The story of the Beloved Conc...

Από CNovel_Reader

The story of the Beloved Concubine's Ascension (宠妃上位记) Author: Rongtu   In the fifth year of Cheng'an, there... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1-10
Chapter 11-20
Chapter 21-30
Chapter 31-40
Chapter 41-50
Chapter 51-60
Chapter 61-70
Chapter 71-80
Chapter 81-90
Chapter 91-100
Chapter 101-110
Chapter 111-120
Chapter 131-140
Chapter 141-150
Chapter 151-160
Chapter 161-162 (end)

Chapter 121-130

399 4 0
Από CNovel_Reader

Chapter 121

Shen Ji raised his eyes to look at Qingtan, pulled his lips, chuckled, and said coldly: "I climbed too fast, and got the right to co-manage the harem. There are too many people who can't stand me."

"But there are not many people who have the courage and ability to attack me."

Qingtan lowered his head and nodded: "Your Majesty deliberately delayed the time of moving into Chenyou Palace, pretending that Du Yuxuan had too many items to move, which just gave them the opportunity to find an opportunity to take action. Your Majesty values ​​your Majesty, and he has been moving every day these days Some people came in to clean and change the decorations, and there were so many people coming and going that it would be difficult to find out which of the people who came in had problems."

Shen Ji nodded noncommittally, straightened up and said calmly: "Tell me, what problems have you discovered?"

Qingtan whispered: "After moving in today, Shuangying used the excuse that you and the third prince were not used to moving to the palace, so he cleaned every corner of the palace, and moved most of the items in the palace and warehouse. After careful investigation, we also killed the new maids and eunuchs one by one. Among them, there is a brick on the wall behind the maid's room with traces of being completely removed. It is very difficult to detect. It must have been deliberately opened as a spare."

"The things in the warehouse are very mixed. I didn't have time to unpack them one by one. I only looked at the newly delivered gifts. There is no problem for the time being. But the slave girl finds it strange that the warehouse does not see sunlight all year round. Logically speaking, it should be slightly dirty. The smell of dampness and mildew, I wonder if His Majesty sent someone to clean it up carefully, but there is always a strange fragrance coming from somewhere, as if I have smelled it somewhere, but I can't remember it."

"His Majesty Chenyou Palace has given you a place to live, so the number of new palace maids and eunuchs is not small. Including those for your position, there are more than thirty people. Although some of them are cleaning the side halls and side rooms. Yes, but after all, we are in a palace, so we still have to be careful. Although they behaved fairly when they first arrived and did not raise their heads to look around, the servants and Qing Chen could tell that a few people were not honest. These The palace maids and eunuchs have already sorted out the frosts. Those who seem to have problems have not been placed in the side rooms of the side hall. They are all watching under the noses of the slaves. If there is any movement, they will be discovered immediately. "

After all, there are quite a lot of hidden troubles, all lurking in the dark and staring at her.

Shen Ji breathed a sigh of relief and said warmly: "It's not easy for me to reach this point, but thanks to you loyal people who have always been with me. We have lived in Du Yuxuan for a long time, and we are familiar with every plant and tree, but Chen You The palace is a strange place, you have to help me pay attention to many things, especially Zizhao, he is still young, so he must pay attention to everything."

Qingtan nodded and responded: "Your Majesty, even if you don't tell me, this slave will understand."

After explaining this, Shen Ji's uneasiness finally subsided a little.

Everyone longs for the emperor's favor, but only those who are favored know that collecting favors in one body is also accumulating resentment in one body. Things in this world are not always good and not bad. Since she has chosen the road to heaven, she has to bear it.

Rubbing his sour brows, Shen Ji lowered his voice and asked, "How is Lin's side these days?"

Qingtan: "Ever since Mrs. Lin went to the palace to find the Queen Mother a while ago, she seems to have been in a bad mood when she returned home. She and Lin Shangshu were tit for tat and quarreling constantly. Lin Shangshu's outside room came to the door again to make trouble, crying and looking for life. Yes, the general made his wife very angry, but Lin Shangshu was impeached by many people after he fainted from the anger last time. His Majesty was dissatisfied, so he never thought about letting the outer chamber in. It's just verbal comfort. Nowadays, things are quite peaceful both inside and outside the house."

Shen Ji sneered: "What about Taifu Lin? How are you doing lately?"

"Mr. Lin passed out last time because his blood and blood attacked his heart. He has been resting in bed. In the past few days, he has only started to get out of bed and move around to resume management of Lin's affairs. Father and son - they don't talk much."

"They seem to be in harmony, but their interests are at stake. The biological father and son are nothing more than that." Shen Ji said quietly, "Tell the people in the outer room to let her find an opportunity to provoke Lin Shangshu again."

"This time, the fuss must be even bigger."

Qingtan raised her head to look at her mother-in-law, and hesitantly expressed her thoughts: "My wife, do you want to...use Lin Shangshu, in addition to Taifu Lin?"

Shen Ji paused, looked down at Qingtan, and smiled suddenly: "Why, do you think I'm cruel?"

Qingtan lowered her head: "I don't dare."

"Lin Shangshu has been immersed in the officialdom for several years. What kind of beautiful and charming women have he not seen? What kind of flattery has he not heard? If Lin Shangshu doesn't think about it, do you think that based on the actor's few words, Lin Shangshu can Will he really risk his career and insist on taking her home to be a good concubine? If Lin Shangshu didn't come up with this idea himself, then it would be useless no matter how hard the outside chamber tries to sow discord."

Shen Ji squinted outside and curled his lips in a cold sneer: "He just needs someone to give him a reason, to give him a 'not intentional' reason. Even if he really likes the outer room, he still doesn't like it." But the powerful Lin family is the **. It is precisely because Lin Shangshu has this intention that I can add fuel to the flames."

"Taifu Lin has been honest and upright throughout his life, and he is a good official. However, he has also indulged in a selfish son and a granddaughter who does not know right from wrong, which has caused many lives. It is not so much that I want to harm him, but that I want to harm him. His biological son Lin Shangshu wanted to harm him, and it was all because of his own thoughts."

Qingtan immediately knelt down and kowtowed: "I just made a mistake, please forgive me."

Shen Ji smiled and reached out to support Qingtan's arm: "You have been with me for a long time. This is probably the first time you have seen me trying to harm someone. I think it is surprising."

She smiled, but her eyes were fixed on Qingtan's: "I remember that you and Qingchen were both sent by His Majesty. Did Your Majesty say anything to you?"

Qingtan lowered her eyes and said nothing, and after a while she whispered: "On the day when Your Majesty brought your slave and Qing Chen here, the last words he said to your slave were -"

"'Jade Lady has a gentle and gentle temperament, gentle and pleasant. The palace is surrounded by tigers, leopards, jackals and wolves. I am not worried that she will be alone. You will serve her day and night to keep her safe.'" Qingtan paused and continued, "His Majesty once said that you have a pure, kind and gentle nature, and I have always kept it in mind, so I asked you. Please rest assured, my queen, that I and Qing Chen have no intention of treating you, it's just a little unexpected."

After hearing this, Shen Ji laughed instead: "Which of the women in the palace is truly innocent and harmless? You two are so smart, you should have known by now."

Qingtan raised her head and shook her head slowly: "Masters with certain statuses in the palace are not ordinary, but none of them are different from you. It is because you are different that I feel surprised. But now think about it , but it's not surprising."

"It is my great honor to be with you."

Looking at Qingtan's appearance, Shen Ji originally wanted to ask her why she said that, but then Qingtan changed the subject, her eyes becoming calmer and firmer: "During these days, slave girl and Qingchen will take turns to fuck her at night. It's worth staying with you, so I won't disturb your rest."

Shen Ji smiled: "Then I'll help you."

-

After moving into Chenyou Palace, they lived in peace for nearly half a month. Shen Ji and Zizhao also gradually adapted to living in Chenyou Palace.

As time goes by, the weather gets warmer and warmer, and the precious flowers and plants transplanted in Chenyou Palace become more and more prosperous. The beautiful flowers blooming in the flower bones are as gorgeous as clouds and fragrant, and the sycamore trees in the corners are also lush.

Zizhao seems to like Chenyou Palace more than Du Yuxuan. He often lets Junxue take him to play in the yard and catch butterflies. His Majesty also likes to visit her and her children more than before, and will come to Chenyou Palace to sit when he has nothing to do. She basically stayed in Chenyou Palace during the night, and almost never went to other concubines.

The days were full and peaceful, but it was like the calm before the storm.

Shen Ji went to Fengyi Palace every morning to study palace affairs with Concubine Yide. During this time, the Sixth Bureau and the Fourteenth Division were basically familiar to him. A few days ago, the Queen gave Concubine Yide the Shang Shi Bureau and Monk Bedroom Bureau, and assigned the Shang Fu Bureau and Shang Gong Bureau to Shen Ji, asking them to start with the most familiar affairs.

The Shangfu Bureau is in charge of the specifications and grades of the palace's clothing decorations, as well as the treasures, while the Shanggong Bureau is in charge of workmanship and additions, such as clothes, jewelry, and fabric materials. Since Shen Ji accepted this job, Shen Ji also I couldn't help but be concerned. Today I went to the Shangfu Bureau and Shanggong Bureau after leaving the empress's place. I didn't come out until lunch time.

Although the sun at noon was not hot, it was still a bit scorching. Shen Ji held up a six-bone black plum umbrella and leaned his forehead on the chair. The chariot was about to take her back to Chenyou Palace.

There is a long way to go back to Chenyou Palace from the 14th Division of the Sixth Bureau. When passing by a path, I heard several little palace maids from a distance, carrying things and about to walk in the opposite direction, talking as they walked. He was whispering something.

"Recently, Concubine Jade has been favored by no one else. His Majesty goes to Chenyou Palace every day, and he almost seems to be the only one favoring her. It's really enviable."

"Yes, yes, not only does His Majesty favor her, he even gave her the best Chenyou Palace to live in. I heard that the assistant harem master is also very dedicated to learning and is very talented. I am afraid that after some time, Many matters in this palace must be decided by Concubine Yu."

"In addition to the Queen, there is also Concubine Yide. Naturally, Concubine Yu will not have the final say alone."

"What do you know? Concubine Yide is not favored. Your Majesty may not even go to Bixiao Palace for ten days and a half. The Queen is weak, and between the same two people, of course the one who is more favored has the final say."

...

The chariot stopped, and Shuang Ying frowned as she heard it. She looked up at her mother-in-law and asked for instructions: "My wife, do you want me to send someone to bring them to reprimand them?"

Shen Ji looked in that direction, but his expression was very cold, and he raised his hand and said: "No need, now that I have said so, if I really reprimand them, it will spread even more crazy after I return."

"Let's go."

When she was in Fengyi Palace, she was obviously very careful and showed her mediocre qualifications in every aspect. In any case, it would not be said that she was very talented and learned well, not to mention that there were only three of them in the palace at that time. and their respective confidants, others will not know.

This was a rumor deliberately spread by Concubine Yi De.

Shen Ji actually felt a little strange about Concubine Yide.

She is now in the first rank, the biggest under the queen. The Lin family is not popular. Now she has everything she wants, including the power of the harem. Even if she is favored again, it will not hinder Yide. Regarding the concubine's matter, not to mention that the two of them had no enmity or enmity, she had no reason to target herself.

At night, the house was quiet, with only the thin moonlight shining inside Chenyou Palace like a sleeping moon palace.

Qingchen lay vigil behind the screen for her, silently with only the sound of breathing.

Shen Ji lay in bed for a long time, thinking about Concubine Yide's motives, but there was never a reason that could convince him. He tossed and turned until midnight, not even feeling sleepy.

I don't know how long it took, but I finally felt sleepy. Shen Ji closed his eyes and prepared to sleep, but suddenly he heard an extremely subtle rustling sound coming from not far away, like the sound of paper being broken.

Chapter 122

Chenyou Palace is spacious and gorgeous, and it must have been newly renovated. There are no clutter in the house, and Shen Ji never uses pen, ink, paper and inkstone in the dormitory, and there will never be the sound of wind blowing paper in the house.

The past half month since moving in seemed calm at first glance, but Shen Ji knew in his heart that all these dangers lurking in the dark were just waiting for an opportunity.

What good can come from a sudden noise in the dead of night? It's just the wind and rain before the lightning and thunder.

There are too many ways to get rid of one person in the palace. This person breaks in in the middle of the night. I am afraid that he will come in a menacing manner, and he has already figured out the route of entry and escape.

If she calls someone now, the eunuch on guard outside will immediately chase her. If she calls the guard again, it is very likely that she will not be able to catch the person, and will also alert the person behind her, making the person behind her more cautious.

If possible, it would be best to catch them alive.

Shen Ji calmly sank into the bed and covered his mouth and nose with the brocade quilt. In the dim moonlight, only a pair of eyes were left to peek outside cautiously.

The night was already deep at this time, and I didn't know whether Qing Chen was asleep or not. When he thought that there was a person who wanted to kill him standing outside a wall away from him, the hair on Shen Ji's body stood up, and his whole body was tense, ready to get up at any moment. .

After a small hole was poked in the window paper, the man did not move for a long time. He seemed to be very cautious. The shadow on the window swayed left and right several times. He must have been observing his surroundings. After confirming that everything was correct, he took out a Wu Shi blew a few breaths into the hole he had just poked.

After a while, a thin layer of white smoke filled the hall.

His vision was already dim at night, and as soon as Shen Ji's vision began to blur, he immediately held his breath and concentrated, making his breathing even slower.

Fortunately, it was the end of February, and the weather was no longer so cold. She would open a small window every night to let some air in. The smoke would slowly dissipate with the breeze, and she and Qingchen couldn't inhale much.

I'm afraid this person is so careful not just to poison or frame him. There are many ways to achieve both of these purposes. There is no need to take such a risk and sneak into Chenyou Palace.

Shen Ji trembled slightly and unconsciously grasped the quilt in his hand.

He wanted to stun himself, and then kill him with a fatal blow, so that he could escape without disturbing the people outside.

This was the first time she faced the danger of death. She was so shocked that she was sweating all over her body and her whole body was shaking uncontrollably. Shen Ji's hand on the bed slowly moved up and touched a jade handle on the pillow. Hold it tightly in your hand.

The man waited for a moment by the window, first threw a pebble to test, and when no one woke up, he gently opened the window, turned over and entered the bedroom.

The cold dagger refracted a snow-white light for a moment under the moonlight. Shen Ji carefully squinted his eyes. He saw the man glance at the room first, and then realized that the room was not filled with white fog as he imagined. He suddenly stopped. .

"not good!"

