind. She has never come this close to a heart-to-heart moment with anyone. Not even her brother. But now she has it, with her father. 

"I don't hate you." Lexie declares. "I never did. I was just...angry. I had the right. You left. For revenge. Thawne vengeance does not sound appealing. But I don't want to hate you or make you think that."

Dr. Wells turns to her. "Alexithymia. You don't know how to express it in words, do you? Your emotions, I mean. How to properly feel and know what to feel." 

Lexie nods slowly. 

"I was the same when I was your age. I had no friends. All I cared about was science. Everyone else cared about friendships, families, love, grades. Grades did not matter to me. I just wanted knowledge and science. Physics was my passion and still is." Dr. Wells speaks. 

Lexie's blank look turns neutral. "Physics is great." She agrees. 

Dr. Wells turns to her, smiling slightly. 

⚡⚡⚡⚡

Lexie and Dr. Wells goes back to the Cortex, seeing Barry and Joe there. They share a look before Lexie clears her throat loudly in the coldest way. Barry flinches slightly, his green-colored eyes widening before he looks at the father-daughter duo. Dr. Wells sends Lexie a grateful smile. 

Lexie gives him a short nod acknowledgment. 

"Why are you here?" Lexie interrogates. 

Dr. Wells smiles slightly, hearing her tone sounding defensive and rude. But he doesn't care to scold or correct her. He doesn't want her to be anyone else. She's being herself and she should never have to be ashamed of that. 

"Well? You heard her." Dr. Wells speaks up. 

Barry looks slightly confused. "Um...I-I...." 

"We don't have the whole day." Lexie sasses, crossing her arms. 

Joe exhales, crossing his arms. "The man who killed Barry's mother is back. A speedster. Yellow suit. The Man in the Yellow Suit." He explains. 

Dr. Wells nods slightly. 

"What does this have to do with us?" Lexie comments snarkily. "Yes, I understand, he killed CSI Allen's mother, but that happens. Death is not abnormal. It's a casualty. And are you not a grownup man?" She turns to Barry. 

Barry gapes in disbelief. "I-" 

"Enough." Dr. Wells interrupts harsher than intended, his words directed toward Barry as he gives the green-eyed speedster a warning look. 

Lexie stares emotionlessly at Barry. He swears he could see the smugness in her eyes for a second before they turn back to emotionless and void of any emotion. He quickly looks away, imitated by her emotionless dark blue eyes. He would prefer if her eyes were just cold. 

"The witness described seeing a yellow blur." Teddy clarifies. 

Joe nods. "Like the one that killed Barry's mother." He agrees. 

Lexie clears her throat. "Still, what does that have to do with us? With my family? My f- dad and brother should not have to be involved in Allen family drama." She brushes it off. 

"I will buy Big Belly Burger if you just try to-" Cisco begins. 

"Done." Lexie interrupts quickly. 

Cisco smiles pleased. "See, Barry? You just have to try and find out the right thing to say to make Lexie agree." 

"She hates me." Barry disagrees. 

"Yes, I do." Lexie confirms. 

Cisco clears his throat. "Anyway... We need to get cracking and stop this speed psycho. That- I wasn't trying to give him a name." He puts the polka pig inside his mouth. 

Lexie glances over at the polka pig. It has three colors. Red, white, and green. 

"The crime scene at Mercury Labs was on a floor with highly secured vaults. And the witness said he was looking for something." Barry speaks up. 

Dr. Wells exhales, rolling toward the computer. "Whatever it was, he wanted it badly enough to kill for it." 

"Dr. Wells, what do you know about Mercury Labs?" Joe questions. 

"Mercury was one of S.T.A.R. Labs' major competitors until our little setback...and then it catapulted to the forefront, led by...Dr. Christina McGee, brilliant but egocentric physicist." Dr. Wells speaks, pulling up a picture of Christina McGee on a newspaper side about Mercury Labs. 

Joe turns around to look at the screen. 

"It says here, Dr. McGee has secured half a billion dollars in private funding...to develop, and I quote, 'prototypes for the technology of the future'." Cisco speaks up. 

Dr. Wells rubs his jaw slightly. "Well, I'll be... Tina's messing with tachyons." 

Joe turns to Dr. Wells questioningly. 

"Superluminal particles." Lexie summarizes shortly. 

Dr. Wells sends his daughter a proud smile before he glances over at Joe, watching the detective nodding slowly. 

"Of course. So, what could someone do with one of those...?" Joe trails off. 

"Tachyons." Dr. Wells helps him out. 

"Thank you." Joe nods shortly. 

