Let's Raise The Male Lead's Y...

By Sweet_Dily

{If you like the Novel 'She Became The Devil's Stepmother Who's About To Be Killed' it's similar with a littl... More

Chapter 1: Transmigrated On My Wedding Day
Chapter 2: Elliot
Chapter 3: Embarrassment For A Bride
Chapter 4: A Sword To The Throat
Chapter 5: Be My Real Wife
Chapter 6: A Gallery With Secrets
Chapter 7: Exessive Donations
Chapter 8: Gypsinses
Chapter 9: A Kitchen Conflict
Chapter 10: No End's Rest
Chapter 11: Angel?
Chapter 12: The Sweetness Of A Loving Husband
Chapter 13: Moros Cure
Chapter 14: A Doctor's Basement
Chapter 15: Enemies With Different Greeds
Chapter 16: An Unexpected Variable
Chapter 17: Infected
Chapter 18: Stuck With The Annoying Ulisses Thanks To The Cult Who Kidnapped Us
Chapter 19: One Must Survive And The Other Will Be Dragged
Chapter 20: It Was Discovered Before You Knew It
Chapter 22: What Is Not Written In A Sinister Book
Chapter 23: The Close Call Of Death For Ulisses
Chapter 24: Stand Up And Not Falter
Chapter 25: The People's Hearts Stand With You
Chapter 26: All Night If I Must, You Will Rest!
Chapter 27: Bless Our Loving Souls
Chapter 28: The Master Of The Underlayer
Chapter 29: A Rotten Temple Who Backfires On You
Chapter 30: Dark Incantation
Chapter 31: The Baby's Pain
Chapter 32: Rush So You Have No Worries

Chapter 21: A Close Lie Of Death

648 14 1
By Sweet_Dily

***WARNING: This chapter contains foul language and graphic death.

***Alright Now Continuation Of Chapter 21...

"!!!!" (Damien and Reynold knights)

"How about it-" (Doctor Nevardo, asked)

'Slashed'

But before he could finish Damien had dashed in with his sword cutting Doctor Nevardo's body into tiny pieces as the chopped body fell into pieces.

Damien rushed to Han Jea/Nania who had luckily managed to grip the hem of her dress just before he slid her throat.

The instant Doctor Nevardo was slicing her throat she was holding with a pained expression before pulling the dress skirt up to her face.

That way when her body was thrown the dress skirt would land like a blanket on her face to cover her cut neck and her head that was apart.

It was a risk she had to take especially the glowing golden light as she was going to self-heal again after being beheaded.

The factor however she was hoping was for Damien to stay away and not lift up the skirt at least while she regained her consciousness.

She really was running on thin luck.

Her self-healing recovery was fast like no other.

Her head pulled back as if the tendons that had been detached connected with her torn head bringing it back and attaching again with a golden light.

Bringing her back to life although by the time that Damien tried to touch her.

Her neck was still closing in but she had regained consciousness in pain feeling it.

There was still some more time she needed.

Obviously, Damien did not see since she was being covered by her underskirt.

"Nania-" (Damine, yelled)

"I'm alive! Don't touch me!" (Han Jea/Nania, yelled)

"He has a hallucinogen around the room what you saw is not true I'm not hurt!" (Han Jea/Nania, yelled)

Han Jea/Nania yelled saying that what all of them saw was a hallucination but then why did her voice sound in so much pain?

"Wife..." (Damien, said)

"Your throat-" (Damien, said)

Damien who had crunched down halted his hand in mid-air that was reaching towards her stop-in since she unexpectedly answered him who thought she was dead.

Although he did not believe her.

"I said I'm fine if I was dead would I be screaming at you right now?!" (Han Yea/ Nania, yelling)

"I'm saying this because the blood on my dress is all over my face now I look ugly so don't look at me!" (Han Yea Nania, yelling)

'Silence'

'Dumbfounded'

At this point Han Jea/Nania had self-healed the only thing she couldn't self-heal was the embarrassment she had just displayed.

It was like she was a person who cared about her physical appearance and if she was ugly she wouldn't want others to look at her.

But she could only think of that to buy her some more time.

'I can't catch a break. Now I don't even want to look at their faces I bet they are  going to see me as a superficial lady now' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

She thought with a face that tried to smile at her words since the pain was subsiding.

Her eyes had water droplets as if she had cried in pain.

Not even that could truly wash away her sweat, her dirt, and her blood away so perhaps it wasn't far off that she didn't want them to look at her especially not him.

"Detain them. Go out" (Damien, said)

Suddenly she heard Damien's tone with command.

Without rebellion they all understood.

Carlo took one glance at Han Jea/Nania who had been covered and then left.

'Close'

"Sighed" (Han Jea/Nania, sighed)

Han Jea/Nania closed her eyes and sighed as if in relief at hearing the footsteps going away.

