NEW TO LOVE

By Nat_indie

It all started with a Don and a college girl. Mysterious actions always takes place or should say coincidence... More

Uzi
Player
Stalker
drunk
innocent
This feeling..
Potential
This is love?
Badness
Rules
Pleasure
Pain
Problems
Shipment
A break
Deep
Space
Ex19
family20
Suspicions
Love
Death
Ghost
Recovery
Amusement
Decline
Present
Miss You
Attitude
Destination
Location
ลร˜Vยฃ Tร˜ Hร…Tยฃ ยฅร˜U
War
Katty
Mall

Diwali

2.4K 163 1
By Nat_indie

Omari Pov

I woke up leaving Riah in bed. It's now 10:30 am. Am downstairs holding a medz as mi smoke mi weed.

Riah just nice. Not like any other nice, but she nice...
you get me?

This morning when mi wake up and mi look in a her face, she just beautiful mi afi look pon har fi an good while. Mi nuh want di anything fi mess up wah we have. Fi have har in a mi bed when mi wake up next to har, hit different bro.

Mi affi stare pon har fi a good while. This morning me wake up and see she curl up in a mi arms. And har lil snores ugggh.

With that in mind and I take a big puff. I hear noise coming from the living room sounding like footsteps.

"Mari?" She called. "Wah smell so?" She ask. "Mi deh in a the kitchen!" I shouted.

I turned around on the barstool while sitting around island. She walks in, "Yuh smoke?" She ask raising a eyebrow.

"Sumn wrong with that?" I ask her as she stands in front me. "It's bad, real bad" she replied making me laugh.

"Give it to me" she say stretching for it. I got up from around the island and held it in the air, as she jumps for it.

She climbs on the stool and jump on my back. She tries reaching for it, but I hold it down. "Omari!"

"Yes Riah?" I say with a chuckle. "Look here" she says behind me.

I turned my head only to see her lips smash against mines. She sucks my bottom lips and I bit her top lips. When I was distracted she grabs it out of my hands.

"Jah know... my girl you dangerous eno" I say as she jumps off my back. She walks over to the sink. "Bet" she says giggling.

"How you would a feel if mi eat off you donut?" I say walking over to the fridge opening the, as I took out the box of donut.

"No a joke" she says walking over to me. "Give me it and me give yuh the weed" she says.

"Give mi the spliff first" I say stretching my hands. She give it back to me and gave her the donut. She grabs it and rolled her eyes. "Wah you just do?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

She hisses and walk over to the island. I slap her ass hard as possible, causing her to fell on the floor. "Ahh, Mari"

"Mi warn yuh don't it?" I say sitting on the barstool. I take a puff off my spliff as she rubs her ass. "Don't talk to mi" she says sitting around the island on a barstool beside me.

She rest the box of donuts on the counter. I leaned in and blow the smoke in her face. She coughs dramatically while fanning. "Stop nuh!" She says in a serious tone.

"Riah" I say in a serious tone. She looks at me. "You soon move in here so with mi eno. Just time... all baby pack up in yah"

She hisses and take out a donut, as she took a bite. I chuckled, "yuh quiet now?" I say resting my head on the island while staring at her.

"You ago busy wensday?" She ask in annoyed voice. "No.. why?" I replied.

"You ever go a an Diwali fest?" She ask. I shake my head. "Mi want you come with mi cause mi auntie them nuh stop bother mi bout arrange marriage"

"Wah it bout?" I ask her. "Just come you will see. Mi will give you and kurta" she says.
"Mi will see" I say and out my spliff.

"You know what's a kurta?" She ask and I nodded.

"Mi ago watch tv" she says getting up. She tip toe and kiss me on the cheeks. I held her hands before she could walk away, causing her to turn around.

"Lips" I say trailing my index over my lips. She giggles, as she tip toe and leaned it and kiss me on the lips. I held her ass and she let's out the softest moan, I couldn't help but bit her bottom lips.

Soon after we pulled away and she walks away.

I chuckled and walk behind her.

***

I came back downstairs to see her watching a series, called 'Never have I never'. She already took bath and got ready.

It's the same one that Serena was watching.

"You nuh ready?" I ask. "Yeah just one more minute" she answers.

"Yuh say that bout 4 times" I chuckled. I take a seat beside her and watch the movie. "This you really a watch?" I ask.

"It nice" she replies.