Dr. Wells sighs. "Well, I don't know. Become invincible. If you could devise a matrix stable enough to harness their power, you could...travel faster than light." 

"He's gonna try again." Barry concludes. "So we need to get what Mercury Labs has and use it as a lure." 

"Exactly right. Cisco, Caitlin, start engineering a trap." Dr. Wells instructs. "

"You got it." Cisco speaks. 

"Of course." Caitlin answers softly. 

Dr. Wells rolls away from the computer, signaling for Lexie to follow him. Teddy gives his twin sister a questioning look as she walks past him. Lexie simply gives him a blank look before following her father. 

"What did I miss..." Teddy mutters quietly to himself. 

⚡⚡⚡⚡

Lexie and Teddy end up following their father to the Central City Police Department where Dr. Wells and Barry are meeting up with Christina McGee. Lexie would have preferred not to be there, but she knows she can get an escape through the blue-eyed detective. He should be here somewhere. Otherwise, she can bother Captain Singh or Joe. 

Barry shakes Christina's hand with a polite smile. "Barry Allen. Thank you for coming in." 

"Dr. Tina McGee." Christina greets back. She raises her eyebrows. "I assume this is about last night's break-in?" She questions before glancing over at Dr. Wells. 

"Yes and no." Dr. Wells retorts. 

Christina gives him a slight smile. "That's usually how things are with you, Harrison." 

"We believe that whoever broke in was after one of your prototypes." Barry speaks up, pulling Christina's attention back to him. 

"You'll have to narrow that down. We have literally hundreds of projects in development." Christina tells him. 

Barry crosses his arms, glancing over at Dr. Wells. He glances back at Christina. "One containing tachyonic particles." He clarifies. 

Christina nods slightly. "We've had encouraging success with tachyons, yes...but there's still a significant gap between our prototype and any real-life application." 

Dr. Wells takes a sip of his coffee, eyeing Christina. 

"We were hoping you would lend us your prototype to use as a lure." Barry speaks. 

Christina turns to Dr. Wells, raising her eyebrows skeptically. "Us? You're assisting the police now, Harrison?" 

Dr. Wells lifts his shoulders slightly. "I'm a consultant on this particular case." He hands off his thermos to Lexie. "Listen, Tina, once this man is apprehended, your prototype will be promptly returned. You know nobody wants to ensure the future's technology more than me and my daughter." 

Christina stares blankly at Dr. Wells before turning back to Barry. "I appreciate the C.C.P.D.'s concerns, Mr. Allen...but Mercury is quite capable of protecting its own assets. Good luck with your manhunt." She finalized before leaving.  

Lexie fiddles with the thermos in her hands. 

Dr. Wells notices her movements and reaches out his hand to put it over her pale-featured soft-skinned fingers. Lexie stiffens slightly at the contact. 

⚡⚡⚡⚡

The next day, in the early morning, after hearing about Barry's encounter with the speedster in a yellow suit who killed Barry's mother, the twins and their father meet up at the Cortex with Joe and Barry. Meanwhile, Cisco and Caitlin focus on fixing the trap. 

"He acted like he knew me, like we'd done this before." Barry speaks. 

"He was antagonizing you, Barry." Joe tells him. 

Barry breathes out heavily. "I-I would get close, and he'd just pull away. I mean, this was just some sick game to him."

"You'll catch him. We'll help." Dr. Wells assures. 

"No, you don't get it, all right? His speed, it's beyond me. I'm not the fastest man alive. He is. So how do we catch somebody that even I can't keep up with?" Barry questions, raising his voice in frustration. 

"The beautiful thing about force fields, Mr. Allen, is they're impervious to speed. Now, we're almost finished fabricating the trap. All that remains is for Detective West to procure the bait." Dr. Wells finalizes. 

Joe crosses his arms, glancing over at Barry. "I'm on it." 

Barry begins to follow Joe when the West man begins to walk toward the exit of the Cortex, not wanting to stay behind. 

"Barry, why don't you stay here?" Joe suggests. 

"No, Joe, today is not the day to tell me to stay behind." Barry mutters bitterly as he follows Joe, unaware of the look that Joe and Dr. Wells share. 

"He's losing it." Lexie speaks up after Barry and Joe leave. 

⚡⚡⚡⚡ 

A few hours later, Barry and Joe come back to the Cortex. Cisco is also there, having finished building the trap already. Cisco looks at the trap on the computer through one of the building's surveillance cameras. 

"The tachyon device is in place." Cisco speaks up. 

"You think it'll work?" Barry questions. 