The man cursed softly, and his voice turned out to be that of a woman. She walked quickly to the opposite side and found that there was a window open. She knew that the effect of the medicine had not taken effect. If she had been slower, she might have been discovered.

She simply turned around, planning to stab Yu Guifei to death before anyone was awakened and then escape. After walking lightly to the bedside, she noticed the posture and position of Yu Guifei's lying position, raised her hand and stabbed her in the heart. Go down.

Who knows

The moment the blade was about to cut through the brocade and pierce into the heart, the injured person immediately rolled inward.

And he opened the quilt and covered his head. She was shocked and felt bad. Just as she was about to take the quilt away from her body and prepare to do it again, there was another sharp pain in her shoulder from being beaten by a hard object.

"Someone is coming--!!!"

Jade Ruyi fell to the ground with a clang. Shen Ji did not dare to delay at all. He ran off the bed quickly with bare feet, his voice almost cracked: "Come quickly! There is an assassin!"

She was about to open the palace door, but the assassin behind her had already thrown away the quilt, and stabbed at her quickly with a dagger in his hand. The assassin was extremely fast and was determined to kill her. In the lightning flash, Shen Ji could almost hear the sound of the dagger cutting through the air.

Unexpectedly, the severe pain he imagined did not come. When Shen Ji looked back, he saw Qing Chen holding the assassin's wrist tightly, and they were in a stalemate.

"My queen, leave quickly!"

As soon as Qing Chen finished speaking, the assassin snapped his wrist to neutralize Qing Chen's strength and turned his attack again. Shen Ji was horrified, fearing that Qingchen would be hurt by the assassin. Unexpectedly, Qingchen raised his leg and kicked away the assassin's arm that stabbed her again, then spun around and started fighting with her.

"Qing Chen!" Shen Ji exclaimed, but he also knew that now was not the time to speak, so he turned around and opened the door of the palace and ran out: "Someone is coming quickly!"

Her first exclamation had already attracted the guards of Marquis Chen You outside the door. As soon as the door opened, two rows of guards were running towards the direction of the dormitory.

Seeing that reinforcements were coming, Shen Ji quickly walked down the steps and shouted: "The assassin is in the palace!"

"yes!"

When the guards drew their long swords and rushed into the palace, the eunuch on duty at the door was also startled. He didn't know what happened. Looking at the messy black-haired empress who was only wearing pajamas, his whole body was shaking like chaff.

After a while, the leading guard came out and knelt down on one knee, saying in a deep voice: "Don't worry, Madam, the assassin has been subdued by Wei Chen and others."

When he heard that the danger was over, Shen Ji gasped and turned around in a daze, with big tears hanging from his red eyes, slowly falling down.

She had not yet completely recovered from the panic and fear. She lowered her eyes and looked at the guard kneeling in front of her for a long time, and then her broken breathing gradually returned to what it should be.

Shen Ji's body was still trembling slightly. She hugged her shoulders and tried to calm down her voice. But she just escaped from the line of life and death, and her voice was trembling as soon as she opened her mouth.

"Send someone to inform Your Majesty and the Queen."

"yes!"

Such a big commotion in the palace had already awakened the palace servants in the lower room. Shuangying and others rushed over as soon as they got dressed, and they were all so frightened that they shouted: "Empress!"

Shuangying and Junxue were frightened, and cried and knelt at her feet: "My slave is late, please punish me!"

Qingtan was quite calm, and she knelt next to her and asked, "Mother, how is Qingchen?"

When Qing Chen was mentioned, Shen Ji raised his hand to wipe away his tears, gave them a little support, and said, "Everyone, please get up. Qing Chen is fine."

All the candles in the dormitory have been lit, and the Chenyou Palace in the middle of the night is as bright as day.

Shen Ji returned to the palace surrounded by several people, put on his cloak and sat on the main seat. The assassination of the palace maid was held by two guards with long swords on the left and right of her neck, and they knelt in front of her. The dagger used for the assassination was It was also picked up, wrapped in a handkerchief and placed next to her.

prick

The guest's mask had been taken off, revealing a face of about twenty years old. It looked familiar, but he couldn't remember where he had seen it before.

In order to prevent her from committing suicide, a ball of cloth was stuffed into her mouth. Shen Ji wanted to ask who sent her, but had to give up for the sake of safety.

After the assassination, lights were lit everywhere in the huge Chenyou Palace. There was a crowd of people standing in the palace, but no one dared to make the slightest sound at this time. The palace was eerily quiet.

Shen Ji drank the warm tea served by Junxue and took a long time to regain his composure.

She picked up the dagger with blood on the blade and looked at it. It looked ordinary, without any decoration or engraving, but there were signs of wear on the handle. It was obvious that the dagger was not newly forged.

Shen Ji slowly wiped the blood off the dagger with a handkerchief, and asked Shuangming to hold the tray and put it on it.

This blood is not Shen Ji's, but Qing Chen's.

In order to save her, Qing Chen fought for his life against the assassin in the dark. When he resisted the attack, his arm was accidentally scratched. At this time, he asked Qing Tan to apply medicine behind the screen.

This assassin was armed and had some skills. Qingchen, a young palace maid, was evenly matched with her despite being unarmed and in the dark. She only suffered a skin injury on her arm, and Qingchen's performance just now was better than the others. Much calmer.

When she was pregnant with Zizhao, she fell off the chariot and almost had a tire. His Majesty gave her Qingtan and Qingchen, saying that he was worried about it.

Shen Ji had doubts, surprises, respect and trust in them, but he never thought that Qingtan and Qingchen were not just simple palace maids.

She remembered that among the maids in front of the emperor, ten of them were from the Qing generation. They were the most loyal and taciturn maids, and they were also a line of defense guarding His Majesty's side.

His Majesty actually gave two of them to her at the beginning.

When he thought of this, Shen Ji's expression suddenly became complicated and indescribable.

"Your Majesty has arrived--!"

The sound of loud singing of salutes came from the palace gate. Shen Ji raised his head and looked in the direction of the palace gate. His Majesty was walking down from the dragon chariot.

She had clearly calmed down a lot, but for some reason, when she saw that His Majesty had arrived late at night for her and had already hid secret guards around her, Shen Ji's tears fell uncontrollably.

She got up and walked towards His Majesty, walking quickly at first and then trotting.

The spring breeze late at night blew her scattered black hair. Qin Yuan watched Shen Ji running toward him with tears in his eyes, like a frightened little rabbit. He was stunned for a moment, then his eyes became very dark, and he opened his arms to hug her. Hold him tightly in his arms.

Although she didn't say a word, Qin Yuan could understand.

"Don't be afraid Susu, I'm here."

He directly picked up Shen Ji and walked towards the main hall of Chenyou Palace. He said word by word in a cold voice: "I want to see who has the courage to commit an assassination in the harem."

Qin Yuan entered Chenyou Palace with Shen Ji in front, and the Queen's phoenix chariot arrived in the back.

In the thick night, with a look of exhaustion and tiredness on her face, she quietly watched His Majesty holding Shen Ji as he walked to the threshold of Chenyou Palace. After a moment of silence, she reached out and let Yun Lan help her step down from the chariot, gently. The voice dispersed in the spring breeze: "Let's go, today's matter must be investigated to the bottom of it."!

Chapter 123

The spring night is as cool as water, with the crescent moon hanging high in the sky, and there are many people in the brightly lit main hall of Chenyou Palace.

Qin Yuan carried Shen Ji into the palace, and as soon as he put it down, Shen Ji held his hand tightly.

Everyone in the palace knelt down, and Qin Yuan looked at her sideways, somewhat surprised by her initiative.

This was the first time he had seen her so helpless and in need of support, and she couldn't even care about being in front of others.

Qin Yuan felt sorry for her fear at the moment, and at the same time he was pleased that she was willing to trust him more. A lot of love and compassion arose in his heart, but when he thought that this weakness was caused by a life-and-death crisis, he couldn't help but get angry.

The catkins in her palms were so cold that it seemed like there was no trace of blood left. She was frightened and wore very few clothes. Qin Yuan stroked her fingertips and asked people to serve him first and go to the inner room to add more clothes.

"My concubine pays your respects to Your Majesty."

The queen's soft voice came from behind. Qin Yuan turned his eyes and said warmly: "Queen, there is no need to be polite."

The emperor and empress sat down on the main throne together. The body of the assassin being held in the middle of the hall began to tremble. She lowered her head and subconsciously widened her eyes, which were full of panic and fear before her death.

If it weren't for that palace maid, she should have succeeded!

...

Shuangming brought the dagger forward and said, "Your Majesty, this is the murder weapon used by assassins."

Zhang Pu stepped forward to take it, bowed and presented it to His Majesty, and said: "We have always strictly controlled the blades of weapons and blades in and out of the palace. The servant looks at it as if it is not something from the palace, but as if it is homemade."

Ordinary palace ladies would bother to do these things in the palace. Even if they want to harm someone, there are many ways to do it.

Flicking his hands to ask Zhang Pu to step back, Qin Yuan looked down at her and said in a cold voice: "Raise your head."

The assassin didn't want to raise her head, but the guard suddenly grabbed her hair, forcing her to raise her head, revealing a young face.

The Queen took a slight breath and stared at the assassin's face in shock and confusion.

Yun Lan followed the Queen and stared at her for a long time before exclaiming: "Your Majesty, Your Majesty! She used to be a rough lady in the Lin Gui Concubine Palace!"

The maidservant could not get close to her master. She usually did some menial work and only occasionally went to work in the courtyard. Therefore, she only occasionally caught a glimpse of her. Apart from being familiar with her, she could not be remembered at all.

She was Lin Guibi's former rough messenger in the palace. Since she was a rough messenger in the palace, where did she get such skills?

Hearing Lin Guibi's name, Qin Yuan's face suddenly darkened: "Who instigated you to do this?"

After taking out the cloth from her mouth, the guard checked carefully and found that no poison was hidden before letting her go.

The assassin was trembling all over, staring at His Majesty but suddenly sneered: "No one instigated me! I wanted to kill her myself!"

Qin Yuan looked at her as if he were an ant: "To be honest, I can give you a whole body. If you don't tell the truth, do you think there will be no clues about what you did today? What if you wait for me to check? If you come out, you will be punished severely."

Hearing this, the assassin was shocked and a little shaken, but he still gritted his teeth and remained silent.

Seeing that she was a stubborn person, Qin Yuan didn't bother to talk nonsense to her. He tapped the armrest regularly with his fingertips and gave an order: "If you want to kill Yu Gui's concubine and be able to come over late at night without alerting anyone, you must have done it in advance." She has been here these days. Go to Jiangchenyou Palace

All the palace officials were brought to the courtyard for questioning one by one.

From the day I granted you residence,

Everyone who has come and gone from Chenyou Palace will be checked one by one. I don't believe that they can't be found out. "

"yes!"

The two lines of guards waiting outside the door immediately went to take the people, and within a moment, the huge courtyard was filled with people.

The night outside was dark, and at a glance, there was not even a hint of light.

It was the deepest time of the night, and there was still some time before His Majesty went to court. The Queen looked outside worriedly, fearing that it would take a long time to cross-examine them one by one, and then said: "Your Majesty, the investigation may be temporary. It won't be over for even a moment, why don't you go back and rest first, while I'll just keep an eye on you."

As soon as he finished speaking, Shen Ji dressed up and walked out. He bowed softly to the Empress: "I send my regards to the Empress. Late at night, I bothered Your Majesty and the Empress to uphold justice for me. I am extremely grateful."

After relaxing for such a period of time, Shen Ji's mood had calmed down a lot from the crisis just now, but she had just cried, and the corners of her eyes were still a little red. Although she nodded slightly, the queen could still see her uneasiness.

She waved to Shen Ji and said warmly: "Come and sit here."

Qin Yuan always knew that Shen Ji had a good relationship with the queen, but he didn't expect that as soon as the queen greeted her, she would actually walk over from him and sit next to the queen obediently.

One is his first wife and the other is his concubine. It is a beautiful thing for them to coexist peacefully, but he always feels strange in his heart, as if he is redundant.

But this feeling passed in just a moment. He didn't think much about it. Instead, he frowned and looked at the crowd of people at the door, and said solemnly: "You dare to assassinate a concubine in the palace. This is an extremely bad matter. We must get to the bottom of it."

The queen nodded slowly and said, "She is Lin Guibi's former maid. Lin Guibi must also inquire carefully."

At this time, Shen Ji suddenly said: "This person is quite capable, I'm afraid she is not a simple palace maid. She has always been Lin Guibi's person, and Lin Guibi can't escape the relationship. But I feel strange, since Lin Guibi came to the imperial palace His Majesty punished him for his misconduct, and everyone around him dispersed, leaving only Hiiragi Mei. Besides, there were guards at the gate of Changxin Palace, and they would not let anyone in. If it was found out that she was really Lin Guibi, what would happen to her? Did you contact Lin Guibi?"

"The palace is heavily guarded and she would never dare to do this without instructions."

Qin Yuan hummed lightly and said in a deep voice: "I will definitely investigate this matter and give you justice."

The assassin would rather die than say anything, so he had already made up his mind to die. It seemed that it would not be over in a short time. Shen Ji glanced at the Queen and persuaded softly: "Your Majesty, you should go back to Jianzhang Hall to rest. You will be here tomorrow." We have to go to court early, and we must not damage the dragon's body because of my concubine's affairs. The assassin has been caught, and there won't be a next time."

Qin Yuan thought for a moment and asked Zhang Pu to stay and assist the queen. He stood up and said, "From tomorrow onwards, I will send more people to guard Chenyou Palace. You can rest assured."

After His Majesty left, the Queen said: "Come here, go to Ye Ting to find out this person's origin and information. Who do you usually get close to and who have you been in contact with recently? Have you ever been to Changxin Palace? You need to find out. Clearly. If you drag her down for punishment, you must be careful not to allow her to commit suicide."

Yun Lanfu took the order and hurried out with his subordinates to handle the matter. The assassin was gagged again, dragged away under the supervision of the guards, and gradually disappeared into the night.

timid outside the palace

The palace maids were frightened and sobbed softly. They stood in a dense crowd and were taken away one by one. The sound of interrogation could not be heard.

The queen sighed softly and looked at Shen Ji: "Who do you think would want to kill you?"

Shen Ji laughed at himself: "There are too many people who want me to die."

"But my concubine has just moved into Chenyou Palace. The only one who uses such an extreme method to kill me in one blow instead of choosing other more covert methods is Lin Guibi."

"What's more, she is the maid next to Lin Guifei. She may be a chess piece sent in by the Lin family in the early years. If you can sacrifice an informant in exchange for the death of the concubine, it will be a profit."