"Serena did a watch it. Mi think it name Never have I never?" I ask.

She fell into a laughing fit. "No... it name Never have I ever" she says.

"Stop laugh off a mi a basically the same thing"

"If you say so" she says putting back her attention on the series.

"Atleast mi get more time with you" I mumbled so she didn't hear.

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door. I walk towards the door.

A must mi madda or mi brother. Cause Clinton the security would a call mi.

I look at the door cam and still don't see anyone. I opened the door and look to the right. "Omari!" My mother exclaims while hugging me.

"Why you deh here?" I ask pulling away from the hug. "A so you greet yuh madda?"

She walks in. "You have company?" She stops hearing the Tv. "Look nuh" I chuckled.

I take the bags of groceries from her hands and she walks in, as I followed.

She walks in the living room. "Good morning pretty girl" My mother says walking over to her. She replies morning with a genuine smile.

I walk to the kitchen and place the bags on the island. I walk back out to see them talking on the couch.

"You have such nice girlfriend and nuh introduced mi Mari?" My mother turns to me. I could see Riah smiling.

"We a go weh now mumz. Mi a drop her home" I say. "It's okay we could wait a little" Riah says.

"What's your name pretty girl?" My mom asks her. "Riah"

"Nice name for a nice girl" My mom says. "You and yuh bredda find nice girlfriend? And not even introduced me"

Mi know a see she see sumn pon tiktok mon.

I chuckled and sat on the sofa beside Riah.

"My name is Veronica" My mom says. "You have such a nice name Ms. Veronica" Riah reply.

My mom give me a knowing look saying 'she grow with discipline'

Even tho my mom says her name is 'Veronica' she adds the 'Ms' on it, some would call her by her name 'Veronica'. My mom always tells me if I'm going to bring home a girlfriend she wants her address her as 'Ms'. Even though my mother looks young she doesn't want my girlfriend act like they're both friends. She wants her to see her like a mother figure.

"Just put your number in the phone" My mom says handing her. Her iPhone 14 pro max. She took it and put in her number.

"Are you going to be busy Wensday?" My mom ask her. "Yes, am going to a Diwali fest with Omari" she replies.

"Oh, that's lovely. Tell mi if Mari do something fi hurt
yuh. Mi willing fi attack fi yuh" My mom says and they both fell into laughter.

***

It's now 3:02pm am pulling up to her house. I park at the porch and got out of the car. She uses her keys and unlocked the door.

We went in seeing the place in darkness. "Mealie don't deh here?" She ask curiously. She takes out her phone about to call Mealie.

We take off our shoes and place them on the shoes stand. Her phone rings third rings and she picks up.

"Weh you deh?" She ask.

"Mi deh pon mi way over to you house. Where are you?"

"Me deh home. Weh Serena?" She says as we sat on the couch.

"She gone home. Who deh home with you?"

"Mari"

"Mi soon come. Love you muah" she says ending the call.

___

Wensday

I park my car and took Riah hands in mines. We walk into the resort together. People stared at us as usual.

"Riah!!" A boy called from the side. Riah looks over and saw him. "Ramish!" She hugged him.

"Auntie is gonna be glad to see you" he says in a accent. "And who is this?" He ask.

"My boy- boyfriend" she says. "Hey.. Ramish" he stretched his hand toward me expecting me to shake it.

I shook is hands. "Riah!" A woman walk over to her and greeted her.

Riah said

Auntie Prisha walks over to me and greeted me. Auntie Prisha is my father's sister. I respect and love her. She doesn't force marriage on me like my other aunties, she would often pick up for me. Auntie Pooja is my dad's oldest sister and has the biggest impact on my aunties. Only Prisha the youngest sister isn't afraid to defend herself.

She kiss me on the cheeks. "Wow... you look beautiful" She says. I thank her and told her the same.

"And who is this gentleman?" She ask me looking at Mari. "This is her boyfriend" Ramish said.

I smiled. "Really! Am happy for you!!" She wish me. "I see that your mix. What's your mix?" She ask Omari.

Omari Pov

"My mom is half Trinidadian, my dad is half Pakistanis." I told her. Riah looks at me in surprised I gave her a smirk.

"Really?! Give me a hug!!" She says hugging me. I felt so cringe, but I hugged her back. "What's your religion?" She ask pulling away.

I told her Muslim and Riah, Ramish and her aunt was fascinated.