Cisco nods slightly. "It'll work." He confirms before he walks out of the Cortex, leaving them in silence. 

"So how do we advertise to him that the prototype's here?" Lexie questions. 

Dr. Wells presses his lips together, leaning back on the wheelchair as he crosses his arms. "We'll take care of that." 

Barry nods slightly. He looks over at Joe, then back at Dr. Wells. He glances slightly between them. He also glances over at the twins. Lexie's expression is emotionless as usual but Teddy's expression is like Joe and Dr. Wells' expressions. Barry frowns slightly. "What's the problem?" 

Dr. Wells glances over at Joe, letting him handle it. 

Joe looks back at Dr. Wells before slowly glancing over at Barry, shifting slightly. "Look, Barry...me and Dr. Wells has spoken...and we think it would be best if you weren't here for this... It would be better if you go with Lexie and Teddy." 

"What are you talking about?" Barry questions blankly. 

"You're too close to this." Joe tries to express it lightly. 

Barry narrows his eyes. "Well, maybe you're not close enough. If you hadn't been too scared and warned me that he was here weeks ago...I could have been prepared for this." 

"I think we can appreciate Joe's concern for Iris, Barry." Dr. Wells speaks up calmly. 

Barry glances at him, about to speak up but sees Lexie behind her father. He notices how her emotionlessly dark eyes go even darker. He did not think it would be possible for Lexie's eyes to get darker but they are. He swallows slightly before clearing his throat and turning to Joe, not daring to risk fueling Lexie's wrath. 

"That's why I have to be here. I'm the best chance at catching this guy." Barry snaps. 

"Not right now, not in this state." Joe fires back sternly. 

Barry inhales sharply. "This man stabbed my mother through the heart and sent my father to prison for it. This is my fight." He begins calmly but raises his voice. 

Joe shakes his head, keeping the stern look. "Not today, son." 

Barry sighs defeated. He looks at Dr. Wells for help but the doctor offers him none. Dr. Wells simply stares emotionlessly at Barry, making the green-eyed speedster swallow and sees the similarity between the doctor and his daughter. He roughly grabs his coat, about to walk out of the Cortex, but turns to Lexie. 

Teddy raises his eyebrows in surprise. He knows of his twin sister's dislike for Barry Allen and she never bothers to hide that dislike. She has a dislike-hatred relationship with Barry and everyone sees that clearly. 

"You wanna go somewhere...with me? Just us?" Barry questions, his tone softening slightly. 

Lexie stares emotionlessly for a long moment, enjoying torturing him as she sees him growing nervous and anxious. Just as he bites his bottom lip in anxiety and nervosity, she finally decides to speak up after torturing him for a moment. 

"Why not?" Lexie simply agrees. 

Barry nods slightly, watching her grab her black-colored leather jacket and walk toward the exit of the Cortex. Barry follows behind her, reminding Teddy of an obedient and blindly loyal and devoted dog. 

⚡⚡⚡⚡

Lexie quickly begins to realize that she does in fact tolerate Barry Allen's presence. Or, more like his money's presence. She hasn't thought of how much a forensic scientist earns in salary per month. The fact that he gets this payment every month while living in Joe's house, meaning he now has extra money since he doesn't pay for rent and food. Maybe she can use him, after all. 

"I'm sorry." Barry mutters. 

Lexie pauses in her movement. From this far, he hasn't done much for her. At least nothing that is worth holding a personal grudge against him for. 

"How I acted at S.T.A.R. Labs." Barry clarifies, sipping his coke. "It's just...a very sensitive subject. I want to catch this guy. He has been terrible. Killing my mom, putting my dad in prison. Don't get me wrong, I love Joe and I love living with Joe, but I miss my mom." He confesses. 

Lexie stares emotionlessly. "I think you're mistaking me for your therapist." She retorts. 

Barry chuckles softly, his mood softening at her presence. "Now I see why Eddie is so fond of you. By the way, he asked about you today. He said it's been quite a while since he saw you and that he misses you."

"He's too sentimental for his own good. Feel free to tell him that." Lexie remarks. 

Barry smiles slightly. 

"Why are you even here with me? Why did you ask me to come? Shouldn't you be with your dad at prison visiting hours and having a tearful heart-to-heart in the most sentimental way possible to mankind?" Lexie comments. 

Barry stares at her thoughtfully. Even though her comment was snarky and rude-intended, he can't find himself to be offended by her words. The Lexie Wells Effect. He lets out another chuckle, this being gentler-sounding than the earlier chuckle. His small smile turns soft and gentle. 