The queen caressed the back of Shen Ji's hand and comforted her softly: "Lin Guibi hates you to the core. With her current situation, it is indeed reasonable for her to want to kill you. There are many strange things in this matter, and they can be found out one by one in the next few days. However, --In my opinion, there should be someone in your palace who can cooperate with her inside and outside. If it weren't for domestic thieves being difficult to guard against and the guards in the palace being so tight, she wouldn't be able to reach you even if she has some skills."

"You don't have to be afraid. The matter is over. I am by your side to accompany you. His Majesty also values ​​you so much and will definitely find out who it is."

The queen is gentle, and Shen Ji's heart is warm. She nodded slowly and said softly: "With your empress by your side, it's like your elder sister. I feel much better."

While he was saying this, the female officer in charge of the interrogation outside came in, bowed and said: "Queen Qi, Concubine Jade, someone outside the door has confessed that he saw the assassin last night."

The queen nodded, and a crying and thin palace maid was brought in from the door. She cried and said: "My queen, please forgive me! This slave is the newly assigned palace maid Zipei to Chenyou Palace. Yesterday evening, she wiped the side door under the order of Sister Shuangying. , the rules of the Chenyou Palace were strict, and the slaves did not dare to delay, and kept doing their best until they met her at the door just before dinner. She said that she had uncontrollable abdominal pain, and wanted to use the restroom of the palace, and came out immediately after use. I will never cause trouble, and I guarantee it with my own wealth and life."

"After her repeated persuasion, the slave girl felt compassion. Thinking that the bathroom for the palace people was in the corner, far away from the main palace where the empress lived, and she couldn't hit the empress, she took her to the bathroom. Unexpectedly, the slave was called away to do other work as soon as she came out. The slave thought that she would leave when she was done with it, but she did not dare to delay the work. She was afraid that if she hesitated and others found out that she was nosy, she did not dare to say anything. , when the servant hurriedly went to see it, no one was there, so he felt relieved."

She cried bitterly and threw herself on the ground begging for mercy, her whole body trembling violently: "Please spare my life, the Queen. I really don't know who she is, and I never thought that she was using me to assassinate your concubine. Please look at it." Please spare this slave's life because she doesn't know anything about it!"

At this time, Zhang Pu came in from the outside with a group of people. He first glanced at the kneeling palace maid, and then said: "To report to the Empress, I led people to search carefully and found traces of the assassin hiding. "

"Chenyou Palace is spacious. There are one main hall, two side halls and four wing rooms. Only the empress lives there. Therefore, many houses are uninhabited. The palace people have their own place to live. Except for daily cleaning, no one dares to stay in the house. She stayed here for a long time. After she sneaked into Chenyou Palace yesterday, she climbed into one of the rooms through the window when no one was around, hid under the bed, and stayed there until late at night before going out through the window. "

Shen Ji: "So, she has not been out since she sneaked in yesterday. It was late at night and she quietly went around to my bedroom."

"at present

It looks like this is the case," Zhang Pu said. "This person has quite a bit of skill. He walks very softly and moves very cautiously. He should have walked all the way from the side room to the main hall. "

At this time, Qingtan and Qingchen, who had bandaged their wounds and walked out, frowned: "Although the palaces in the palace have the same specifications, the actual area and furnishings are different. If you just came here for the first time last night, you would think It's not that easy to find the queen's bedroom without alerting anyone. Not only are there slaves guarding the house, but there are also eunuchs who are at night outside."

Qingtan nodded and said: "My slave feels the same way. She must have known where the empress lives in advance, and she also carefully prepared the smoke and daggers."

Shen Ji pressed his eyebrows tiredly, and then heard Zhang Pu say: "Before the empress moved into Chenyou Palace, there were many craftsmen and even palace people who came in and out of Chenyou Palace. If you want to know the layout inside, it is not difficult."

In this case, it may not be the news passed on by people inside Chenyou Palace.

By this time of interrogation, it was late at night, and everyone in the hall felt very tired, so they were quiet for a while.

Zi Pei knelt on the ground, her head and body covered with messes. Looking at the expressions of the two empresses, she was so frightened that she did not dare to make a sound, for fear of causing displeasure, she would be taken out and beheaded.

His Majesty's favorite concubine, the biological mother of the third prince, was assassinated in his own palace. If such an evil thing cannot be solved as soon as possible, people in the palace will definitely be in panic.

After a long silence, the Queen looked at Zipei and said, "Pull Zipei down and imprison her until the relationship between her and the assassin is found out before making any plans."

"Your Majesty! This slave really doesn't know her! My Majesty...!"

Zi Pei cried and shouted, Shen Ji frowned and looked at her, and said coldly: "How unbecoming is it to disturb someone in the middle of the night? Stop her mouth."

"Even if you didn't collude with the assassin, it's certain that you made a mistake and almost killed me. How do you cry about it?"

After they were taken away, Shen Ji said to the empress: "Empress, when I saw her, I thought of another thing. In fact, it was not that I was boasting, but that I was granted the throne, moved to the palace, and was given the title of assistant to manage the harem. It is a fact that power is very powerful in the palace. If you are intentional, you will naturally send the best trained palace people to Chenyou Palace to please your concubines. How could you send such a stupid person? "

"Although it is obvious who the murderer behind the scenes is, so many doubts and unreasonable points are like a thick fog, as if there is an invisible hand pushing behind it, and I am afraid there is another collusion secretly."

The queen sighed and said comfortingly: "I understand your concerns."

"I will investigate the ins and outs of this matter carefully, so you don't have to worry too much. As for the newly sent people to Chenyou Palace, if you are worried about them, just move them back and let trustworthy people choose them. , plus Your Majesty will give you more manpower to guard the palace, it will be safe."

Having said all that needed to be said, Shen Ji had nothing to worry about anymore. She stood up and took a wrong step, feeling deeply blessed: "Thank you for your consideration, I am very grateful."

The palace people in the courtyard have been interrogated one by one. The most important thing now is to investigate the assassin's usual contacts and the mastermind behind it. It takes time to investigate the evidence. It is too late and we cannot keep guard in Chenyou Palace all the time.

Shen Ji looked at the Queen, feeling grateful and guilty at the same time: "Today, because of the assassin's incident, I kept the Queen awake, and I felt guilty. Now that the matter has come to an end, the Queen should go back and rest early.

, you are not in good health, the spring night is cold, don't catch a cold again. "

The queen smiled and nodded, slowly stood up while holding Yun Lan's wrist, and said softly: "I am indeed a little tired, you should go back and rest."

"Farewell to the Queen."

Everyone in Chenyou Palace followed Shen Ji's movements and knelt down to send the Queen off. After the Queen walked out of the gate and sat on the phoenix chariot, Shen Ji sat back down.

Shuangming ordered the palace people to disperse and go back to rest. At this time, he was the only one in the palace.

Qingtan and Qingchen knelt in front of the empress, and said: "This slave did not intend to deceive the empress, and please forgive me."

Thinking of the day they were sent to him, Shen Ji couldn't help but look a little complicated, but this complicated emotion did not come from them, but from His Majesty.

She never imagined that His Majesty would be so willing to treat her long ago.

No wonder Qingtan and Qingchen are well-informed and capable, and no wonder they are all-rounded and smart. It turns out that they are not simple palace maids at all.

She raised her hand to help the two of them up, and said warmly to Qingchen: "You saved my life today. It's my responsibility to thank you. Why should I blame you?"

"Your status is special and should be kept secret. I don't blame you."

The ten maids of the Qing generation in front of the imperial family were all orphans and took His Majesty's safety as their own responsibility throughout their lives.

From an early age, we must train in weapons, skills, riding and shooting, and even reading and literacy. We must learn the customs, herbs, meals, etc. of each state, everything that is closely related to His Majesty's life.

What they know is broad but not sophisticated, and cannot compare with professionals in various fields, but it is to eliminate dangers for His Majesty in all aspects, and to be useful in critical moments.

Weak and powerless palace maids will not attract anyone's attention, but it happens to be this indifference that is their greatest advantage.

Even the Queen Mother and the Empress did not have these ten people, but they were only given two to her.

At first, His Majesty always said that she valued Zizhao very much. She smiled, but she never really believed it in her heart. Looking back now, she really valued him very much.

Although Shen Ji didn't mean to blame them, Qingchen was still very upset and refused to raise his head: "The empress is kind, but I have to admit my mistake. If I hadn't inadvertently inhaled some smoke, I wouldn't have taken action too late. The queen was frightened."

"If there is anything wrong with the empress, I will be the one to blame for my death."

Shen Ji smiled and shook his head: "If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be alive at this time."

After saying that, she looked at the rest of the people in the hall: "No one is allowed to tell anyone the whole story of Qingchen's rescue of me today, as well as Qingtan Qingchen's identity. It is only said that Qingchen protects the master loyally, and he discovered it in time, and this saved the day."

"If I know who leaked it, I will not be lenient."

After saying that, Shen Ji's tense mood relaxed: "Starting from tomorrow, all the doors and windows of all uninhabited houses in Chenyou Palace will be locked and no one will be allowed to enter. Let's re-inspect Chenyou Palace and check it carefully. , no mistake can be made even if everything is turned upside down. The assassin tonight just gave me a reason, I must isolate the danger outside the palace gate, and this kind of thing cannot happen again. "

Shuangying and others bowed their knees and responded: "Don't worry, my lady, I will look through it carefully and never miss any corner."

-

The road from Chenyou Palace to Fengyi Palace is very close, but for some reason, in such a cold and dark night,

It seems very far away. It is clearly just a short straight line, but it seems that I can't see the end after walking for a long time.

The queen was weak and had to teach Concubine Yide and Shen Ji about the palace affairs every day during these days, as well as take care of the palace. She often suffered from insomnia and palpitations at night, making it difficult to sleep peacefully, and drinking tranquilizers did not help.

I woke up from my sleep in the middle of the night today and spent all my energy investigating the assassin and comforting Shen Ji. Until this time, my chest felt tight and tight, and my heart palpitations were unbearable.

She frowned slightly, closed her eyes tightly and leaned on the phoenix chariot, feeling that it was difficult to breathe.

The cold rolled through the palace road, making a shallow whistling sound. It was quiet everywhere, and there was no sound of anyone.

Yun Lan followed the Empress, and seeing her eyes closed in discomfort, she couldn't help but said: "Empress, I know that you and Concubine Yu are close, and I also thank Concubine Yu for treating you sincerely. But just now, Chen You Palace, seeing your majesty being so nervous about your concubine, treating her so well, I have never seen all kinds of special things, even in front of you. You are the current queen, his majesty's first wife, and I still feel a little uncomfortable in my heart. ..."

She lowered her head and complained softly: "It's not worth it for you."

Yun Lan has been with her for many years, spending more time with her than her parents and siblings. She can be said to be the closest person to her in the world.

Even someone who knows her well like her feels this way, let alone what others will think.

The queen's eyes slowly opened, and her usually gentle voice was very weak, with a bit of indifference that could see through everything: "Even if it is not the noble concubine, it will be another different woman. If I care about how well your majesty treats others every day, , but are you still alive today?"

"Your Majesty and I have never been an ordinary couple, but the emperor and the mother of the country. They were not united by love in the beginning. It is good if they can respect each other."

"Concubine Yu is an excellent woman. I like her. Your Majesty naturally has a keen eye. In this case, don't say it again in the future."

She has been burdened with family responsibilities and the burden of motherhood throughout her life, and has never enjoyed a day of true freedom. However, she was born like this. Even though she longed for birds in the sky, she could not grow wings to fly freely throughout her life.

Although he is only in his twenties, Wei Yiyao's life can be seen at a glance.

She is like a big tree wrapped in vines. She was born to protect others from the wind and rain and provide shade. Even if she likes blue sky and white clouds and the blooming spring, she can't take a step outside.

Now that I am helpless, should I still envy the true feelings of others?

Your Majesty, it is extremely cold at high places, and Shen Ji's life is miserable.

It would be a good thing to be able to spend the long night with sincerity in this bitterly cold palace.

Yun Lan, who was next to her, responded in a muffled voice and stopped mentioning the matter. The Queen breathed a sigh of relief and said softly: "I am not feeling well, please go back quickly."

-

In Changxin Palace, the crescent moon is as cold as water, and the entire courtyard is dilapidated and desolate.

Lin Guibi sat in the courtyard in a daze, looking up at the moon in the sky, opening her eyes wide and muttering to herself: "Hiiragi, did you hear it? There was a big noise just next door."

"Is that bitch Shen Ji dead? They went to collect her body, right?"

Seeing the almost crazy expression on the empress's face, Tongmei trembled slightly: "My empress... this servant heard what was said..."

"The assassin has ambush..."!

Chapter 124

The story of Chen You's assassination in the palace at night with the intention of killing Yu Gui's concubine made a big fuss, and everyone in the palace knew about it early in the morning.

There was such a big thing as an assassin in the palace, and rumors started to spread. The people sent by His Majesty and the Queen to investigate the assassin did not dare to delay. They investigated and interrogated overnight and traced the source. Three days later, detailed results were obtained.

The assassin's name was Mu Qing. He was twenty-three years old. Soon after entering the palace for training, he was assigned to Lin Guifei's Changxin Palace as a rough emissary. He stayed there for seven years.

She usually doesn't talk much and is quite stable. Most of the people she makes friends with in the palace are the maids of Changxin Palace. Although there are many familiar maids outside, there is no one she is close to. Since Lin Guifei was banned and demoted, She was assigned to work as a fire girl in the Shangshi Bureau.

Lin Guibin's meals were specially delivered to her every day. No matter whether she ate or not, she had three meals a day. Most of the meals were delivered by palace maids or eunuchs from the Shangshi Bureau. A few days ago, Mu Qing was Sent to deliver meals to Lin Guibin, they met Piao Mei, who recognized Mu Qing and took her to see Lin Guibi.

According to the recollections of the guard guarding the door, most of the maids delivering meals came out as soon as they came in, or were kicked out directly. Mu Qing spent more time in the house than others, and her expression when she came out was not as avoidable and kind as others. Afraid, she just lowered her head and walked in a hurry, but she only went there once, and she must have never come to see him off again to avoid suspicion.

It was only after that day that the palace maid who worked with her at the Shangshi Bureau discovered Mu Qing's whereabouts. She stole a broken-tip meat cleaver from the Shangshi Bureau and secretly came out to sharpen it every night. The next whereabouts were the same as what Zi Pei had explained. She hid in Chenyou Palace under the pretext of going to the toilet, and found the sleeping hall in the middle of the night.