"Riah, your immature aunties are over there. Let's go over there before they eat our heads off. The fest is going to start in a few hours" she says walking off and we followed her.

"Riah!" Her aunties say in unison. "Hey aunts" Riah replied. We took a seat beside them.

"Who's this young man" A woman said trailing me up and down. "He's her soon to be husband" Aunt Prisha says.

I wanted to laugh at that saying, but it would look a way.

"He's half Trinidadian, Pakistanis" Her Auntie says. A smile appears on there faces.

"Wow, we haven't had an Pakistanis in our family in a while" one of Riah Auntie says.

"So what's your name?" She ask me. "Omari Pete" I told them.

"Wait... are you related to Kamash Pete UWI University Principal?" She ask. "He's my Grandfather" I told them.

"Wow that's great! I have heard great things about them" she exclaims cheerfully. We saw more people arriving.

My phone went off and I took it out of my pocket. "Excuse me" I told them and got up to take the call.

I went over to a more quiet place it was my brother. "Yow?"

"Weh yuh deh?" He ask

"Mi deh a an Diwali with Riah. Wah gwam?"

"Sumn gwan mon. Yuh can come down a the warehouse in a the morning? Sumn with the bwoy Reggie" He says.

"Aiit... Them boii deh ago mek mi claat them skull eno" I say.

"Do yuh thing mon. Mi will gwan wull down eh place fi yuh till mawning. Dagga a help to. So nuh say 40" I nodded even though he couldn't see me and with that I end the call.

I was about to walk off when a girl stopped me. "Hey, I haven't seen you before?" She ask.

Why tf she want know that?

"Am here with someone. Yes am new" I replied. "Your not Hindu?" She ask.

"No am Muslim" I told her. "Oh wow" she exclaims.

"My name is Akushi" she says extending her hands, I shook it. "Omari" I told her.

"So where's the person you came with?" She ask.

Why she ask so much question?

She want yuh. My subconscious says.

Nice girl, but a Riah mi want stills.

"She's over there" I say as she walks with me. "Oh, since your new let me, show you my family" she says.

I was about to tell her no thanks when she pointed and say. "Riah" she says in disgust. "She's my cousin. I don't like her and am sure you will too. I heard she's dating a Don" She says walking over to them.

Mi want clap a shot in a har head eno. Jah know.

"Hey guys!! This is Omari" she exclaims. They gave her a deadpan look. "How do you two know eachother?" Prisha ask.

"I met him over there" she says. "Do you know him?"

"Riah is my girlfriend" I told her and her mouth drop. "Your always embarrassing yourself Akushi" Pooja says.

"Auntie how was I supposed to know?" She ask. She looks at Riah with a disgust face.

"Akushi! Stop now" Pooja says. She smiled at me "sorry"

I sat beside Riah. "Hey Riah! I heard you were dating a Don, I don't assume Omari is a Don?" Akushi says.

Wah wrong with dah girl here?

"If mi ever tek mi hand slap out yuh teeth them. Sit down! What did Riah do to you?" Pooja shouted at Akushi.

"Auntie! Everyone keeps going on Riah side and now you? You know Riah steals all my boyfriend" She argued.

"Ughh. This child! Get out my sight before I take you out myself. If you were considering Marriage like Riah, instead of your boyfriends. You wouldn't be stressing over boyfriends problem. You always take up the dip shits!" She says with an accent.

"I can't believe any of you!" She says looking at everyone who was holding in their laughter.

Wait... Marriage?

"Let her be. Ughh, I don't know what's wrong with her and boyfriends. Riah, I want to talk to you later" Aunt Pooja says.

Riah nodded. "So have you 2 consider Marriage as yet?" Another aunt said. "We haven't, we met recently" Riah replied.

"Okay, I understand. When your ready be sure to call me" Aunt Pooja says. Riah nodded and looks at me. "The fest will begin shortly"

"I know your family we went way back. So I know what you do for a living and we accept it" Aunt Pooja says winking at me.

I gave her a smile. Riah looked shock.

Everybody know ano like we hide it

"Riah come. I want to talk before the fest begins. I want to apologize how I treated you" Aunt Pooja says and held her hands getting up.

"Wow, your sister keeps surprising me" one of the aunts say to Prisha. "Your not the only one Sanah" Prisha replied

They turned to me started asking me question about me and Riah.

Riah Pov

Am sitting listening to Auntie Pooja arguing with Akushi. I must say am surprised she took my side.