"Because it's easier with you. I know you'll never judge. Because I do believe you have seen some terrible things and horrible people, just like me. No one else understands me like you. I knew it the first moment I saw you." Barry speaks softly. 

Lexie stares emotionlessly before nodding slightly. 

"I care about you and your opinions. In the most sentimental way known to mankind and all." Barry teases slightly. 

Lexie hums apathetically. "So you do know of humor?" She retorts. 

Barry chuckles lightly. "I heard you and Teddy talk. He's wrong, you know." When he looks up at her, he can tell she is confused even though she physically doesn't show any hint of emotion. "He said I'm in love with Iris." 

"You are." Lexie insists emotionlessly, not bothered to play with. 

Barry exhales, giving her a small smile. "I used to be. I-I was so afraid of losing her if I confessed. And I did. Yesterday. I did not lose her. I told her I used to be in love with her but now I have moved on. I thought Iris would be the love of my life. I was wrong. She's not. She was just my first love."

Lexie inhales sharply, hoping he doesn't try to tell her what she fears. 

"I-I like you, Lexie. Very much. Not platonically. At first, it was totally platonic. But it grew into something more. I never thought I would get attracted by how emotionless and heartless someone can be or act. But I am. I am attracted to how you are emotionless and heartless to everyone. Even your own brother. Even your father. I admire you. And at first it was a thought but now I know for sure. I'm entirely in love with you, Lexie Wells. I am devotedly loyal to you and only you. I-I don't want to lose you. My mother once told me I did not fear darkness, I feared being left alone in the darkness. I don't anymore because I think of you and cannot possibly experience fear when I think about you and everything about you." Barry speaks. 

Lexie stares emotionlessly. 

Barry bites his bottom lip anxiously. "Lexie?" He questions carefully. 

"You're way too sentimental for your own good." Lexie finalizes. 

Barry smiles widely before turning serious and swallowing slightly. "I-I need to tell Iris. I already told her about my former feelings for her. I need to tell her the truth so she doesn't think she needs to keep this from Eddie. Plus, I know you like Eddie too. If Iris doesn't tell Eddie and he eventually finds out, he's gonna get hurt and upset." 

"You're right. I wouldn't like that." Lexie confirms. 

Barry nods slightly. "I'll be back soon."

"Oh, I don't doubt it." Lexie retorts. 

Barry smiles slightly before walking out of Big Belly Burger, walking around a corner and starts speeding toward the West residence once he gets out of sight.  

⚡⚡⚡⚡ 

When Barry returns, he sits back down in front of Lexie with a deep sigh. He slowly begins to sip his coke before looking back up at Lexie. 

"I'm assuming it didn't go as you wanted and expected?" Lexie guesses. 

Barry chuckles softly. "It went...all right. Just very awkward and tense. I think Iris is overly excited. She is the captain of our nonexisting ship." 

"How horrendous." Lexie comments. 

Barry smiles slightly. "I'm gonna be honest. I have no idea what that means. You speak very formally, just like your father. But I'm gonna hope it's no insult directed against me at least." He tells her. 

Lexie hums emotionlessly. "It's an synonym of unpleasant, horrible, terrible, appalling, and some other negatively using words." 

Barry nods slightly. 

Suddenly, Barry's phone starts buzzing. He pulls it out, receiving a text message from Caitlin reading 'S.O.S.' He glances up at her, about to open his mouth. 

"Go. He killed your mother. The least you can do is kick his ass." Lexie tells him. 

Barry smiles widely before rushing out of Big Belly Burger, not knowing the Zolomon-Thawne girl is only using him and manipulating him for her father's sake and to get back to her own time period. 

⚡⚡⚡⚡

After hearing what happened, Lexie rushes toward the Central City Police Department. When she sees Joe and Eddie sitting outside Captain Singh's office by their tables and talking, she approaches them. Joe frowns slightly, confused on why she's there. 

"Lexie. What are you-" Joe begins. 

He gets interrupted with a harsh and loud slap across the cheek, turning his head to the side. Eddie widens his eyes, surprised and impressed by her strength at the same time. And proud of the girl he considers a niece. 

"If you ever put my uncle in harm's way again, I will kill you myself." Lexie speaks calmly and deadly in a threatening tone. 

Eddie steps forward, gently rubbing the Zolomon-Thawne girl's shoulder with his warm and soothing hand. "Lexie, it's fine. I'm fine. Do you know about meta-humans? Joe just told me. Tell me you haven't lied to my face." 

"I fear I cannot do that, Uncle Eds." Lexie mutters quietly. 