As for where the drug came from, and how he knew the internal topography of Chenyou Palace, Mu Qing refused to tell her until she died. His Majesty and the Queen's people made repeated inquiries but could not find any clues.

Although the process of Mu Qing's assassination cannot be completely restored, Shang Shiju's confession and witness evidence indicate that she started planning the assassination after going to Changxin Palace, so all of this is inseparable from Lin Guibi.

After going round and round, the mastermind behind the scenes still fell on Lin Guibi's head.

The person who reported the report bowed and exited the main hall of Fengyi Palace at the Queen's signal. Qin Yuan's face was gloomy, and his black eyes were full of anger.

"Someone, go and bring Mrs. Lin here."

He originally thought that confining Lin Guibi in his palace was both punishment and a good thing for her.

There was no Changle to take care of, and there were no others to slander her. After so many days, she could always calm down and reflect on her past. Don't always challenge his bottom line, let alone do things that exceed the rules and make yourself crazy.

Unexpectedly, she still didn't think she was at fault until now. From the beginning to the end, she only resented others, thinking that it was others who caused her to be in this situation.

It is really foolish to be stripped of your glory and remain alone without repentance.

*

In Fengyi Palace, Shen Ji sat at the bottom, raised his eyes to look at His Majesty and the Queen, hesitated to speak for a long time, and finally did not speak.

In fact, to her, although Lin Guibi was hateful, there must be a hand behind this matter.

How could a fire-burning girl let her go to the meal? Where did the drug come from, and how did she know the terrain?

How could it be such a coincidence that the person who sent Lin to the palace to help Lin Guifei met Lin?

Lin Guibi hates Shen

Ji is deep in his bones, and he doesn't have the ability to prepare a more thorough and secure way to frame him, so it is only satisfying to sacrifice the chess piece Mu Qing to kill him with one blow. However, although the whereabouts of this move are easy to trace, the most critical assassination can only be completed by Mu Qing alone, so there are very few clues that can be investigated.

In the past three days, everyone Mu Qing knew and had contact with had been repeatedly asked, but no valid information could be found. It can be seen that this plan allowed the person to hide it well.

If Shen Ji succeeds in dying, Lin Guibi will also die. It is a perfect plan for her to enjoy the benefits of being a fisherman.

Although Shen Ji suspected that it was Concubine Yide, she was indeed the most likely one. However, there was no evidence. Secondly, she had no grudge against Concubine Yide. In addition, there were many people in the palace who were dissatisfied with her. Could anyone Shen Ji could not be 100% sure that he was secretly fueling the flames behind his back.

But the most important reason why she no longer mentioned it to His Majesty and the Queen was because of her assassination. His Majesty and the Queen paid such great attention to her that no one in the previous harem knew about it.

It was pitiful that she was assassinated, but she was safe after all. His Majesty valued her so much that he almost wanted to turn the harem upside down. There were already many people dissatisfied with the unrest in the harem because of her, and there were many rumors. This was true for the harem, not to mention the previous dynasty. .

Being praised too highly and attracting too much attention is not a good thing. Shen Ji is always uneasy and in danger of falling.

Your Majesty and the Queen have sent so many people to investigate but no results have been found. If she continues to hold on to her, it will only make people more dissatisfied. In this case, it is best to leave this matter to Lin Guibin.

*

Changxin Palace was only across Chenyou Palace from Fengyi Palace. Within half an hour, Lin Guibi was brought there.

She walked slowly from the door, still wearing the same gorgeous palace dress as she remembered. Her black hair was pulled high and her head was full of pearls. When she walked, her neck was straight and her chin was slightly raised. Her expression was full of arrogance and dignity.

But the same dress and the same look on Lin Guibi's body now make people feel pitiful, lamentable, ironic and sad.

She was originally slender and well-proportioned, but now she is thin and haggard, like a flower that is about to bloom. Her hair, which was once black and thick, is now as dry as grass, and even the luxurious palace dress on her body is dull.

Compared with Shen Ji's current beauty and graceful appearance, it is not without irony.

She walked slowly and stopped in front of His Majesty. Her originally arrogant expression gradually turned into sadness, self-deprecation and despair.

Qin Yuan looked at her coldly, with no trace of pity in his eyes.

Lin Guibi lowered her eyes, saluted His Majesty, and knelt on the ground.

Seeing her behavior, Qin Yuan sneered: "I wanted to ask you personally, but you asked me to do this. Looking at your current situation, I don't need to ask you anymore."

His voice deepened and he said sternly: "Mu Qing is you, the one sent to assassinate Concubine Yu."

Lin Guibi slowly raised her head and looked at His Majesty, then at Shen Ji, and suddenly burst out laughing. She laughed for a long time, even tears came out of her eyes: "It's exactly what I sent someone to do, how about it, is Your Majesty satisfied?" ?"

She speaks incoherently and behaves like crazy. How can she look like a concubine?

Qin Yuan frowned and scolded in a deep voice: "Lin Guibi, what a shame you are!"

"Do you know what a heinous crime it is to mutilate a concubine and assassinate a concubine in the palace! I ground you to make you reflect on your mistakes, but you don't know how to repent and make the same mistake again and again. You don't change it at all. You only know how to resent others. You

Are you even ignoring Changle? "

After that, Qin Yuan took a deep breath to suppress his anger, and completely lost all thoughts of talking to her: "I have been patient with you again and again. Unexpectedly, you are no longer the Lin Xuanji you used to be."

Concubine Lin's eyes gradually turned red, and she asked with a crazy smile: "What's wrong with me? I'm right! It was that bitch Shen Ji who was wrong!"

"If Shen Ji hadn't taken away your favor, how could you

Don't you like me anymore? How could I have fallen out of favor if Shen Ji hadn't been seduced by Shen Ji and ignored her! "

She pointed at Shen Ji and shouted loudly: "In the past, you could ignore anything no matter how extreme it was, but since she came, everything has changed! Demotion, grounding, even Chang Le, you can ruthlessly take it away, I have already Because she lost everything, how can you not hate me! How can you swallow this breath!"

Lin Guibi's tears burst out, her eyes were red, full of hatred and unwillingness towards Shen Ji: "Your Majesty, it was I who met you first, my childhood sweetheart! Even though the queen is not my concubine, as long as there is Your love, I am willing to do so! I am so happy! But why, why did she take everything away, why did you come to Changxin Palace less and less after she came?"

"I'm not willing to give in, I'm not willing to give in! How can she, a commoner, compare to the friendship between me and His Majesty!"

"I tried every means to remedy the situation, but what about you! Have you ever looked at me! I want her to die! I want her to die! What I, Lin Xuanji, can't get, she, Shen Ji, can't get!"

"My Lin family is full of glory, and I, Lin Xuanji, have been proud all my life, and I will never allow a bitch like Shen Ji to step on my head!"

"Hahahahahaha..."

"Presumptuous!" Qin Yuan frowned and slapped the table hard. The loud noise and the sound of cups shattering even startled the Queen and Shen Ji, which showed that His Majesty's anger had reached its peak.

"Someone, drag her down!"

The guards waiting at the door immediately took Lin Guibi out of Fengyi Palace on the left and right, but she was still laughing crazily, like a madman, without any sense at all.

Shen Ji watched Lin Guibin being dragged further and further away, without any disturbance in his heart.

The step by step she would take to get where she is today is all her fault, and she cannot blame anyone else. It was because she was dissatisfied that she was being favored and kept pressing forward, and it was also because she was blinded by the honor of her status and His Majesty's favor, and she harmed countless people.

It is pitiful that His Majesty Admiration is trapped for life, but she is even more hateful and does not deserve sympathy.

His Majesty looked steadily at the direction in which Lin was dragged down, the anger in his heart still not calming down.

He said sternly: "Your noble concubine, Lin, intends to assassinate and harm the palace concubines. She has done so repeatedly and offended the beauty of heaven. This is unforgivable. The princess is still young because of her birth. From today on, she will be reduced to a commoner and live in seclusion in Changxin forever." palace."

"Assassin Mu Qing will be executed immediately to serve as a warning to others."

"The Lin family colluded with the common people of Lin in the early years. The evidence is conclusive and the crime is unforgivable. If the decree continues, Lin family will be fined three years by the minister, and Lin family's children will not be allowed to enter the official position for three years."

"yes!"

His Majesty's imperial edict has been issued, and the matter is settled for the time being. Lin was demoted to a commoner and lived in seclusion in Changxin Palace forever. Although she was still alive, it was better for her to be dead.

As for why His Majesty spared Lin's life, Shen Ji was not surprised.

Even if the friendship between the Lin family and Taifu Lin, and the friendship they grew up with His Majesty, have all changed beyond recognition, they will not be exterminated.

What's more, although Lin was implicated, the foundation was not touched. All this is not the end.

The centipede is dead but not stiff. She is a hidden danger while alive.

But before she dies, she has one last point of use.

After handling Lin's affairs, His Majesty left Fengyi Palace with a calm look on his face. The Queen had been feeling unwell for the past few days, so Shen Ji helped her sleep and then walked out lightly.

Unexpectedly, before she returned to Chenyou Palace, she saw Aunt Meiying coming next to the Queen Mother and said that the Queen Mother asked her to come over. !

Chapter 125

Hearing the name of the Queen Mother, Shen Ji's heart suddenly jumped and he had a bad premonition.

The Queen Mother almost never inquires about the affairs of the harem, but once she does, it means there must be a result. From the first time she entered the palace, she understood that the person who should not offend the most in the palace was not other people, but the Queen Mother.

Shen Ji would not be stupid enough to think that the Queen Mother summoned her just to care about her assassination.

As His Majesty's biological mother, the only winner in the late emperor's harem who had the last laugh, there is no doubt about her vision and ability.

The Queen Mother has never seen any of the methods used by the concubines in the palace. In front of the Queen Mother, no matter how eloquent or scheming they are, it is useless.

Shen Ji originally thought that when she was promoted to the throne and assisted in the harem, the Queen Mother would send her a lecture. After all, she climbed too fast and too high, which had broken the original balance in the palace. Who would have thought that it would not happen for so many days.

But even though she didn't, there was always a faint worry in her heart, and she would get scared every time she thought about it.

Everyone in the palace thinks that the Queen Mother likes her, His Majesty likes her, even the Queen Mother likes her, and thinks she is a very lucky person. But Shen Ji knew that the Queen Mother had never been fond of her, at most she had some admiration, and she wanted her to weigh in on Lin Guibin.

She had promised the Queen Mother when she was in the Longevity Palace.

One cannot touch the heirs in the harem, and two cannot monopolize the emperor's favor.

She had never touched the heir, but if she said she had never touched the second item, even Shen Ji himself felt guilty.

His Majesty's affection for her was concealed until he made it clear, but since the last time he was in Jianzhang Hall, he has become more and more blatant and has almost never been to others. What is this kind of behavior if it is not to monopolize the emperor's favor?

Shen Ji was stunned for a moment. Although she felt uneasy, there was absolutely no reason why she could not resist the order. She pursed her lips and smiled, and said politely, "Auntie, please go there in person, and I will go with you."

Mei Ying nodded and smiled as she led her to the Longevity Palace without saying a word along the way.

When they were almost there, Shen Ji couldn't help but ask: "Aunt Mei Ying, does she know why the Queen Mother called me?"

After all, she felt that Mei Ying would not tell her, so she changed her question to a compromise question: "Auntie, how is the Queen Mother today?"

Mei Ying looked back at her and smiled reassuringly: "I'll find out when the queen is gone."

Seeing that his aunt was unwilling to say more, Shen Ji had no choice but to give up.

As soon as she arrived at the door of Changshou Palace, Mei Ying bowed and said in a warm voice: "I will send you here. The Queen Mother is already waiting in the palace. Please go."

Shen Ji nodded and walked into the main hall of Longevity Palace alone. The Queen Mother sat on the main seat and looked at her.

She did not dare to delay, bowed her head slightly and stepped forward, saying respectfully: "I would like to send my regards to the Queen Mother. The Queen Mother will be happy forever."

As soon as the words fell, the Queen Mother's voice was never heard. Shen Ji did not dare to move rashly and kept standing in a saluting posture. The palace fell into a long silence.

It wasn't until half of Shen Ji's body was numb and the pressure in his heart became more and more intense that he heard the sound of the friction of clothes.

The maids waiting on both sides of the palace walked out quietly. Aunt Meiying walked in alone and closed the palace door.

Mei Ying served the Queen Mother a new cup of tea. The Queen Mother moved her eyes away from Shen Ji, picked up the cup, and opened the lid to drink the tea. The sound of thin porcelain being scratched was particularly clear and ear-splitting in the empty palace.

Just as Shen Ji was about to raise his head, the Queen Mother's indifferent eyebrows suddenly became sharper.

"Kneel down."

Her tone was calm, but with an undeniable pressure. Shen Ji's heart trembled and he knelt down quickly.

"I know that I was wrong, and I would like to ask the Queen Mother not to get angry to avoid harming her body."

"Are you aware of your mistake?" The Queen Mother put down her cup, "What's your mistake?"

Shen Ji did not dare to make a mistake, so he knelt down and kowtowed, and said sincerely: "I once promised you not to harm your heirs, and not to monopolize the emperor's favor. But recently, Your Majesty often comes to my palace, but I have never tried to persuade you." Your Majesty, the rain and dew are all wet. This is one mistake. My concubine is from a humble background. She was promoted too quickly when she entered the palace at a young age. Furthermore, she was given the right to co-manage the harem because she was favored, which caused the harem to be restless. This is a second mistake."

"I know that I have learned a lot from you along the way and have been protected by you. I feel deeply guilty. I also ask the Queen Mother to punish me. I will say nothing."

The Queen Mother stared at Shen Ji's prostrate movements for a long time. The sharpness on her face gradually softened, and the indifference in her eyes became a little more complicated.

Aunt Mei Ying next to her laughed when she saw this, but did not answer. She just went to get hot tea for the Queen Mother.

Queen Mother: "The Ai family thought you didn't know."

Queen Mother: "I didn't expect you knew it very well."

Shen Ji kowtowed again: "The Queen Mother taught me that I never dare to forget. I know that I have made many mistakes. I hope you will calm down and give me a chance to change my ways again."

The Queen Mother looked at her for a long time, and her eyes calmed down again.

"Aijia knows what kind of woman the emperor will like as a piece of meat from his body. From the time you first entered the palace, Aijia knew that the emperor would like you, but Aijia never thought about this. This liking will be more than just a liking, it will be to the point where a person like the emperor, who has been self-possessed since childhood, will be confused."

"You are a smart child. You know how to survive in the harem, and you also know how to please the emperor and queen, and even the Ai family. These are your survival skills, and you have done a good job to live up to the Ai family. His guidance back then led him to this point, which is understandable."