What surprised me even more is hearing that Omari is half Pakistanis and is Muslim.

And this bitch

Riah? See how you act like you cyaa talk.

But she always a bother mi bout boyfriend and what not. Her boyfriend them always a look mi she lucky.

And Auntie Pooja bout marriage, but why she deh pon mi side?

You father talk to her.

She called me to talk to me privately. I stood up and followed into a enclose space.

"Riah" she says with a smile looking at me.

I gave her a question look. "Am really, truly and deeply sorry how I treated you"

"Am always picking up for Akushi because she doesn't have mother in her life anymore and she looks up to me like a mother"

"Even though she has a father and he would consult with her about her behavior she still wouldn't listen"

"I have had enough of Akushi and took her twisted words and turned against you am truly a bad auntie"

"A few days ago your father talked to me and your aunties. Prisha and your dad opened our eyes. Am truly sorry can you forgive me? Riah" she says looking disappointed in herself.

I hugged her. "I know. Akushi had felt down hearted ever since she lost her mom and she searched for love in the wrong way. Akushi is just sad that I have both my parents" I say pulling away from the hug.

"And that's why I don't fight back with Akushi. I truly and deeply feel sorry for Akushi. I am but she just won't give up on making me look bad" I say.

After a while of reasoning we went back out seeing the Diwali started.

Auntie handed us each a diya/candle. Auntie Prisha and my other aunties. Pallavi, Poonam and Sanah were decorating a ragnoli on the floor. Some people were dancing around as the music plays.

Ragnoli

[Diya🪔]

I felt a familiar hands wrapped around my waist. I knew it was my man. "Yuh look suh nice mek mi wah give yuh sumn right yasso"
he says.

Him mouth don't have any filter.

I was wearing a yellow half saree

(Not Riah)

I turned around and pull away to get a good look at him.

(Not Omari)

And his tattoos uggh. "Why you a pree mi so Mah?" He ask teasingly.

I snapped back to my senses and gave him a smile. "You really surprised me you know right? Why didn't you tell me you were Muslim?" I ask him.

He cupped my chin. "You never ask me about my religion Meri Jaan" when he said that my heart stopped, I felt something tingling in my stomach.

Butterflies!!

"H-how do you know that?" I ask. "What Jaan?" He says.

"Am full of surprises" he says.

"Do you know what it means?" I ask curiously.

He nodded, "Doesn't it means 'my life?' " He ask and I nodded.

"Am I your life?" I ask.

"Feels like you are" he says with a smirk.

"Omari! Riah!" My aunties called asking us to join their celebration.

Prisha came forward and held both our hands and brought we were everyone was dancing.

"This feel weird" I say to Omari.

"Mi fi tell yuh" He replied in a whisper.

Auntie Pooja clap her hands and my other aunts are lifting their hands telling us to dance.

"Just clap your hands and move your feet a little" I say to him and we did so.

I started getting in the dancing mood as we dance. I saw Akushi sitting down she looks so lonesome.

I dance over to her. "As much as you hate me. I just want you to know I love you and you are my cousin"

"Could we dance?" I ask her. She broke down in my arms.

"I treat you so bad and you treat me this nice wh-" I interrupted her as she sobs.

"Just let me have this dance with you" I ask.

She got up and we dance together. Our aunties and few of our family members looked at us proud.

They always saw us arguing if we weren't arguing we would keep our distance.

Everyone clap at us forming a circle as we danced. I look around to see Omari, but he wasn't anywhere in my sight.

I looked over the another table.

See him deh

He was playing cards with few of my male counsins including Ramish.

_____________________________

Remember to vote and comment..

Press the little star at the bottom.

Love you guys Muah😘

I hope this gives you a little more understanding about Hindu culture.

This other chapter will be more spicy!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Innocent By olefvkis

Teen Fiction

17.3K 1.9K 19
Pulling up to the abandoned house, they heard gunshots. They looked at each other confused, wondering who first them here. Exiting the car, they noti...
59K 4.2K 49
WARNING!!!! explicit language, abuse and strong sexual content. "Mi tired a yuh a swear ๐Ÿคฌ!" I say out loud then quickly regret it. "Repeat weh yuh j...
143K 10.8K 48
He's a ๐Š๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ซ.But also my ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ. โ€ขโ€ข8|11|2023โ€ขโ€ข