Eddie exhales, loosening his grip on her shoulder. He gives her a reassuring smile. "It's okay, Xannie. I don't blame you. You were trying to protect me. Keep me safe from the truth. I don't blame you. I blame everyone else." 

Joe glances between them, surprised by their nickname basis. And as far as he's known, Lexie Wells is not one for physical touch or any type of touch. Especially not emotional touch but yet she allows Eddie Thawne to do both physical touch and emotional touch. "I should go home and prepare dinner. Barry will probably be home soon." He lies, wanting to give them a moment alone as he sees they both need it and want it. 

⚡⚡⚡⚡

After reaching Eddie's apartment and Eddie offers her ice cream which Lexie accepts immediately, Eddie watches her eat the ice cream. 

"Are you gonna come to Joe's for a Christmas celebration later tonight?" Eddie questions softly, hoping she won't ditch it usually. 

"Christmas is not my scene. Not my father's either. My brother fancies such things. But my father and I...we just don't. Teddy will go with Caitlin and Cisco. And being around Allen more than necessary doesn't sound very appealing." Lexie points out. 

Eddie chuckles softly. 

"And why would I want to watch you cuddle up with West and kiss the whole night? That is even less appealing." Lexie comments. 

Eddie's cheeks heaten up and get redder. 

"Your reaction proves my point." Lexie points out in a cold tone. "I should get home before my dad gets worried about me." 

"Dad? What happened to calling him father all so formally?" Eddie raises his eyebrows. 

Lexie sighs. "I suppose that our talk was not half that bad. His attempt at heart-to-heart is still pathetically, sadly tragic but it's tolerably now." 

Eddie nods with a soft smile. 

"See you tomorrow, Uncle Eds." Lexie tells him. 

"Wait here." Eddie gets up, rushing off to his bedroom. He comes back a few seconds later with a Christmas present. He holds it out. "I saw it in the store and thought of you. Plus, I figured as an uncle I should give you something." 

"Probably." Lexie comments. 

Eddie smiles softly. 

⚡⚡⚡⚡

When Lexie gets home that night, she sees her father sitting alone on the couch and sipping his glass of bourbon. When he sees her, the blank boredom fades away from his face. His face brightens up in surprise and delight. 

"Sweetheart." Dr. Wells breathes out, standing up. 

"Hey. Teddy told me you were staying behind so I figured I should not leave you alone." Lexie tells him. 

Dr. Wells chuckles slightly. "Liar. You just don't want to celebrate Christmas at Joe's." 

Lexie purses her lips. "Maybe. But I don't want to leave you either. It would be very tragic to leave you alone. You're always alone. It looks tragic. You're lucky that Tessa Morgan died and people views you as a mourning husband. Because, if the situation were any different, people would suspect you first. You're antisocial, quiet, withdrawn, mysterious. You know who they don't suspect? Sunshine golden retrievers like Eddie Thawne. Or Allen." 

Dr. Wells chuckles softly at her insult. 

Lexie exhales, slowly walking over and sitting down on the couch. Dr. Wells glances down at his daughter, observing her. 

"I'm gonna go buy some burgers and fries for us, okay? Then we'll talk." Dr. Wells announces before picking up his phone and leaving the room to go order the food in peace and quiet in the kitchen. 

Lexie simply nods slightly. 

-------------------------

A/N: 

Since Eobard pretends to be Harrison Wells and had Harrison's wife, Tessa Morgan, killed, they will lie that Tessa was Lexie and Teddy's mother. 

I added an Eobard and Lexie scene....cause, why not? I wanted them to be closer. To be honest, Lexie had her reasons to shut him out. But she has now forgiven him, but forgotten. It will still be a rocky relationship but now it's a little better. 

Lexie and Barry tension? Lerry? Bexie? Barxie? I have a plan for a Flash x Savitar x Lexie love triangle. I have plans for multiple love triangles, actually... Warning for a lot of drama. If you think Barry's confession is out of sudden and unreasonable, it's because it's from Lexie's perspective and she doesn't have people skills or social skills to see how he's been falling in love with her. They will be very toxic through the seasons. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 294 19
Disclaimer: I don't own pics music or videos.
21.2K 723 19
𝚆𝚎'𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚘𝚛. 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚍𝚊𝚝�...
1.7K 200 38
𝐊𝐢𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐲 - 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐬, 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐚�...
19.8K 456 9
(CW Arrowverse X Son of Zoom) When my father came to earth 1, he terrorized the world and nearly destroyed the multiverse. Well, not until The Flash...