"But you should never, absolutely shouldn't think that the emperor only favors you."

"The emperor is the monarch of this world. His first priority is not to be the husband of anyone in the harem, but to protect the people of the world. The former dynasty and the harem are closely related. If there is any chaos, there will be civil strife."

The Queen Mother lowered her eyes and looked at Shen Ji: "Everyone in the world thinks that sitting in the position of emperor means that you are the supreme being in the world. You can do whatever you want and do everything according to your heart. It is a great freedom. Do you even think so?"

Shen Ji didn't dare to say anything.

"If you want to be a wise king, the most important thing is to know people well and appoint them well, and maintain a balance among your subordinates. There were hundreds of officials, large and small, in the previous dynasty. They were married to each other and had many secret collusions. Every decision made by the emperor would affect the previous dynasty. ."

"There are now more than forty concubines in the harem, including many daughters of officials. Although they are sent to the palace to flourish the royal family, it is one thing to be unable to retain the emperor. It is another thing for the emperor to favor one person and leave the harem empty. Something happened."

"Once a courtier is dissatisfied, there will be a huge uproar. As the emperor's bedfellow, have you never thought about why you can't just dote on him?"

"Not to mention that the royal family has few heirs, which will cause endless troubles."

The Queen Mother twisted her hands and slowly moved the jade beads: "It is a mistake to monopolize the emperor's favor and not to persuade the emperor."

Shen Ji had cold sweat on his forehead and didn't dare to look up.

"As for your humble background and your short time in the palace, you are not worthy of your qualifications. The Ai family has never felt this way."

After hearing this, Shen Ji was a little surprised and subconsciously raised his head.

Just listen to the Queen Mother say: "In the palace, the Lin family was alone in the harem, and everyone in the harem was in danger and breathless. It was the Ai family who wanted you to stand firm and compete with her, and you did a good job indeed. "

"Being favored by the emperor, giving birth to a smart third prince, and taking good care of the queen, with your ability, you will naturally take the throne of the first palace. Before you have monopolized the emperor's favor recently, no matter how fast you climb, it will make people dissatisfied. , the Ai family can turn a blind eye."

The emerald hand beside his ear moved gently and gently. Shen Ji held his breath and waited for the Queen Mother's next words.

"But do you know why the Ai family has to let you come here today?"

Shen Ji shook his head: "I am ignorant, please don't hesitate to tell me."

"The incident of your assassination caused a huge uproar. Although the Ai family did not interfere with the affairs of the harem, they were not blind and deaf. The queen also informed the Ai family of the whole story of your assassination."

"Lin's climate is over, and the emperor has become a commoner because he misses his old love. But Lin, who is still grounded, cannot do this."

The Queen Mother asked: "Have you guessed the person behind her?"

Even if Shen Ji guessed something without any evidence, he couldn't talk nonsense. He could only lie down and remain silent.

"You don't understand the situation and people's hearts. The emperor's favor has blinded you now. You only care about the present and don't care about the future. This gives people with ulterior motives an opportunity to take advantage of it and makes the whole palace uneasy. This is the second mistake."

The Queen Mother's every word was eloquent, and Shen Ji could not argue with it.

After a moment, the Queen Mother said again: "Get up and sit down. There is no need to be restrained anymore."

Aunt Mei Ying smiled and stepped forward to help Shen Ji up: "Your Majesty, sit down and I will make tea for you."

Mei Ying's intimacy made Shen Ji feel a little relieved.

"There have been a lot of rumors in the palace recently, and some of them have fallen on the ears of the Ai family, but they are not very popular."

"The Ai family sent people secretly to find the source of the rumors to see who was so dishonest. Who do you think it could be?"

Shen Ji lowered his head: "It must be the person behind the Lin family."

"It's not too stupid," the Queen Mother glanced at her, "The Ai family has worked hard to get you to where you are today. Even if you did something wrong, you didn't let others frame you as a stepping stone."

Hearing this, Shen Ji suddenly raised his head and looked at the Queen Mother.

Aunt Mei Ying, who was standing next to the Queen Mother, still looked at her and smiled, with some kindness in her eyes.

I thought that the Queen Mother came today just to punish and admonish her, but I didn't expect it. Although the Queen Mother was dissatisfied with her monopolizing the emperor, she was not just dissatisfied with her, she also had this intention.

It was precisely because the Queen Mother had placed so many expectations on her that she was disappointed and dissatisfied, and she was even less willing to watch her fall into the trap carefully designed by the opposite party.

Shen Ji never had any resentment toward the Queen Mother, and today he also came to sincerely admit his mistakes. He never thought that the Queen Mother was a cold-faced and warm-hearted person, and he couldn't help but feel a warm current in his heart.

She defended in a low voice: "I knew that Lin wanted to frame me, so I wanted to lure the enemy deeper. Unexpectedly, the man was hidden, so he couldn't be implicated."

"So, the Ai family has worried about you in vain?"

Shen Ji hurriedly lowered his head: "I made a mistake, I didn't dare."

The Queen Mother closed her eyes and said softly: "The Queen is not in good health. I have been taking care of the Queen more recently, and I should also advise the Emperor more, especially the Queen. If the former harem becomes dissatisfied because of your exclusive favor, The Ai family will never be lenient."

"I understand."

The palace became quiet again. After a long time, the Queen Mother said calmly: "Concubine Yide is not an easy child, and she has deep thoughts. You have to be careful."

"Mei Ying, send the concubines back and ask the small kitchen to cook some of the emperor's and empress' favorite dishes. Invite them over tonight."!

Chapter 126

When Shen Ji heard this, he paused for a moment and walked out.

After Mei Ying saw her off, she turned back to the inner hall and said with a smile: "The Queen Mother spoke so harshly to Concubine Yu today. As soon as Concubine Yu opens her mouth, I will know that you are soft-hearted."

"The child I trained/taught has been filial to you for many days. No matter how many mistakes I make, I can't bear to really punish her. It's just that I was very frightened at first when I looked at the noble concubine."

"There are constant disputes in the harem, and who can really be clean? For example, the Queen Mother could have turned a blind eye to the matter of Concubine Yide, but today she made excuses to say it, which shows that she still feels sorry for Concubine Yu. "

After Mei Ying exposed her worries, the Queen Mother gave her a faint glance: "No matter how soft-hearted she is, she has done something wrong and let down the Ai family. If she smiles playfully with her, how can she really know her mistake? I'm afraid it will get worse. It is necessary to be lenient and strict, so that She knows her mistakes and will change them in the future."

After saying that, the Queen Mother closed her eyes slightly and sighed: "How could the Ai family not know that it is not her fault for monopolizing the emperor's favor? Concubines have always had the right to accept the emperor's favor and never have a choice. This matter All said and done, the emperor still wanted to do this, and the most she could do was to accuse her of not admonishing her."

"The Ai family thought that the emperor understood this. They never thought that after more than seven years on the throne, the emperor would be obsessed with a woman."

"That's all. When the emperor and the empress come tonight, the Ai family will be happy to talk about him."

*

On the way back from Changshou Palace to Chenyou Palace, Shen Ji said nothing.

It was not because the Queen Mother's admonitions and teachings made her dissatisfied, but she suddenly realized that during the recent period, she seemed to be as sober as usual, but in fact, she was gradually immersed in His Majesty's specialness and love for her.

Although she clearly knew that these favors would lead to disaster, she never thought of persuading His Majesty to accept the rain and dew equally, and she never thought of pushing away.

It seems that since the last time they had an open heart chat with His Majesty in Jianzhang Hall, they can really have a new beginning.

His Majesty treated her better than before, so much so that the whole palace looked at him, and even treated her with tenderness and affection. The harem seemed to be empty, but she was the only one in his heart, and she gradually felt moved by this specialness. There is a feeling of dependence, and everything seems to be going in a good place.

But today the Queen Mother's words were like a basin of cold water poured on her deceived mind, covering her from head to toe.

Your Majesty is your Majesty after all. There are countless beauties among the seventy-two concubines in the three palaces and six courtyards. Even if he favors her alone now, it will not last long, and he cannot focus on her alone.

It was during these days that His Majesty treated her so special and so well that her cold and heartless heart gradually melted, thinking that they could really stay like this forever.

Shen Ji was thinking, if she lost herself and completely fell in love with His Majesty, how would she feel if His Majesty did not come to her in the future and went to other women's palaces, thinking about the man she loved and another woman Wu Shan Yunyu? ?

Are you like the common people in Lin who sit alone until dawn and then lose their minds and kill those who are favored?

It's obviously just self-deception.

When His Majesty expressed his feelings to her, she said that she needed time and wanted to take her time.

But Shen Ji almost forgot that their identity had never been slow.

In this palace, falling in love with His Majesty requires

She has suffered too much. She has already suffered enough in the past and is not willing to suffer again for the rest of her life. Therefore, there was never any possibility that she and His Majesty would be in love and agree with each other. If she wanted to live peacefully in this palace long enough and raise Zizhao, she could only be a virtuous concubine.

Shen Ji was in a daze along the way, and Shen Ji even forgot when she sat on the stool.

There were many brocade boxes on the table, with a dazzling array of things to see. Shuangying held one of the boxes of jade bracelets and asked with a smile: "Your Majesty, your Majesty sent these to you this morning. I think they are to comfort your Majesty who was frightened by the assassination. Among them, These jade bracelets are of the best quality and are extremely hard to find. Can I bring them to you, my servant? Your Majesty will definitely be happy when you come back."

Shen Ji was still in a trance and didn't reply for a long time. Shuangying looked at the expression on the empress's face and thought that she was in a trance when she came back from the longevity palace today. She couldn't help but worry: "Empress? Are you feeling unwell?"

Shen Ji broke away from his thoughts and looked at Shuangying and looked away: "No need, just put them all in the warehouse."

Shuangying hesitated: "These..."

She waved her hand, unwilling to look any further: "Your Majesty has sent you enough things, so why bother wearing them all."

"keep it."

Seeing that the empress had made up her mind, Shuangying had no choice but to put the brocade box away again and ask the maid serving in the palace to move the things into the warehouse with her.

Thinking of the warehouse, Shuangying seemed to have remembered something again, and turned around and said: "Empress, the slaves have sent people to search Chenyou Palace in the past few days, and have blocked all the gaps. The maids and eunuchs below have also changed a batch, but there are still There is something that I have always found strange, and even Qingtan and Qingchen can't figure out why."

"When we first arrived, there was a faint smell in the warehouse, but we could never find the root cause. After careful inspection in the past two days, we found that the source of the smell seemed to be missing. Instead, the entire warehouse was filled with something like this. If there is no smell, I moved all the things and found nothing unusual."

"What do you think should be done?"

Shen Ji raised his head: "Strange fragrance?"

This was indeed the case a few days ago. Things in the palace that want to harm people are often invisible, and spices are one of them. But it's really puzzling that we can't find the root cause or the root cause.

The warehouse is not exposed to light all year round, and the doors and windows are closed, so it is more or less airtight. It is obvious who sent the gift to him and had it scented in advance. Since it is a scent, it can always be dispersed cleanly.

"Keep the doors and windows of the warehouse open for a few days for ventilation. Just send a few more people to keep an eye on the doors and windows when they are opened."

After saying that, Shen Ji put his forehead on his forehead and rubbed his eyebrows: "I'm tired, please help me take a rest."

*

During dinner time, people came and went in Changshou Palace, which was rarely so lively.

The emperor and empress sat around a table with the queen mother. The table was full of delicacies, which clearly showed the care taken in tonight's dinner.

However, Qin Yuan and the Queen were both aware of the Queen Mother's intentions in arranging the dinner. However, one of them was not feeling well and managed to hold on, while the other's mind was not here. Even though the three of them were sitting together, they could not be called happy. .

Zhang Pu personally came to prepare the dishes for the three of them. He lowered his eyebrows and remained silent. The Queen Mother noticed this and took a look at the Emperor first. He then spoke to the Queen: "The Ai family remembers that the Queen has not been feeling well these past few days. Is it better today?"

The Queen was about to speak, but the Queen Mother did not give her a chance to speak. She added: "The Queen is unwell. The Emperor should be with her more, but why does Ai Jia ask first?"

When these words were spoken, both Qin Yuan and the Queen were startled for a moment. !

Chapter 127

Qin Yuan paused in raising the chopsticks, raised his slightly drooped eyelids, put a pair of silver chopsticks next to him again, and coughed lightly: "What the mother taught me is that it is the son's fault."

He turned to the queen: "I heard that Zitong is suffering from heart palpitations and discomfort. How does the imperial doctor think? Is he feeling better after taking medicine recently?"

The queen's movements also froze.

What the Queen Mother meant was that she hoped that there could be harmony between the emperors and empresses. Even if they did not have deep love as husband and wife, they still had to have some friendship, so that they could give birth to a legitimate son as soon as possible.

But since she married His Majesty, she and His Majesty have always been in a state of respect and respect for each other. She kept many things in silence and His Majesty did not need to say it to her to understand it, and she would never say it openly.

Not to mention the special title "Zitong", which had to be specially mentioned in front of the Queen Mother to satisfy the Queen Mother.

But in order to comply with the filial piety, His Majesty must do this. Even though the Queen felt strange and uncomfortable in her heart, she had to pretend to cooperate, so that she could cope with it.

She nodded slightly and smiled softly: "Thank you for your concern, Your Majesty. I feel much better after a few days of rest."

After talking back and forth, Qin Yuan picked up the silver chopsticks again.

Seeing their perfunctory looks, the Queen Mother frowned: "The Queen is your first wife, gentle and virtuous, and manages the harem for you. No matter how busy she is with government affairs, she still has to take time to visit. This not only shows the deep love between the Emperor and the Empress, but also for the sake of calming her down. Live in the harem to avoid getting angry. The emperor has been on the throne for seven years. Do I still need to remind you of this trivial matter? "

"There are some things that the queen cannot say, but the Aijia must let you know. You must always remember the rules left by our ancestors. To gather favors on one person is to accumulate resentment on one person. Such a simple truth, if the Aijia doesn't believe it, you don't know."

Qin Yuan stopped moving his chopsticks again.

But he didn't look displeased at all, and personally put a chopstick of duck meat into the Queen Mother's bowl: "Mother, it's a dry day in spring. My son saw that the duck meat was stewed very well. It replenishes qi, nourishes yin and removes internal heat. You use more."

The Queen Mother remained silent.

Seeing this, Qin Yuan collected his chopsticks calmly and gave the Queen another chopstick with slices of ginseng and black-bone chicken. He said softly: "The Queen taught you a lesson well, and your son will learn from it."