But she knew only one person remained.

"I don't care how you look" (Damien, said)

'Extend'

'Grab'

'Hold'

Damien extended his arms again taking off her covered face and grabbing her shoulders pulling her toward her as if holding a baby.

You could tell his eyes shook seeing her face covered in blood sweat and tears but he did not point it out all he wanted was to comfort her and hold her.

As if she were to disappear.

"I care that you're alive....I thought I lost you Nania" (Damien, said)

He did not care if she was a mess to her she was always beautiful he wanted her to know that.

"I don't know what the hell I would have done if I lost you" (Damien, said)

'Drop, Drop'

Suddenly Damien's golden eyes teardrops poured down.

His face was full of regret and relief.

'Widen'

Han Jea/Nania's eyes widen.

"I thought you were dead thanks to that hallucinogen you said he put ...I was scared that I couldn't save you...that you no longer breathed" (Damien, said)

He did not question her how she knew.

'Drop, Drop'

"I...how could I-" (Damien, said)

'Lean'

But his words came to a halt as Han Jea/Nania leaned her body against his chest to rest closing her eyes.

'How can I tell you I've died before...would that break your heart just as it is now?' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thoughts)

It was a good thing he managed to believe her after seeing that her neck had no scratch.

Honestly, that was a close one.

Her identity as a Gypsinses could continue to be hidden and she had come back, didn't she?

'I should be crying not you' (Han Jea/Nania's inner thought)

She smiled bitterly.

"Let's just stay here for a while...you can feel that I'm real and not an illusion" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

'Hug'

Because they could feel each other's heart Damien calmed down and hugged her gently as if she was someone precious to him.

.....

"Blenheim, Blegh" (Han Jea/Nania, throwing up)

'Tremble, Tremble'

"Blegh, Blegh" (Han Jea/Nania, throwing up)

Han Jea/Nania had washed up and changed and yet she felt as if she was still back there with the rotting smell and the corpse.

She had been holding on far too long her stomach was a mess.

The only thing she wanted to do was throw up.

She sat on the bathroom floor in a space where she would not be watched.

She threw up as her hands trembled on the toilet seat dropping not only liquids that she had eaten from the road but tear droplets with a pale face.

'Flush'

She flushed the toilet and scooted down next to it by the old wall placing her back on the wall with a traumatized face.

What she lived, it scared her although all the scars went away.

The trauma could never do so.

She was frighted, she was terrified, she was disgusted.

it was like the rotting smell stayed in her body as if the room itself was covered in that rotting smell.

It was as if the corpse were touching her body punishing her.

The sin she had committed.

The sin of stepping on them, the sin of seeing them, and the sin of not saving them all without giving them a proper burial.

By now all those bodies would likely be at flame in the hands of men.

There was no way of knowing if that had only been the ones that they had unlived but yet with those corpses she had slid down their undead bodies, it was a sin.

She saw it as a sin.

All to save one person.

 That is why they tormented her.

'Close'

'Drop, Drop'

Crying.

'Tremble, Tremble'

She closed her eyes with a pale trembling body as she cried in silence as if they were to disappear.

How could she even speak of this when asked?

How could she even begin to tell Damien about it?

How could she tell any other after living an experience like this?

Even for Ulisses who had been found by a Reynolds knight about a couple minutes away and would be soon arriving in the Northern area how could she face him?

The message had been received and so she knew Ulisses was safe on the way but even so how could Ulisses speak of such a thing?

Perhaps that made her feel less alone in this experience.

If she spoke to him would her legs stand up? Would she be able to get up and help the people organize and disperse the medicine according to the box that Doctor Nevardo kept hidden?

She tired, she really tired but no matter how much she pushed her legs to stand they felt so weak.

Anyone who saw her would know she looked like a terrified motionless doll that only shivered in horror.

It was considerate that Damien did not insist.

She was in no state to speak of any.

He had given her space and time.

There were Reynold Knights placed in front of the bedroom door for her protection but yet someone who she did not expect to be like this had rudely barged in.

 And that was no other than Ulisess who seemed to be dirty, scratched, bloody, and as if he had gone threw hell and back.

"Hey Ulisses the Duke said you can't come in wi-" (Sir Hector, yelled)

"I need to check something" (Ulisses, said)

But Ulises still barged in the room entering Han Jea/Nania's room and automatically spotting her in the corner near the toilet wall.

'Ulisses?'(Han Jea/Nania's inner thought)

He seemed in a rush and stressed out to see something.

'Step, Step, Step'

Speed walking.

'Halt'

'Grab

'Pull'

'Pull down'

Ulisses directed himself without hesitation or any sign of germophobia grabbing Han Jea/Nania with a rushed grip up by the elbow and pulling the side of her nightgown as to check if there was an injury there.