"I heard that my mother only met Yu Gui's concubine today. I think it was because of this."

The Queen Mother relaxed her brows and said: "The Ai family knows that you understand. But you clearly understand, but you still want to be so doting. In the eyes of others, can you not be jealous or resentful? As an emperor, you are very good at government affairs. , but now he has lost his balance in the harem. Recently, many people in the harem of the former dynasty have been dissatisfied because of constant rumors about the concubine Yu Gui. That is why the concubine Yu Gui was in danger many times. "

"Only by knowing moderation and not being partial can you live long. The Ai family knows that you like the noble concubine Yu, but with her status, the more stable the relationship is, the safer it will be. When she is the next heir, and the time in the palace is longer, you will give her now She will not have so many complaints."

The Queen Mother rarely talks about the harem to His Majesty, but once she does, it means she is dissatisfied. There is no need to be so taboo about talking between a biological mother and her son, and they can naturally be direct, but the Queen is always an outsider between them. Her Majesty has been trained, so she can only pretend to be deaf and mute, keeping her head silent.

She was not unaware of the fact that His Majesty favored Shen Ji, which caused rumors in the harem. Many concubines also complained openly and secretly that His Majesty favored one person and left the harem empty.

But as a queen, she can only advise but cannot control these matters. What's more, she also knows His Majesty's thoughts about Shen Ji.

They couldn't even open their mouths.

Between emotion and reason, we are in a dilemma.

Today, the Queen Mother said everything she could not say. The Queen felt relieved but also relieved.

Song Zai fulfilled her duties as queen, and Ti Zai was worried about His Majesty and Shen Ji.

What she does as a queen is never competent.

Suddenly, a wave of dizziness hit her. The queen raised her hand to hold her forehead, but she didn't want her discomfort to be discovered at this time, so she just endured it silently.

My body is not fully recovered yet, and I went out again today and there was some cold wind, which inevitably made me feel a little uncomfortable. Although she has been recuperating her body now, she can't stand the fatigue and can only rest. After she collapses from exhaustion, all the efforts she has made these days will be in vain.

Qin Yuan put away the silver chopsticks and said calmly: "My son ascended the throne at the age of twenty and will be twenty-seven years old this year. In three years, he will be in his thirties."

"Over the years, my son has been diligent in political affairs and has not dared to slack off in the slightest. He is now very good at it. But in this position, my son often feels that he is too cold at high places."

The Queen Mother's frown gradually eased a bit, and she looked at the Emperor, waiting for his next words.

Qin Yuan said calmly: "I understand my mother's good intentions. But I also ask my mother to be considerate. Among all the people in the harem, only the noble concubine Yu is the most affectionate."

"There are constant disputes in the harem. No matter who I favor, there will always be people who are dissatisfied. Concubine Yu Gui is helpless and of low birth. If I am no different from her, then everyone will think that she is weak and can be bullied and can be manipulated at will. It is even more dangerous."

"I am being more blatant, just to let them know how much I value her, so that those with impure minds will have to weigh whether they can withstand the emperor's wrath. If someone still dares to take action, it means that this person is audacious and harbors evil intentions. , no matter whether I treat her ordinary or extraordinary, I will secretly kill her. In this case, I am willing to protect her."

Mentioning Shen Ji, Qin Yuan's indifferent expression showed a rare hint of tenderness: "With her and the third prince by my side, I can also smell the fireworks of the world."

The Queen Mother had never expected that the Emperor's thoughts towards Concubine Jade would reach such an extent. She was shocked and angry for a moment, her brows furrowed, but she could really open her mouth, but could not utter any harsh words of rebuke.

The emperor is her only son. How did mother and son get to where they are today step by step? There are many thrilling and life-and-death struggles that need not be mentioned again. The emperor was a young prince and ascended the throne at a young age. How hard he worked and worked hard these years. As a biological mother, she saw it in her eyes every day. Although she couldn't express it, she couldn't help but feel distressed.

After seven years, his grasp of government affairs has finally improved. As a mother, she should actually think it is a good thing to have an intimate person by her side.

But as a queen mother, her son is also the king of a country. At such a juncture, it is not worth it to cause rumors both inside and outside the court over a woman.

At this juncture, if something happens on this basis, the authority of the monarch will be damaged, and it will be a great disadvantage.

The Queen Mother looked at him intently for a while and said in a deep voice: "The Ai family has never objected to your pampering of your concubine, but if you dote on your concubine too much, bad things will happen."

"There are many concubines in the harem. In addition to the concubines of common people, there are also more than a dozen daughters of officials. I'm afraid you don't even remember the names of many of them, let alone the occasional favor."

"How long has it been since you visited Ke Meiren, the daughter of a hero who has just entered the palace?"

"you drive

He has been on the throne for five years and has been on the throne for seven years. There are only three princes and one princess in the palace, so the number of heirs is already very few. The royal family needs to spread its branches and leaves, and the harem needs to be exposed to rain and dew equally, so that this road can be walked steadily and smoothly. "

As soon as he finished speaking, the atmosphere in the palace was already solemn.

The former palace and the harem are all matters to His Majesty, and any mention of them is extremely serious. Not to mention Zhang Pu and others who were waiting in front of him didn't dare to listen, but even the queen who didn't have ears was also frightened when she heard it.

Although the Queen Mother and His Majesty did not have an ugly argument, this was the first time in so many years that she had seen the Queen Mother and His Majesty not being a loving mother and a filial son.

The palace was quiet for a long time, as if you could hear a pin drop. After a while, Qin Yuan calmly moved his eyes and said warmly: "My mother has taught me, and my son knows it. I will pay more attention to it in the future to make the harem peaceful."

The emperor has been a person with ideas since he was a child. Even as his biological mother, she can only advise him with emotion and reason, but cannot decide anything for him.

What the Queen Mother didn't expect was that Concubine Yu was so important in his heart that he would protect her even if she had a dispute with him.

That's all, as long as the emperor doesn't favor only one person and can balance the harem, it doesn't matter if he favors more women he likes.

only--

Looking at the emperor's current appearance, I always feel that I see another person through him. Time flies by, and she can no longer clearly remember his appearance, but seeing the emperor's similar facial features to his, she can still vaguely remember some of the past.

The late emperor once had a woman he liked, and he even tried his best to make her the queen and make her son the prince, despite all opposition. He made many people envious of her.

But what good would come of harboring a grudge? She was eventually killed, and her son also died in a fire. The late emperor lost his beloved and suffered from depression and illness. He passed away in just a few years. The person who finally led the young emperor to this point was none other than her.

But once upon a time, she also envied that woman who could get all her husband's love.

The Queen Mother breathed a deep sigh of relief and nodded slowly: "It's best if you understand, and it won't be in vain for the Ai family to arrange today."

She stretched out her hand, put it on Mei Ying's wrist and stood up: "The Ai family is a little tired. After you finish your meal, you can go back to Fengyi Palace to rest. There is no need to pay greetings to the Ai family."

Back to Fengyi Palace, Qin Yuan wanted to rest with the queen today. Qin Yuan and the Queen both heard the implication of the words and stood up to salute the Queen Mother: "Best farewell to the Queen Mother."

The Queen Mother walked out of the door, turned her back to them and raised her hand to indicate that they did not need to be polite. However, when she stepped out of the threshold, she said lightly.

"The middle palace is orthodox, and the Ai family is still waiting to have a legitimate grandson."

As soon as the Queen Mother left, the feeling of oppression in the palace suddenly became lighter. However, when the Queen looked at His Majesty's forbearing expression, she felt uneasy for the first time. A dinner was so torturous.

The Queen clearly did nothing wrong, but under such circumstances, she insisted on asking His Majesty to come close to her. How could His Majesty be happy? Even if she had done nothing wrong, she would still feel uneasy.

The forceful melon is not sweet, and even she herself feels uncomfortable in this situation.

After a hurried dinner, His Majesty and her walked out of the palace gate of Changshou Palace and went to Fengyi Palace together.

When the queen got on the chariot, His Majesty extended his hand to support her. After the queen sat firmly, he returned to the chariot. His Majesty has always treated her well and respected her very much. He always showed the dignity and etiquette that a queen should have.

It's not uncommon for the queen to feel extremely guilty in today's situation.

The two entered the main hall in silence. Yun Lan signaled the maids in the palace to retreat outside the door and wait, leaving the emperor and empress time to talk while he went to the penthouse to bring over the medicine that the empress had been taking for a long time.

The pitch-black concoction was at just the right temperature. The queen turned slightly to the side, frowned and drank the bowl of medicine, then put the bowl back on the tray.

The bitter taste filled her mouth, and the queen couldn't help but cover her mouth with a handkerchief and cough twice.

Seeing her unwell appearance, Qin Yuan felt deeply that he had paid too little attention to her. The Queen was virtuous and gentle, and he really shouldn't.

"What did the imperial doctor say when he took your pulse? I remember that you have been taking care of your body, and there was some improvement before. Why is it getting worse now?"

Yun Lan was holding the tray and wanted to speak for the empress, but then she thought about it and walked out quietly with her things.

Except for His Majesty's regular visit on the first and fifteenth day of the lunar month, I usually never see His Majesty accompanying the Empress. Today I finally have the opportunity. It is the Empress's turn to say these words herself.

The door was gently closed, and the queen saw it, but shook her head: "The weather in spring is unpredictable, and the palace affairs are complicated, so I accidentally collapsed from exhaustion. Your Majesty, don't worry.

Qin Yuan said warmly: "You are not in good health. It is too laborious to take care of palace affairs alone. Fortunately, Concubine Yide and Concubine Yu can help you now. You can safely leave some troublesome work to them. Your health is important." , you should take good care of it."

The queen nodded in agreement and said softly: "Thank you for your concern, Your Majesty. Concubine Yide and Concubine Yu are both smart people and have learned well. I, my concubine, will be able to relax in the future."

After that, she slowly raised her head and said thoughtfully: "Your Majesty... You don't have to worry too much about today's matter. I know my own body. I have never wanted to compete for favor, let alone put your Majesty in a dilemma. You don't have to worry about it." Force yourself for the sake of my concubine."

"The queen is virtuous, I have always understood that, you don't have to worry," Qin Yuan said calmly, "The queen is never a meddlesome person, so today's admonishment is certainly justified. I have been particularly fond of the noble concubine recently, which has caused dissatisfaction with the former harem and the harem. It is true that It's because I didn't think carefully."

"I know this well, so you don't need to worry about it."

Queen: "Yes."

Qin Yuan stood up and said, "I've been tired recently, so I'll settle in early."

The Queen Mother hoped to give birth to her legitimate son as soon as possible, so she held a banquet for Her Majesty to rest in Fengyi Palace today. However, the Queen could also see that although Her Majesty was in Fengyi Palace, her heart was not there. The indifference and tiredness between her brows filled the general's mind. At once.

She and His Majesty have been treating each other like guests for ten years, respecting and loving each other, and performing their respective duties. But now one is forced to bear it, and the other is reluctant to deal with it. It's a stiff and rude process, without any dignity.

The queen doesn't like this, and she doesn't want it.

She stood up and bowed, lowered her head and said, "I am not feeling well. I often have heart palpitations at night. I toss and turn and find it difficult to rest on my head. I'm afraid I can't accompany you."

"If you don't rest well in Fengyi Palace and affect the dragon's body, it will be my concubine's fault."

Qin Yuan lowered his eyes and looked at the queen quietly.

After a long while, he helped the queen to stand up and said warmly: "Yiyao, I am lucky to have you as my queen."

"It's also me who failed you."

The queen smiled calmly, but the deep fatigue and lethargy in her eyes flashed away. She stopped talking and lowered her head to send her off respectfully: "I send you off to your majesty."

After leaving Fengyi Palace, Qin Yuan sat on the dragon chariot, thinking about everything today, and his mood was so complicated that it was hard to describe.

Zhang Pu followed His Majesty and asked, "Does Your Majesty want to return to Jianzhang Hall now, or -"

Qin Yuan glanced at him and said lightly: "Chen You Palace."!

Chapter 128

Zhang Pu was startled when he heard the words "Chen You Palace".

When she was in Changshou Palace just now, the Empress Dowager always insisted that Your Majesty should be exposed to both rain and dew, and that she should not favor anyone alone. Even if Your Majesty did not stay in Fengyi Palace today, she could not go to Chenyou Palace.

After following His Majesty for so many years, he still couldn't figure out what was going on in His Majesty's mind.

However, it was difficult to disobey the emperor's order. Zhang Pu did not dare to look at His Majesty's face. He immediately threw a whisk and shouted: "Put it in Chenyou Palace--"

*

Ever since she heard the Queen Mother's arrangements for tonight at Changshou Palace today, Shen Ji knew that His Majesty would rest in Fengyi Palace tonight, so she didn't expect His Majesty to come tonight at all. After eating, she washed and changed clothes. Wearing pajamas, he played rattle with Zizhao in the dormitory.

After a whole day, she had actually thought about it. Whether she could be in love with His Majesty was not the most important thing. She had never thought about it when she entered the palace before. It was all because His Majesty treated her too well and too straightforwardly. Bai, only then did he gradually become delusional.

Since it is a ridiculous delusion, just don't think about it and don't look forward to it.

Even though the days are so long, she can always find a balance between what His Majesty wants and what she can give, without causing harm to the country or the people, nor to herself.

From the beginning to the end, all she wanted was glory, wealth, status and rights. Now that she has them all, and has such a smart son, she should have been content.

Looking at Zizhao's growing eyebrows, his eyes look more and more like His Majesty's. Every time I think that Zizhao is the flesh and blood of her and His Majesty, I feel that life is really wonderful.

Shen Ji teased Zizhao by shaking his rattle, and couldn't help but smile tenderly when he saw him giggling energetically.

Qin Yuan walked to the door of the dormitory alone and saw the scene of mother and son enjoying themselves.

Shen Ji teased Zizhao without raising his head. Suddenly, he felt that the palace was a little too quiet. When he raised his head, he realized that His Majesty was standing at the door of the palace at some point. The maids serving in the palace had already quietly retreated, leaving them waiting. The wet nurse who took Zizhao back also lowered her head.

The Queen Mother made painstaking arrangements. Her Majesty should be accompanying the Queen in Fengyi Palace at the moment. Why did she come to Chenyou Palace?

Logically speaking, Shen Ji should be happy at this moment, but there was no joy in her heart, only a touch of astringency.

She smiled as usual and asked the wet nurse to bring Zizhao to your majesty. She said warmly: "Look, your majesty, Zizhao is very happy today."

Qin Yuan stepped forward and held Zizhao in his arms, weighing it: "Well, it seems to have sunk again."

He walked toward Shen Ji with the child in his arms, and said in a soft voice, "It's hard to raise a child. Thank you for your hard work."

Shen Ji lowered his eyebrows and smiled.

Too many things happened today, and Qin Yuan also knew that the queen mother called her over today and must have said something. He handed Zizhao in his arms to the wet nurse and asked someone to take him down to take care of him. Soon they were the only two people left in the palace.

Shen Ji smiled lightly and asked calmly: "Shouldn't Your Majesty be resting in the Queen's Palace today? Why are you out?"

"The Queen Mother has worked so hard, but your Majesty shouldn't indulge Susu like this."

In the dim candlelight at night, her eyebrows and eyes were gentle and picturesque. Even if she was only wearing silk and satin pajamas, she was extremely beautiful.

But Qin Yuan looked at her gentle expression, which somehow always made him feel fragile.

He couldn't help but raise his head and stroke her black hair,

The calm and melodious voice said in a low voice: "The queen is not feeling well and it is not appropriate to accompany you."

Qin Yuan lowered his eyes and looked at her somewhat evasive eyes: "Aren't you happy that I'm here with you?"

Shen Ji smiled and raised his hand to hold his: "Of course Susu is happy that your majesty can come."

"It's just that your Majesty has come to Susu here too many times recently, and it is inevitable that there will be complaints in the palace. As a concubine, Susu should be virtuous and cannot ignore the overall situation."

Qin Yuan asked quietly: "Did the queen mother tell you?"

Shen Ji nodded.

"I know all these things well, so you don't have to worry." Qin Yuan retracted his hand and raised his cup to drink tea without any hurry. His voice was calm and calm, "My mother has good intentions, and I understand why."

"But during these days, I just want to pamper you."

Qin Yuan put down the cup and tapped his index finger at her, the hint was self-evident.

Shen Ji was startled by His Majesty's words. As soon as he stood up and walked to His Majesty's side, he was brought to his lap without refusal.

"You told me that you have not been taken seriously since you were a child, you have no one to rely on, and your life is very difficult, so you don't believe or listen to anyone, you only believe in your own judgment."

"So I give you status, rights, and preferences just to let everyone know how important you are in my heart. Even if I am busy with state affairs in the future and can't take care of you, you can still protect yourself. That's it. I am behind you, and no one in this harem will dare to bully you or humiliate you." Qin Yuan hugged Shen Ji's slender waist and said softly, "You said you lacked support since childhood, I am willing to be your support."

Shen Ji's heart suddenly trembled.

She never thought that His Majesty would really take her words to heart. She originally thought that His Majesty treated her so well just because he liked her and liked her, so he was hot-headed and wanted to give her the best to please her.

I never thought that when His Majesty told her to give her time to take her time that day, it was never just because he was soft-hearted towards her that he stopped caring about her, and it was never out of pity for her.

Your Majesty really remembered every word she said.

Shen Ji never thought that one day he would be treated like a treasure.

but--

Even if His Majesty treats her so well, this deep palace, three palaces and six courtyards will never belong to her alone.

Just like today, if the Queen had not been unwell, Your Majesty would have rested in Fengyi Palace.

There is no way to only belong to her, and the better she is, the more torture she will get. Shen Ji is afraid of the heartache after falling in love with someone, and she doesn't dare to think about it.

The pain of being moved and letting go were intertwined. I don't know when it started, but Shen Ji's eye circles slowly turned red.

She held His Majesty's neck and choked with sobs, but her thoughts were changing all the time and she just smiled and said, "Your Majesty is so kind."

Qin Yuan thought that she finally understood his feelings, so he was so moved that he shed tears. He couldn't help but feel happy in his heart. He gently pinched the soft flesh of her waist and said softly: "If you know that I am good, you must learn to trust me. I will definitely protect you." It's best for you and the kids."

Shen Ji put his arms around His Majesty's neck and stood up, and said softly: "Your Majesty's intentions are all clear. Now Susu is the most popular in the palace. But what the Empress Dowager said is also true. A branch blooming alone is not spring, and the harem is still It would be nice if the garden is full of spring scenery."

"Besides... Susu doesn't want His Majesty to have any difficulties or troubles because of Susu."

After saying that, she forced a smile and said softly: "Today I heard that

The prince has learned his lessons very well. Your Majesty can go to Roufu Palace to see the eldest prince and his sister Zhuang Fei. You can also go to Fengyi Palace to accompany the empress. There is also Ke Meiren, who is still young and the daughter of a hero. Your Majesty may not have seen you for a long time, and there are Rong Wanyi and Chang Guiren..."

Before he finished speaking, Qin Yuan frowned slightly and put his finger against her chattering lips: "The Queen Mother has already said these words once. Even if you are obedient, you don't have to think about her like this. The rest of the women have their own thoughts in my heart. Think about it, you are still worried about me, do you really don't know how to write jealousy?"

Shen Ji lay on His Majesty's neck, as if talking to His Majesty, and also as if he was saying to himself: "Isn't it bad not to be jealous?"

So as not to feel a little uncomfortable throughout my life.

Qin Yuan raised his hand and hit her on the buttocks, neither lightly nor hard: "Of course it's not good."

"I like your jealousy."

Being jealous of other women shows that you care about His Majesty, and His Majesty will of course be happy. But being jealous of other women is a great sadness in Shen Ji's eyes. She doesn't like it and doesn't want to.

She smiled and said naturally: "Your Majesty has three palaces and six courtyards. If everyone is jealous, wouldn't he be a jealous person?"

Qin Yuan raised his eyebrows and pointed at the tip of her nose: "Three Palaces and Sixth Courtyard are not my heart either. You know best what my heart is."

"You just need to remember that you are the only one I love, and the other women are just me. But as an emperor, I always have many choices. If not, I would rather be an ordinary couple with you."

Shen Ji smiled with red eyes: "Can Susu be alone?"

Qin Yuan said without hesitation: "Of course."

Shen Ji closed his eyes and took the initiative to kiss his lips. The two lingered for a long time and spent the spring night together.

-

For more than half a month after that, His Majesty finally no longer favored the concubine Jade alone.

Although Concubine Jade is still very favored, His Majesty also went to Concubine Yide's Palace once, Concubine Zhuang's Palace once, Concubine Rao's Palace once, and Concubine Kemei's Palace once. During the day, when he had free time, he would also visit the Empress and the Concubine. The middle heir, His Majesty's rain and dew no longer nourish only one person, and the rumors and dissatisfaction inside and outside the palace have also been reduced a lot.

The Queen Mother was unwell, and the power in the palace was handed over to Concubine Yide and Shen Ji. The complicated palace affairs suddenly burdened her. The Queen Mother's birthday was approaching, and many accounts had to be reconciled, which she had to manage with Concubine Yide. During the Holy Birthday Festival, Shen Ji became even busier and had less and less time to spend time with and talk to His Majesty.

The Queen Mother had reminded her to be careful of Concubine Yide, which meant that the Queen Mother had found clues, and those things were more or less related to Concubine Yide.

She originally planned to see Lin Shuren once to confirm her suspicions, but with the Queen Mother's reminder, there was no need to see her again.

Concubine Yide was a deep-minded person. She was often involved in intrigues and intrigues under Lin's subordinates, and she was a very difficult character.

You have to be very careful when working with her, otherwise you will be tricked if you are not careful.

Fortunately, there was news from an informant outside the palace that Taifu Lin fell ill again due to the news that Lin Shuren was deposed. The Lin family was in chaos. After hearing the instigation from the outer chamber, Lin Shangshu became increasingly restless and prepared to take action. It didn't take long to think about it. , Lin's family will collapse completely.

When the Lin family is gone, the Lin family's last line of defense is broken, and they will naturally commit suicide in despair.

But she had done so many bad things with Concubine Yide, and she had nothing, but Concubine Yide was rising steadily, how could she be willing to do so?

With just a little provocation, Mrs. Lin would not be so kind as to let Concubine Yide go.

Concubine Yide thought she had left no clues, but she was good at words even when people were about to die. Once Lin fell, she would be afraid of leaving Lin alive and saying anything that shouldn't be said to hinder her. road.

When Concubine Yide couldn't sit still, Shen Ji happened to catch her.

Do you really think that she, Shen Ji, is a vegetarian and can be manipulated by others? !

Chapter 129

The Queen Mother's original birthday was March 17th, but Si Tianjian said that March 17th this year was an unlucky day and it was not suitable to celebrate her birthday, so this year's Holy Birthday Festival was set on April 10th.

The fifth and tenth days in the palace are considered auspicious. This year the Queen Mother coincides with her forty-fifth birthday, which is also a dark day. Your Majesty wants to organize it well, so this family banquet must be extremely grand and beautiful.

The Empress was unwell and had been recuperating in Fengyi Palace, so all these tasks fell on Concubine Yide and Shen Ji.

She was learning to take charge of palace affairs for the first time, and she had to catch up before she even started. She had no clue about many things, so she could only go to Fengyi Palace every now and then to invite the Queen.

Fortunately, potential can be stimulated under heavy pressure. Seeing that the Holy Birthday Festival is getting closer day by day, she has been thinking about it day and night, and she has really understood it eight or nine points. Apart from the lack of experience, she is already looking good. .

At this home banquet, many of the concubines wanted to perform to congratulate the Queen Mother. Concubine Yide was given the honorable tasks of preparing lists, meals and drinks, while Shen Ji supervised the renovation of furniture and decoration of the palace. The layout is such tiring work.

It's not that Shen Ji doesn't know what kind of jobs are easy to please, it's Concubine Yi De who personally assigned the errands in front of the queen, saying that Shen Ji is young and thoughtful and suitable for doing these.

The Queen was already unwell, and arguing in front of her would only add to her worries, so Shen Ji said nothing and took over the job.

In the past, when she was under the Lin family, Concubine Yide's limelight was completely obscured. Everyone only knew her as gentle, pitiful, considerate, and never quarreled with others. Now that the power is in her hands, no one can hold her down anymore, and all these little thoughts and instincts gradually surface on her face.

In addition to Shen Ji, many people in the palace naturally noticed that she was very different from before.

He is not as approachable and gentle as before, but more aloof and aloof. When he speaks, he is not as comfortable as before, with the alienation and calculation of a superior.

But so what if it's different. She is now one of the four concubines of the first rank. She has a prince at her knees and holds the power of the palace. As long as she goes on steadily, she will not be matched by the group of people below.

No matter how much they discuss in private, they are still respectful and polite on the surface, calling her Concubine Yide with a low eyebrow.

This is the benefit of climbing to high places.

-

It's noon on the ninth day of April.

Tomorrow is the Queen Mother's Holy Birthday Festival, and today I have to check the arrangements in the Liangyi Hall one last time to avoid any mistakes.

Yun Lan, who was beside the queen, was ordered to come over and help Shen Ji with the final touches. After the final inspection, there was nothing wrong, and Shen Ji then returned to Chenyou Palace to prepare for lunch.

During lunch, Qingtan Ping retreated from everyone in the palace, walked lightly to Shen Ji, and whispered in his ear: "Informants outside the palace received news that Lin Shangshu once again mentioned the entrance to the outer chamber in the palace the day before yesterday, and changed the original Both Taifu Lin and Mrs. Lin, who were bedridden, fainted from anger. The servants thought that Lord Lin was about to take action, so they deliberately angered Taifu Lin and let everyone know that Taifu Lin died suddenly because of his anger and injuries."

Shen Ji stopped moving and continued to eat with his eyes down: "I know, keep an eye on Shangshu Lin. When Taifu Lin dies, he will immediately spread the news to those people in the Lin family who are not convinced by Shangshu Lin. They will Once he found out that the old lady's death was unexplained, he would never give up and let Shangshu Lin's life go smoothly.

took over the Lin family. "

"At that time, the Lin family will be in chaos, and Taifu Lin and Shangshu Lin will be gone. I will be happy, and your Majesty will be happy too."

Green sandalwood blessings the body: "The queen is wise."

Shen Ji hummed and then asked, "How are the arrangements at Changxin Palace?"

"After Lin Shuren was deposed, even Hiiragi Mei was transferred to hard labor. Changxin Palace is now like a cold palace, with only Lin Shuren alone. Daily meals are delivered by someone from the Shangshi Bureau, and they are only delivered to the door. No entry is allowed, and there are guards on duty around. I heard that the Lin people hardly touch the food. Even if Concubine Yide wants to tamper with the food, I'm afraid she won't succeed." Qingtan said softly, "I have already informed the guards at the door. , be sure to keep a close eye on Changxin Palace and not make any mistakes. Even if they don't understand the reason, they dare not disobey your orders."

Shen Ji put down his chopsticks and rubbed his swollen forehead. He felt that he had been working hard these days and was very tired: "I know, you can go down."

After Lin's accident, with Concubine Yide's scheming, she must have guessed that Lin Shuren would take the initiative to seek death and meet with His Majesty before she died. In order to protect herself, she must kill Lin Shuren before she could say anything nonsense.

But although Changxin Palace is desolate now, it can be called an iron wall. What method should she use to get rid of the common people in the forest without anyone noticing?

If she were Concubine Yide, what should she do at such a critical moment?

Concubine Yide is cautious by nature and likes to leave a way out for herself in everything. She will definitely take precautions and will not let herself fall into passivity.

But tomorrow is the Queen Mother's Holy Birthday--

Thinking of Halloween, Shen Ji's eyes suddenly lit up.

-

On the tenth day of April, Shen Ji woke up early in the morning and heard voices coming from outside from time to time.

As soon as breakfast was finished, there was an endless stream of people coming and going on the long street in front of the South Sigong Gate. Looking at the past, they all dressed up carefully and came out to send congratulatory gifts to the Queen Mother as a sign of filial piety.

The Queen Mother is His Majesty's biological mother, and there is no need to mention the relationship between mother and child. If you can win the Queen Mother's favor, even if you are not favored by Your Majesty, you will have an extra layer of security in this palace, and naturally everyone will flock to you.

In the past, every holy birthday festival, the people below would send the gifts to Liangyi Palace before the start of the family banquet, and then the palace attendants would read out the details of the gifts loudly, so that everyone could know the sincerity of the gift-giver and show respect to the Queen Mother.

Although the scene is large, the process is lengthy and the post-organizing process is too troublesome. The Queen Mother is a person who likes purity, and she is constantly annoyed by the situation every year. This year, she changed the rules and sent the gifts directly to the Longevity Palace. The greetings were counted in the Longevity Palace and stored directly in the treasury, so as to avoid a headache during the family banquet.

There are so many people inside and outside the palace who want to honor the Queen Mother, and I'm afraid they have to be busy until the family banquet.