'Widen'

Han Jea/Nania's eyes widen at his abrupt behavior.

'Look'

'Let go'

He looked near her right elbow almost by her armpit and then released her again as if he was disgusted.

"I knew it, no way it was you" (Ulisses, said)

He let her go harshly while he said with a cold disgusted look as if he was not amused.

"You would have just left me behind just like you did " (Ulisses, said)

'Throb'

The instant Ulisses said those words to her and displayed such a hateful resentful expression she couldn't feel but her heart throb.

'Drop'

She couldn't help it. One teardrop fell from her cheek with the most hurtful heartbroken face.

'Halt'

Ulisses halted at her reaction but before he could say anything the Reynolds knight had finally caught up seeing that Han Jea/ Nania had a one teardrop on her pained face.

"Ulisses that's enough how dare you treat the madam like that! (Sir King, yelled)

"Get out now! Don't think I'm not going to tell the Gand Duke how you barged into Madam's room, made her cry, and yelled at her." (Sir King, yelled)

and Sir Hector did too.

"I don't know what you went threw but that doesn't give you the right to treat the Madam like that!" (Sir Hector, yelled)

"Tch" (Ulissess)

Ulisses clicked his tongue.

'Turn'

Ulisses turned around and said with an annoyed tone.

"Don't worry I'll tell him myself" (Ulisses, said)

Ulisses raised his voice and stormed out.

"I'm going take care of the madam. I'm going to make sure that he's staying true to his word" (Sir Hector, said)

Sir Hector told Sir King to stay and watch outside her door while he made sure that Ulisses told Damien that he had barged into her room to scream and make her cry since they had not seen how he had grabbed her.

'Nod'

Sir King nodded in agreement and so Sir Hector followed Ulisses to make sure he actually did as he said leaving  HanJea/Nania who was in shock staring at the back at them.

"Madam I'm so sorry about Ulisses-" (Sir King, said)

Sir King tried to apologize even for his behavior.

"It's...I like to rest please" (Han Jea/Nania, said)

Han Jea/Nania tried to smile but it was obvious that it was not a happy smile but he had comprehended and went out to guard her door again telling her if she needed anything to call him he who would be outside the door.

'Nod'

She nodded as he soon left.

"..." (Han Jea/Nania)

She stared at the door in silence before going to bed and closing her eyes.

She knew Ulisses had not recognized her since she had self-heeled.

He wouldn't have pulled down to check where she had been injured by the man.

There was nothing, even so, he didn't have to be so rude to her that she had made it alive without helping him of what he thought.

It hurt her that he had treated her with such ungratefulness that was a given since he didn't know she was his savior but couldn't he just be relieved that she too made it alive?

It was like it was her fault he almost didn't make it alive.

It was as if being alive and here was a crime.

No matter how much he hated her, it was too cruel.

"Sob....Sob...Sob..." (Han Jea/Nania, cried)

She didn't want to be a crybaby but her heart hurt so much.

She missed Elliot very much.

"Sob....Sob...Sob..." (Han Jea/Nania, crying)

This time she had picked the left side of the bed so she could look at the moon closer but now her running droplets were blurring her vision.

"Sob...Sob...Sob..." (Han Jea/Nania, crying)

And she wished Damien was here too but she did not want to bother him.

'Cover'

She closed her eyes as her hands rubbed her eyes however suddenly...

'Pull gently'

'Embrace '

Warm familiar hands had wrapped in front of her waist as his chest let her back rest on him.

His chin rested on top of her head.

He said nothing he simply let her cry and she did not ask why he had left his work aside to come and consult with her.

It was obvious that he'd been told what Ulisses had done.

She didn't dare to ask what happened to Ulisses because she felt if she asked If would infuriate Damien just hearing Ulisses's name.

'Relax'

His comfort brought her peace and she could finally drift off to sleep.

However Damien on the other hand...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7K 1.4K 23
You died and got isekai'd into the manga/manhwa titled, "Father I Don't Want This Marriage!". You have been reincarnated into the body of the 9 year...
682K 34K 66
γ…€ ♔q:*β€’.───── γ€€γ€€ 𑁍̀ ❛ HAUNTING ―― LINGERS BEHIND . . . 𝘈 π˜šπ˜”π˜Œπ˜“π˜“ π˜–π˜ π˜šπ˜π˜“π˜’ * a fanfiction based on a crossover betw...
5.6K 285 17
❝"Huh...? You want QUARTET NIGHT to split?" "I don't plan that, but that would be nice too." he grinned. ".... A-And how do you plan to do that?" I s...
242 112 21
!!!Read whole description please for warning at the end!!! Another Au, where Damien is just the adopted child of a farmer, and is only about 17. Dani...