She didn't want to bother the Queen Mother today. She had already sent a congratulatory gift to the Queen Mother during dinner last night, including two Ruyi handles of warm jade, a Sichuan embroidery screen, and a Buddhist scripture that she had personally copied and had been consecrated by a monk. Don't be too outgoing, and follow the rules.

Recently, His Majesty no longer dotes on her alone. The Queen Mother is obviously very satisfied. Her tone of voice when talking to her is a little softer. She is also concerned about the details of taking charge of the palace, and she still approves of her.

-

The weather in early April is neither hot nor cold, and spring is just right. When the busy dinner time arrived, it happened to be that the lanterns were just starting to light up. There was still the afterglow of dusk in the sky, and the sunset was like a fire, burning with colorful colors.

The concubines who went to Liangyi Palace to attend the Queen Mother's Holy Birthday Festival looked up one after another. Taking this scene to attend the banquet was considered auspicious.

Shen Ji arrived early, and there were only a few low-level concubines sitting sparsely in the palace. When he saw her coming in, he hurriedly stood up and saluted her, greeted her with greetings, and was extremely flattering.

She responded with a smile. After sitting down, she raised her head and looked around the decoration of Liangyi Hall.

After lighting up the lanterns today, those ingenious arrangements made the hall even more gorgeous and dignified, resplendent and eye-catching. The effect was good, and her efforts in arranging it were not in vain.

About half an hour later, the empty seats in the palace were filled one after another by concubines, wives and ministers. His Majesty, the Queen Mother and the Queen also arrived together.

Everyone stood up to pay their respects and said loudly: "See Your Majesty, the Queen Mother, and the Queen."

"The Queen Mother has endless happiness and a long life -"

Today is the Holy Shou Festival, and everything is focused on showing filial piety to the Queen Mother. Qin Yuan gently supported the Queen Mother and said with a smile: "Mother, be careful where you step."

The Queen Mother smiled slightly and said loudly: "We are all members of our own family today, so there is no need to be formal."

After everyone was seated, His Majesty stood up first and read a birthday message for the Queen Mother to show his filial piety. After a few polite greetings between the monarch and his ministers, there was singing, music and dancing to add to the entertainment.

Shen Ji looked around without leaving any trace, and sure enough, no one from the Lin family came, not even Mrs. Lin. He must have been ill and handed a leave letter to the palace.

Now the whole of Chang'an is celebrating the Queen Mother's Holy Birthday. Even outside the palace, there are porridge stalls to serve porridge to benefit the world, and fireworks are set off at night.

Everyone's thoughts are on the Holy Birthday Festival, so other things can be put aside for a while. Even if something happens to someone's family, it won't attract too much attention.

If Lin Shangshu had this idea, then today would definitely be a restless night.

She was able to plant informants in the Lin family without anyone noticing. Concubine Yide and the Lin family had a close relationship in the past, so she was probably also sure of what was going on in the Lin family.

Shen Ji looked at Concubine Yide sitting in the front left, the smile on her face unchanged.

She rarely wore an eye-catching and gorgeous palace dress today. It was a very noble and dignified purple color. The golden hairpin on her flowing bun shone under the palace lantern. Her black hair was like clouds, luxurious and gentle.

Now in the palace, she is the eldest under the Queen, and she naturally takes the first seat under the Queen Mother, successfully replacing Lin's previous position.

Now it seems quite ironic.

After a cheerful birthday celebration, Concubine Yi De stood up and said with a smile that most of the concubines below had prepared talents and planned to present them to the Queen Mother as a congratulation. The children in the palace also had small congratulatory messages. explain.

The concubines and the emperor's heirs are all descendants of the Queen Mother, so she is naturally willing to show talent at family banquets.

The Queen Mother smiled lightly and said: "In that case, let's show the Ai family first what good things the children have prepared for the Ai family."

Concubine Yide said: "Yes."

"Among the emperor's heirs, only Ziji is the longest and has studied the longest. Why not let Ziji set an example for the younger brothers and sisters."

The Queen Mother smiled and nodded, and Concubine Yide slowly took her seat.

Just as the eldest prince stood up from Concubine Zhuang, Zhang Pu suddenly walked in quickly from the side hall, stood next to His Majesty, and whispered something.

At the end of the sentence, both His Majesty and the Queen Mother's expressions changed slightly. !

Chapter 130

The Lin family is becoming more and more restless, and accidents happen frequently. Taifu Lin is already old, and he had already expected what would happen today. The Queen Mother looked calm and was not too surprised, but today was her birthday after all, so hearing such news was not a good thing.

She half-closed her eyes and remained silent, while her hands moved slowly and slowly.

Qin Yuan, who was standing next to him, quickly regained his composure and said in a deep voice, "I understand. We'll talk about everything after the family banquet is over."

News came from outside the palace that Taifu Lin died at home today due to his anger and blood. Mrs. Lin was mourning all over the house and kept vigil at home. However, since today is the Queen Mother's birthday, she could not be buried or wear mourning clothes. Waiting for a while The body was buried overnight and buried the next day. In order to avoid conflicting with the Queen Mother, I stopped holding a grand funeral and asked for his permission.

The Queen Mother's Holy Birthday Festival is of course important, but Taifu Lin was the mentor of the emperors of two dynasties. He had a distinguished status, great mentorship, and an excellent reputation in the court, so it was not appropriate to bury him in a hurry.

This matter needs to be considered carefully and not rushed.

Zhang Pu bowed his head and said yes, went out and exchanged a few words with the people waiting at the entrance of the palace, and stood back behind His Majesty again.

Although this small episode passed quickly, the people present were all human beings, and many people noticed this scene. Shen Ji could guess that Concubine Yide, who was sitting closer to His Majesty, must have also guessed it.

Shen Ji glanced over quietly and saw Wen Shu next to Concubine Yi De leaning over and whispering something. Concubine Yi De's eyes immediately flashed a look of pleasure and vigilance.

But she concealed it very well. When she raised her head, she was still smiling, gentle and placid.

After the dancers and musicians in the hall retreated, the eldest prince walked to the center of the hall. The eldest prince is eight years old this year. Like Concubine Zhuang, he is a quiet and reserved child. He grew up very quickly, and at just over eight years old he was half as tall as a man. Perhaps it was because he had studied early and worked diligently. He looked at him faintly and looked very calm and steady.

He bowed his head and said as if he were a young adult: "My grandson, I wish your grandma a long life and good health, and may you have endless blessings."

"My grandson recently studied in the Imperial College and memorized a new birthday poem. He even asked the imperial grandmother to accept it."

The Queen Mother smiled lovingly and nodded.

"The green pines last forever..."

The eldest prince spoke fluently, his voice was steady, and every word was correct. The ministers nodded with satisfaction, talked in low voices, and showed their appreciation. Although he was only eight years old, Zi Ji, as the eldest son of His Majesty the Emperor, had a good handle on his bearings, which shows that he usually worked very hard in the Imperial College.

The royal family is lucky to have a prosperous heir who is knowledgeable and talented. His majesty has successors who can stabilize the government. The eldest prince performed very well today.

The eldest prince recited a birthday message very well, and both His Majesty and the Queen Mother were very satisfied. Qin Yuan praised Concubine Zhuang for her good teaching skills, while the Queen Mother waved to the eldest prince to come forward.

This showed the Queen Mother's love for the eldest prince. It was rare for Concubine Zhuang to be so happy. After drinking several glasses of wine, Concubine Yide glanced at Zirong beside her. Although she was smiling, it didn't reach her eyes.

I have always known that the eldest prince and concubine Zhuang are generally quiet and don't like to talk, and rarely go out. They should be very average people. Unexpectedly, today they have become famous, and they are well hidden.

The eldest prince was the only child in the family when your majesty was still the crown prince. Even her son Zirong was only born at the end of the second year after your majesty ascended the throne. There was a gap of several years. The eldest prince grew up quickly and read a lot. Now he has grown up and is exactly

When it's likable.

It's a pity that her son Rong is not a direct descendant,

He is only over four years old now,

If it weren't for her innate advantage, her Rong'er would definitely be the best.

She smiled and touched Zirong's head, her expression calm.

It doesn't matter, Rong'er will grow up as time goes by, and she can fight for it if she's not born enough to be a mother-in-law. She has had enough of being controlled by others and looks at others, and she never wants her children to live as sadly as she did before.

If you want to live a dignified and dignified life, you must outdo everyone and firmly hold your rights in your own hands. If you rely on others, you can only live like a dog.

It took her several years to move away the big stone of Lin. The road in the future must be paved firmly for Zirong. When Zirong ascends the throne of God, she will become the empress dowager, and then the most noble people in the world will be their mother and son, and they will be able to sit back and relax from now on.

The eldest prince walked up to the Queen Mother and called out to the Queen Mother in a childish voice. The Queen Mother put her arm on his shoulder, looked at him carefully, nodded and said with a smile: "What a good boy, your mother-in-law has raised you with great care." ."

She turned the eldest prince to face the emperor: "Look, this child's eyes and nose look more and more like you now."

Qin Yuan patted his shoulder and praised: "It's very good."

After the eldest prince retreated, the second prince also stepped forward and shouted auspicious words. Princess Changle was only over two years old, and the third prince was less than one year old, so he stopped coming forward. It was time for the concubines to perform their performances.

Shen Ji never participated in such performances, so she was happy and passing the time. What she really cared about was the movements of Concubine Yide.

To add to the fun, Concubine Yi De wrote down everyone's talents on paper and asked the Queen Mother to draw lots herself. The first person to appear was Fang Meiren, who played the piano. After the song, she praised her for a few words and then left as usual.

Although there are many concubines in the palace, most of them are from good families, and not many are talented. The remaining official women are also engaged in playing music, chess, calligraphy, painting, dancing and music. Seeing this year after year, there is not much. Lots of new ideas.

But this year's talents were all reported to Concubine Yide, and she only took over the power of the palace. This could win over people's hearts and increase her influence in the palace. Shen Ji felt that she would not let it go.

There are not many people in the palace who can share His Majesty's favor. She must want to support her own power, and it would be better if she can share his favor.

But now the concubines in the palace are no longer new, except for some good family members in Ye Ting. His Majesty did not like people before, if he has been out of favor for a long time and sees them again, will he like them?

Or is it that Concubine Yi De has found potential newcomers to train from Yeting and is preparing to make a big splash today?

Shen Ji took two mouthfuls of crystal shrimps. As soon as he put down his chopsticks, he saw the Queen Mother had drawn a new lot, which said Zhao Cairen was flying in the sky.

She had the impression that Zhao Cairen was hired into the palace in the same year as Rao Guifei. Her family background was not high, her father's official position was the sixth rank, and he had never been much favored.

After taking charge of the palace, she took a look at His Majesty's concubines in the past few years, and she had some impression that she had only been blessed a few times when she first entered the palace, and they had remained unknown in these years.

But Feitianwu--

Shen Ji remembered that this was a very difficult dance, requiring the help of a ribbon to float, and he had never seen her dance it before.

Could it be that she was the one that Concubine Yi De secretly trained/taught?

Shen Ji raised his eyes and looked over, only to see that Zhao Cairen had already changed into dance clothes and slowly walked out from the side door.

Today, Zhao Cairen put on very careful makeup, and her original beauty has become eighty percent. In addition, she is wearing a red silk dress that is voluptuous and smart, with a slim waist, which is very pleasing to the eye.

The concubines, including Shen Ji, were all surprised to see her dressed up like this, not to mention His Majesty.

It would be natural for a woman she hadn't seen much in several years to suddenly appear with a new look, and she would be pleasantly surprised, but Concubine Yi De thought it through.

When he thought that His Majesty would be attracted by Zhao Cairen, Shen Ji's originally calm heart suddenly felt unspeakably blocked.

She subconsciously raised her head to look at His Majesty, only to see His Majesty looking at her, as if he wanted to see something from her face.

Shen Ji hurriedly looked away. A subtle smile appeared on Qin Yuan's lips, but he quickly suppressed it and returned to his calm and indifferent appearance.

After Zhao Cairen Yingying paid her respects, the musicians played the music of "Flying to the Sky", with the pipa clanking and the flute melodious. She stretched her body and danced in the hall. Every move was just right. It was obvious that she had practiced carefully many times.

As the music reached its climax, the melody became softer and gentler. After a lake-blue ribbon fell from the beam in the hall, it suddenly became excited.

She grabbed the silk ribbon and danced in the hall, spinning flexibly in circles, wrapping her long legs around the silk, raising her jade feet, spreading her snow-white arms, the ribbon in her hand was flying like a colorful ribbon, and the silver bell on her anklet jingled.

This piece of flying dance is too difficult and really breathtaking.

The dance is pleasing to the eye and the colors are strong and festive, which seems to push the atmosphere of the family banquet to its peak.

Zhao Cairen noticed the eyes of everyone, and finally a confident smile appeared in her eyes. She once again grasped the ribbon and prepared to circle and land. In the corner where no one heard, there was the sound of fabric being torn.

Just as she was turning around to slowly land on the ground, the ribbon in her hand split into two with a hiss, and Zhao Cairen fell heavily to the ground in the flash of lightning.

Zhao Cairen screamed in pain, and the music stopped abruptly. Zhao Cairen was so frightened that this unexpected incident happened on the Holy Birthday Festival and she shed tears. He quickly endured the pain and got up and knelt down and said, "Your Majesty, please forgive me. The Queen Mother forgives me! I never meant it. I really don't know why the ribbon broke." , I have never had my ribbon break during practice, Your Majesty!"

After such an incident occurred in Haoyiwu, Qin Yuan's expression became a little colder.

He waved to Zhang Pu, who immediately walked down to take a look. After looking at it carefully, he said: "Your Majesty, this ribbon is new and has no signs of wear, but there are many burrs and cuts at the break, like It was cut off by something, so--"

Qin Yuan understood and said quietly: "I understand."

Zhang Pu bowed and returned to his original place. Qin Yuan said: "Ask the imperial doctor and the medical girl to come over and look at Zhao Cairen's injuries and take good care of him."

"Today is the Queen Mother's Holy Birthday. I don't want to dampen the Queen Mother's interest, but someone wants to spoil my interest."

Zhao Cairen was led down with tears in her eyes. Concubine Yide looked at the place where she had just hung the ribbon, and said thoughtfully: "It has been many years since the Liangyi Palace was built, and it is unknown whether the beams have been worn, but if it is not natural If it's worn out, it means someone deliberately framed it."

She looked at Shen Ji and asked with a smile: "I remember that the person in charge of the renovation of Liangyi Hall is Yu Guifei. Does Yu Guifei know who has been coming in and out recently? Have you really checked everything?"!

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης